@devs please make more underwater content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

No please no. Do not waste resources on this too much. If amyrhing add a newap with some underwater tunel to travel fast (with currents or something) and maybe some special speed boost shrine or like nthis. Not more.

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I’m 50/50 on the underwater stuff. I’m not a great fan as combat feels sluggish (as it naturally would be) but I can see why folk would enjoy it. However, I think what would make it more interesting – at least for me – is to make a map entirely underwater but have it an explorers paradise…

… more vistas, chests in places that reward those who think “I wonder what’s over there?”, NPC dialogues to make one laugh, graphics that make you go “wow”, new creatures, new heart quests (probably not combat related) etc.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

(edited by Flatley.1620)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

GW2 has the second best underwater content in an MMO (that I have played). I wouldn’t mind seeing it updated and expanded upon.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

GW2 has the second best underwater content in an MMO (that I have played). I wouldn’t mind seeing it updated and expanded upon.

What is the better one? Is it good game I can play?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

What is the better one? Is it good game I can play?

To be honest its kind of a dying game, but Champions Online (made by the same developers who created City of Heroes) has an entire zone set under water. Lemuria.

Warning: Underwater is not throughout the game, just in the one zone.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I always felt the underwater mechanics were fine, but the problem was that you no longer had to deal with enemies surrounding you but enemies could be above and underneath you. Essentially the problem comes to having to deal with a x, y and z plane. The same problem existed in Aion with flight…which is essentially the same thing as being underwater.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Perhaps it’s time to accept the obvious conclusion, that players generally don’t want to be forced into underwater combat. I know I don’t.

So, because you don’t want it you generalize and speak for everyone? Sorry to disappoint, but you are not everyone, and as this thread proves, there are many who love the underwater world. (Underwater combat could be adjusted a bit regarding depth perception, but it is nonetheless quite a lot of fun as it is.)

Posted by: Blackagar.1052

Blackagar.1052

I’ve never understood the hate for underwater combat. Personally, I like it a lot, but it just requires variety and some reworks imo and it’d be great, but I also think abusing mechanics and speedrunning is stupid so I suppose I’ll always be in the minority as far taste in this game goes.

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Underwater stuff is something I think should be used carefully, conservatively, and deliberately. I think when most people complain about underwater stuff, they’re thinking of Caledon Forest, the old Metrica Provence, and Honor of the Waves. In these small cramp areas, worrying about a z axis becomes a cluster kitten.

In Frostgorge Sound however, it’s awesome since you have this wide and deep area filled with stuff in both the upper levels and the floor that is a joy to explore.

So far, we haven’t had many maps that require you make use of an ocean (why focus on the ocean when we’ve got a volcano with skull faces?), so I think it’s good that the devs are waiting on a good moment to reintroduce underwater stuff.

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

I dont know many games with such an awesome underwater combat System.

Why there are no underwater dungeons, or why all the new maßs got so few underwater places.

Mabye we can also get some Story with the Deep Sea Dragon or smth.

I got 1 underwater Leggy called Kamohai Kotaki and ist the most beautiful Legendary in this game.

I hope we can get Kind of a Atlantis map or so

?

I have to agree with you, I really miss it… I think this is one of the few mmos that actually have real underwater combat. I remember there was a really cool PvP map I love to play that had a section to capture that was underwater… Oh the awesome Brawls we had… Hmmm I Wonder why they took it off? I think also at that time “Shrouds” could snowfall from high places and ride the Lightning could fly from one location to the next in a almost strait line regardless of how high a Drop it was as long as it was active… Those where really fun times! I love doing PvP at that time it was very fun, some player really new how to shine it almost look like a Star Wars Jedi vs Sith when an Ele and Necro where fighting and making all does long distance jumps or snowfalls and even their underwater fight even the FX of Powers where HUGE! PvP stuff and powers has change so much since then I lost interest in anything that has PvP in it… Oppps sorry sidetracked!

One of the reasons I stop to bother collecting Lion Chest skins Sets is because at some point they left out skins for the underwater weapons…not sure if they added them recently, but I think a lot don’t have them.

Im kinda hopping they bring underwater content soon, better if they bring it as an expansion with a new race like Largos BIG TYRIA map under see map with beautiful sea life and vegetation, also deep sea creepy stuff too… oooo one can dream… LOL! Anyway, yeah, I really hope they bring it strong at some point in the story or/Expansions in the future.

