39 Keg Brawl Fumble Forcer
40 Leveler 0/1
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
42 Personal Story Completer 0/1
43 Recycler 0/10
44 Skill Interruptor 0/15
45 Skill Point Accumulator 0/3
46 Story Dungeon Completer 0/1

what if, every day, we have 46 dailies to complete, but we only need to complete 5 for the daily reward. the rest just offer an 5% increase towards the experience bar for the character completing it.

with this, dailies PvE will be truly casual.
everyone can get their dailies doing what they really wanted.

so what do you think?

do you want 5/46 dailies everyday? yes? no? why?

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

do u want 5/46 dailies everyday?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

No. too much. I like being “forced” to do certain content. I like as it is now.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I like it as it is now too. Doing it this way would circumvent some of what Anet is trying to do with dailies.

Like today, I went to Queensdale, just to get my kills. I could have gone to any other Krytan zone, including Southsun Cove, but I choose Queensdale because it takes a couple of minutes.

There were a zillion people there. I mean a lot. The bandit event looked like the Frozen Maw. There had to be 40-50 people there, farming the bandits as they spawned. I got my kills in under 3 minutes and I was done with the zone, but I stayed to get the follow up event so I had half my events too. And of course I was getting chests during all this.

If you made it the way you’re suggesting, then people wouldn’t congregate in Wayfarer, or Maguuma, and you wouldn’t have the same affect, which is like that of a party atmosphere. It was fun. People were chatting. Everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Not enough people are inconvenienced by dailies as they are to make the change…the price would be too high.

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

Absolutely not. I enjoy that the daily gets me to sometimes try out new things, like Jumping Puzzles or my Personal Story, when otherwise I might not have done it.

Also, I find it a fun challenge to see how quickly I can do my daily each day, so I like that I have a small set list to work from.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

make it :
1.daily laurel vendor
2.daily laurel vendor
3.daily laurel vendor
4.daily laurel vendor
5.daily laurel vendor
and all the QQ will go poof!

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’m fine with it the way it is.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks everyone for the quick feedback!
ahaha thanks Vayne for the comprehensive feedback! as always!

hmmm at the moment, it seems like everyone who replied does not want 5/46 dailies. good.

i think those who complain are in the minority group.

lets keep the feedback coming.
though i think in the end, most will go with “no” while only a few will say “yes”.

Posted by: cuasilk.6927

cuasilk.6927

make it :
1.daily laurel vendor
2.daily laurel vendor
3.daily laurel vendor
4.daily laurel vendor
5.daily laurel vendor
and all the QQ will go poof!

Some people will argue that visiting the laurel vendor it’s not their play style and you are not letting them play the way they want.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

No. Some people like to complete dailies even if they already did 5 for a laurel. Having 46 of them to complete each day and sooner or later someone will make it to the news (“another player died in front of the PC after playing 20h per day”).

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I prefer them as they are, thank you. =)

Vayne.8563

There’s another issue here. For each daily you accomplish over your actual daily, you get an achievement point. Some people do every daily every day to increase their points. These people would be royally screwed (or burned out in a couple of days lol).

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Personally, I think anybody who complains in any way about dailies needs to uninstall. As far as your idea goes OP, Id love to be able to knock out all these dailies. Would be a great way to get XP for leveling alts.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yes, I actually do.

Let me pick what I want.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

They are fine as they are i don’t understand all the new kittening about them. It is enough to nail any of the 5 usually per day for the chest/laurel… after that i try to complete the others on my alts for some free xp. The trickiest thing i find would be doing 9/9pve, 4/4spvp, each tier of fotm daily chest THEN all the boss chest set rares once a day.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

It’s funny also how a lot of people have lately been saying “I only log on to do dailies” and then these posts come up saying they need to be completable in less than 5 mins. It’s almost as if people don’t want to play the game yet are so addicted they can’t stop!

On a more serious note though I really hope they don’t change dailies. It works fine as it is and although I have plenty to do in game and enjoy it, dailies give me more to do ensuring I don’t get completely bored. It’s like killing your own content if they make it so you can complete it in 5 mins, it might as well not exist in the first place.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Be careful what you ask for people. If you think about how it is now just consider the extra traffic in packets to keep track of all 46 possibilities for the daily for each and every person playing the game! Then go over to the “tech Support” forums and check how many people are complaining about lag. Leave it alone.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Imo daily need another rework. New system is same bad as old one. Some dailies are stupidly easy like laurel vendor and some frustrating and annoying like daily tower in WvW (imo daily is something what you can do whole solo) or fortunetaly ended crap toss.
Also will be great if they implement system from gw1 where you can do daily 3 days back.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

No.

