do u want 5/46 dailies everyday?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I love how this entire thread devolved into a bunch of patting yourself on the back about how awesome you all are for loving dailies and how stupid we are for saying the system is broken.

Boring time-gated requirements for BiS gear that is not obtainable in any other way than the boring time-gated content is a terrible system and it should be changed.

All I was arguing for in that other thread was alternatives to the dailies, or giving extra daily options that reward you for more than just open world PvE and occasionally for dungeons/fractals.

But I guess I’m just not as cool as you guys because I consider swimming around in some pond in some low level area chasing fish and skelk to be about as fun and engaging as petting a dead horse.

I don’t see people patting themselves on the back. I see people as saying they don’t have a problem with the status quo.

And this change being suggested by the OP wouldn’t at all change the time/gate problem you’re talking about (which I agreed with btw…I do think there should be other ways to get amulets).

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

This will enrage the achievement-point completionists pretty hard.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I don’t see people patting themselves on the back. I see people as saying they don’t have a problem with the status quo.

And this change being suggested by the OP wouldn’t at all change the time/gate problem you’re talking about (which I agreed with btw…I do think there should be other ways to get amulets).

Hmmm, I see a page full of snarky comments and “lol, them whiners just want free stuff” posts.

I disagree with the OP though, which I should have included in that other post. I think adding all 46 of them would just devolve in people finding the “get your 5/5 in 10min” way of doing the dailies (which was the case when they were the same every day) and it would indeed not solve the time gate.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

not solve the time gate.

the time gate is working as intended.

there is nothing to fix there.

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I’d love to, that would really be rewarding people to play the way they want. Dungeon completer? Check, and with this veteran and champion slayer, daily kills and daily healer if I’m unlucky. Fractal frequenter? Check. WvW kills? Check.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

I don’t mind the X amount of kills in Said area. At least it gets me out of my Cushion zone…..wherever that is.

The only thing I dislike more is the monthly. For cryin’ out loud Anet switch up the Fractal crap.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

by the way, i have not contributed my own opinion regarding this survey.
for me, i’m fine with the dailies as they are now.
so, no, i dun want a 5/46 dailies.
i know anet will not make it happen as well.

5/9 is good enough.
i will do more than 5 if they are not too much of a trouble to do.
if i think those dailies are too much trouble, not worth the time etc or i do not have enough time i will not do them.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

All I was arguing for in that other thread was alternatives to the dailies, or giving extra daily options that reward you for more than just open world PvE and occasionally for dungeons/fractals.

What would you have that would’ve been rewarded then? What other content is there in PvE other than wvw, open world and dungeon/fractals? Seems like you want to be rewarded just for logging on -.-

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t mind the X amount of kills in Said area. At least it gets me out of my Cushion zone…..wherever that is.

The only thing I dislike more is the monthly. For cryin’ out loud Anet switch up the Fractal crap.

You do realize you only need 4 to make a monthly, right?

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

You do realize you only need 4 to make a monthly, right?

Of Course. I like variety though.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

That’s too drastic, but I think we could benefit from more PVE (non-WvW) achivements, so it could be something like 5/15. In addition, there could be more new achievements, such as discovering vistas (or visiting old ones), and getting points of interests, and visiting old ones.

Also, what happened to Combo Field achievement, I would like to see that back in the game, but only if you can use it with your own AoE skills.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

5/46 sounds great to me. I gave up jumping through hoops to do the dailies, which more often than not didn’t align to what I actually want to do with my limited time in game.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

well keep the feedback coming!

so far we have a few who welcomes 5/46 while the rest opposes it.

thanks for participating!

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

If they would change it to 5/46 it would be just too easy.
The dailies are not very difficult to accomplish. Sometimes you need a little bit more time, but it is not truly impossible to do them each day (if you don’t expect them to be finished after 5 minutes^^).

Maybe it would be another option (if it is really an issue for some players) to extend the selection to choose from either by adding more dailies to the existing 46 or by extending the 5 from 11 to 5 from 15 (or whatever).

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

The dailies are not very difficult to accomplish. Sometimes you need a little bit more time, but it is not truly impossible to do them each day (if you don’t expect them to be finished after 5 minutes^^).

Maybe it would be another option (if it is really an issue for some players) to extend the selection to choose from either by adding more dailies to the existing 46 or by extending the 5 from 11 to 5 from 15 (or whatever).

indeed. 5/46 would be too extreme.

actually, what we have now, is 1 + 8 random ones actually.
because 1 = gather resources, which is always fixed.

so for those who complain much, maybe make it 5 + 10
as in the 5 is always fixed while the 10 is random, so those who complain much can just keep on doing those 5.

19 Daily Crafter 0/10
22 Daily Feast 0/25
24 Daily Gatherer 0/20
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
43 Recycler 0/10

they could make it so that, these 5 is always available, plus another
7 random PvE
3 random WvW

then those who complain much can just focus on the 5.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I see what you tried there, but in my opinion it is still too easy. To gather 20 things, craft ten things, eat 25 things (maybe that already includes the 10 items to craft), recycle ten things and throw a few things in the forge.. humm.. that is done very easily.

I did not read the arguments why dailies feel forced or are too “difficult”(?), but should it be that easy?
The reward contains one laurel, monthly only give ten laurels and are most of the time more work than ten dailies (in my opinion). The reward should reflect the work/ time you do and if dailies are too easy they also will have to rework the monthlies?