(edited by Ngeluz.4860)

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

my god just leave this dead topic be.
They didn’t do anything in 4 years, didn’t answer any suggestions about water content, gave up balance underwater fight.
Just let dead lie in peace.
Your please please won’t change anything

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

They didn’t do anything in 4 years, didn’t answer any suggestions about water content, gave up balance underwater fight.

That’s the problem, if we let it die in peace, their won’t be any new UW content.
It’s our duty to tell anet that the UW content was fine, really, and there’s good money in trying to fix the problems it has. I personally never disliked UW content at all, so I was sad they discontinued it in the first place.
I especially miss the inquest-shark in Soren Dra

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

That’s the problem, if we let it die in peace, their won’t be any new UW content.
It’s our duty to tell anet that the UW content was fine, really, and there’s good money in trying to fix the problems it has. I personally never disliked UW content at all, so I was sad they discontinued it in the first place.
I especially miss the inquest-shark in Soren Dra

And i dont like how they butcher maps for the sake of removing it cough cough lake doric, bitterfrost frontier cough cough

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I loved the UW World in WoW Vash’jir. Very atmospheric but WoW did it quite simple, the combat was the same as land combat and you learned a skill so you could breathe underwater and you had an underwater mount. Blizzard style, indeed.

GW2 has very atmospheric UW content and first I loved it. The problem is the following: Skills unfinished, balancing issues, many skills don’t work etc. It’s horrible combat wise. I have no problem with Z-Axis though and my orientation is good generally. That’s a big issue for many players I heard. Suggestions: Play Super Mario Galaxy.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I don’t mind too much that they don’t want to focus on underwater combat at this time, because it’s probably very hard to design for. I mean, if players can’t think with the extra axis I can only imagine how much strain it adds on developers with most likely the same problems.

But at least some underwater content should be doable. It doesn’t need full maps focused on it, but definitely keep going with some minor underwater content here and there shouldn’t be too hard.

Draconis Mons could easily have cold streams in the water so that you can swim here and there.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

An upgrade to it would be nice, specially for some classes. The main thing i hope for though is they don’t cheapen the underwater feel, the way DDO did it. Where you just got an air bubble over your head, sunk to the bottom, swung weapons slower and jumped super high like your on the moon. Afterall it’s nice to have a difference from land fighting and underwater fighting, just needs to be balancd a bit better.

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Underwater combat would be fine if they didn’t limit the skills…

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I would love more UW, but the combat need additional twists, maybe new environmental options to use against creatures and bosses.
Also the whole ocean part need to have more then 1 level. similar to the 3 level HoT maps. then it can have a lot of hidden content and it will be worth exploring. Maybe make some dive gear that allow not only for swim, but for ground moving/walking on ocean bottom.

(edited by mazut.4296)

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

It’ll come someday… And then I’ll have the last laugh. They called me crazy when I forged those UW legendaries, CRAZY! HOW DARE THEY?! I’ll show them! I’ll show them all!!!

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I mostly want underwater content as a spur to finish the underwater skills that have been ignored. Revenant feels barely 70% done because of this, and most of the other professions are gutted underwater.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Cevni.2049

Cevni.2049

As someone who has been called an “underwater fetishist” after asking for the legendary helmet to extend to a legendary breather (or just remove this mess of a slot, you can breathe without one anyway) and requesting a swimming pool in the Guild Arena for Amphibious fights.

As such I have come here to offer my support, I believe your suggestions are great, especially about build changing when going into the water, perhaps not to the level of entire traitlines or armorsets, but at the very least traits within the traitline, so you’re not stuck with a trait that improves your scepter while being underwater and thus not having one.

I believe when I speak for the whole of the Underwater GvG community when I say that more builds options underwater would be welcome as well, in addition to this a few balance chagnes would be appreciated such as the ranger downstate 3 being a bit less broken. Also adding finishers underwater would be a very good step in the right direction.

Increasing movespeed overall underwater would also be nice. As a reaper main I suppose I do have access to weapons that do feel well designed and I have access to shroud so perhaps I like it more than most people cause of that, some classes have a lot worse designed underwater (elementalist comes to mind and revenant I guess, but at least they feel rather powerful underwater)

Cevni – Reaper – Hardcore Erotic Roleplay [ERP] Smallscale Underwater GvG enthusiast
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC15zc8ImU3vnh_ASh4rpbsA