Don’t make the easy game alot more easier. Let people put in some little effort to get what they want.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I feel the dailies are easy enough. There’s always 5 in there that I can get with little effort, 2 more with additional effort, and then dungeons, fractals, WvW etc.

I use it as a rough inspiration for where to go for the day and I like that my direction differs from day to day.

If I could pick my own 5 “easiest” dailies, I’d end up doing exactly the same every day.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

If they gave you that many dailies to choose from, there’d only be more complaining. All those people that think they have to do 100% of the dailies would complain about being forced to do all those dailies to stay on top of the leaderboards.

The other group of people that want easier dailies basically want “Daily task: Logged in 1/1” to be their daily. One of the goals for dailies was to spread people out into the world, which is why you can’t just do one thing to complete them all. Right now, completing the daily is as easy as doing just a few dragon events.

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

By making it so you have to complete x number of kills in Krytan, players head to Krytan to complete that part of the daily. Suddenly, players that might have been scattered all over Tyria are now playing together in Krytan. There is a method to the madness. To make them harder they could make the gathering more specific, like gather 5 blood oranges. You’d really have to know the different zones to achieve that one.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Crafter, Puzzle, Forgesmith, Feast, Recycler

Now you never have to leave Lions Arch!

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

point of dailies is to get people to do all content regularly…leave it as it is.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

One thing they pulled off well, leave it alone.

(but add WvW Daily and split it from PvE one – and do not trow it in PvP Daily. It’s so hard consider WvW as a proper game mode and not an extension for PvE?)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

5 – 8 [Regional] Killer 0/40
17 Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
27 Daily Kills 0/50
30 Daily Puzzle Jumper 0/1
31 Daily Puzzle Discoverer 0/3

that’s my ideal daily

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Laurels still will be a time gated currency, so what OP suggests won’t fix the issue. AN needs to step away from a time gated content, it’s not the way to go.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Some dailies r easier than others. One can then choose the 5 easiest ones.
Dailies dont have to be that easy either imo.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

19 Daily Crafter 0/10
30 Daily Puzzle Jumper 0/1
36 Karma Spender 0/750
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
43 Recycler 0/10

This would be my list of things to do in 5 mins everyday. Don’t think it will ever happen.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

13 Ambient Killer 0/30
17 Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
19 Daily Crafter 0/10
24 Daily Gatherer 0/20
26 Daily Kill Variety 0/13
27 Daily Kills 0/50
43 Recycler 0/10

This would be the choices for my five if I could do those everyday that would be awesome.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Why not:
1. Talk to Laurel Vendor
2. Talk to Weapons Vendor
3. Talk to Armor’s Vendor
4. Talk to Repair Npc
5. Talk to a none vendor Npc.

Then people who want to be forced can be as forced as they like and those who don’t care can simply log get their laurel and leave. After all you can simply do a few matches of spvp and be done with it.

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

I’d like dailies to be easier to attain, something like 5/15…. but I’d like monthlies to be harder. Something like 10/15. I currently get about every second day dailies done, I don’t really consider them that much fun… I like to do one thing at a time (fractals today, JP tomorrow, wvw the day after that) and not jump around from one thing to another.

However, I usually get monthly done in 2-7 days, I rarely have to even do anything to get it done. s:

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

I am a bit in the middle on this one. Making the daily 5/46 would just make the same dailies done every day and remove all challenge. At that point they might as well give the daily for just logging in. Both I would rather not see.

On the other side, the current daily is still a bit too challenging. For instance today’s daily I had to go out of my way to finish (buy blues and whites and toss into the mystic forge)

I believe the current daily is a bit too small but not by much.