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I see what you tried there, but in my opinion it is still too easy. To gather 20 things, craft ten things, eat 25 things (maybe that already includes the 10 items to craft), recycle ten things and throw a few things in the forge.. humm.. that is done very easily.

I did not read the arguments why dailies feel forced or are too “difficult”(?), but should it be that easy?
The reward contains one laurel, monthly only give ten laurels and are most of the time more work than ten dailies (in my opinion). The reward should reflect the work/ time you do and if dailies are too easy they also will have to rework the monthlies?

aye, i believe we all know the current dailies are already very easy and not at all very hard or time consuming to complete.

actually, my main purpose of this topic is to mock / ridicule the people who complain about dailies.

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

indeed. 5/46 would be too extreme.

actually, what we have now, is 1 + 8 random ones actually.
because 1 = gather resources, which is always fixed.

so for those who complain much, maybe make it 5 + 10
as in the 5 is always fixed while the 10 is random, so those who complain much can just keep on doing those 5.

19 Daily Crafter 0/10
22 Daily Feast 0/25
24 Daily Gatherer 0/20
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
43 Recycler 0/10

they could make it so that, these 5 is always available, plus another
7 random PvE
3 random WvW

then those who complain much can just focus on the 5.

i still would prefer them the way they are. i do pick the easiest ones but it gives me enough variety so they dont get old if they had 5(easy one like you sugest) id pick the same 5 everyday and i probably wouldnt be playing anymore since all i usually do is log in for event like the festival and dailies and monthlies. i quite before they changed the dailies for a couple of months cause the dailies got old. at least these are different but easy enough so im on half an hour a day

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

I don’t even bother with the daily any more but something like this might make me at least look at it.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The point of dailies is focusing people on certain things so you’ll have an easier time.

Like with the Zaishen quests in GW1.

If you are having a hard time finding people playing Keg Brawl, or finding people to do a dungeon story, you just wait until it’s a daily, and it’ll be more likely finding people doing it.

If you put all dailies in, it’ll be as if there was no dailies at all, they just may as well give you a laurel for logging in.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

why not make the daily successful on login?
Login, get a laurel.
That’s about the only way it could get more casual than it already is.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

some people thinks that dailies are forced:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/dailies-are-forced-atm/2222189
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Daily-Wars-2/2220762

from here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily
we have:
1 – 4 [Regional] Event Completer 0/4
5 – 8 [Regional] Killer 0/40
9 – 12 [Regional] Veteran Killer 0/3
13 Ambient Killer 0/30
14 Condition Applier 0/50
15 Condition Remover 0/20
16 Costume Brawl Champion 0/1
17 Daily Aquatic Slayer 0/25
18 Daily Champion Slayer 0/1
19 Daily Crafter 0/10
20 Daily Dodger 0/15
21 Daily Events 0/5
22 Daily Feast 0/25
23 Daily Fractal Runner 0/1
24 Daily Gatherer 0/20
25 Daily Healer 0/10
26 Daily Kill Variety 0/13
27 Daily Kills 0/50
28 Daily Mists Caravan Disruptor 0/5
29 Daily Mists Invasion Defender 0/10
30 Daily Puzzle Jumper 0/1
31 Daily Puzzle Discoverer 0/3
32 Daily Veteran Slayer 0/5
33 Dungeon Completer 0/1
34 Event Mentor 0/5
35 Group Event Completer 0/2
36 Karma Spender 0/750
37 Keg Brawl Scorer
38 Keg Brawl Stealer
39 Keg Brawl Fumble Forcer
40 Leveler 0/1
41 Mystic Forgesmith 0/5
42 Personal Story Completer 0/1
43 Recycler 0/10
44 Skill Interruptor 0/15
45 Skill Point Accumulator 0/3
46 Story Dungeon Completer 0/1

what if, every day, we have 46 dailies to complete, but we only need to complete 5 for the daily reward. the rest just offer an 5% increase towards the experience bar for the character completing it.

with this, dailies PvE will be truly casual.
everyone can get their dailies doing what they really wanted.

so what do you think?

do you want 5/46 dailies everyday? yes? no? why?

I would LOVE this. Absolute YES for me.

I stopped doing dailies cause I always end up with 4 I don’t mind, and 1 I hate. Combined with how difficult the zone specific ones can be to do while leveling an alt, I found that on a tight schedule I would have to choose between doing the next story mission on the alt, or doing my daily. Eventually, the story missions won out.

If I could pick from all of them, I would absolutely love it.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t want to have to do dailies at all. I just want to automatically get a laurel every day. That way I never have to log in or play. Heck, make it 10 laurels while we are at it.

The Burninator

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I like how it’s a little puzzle each day to figure out the most efficient path through the 5 dailies Sometimes it’s better to do it in wvw, sometimes a high level zone or low, or there’s some other goal that ties in well.

If you could do any many people would just do the exact same circuit each day (and there would be a most efficient path that would become saturated)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I do think they should expand the choices each day, but making all the choices available everyday would be to unwieldy.

It’s not about making dailies super easy, it’s about providing enough choices that players can do their dailies through ordinary play, rather than having to adjust you play plans to include a region or type of content you didn’t want to play that day.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I don’t want to have to do dailies at all. I just want to automatically get a laurel every day. That way I never have to log in or play. Heck, make it 10 laurels while we are at it.

Because this was so funny and not childish at all the first 500,000 times it was posted.

New to the internet, I take it? It’s ok, most of us chuckled at things like that our first few months online.