Here’s what I would like to see.
Each day a random list of events is selected. each category has a pool it draws from.
1)Kills (normal kills, veteran kills, aquatic kills, etc)
2)Regional(Krytan kills, maguuma veterans, etc)
3)Events(Normal events, sidekicked events, regional events)
4)Daily gatherer
5-7)General (Dodger, leveler, condition, interrupter, etc.)
8,9)Minigames (Keg, moa racing(and any other new games added), jump puzzles, ambient killer
10)Group (Group events, champion killer)
11)WvW kills
12)WvW Singular (Killing yaks, capturing camps, etc.)
13)WvW Group(Capture towers, Capture Keeps)

by my count it adds 2 more categories. and will be much easier to attain through normal game-play.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Nope, fine the way it is.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i prefer them the way they are not too hard and i get to decide what i want to do. it moves me a lot in areas i dont go to often usually doing other tasks along with my dailies. on one char i might have never finished mount malestorm without the dailies. i took that char everytime we had a metrica one and now im doing it on another. some days i want to do wvw so i can do some of it there. they are good for me the way they are. although in the monthlies id like a few more choices

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I would say no. I quite like the way it is now, although admittedly it can be difficult. But this is the great thing about it – the dailies how they are force me to explore certain areas that I otherwise may avoid, to give dungeons a shot, try some jumping puzzles, etc. It’s refreshing.

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

While I would love dailies to be reworked (Or be gone) this is definitely not how to.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Why not:
1. Talk to Laurel Vendor
2. Talk to Weapons Vendor
3. Talk to Armor’s Vendor
4. Talk to Repair Npc
5. Talk to a none vendor Npc.

Then people who want to be forced can be as forced as they like and those who don’t care can simply log get their laurel and leave. After all you can simply do a few matches of spvp and be done with it.

That’s too much talking, I’m anti-social.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

People want the dailies to be EASIER to obtain? Seriously? Every daily has a spot that makes it easy to complete in under 30min. How much easier do you people expect Anet to make these things! A sub-10min daily? What the hell is the point then!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

ArchonWing.9480

This has nothing to do with difficulty. The only time I don’t get a laurel is when I don’t play the game.

But the philosophy of dailies is to get them done with regular gameplay and not to require arbitrary detours. Sure, we can get rid of the trivial ones like visit laurel vendor or crafter (or make them count as half, whatever), but there is no way that stuff like Daily Feast in any way consists of regular gameplay. Or story completer when someone has already done the story. Nor does any regional specific daily either. These things should be lopped on the regular routine rather than take up space.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Posted by: the Tom.1659

the Tom.1659

Party repeating what I wrote in the other thread ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/dailies-are-forced-atm/2222189 ):

I think daily keeps the game fun and interesting for people around you by making you go places you wouldn´t go and do stuff the games needs the players to do in order to keep fluid. Events mostly, and WvW tasks. By doing these, either directly or indirectly, other players benefit.

I like this purpose, and I would take it to another level by taking out the “selfish” dailies, like: regular kills, gathering, crafting, visiting laurel vendors (“But that one is easy!”)… and keep only the ones that make you travel and participate.

And after hearing the story of Vayne and the 40 bandits, wouldn´t it be for the best if everybody randomed their own daily?

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

People want the dailies to be EASIER to obtain? Seriously? Every daily has a spot that makes it easy to complete in under 30min. How much easier do you people expect Anet to make these things! A sub-10min daily? What the hell is the point then!

Forcing you to login without an additional annoyance. Logging in is annoying enough.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

No, because I would end up finishing them in 1 minute. I like thinking of what to do and where to accomplish my daylies. Otherwise doing these would require no time at all:
Laurel Vendor
Mystic Forgesmith
Food Eater
Recycler
Puzzle jumper.
I could accomplish all of those without even leaving LA.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I like them the way they are, they mean that people congregate in certain zones which makes the world feel far more alive. Queensdale with Krytan Killer and Events is actually really quite fun.

It is possible they could do with 1 more PvE option each day though. Sometimes you just end up with a lot of long ones all in different zones, though this is rare.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I like how dailies change every day, encourages me go to different parts of the world to complete them and try things I may not have tried before.

If they were 5/46, there would honestly be no challenge, there’s always an easy one to try, even if I’d try not to I know I’d end up doing the easiest ones to get them out of the way.

Heck, visit a daily laurel, kill 1 or 2 mobs (which is how long it takes for my condition damage mesmer to complete daily condition applier), craft some some cheap items, eat them if it’s food, salvage or mystic toilet if it’s not, dailies done in under 10 minutes every day.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

While it would make them a lot easier for a majority of people to complete I’m not sure allowing all the options is a great idea.

I say add a couple more of the randomly generated options though. There is usually 5 or 6 PvE options. One almost always being group event related. Two dungeon options. And 2 or 3 WvW options. This isn’t necessarily bad but I’d say a bigger range is better, but all 46 options? nah.

Like others have stated if you add all the options you literally could or almost complete the daily without leaving LA and thats no fun. I think it should require a bit more input then that.

Vayne.8563

This has nothing to do with difficulty. The only time I don’t get a laurel is when I don’t play the game.

But the philosophy of dailies is to get them done with regular gameplay and not to require arbitrary detours. Sure, we can get rid of the trivial ones like visit laurel vendor or crafter (or make them count as half, whatever), but there is no way that stuff like Daily Feast in any way consists of regular gameplay. Or story completer when someone has already done the story. Nor does any regional specific daily either. These things should be lopped on the regular routine rather than take up space.

The philosophy of the dailies is to get people out into the world doing stuff. If you want to play a game of keg brawl, good luck on days when keg brawl isn’t the daily. That’s the REAL philosophy of dailies.

Anet tried to make it so there are enough things so that you can do most of it without too much grief, but from a development point of view, the point is to get people out into the world in places they want visited.

Posted by: kellenburger.9245

kellenburger.9245

It’s good the way it is.

ArchonWing.9480

The philosophy of the dailies is to get people out into the world doing stuff. If you want to play a game of keg brawl, good luck on days when keg brawl isn’t the daily. That’s the REAL philosophy of dailies.

Anet tried to make it so there are enough things so that you can do most of it without too much grief, but from a development point of view, the point is to get people out into the world in places they want visited.

I’m not sure what the real philosophy of dailies is anymore. But I do recall a time they were generic enough to do anywhere, and the real only complaining was over kill variety.

If they want to make places visited, then they should make it interesting so people will visit it on its own merits. A good example is Southsun Cove, of which many just visited because of those events and items. Once it was over, people left in droves.

When I see “Ascalon Killer” I don’t despise the achievement because I have to go to a specific spot to kill stuff. I despise it because I hate the zones’ looks and design, and those zones have nothing interesting in them. Shiverpeaks killer is no harder or easier, but at least it’s easier on the eyes!

In the end, I would say when people visit content just because of a reward, then the content itself is no good.

And l pointed out the few dailies that do not get people out in the world doing stuff, such as story after you finished it, or daily feast. These contribute nothing to gameplay. I would argue the same for the ones that do not require to leave LA.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure what the real philosophy of dailies is anymore. But I do recall a time they were generic enough to do anywhere, and the real only complaining was over kill variety.

If they want to make places visited, then they should make it interesting so people will visit it on its own merits. A good example is Southsun Cove, of which many just visited because of those events and items. Once it was over, people left in droves.

When I see “Ascalon Killer” I don’t despise the achievement because I have to go to a specific spot to kill stuff. I despise it because I hate the zones’ looks and design, and those zones have nothing interesting in them. Shiverpeaks killer is no harder or easier, but at least it’s easier on the eyes!

In the end, I would say when people visit content just because of a reward, then the content itself is no good.

And l pointed out the few dailies that do not get people out in the world doing stuff, such as story after you finished it, or daily feast. These contribute nothing to gameplay. I would argue the same for the ones that do not require to leave LA.

I have to disagree. I played Guild Wars 1, and there were some very good missions there. I didn’t do them for the reward, but you can only do a mission so many times.

So when Z-quests came out, sort of the Guild Wars 1 daily, they gave me a reason/excuse to go back and to those missions for the extra reward.

The problem with Guild Wars 2 and earlier zones is people don’t find them as rewarding and SOME people need that reward to go to them. I’m not one of those people, but a lot of people are.

So even if the zone is well designed, it doesn’t mean that someone is necessarily going to return to it. Surely you’ve seen people post on these forums saying they really enjoyed leveling but there’s no point in going back to low level zones…even if they enjoyed it.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I love how this entire thread devolved into a bunch of patting yourself on the back about how awesome you all are for loving dailies and how stupid we are for saying the system is broken.

Boring time-gated requirements for BiS gear that is not obtainable in any other way than the boring time-gated content is a terrible system and it should be changed.

All I was arguing for in that other thread was alternatives to the dailies, or giving extra daily options that reward you for more than just open world PvE and occasionally for dungeons/fractals.

But I guess I’m just not as cool as you guys because I consider swimming around in some pond in some low level area chasing fish and skelk to be about as fun and engaging as petting a dead horse.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu