does GW2 have a future?

does GW2 have a future?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Hi,
I do not know the current state of the game.
I do know that issues that were back then were not ‘fixed’ (hobo sacks and others) so this can mean that AN does not want to fix them or it is unable to do so (not enough developers / etc).
I also know that there are no new dungeons… Now this is a big question mark.
Is this game going somewhere (better)?
I keep reading (I came back to take a look for myself, and I also read the forums a bit) that all AN cares is skins, money, and not game issues etc.
Is that just misinformation?

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

In terms of new things gw2 future will remain unknown. Its not their company policy to discuss future plans.

What you can expect is living world season 2 to end.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Does GW2 have a future?

Yes, yes it does.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Play it and see for yourself.
Or begone somewhere else

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

does GW2 have a future?

rogerwilko.6895

Play it and see for yourself.
Or begone somewhere else

thank you for your input.
and that advice.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The game is as good as its ever been.

Biggest issue is that we are in a down time between content releases – which is causing a lot of people to take a little break from the game right now. After 2 years of constant monthly (at least) updates, they seem to have slowed to approximately quarterly. Personally, I think this will change once they catch their stride with the new model they seem to be using, but only time will tell.

Despite that, the game is still very fun and worth logging in to. While there may be nothing new to do right now, the core game is still there.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Hi,

Isn’t this YOUR main issue here?

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

GW2 has a future but it needs to deliver more content. Simple as that.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Which it has started to do, and will continue doing from November 4 onwards.

Oh, and there’s a Halloween event coming up soon, as well.

does GW2 have a future?

rogerwilko.6895

Hi,

Isn’t this YOUR main issue here?

Fortunately the state of this game will never be one of my ‘issues’
I’m just looking for the best way (most fun) to spend my 2 hours of discretionary time.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer… not sure.

Guild Wars 2 is great. It’s worth playing, and very fun. HOWEVER, the update model that has been adopted is highly controversial. Much content is temporary, many fundamental changes to progression have been problematic, and the Living Story + Gem sales business model is receiving mixed reviews at best.

Basically, it was a very, very good base game, the population is still good, and the game is still fun. However, a lot of the decisions that have been made since launch have been, in the opinion of many, poor. Many players have left, or are highly frustrated, and no one really knows where the game is going. If the quality of the game is going to be enough to carry it long term, especially if we see more of the same controversial decisions, I don’t know.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

A rather cloudy future if they continue with this shallow casual content. If they continue at this pace, we will have 4 maps and 1 more dungeon in 4 years altogether. It’s a joke. There is no single quality-MMO with that little content.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

In terms of new things gw2 future will remain unknown. Its not their company policy to discuss future plans.

What you can expect is living world season 2 to end.

The current CDI’s look promissing, but will they deliver and when is another question. I know that I for one am keeping myself busy with destiny where alts are fun and useful to have, a nice and challenging raid.

Yet the forums for destiny have been much worse than the gw2 ones form my experience

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

/shrug

let’s ask the magic eight ball.

Attachments:

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Yep. It’s a good game, what we have currently is well built, and as a “buy once, play forever” model it’s pretty akin to a stand-alone game. It may not update as fast as some of us want, but what we have at the moment is more than enough to entice players and entertain them for a couple of years. by the time they get bored, others will take their place, while they quit.

It may not be the most entertaining, but having a semi-boring endgame and an interesting playthrough might be keeping their server costs manageable.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Being a game with good graphics does not meant its a good game.

gw2 future? yes redundancy is the protocol, bad players will always karma train.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

If Anet don’t start releasing new content soon, there’s going to many people abandoning this sinking ship. It’s shame, GW1 had such a long run and people still play it, whereas GW2 is already dying after 2 years.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

The future of GW2 was deemed to confusing to new players, so it was taken out.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Inane question. This may be a fantasy game, but there are no crystal balls that can see the future to answer such a question.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Syzygy.5031

Syzygy.5031

Of course it does.

Is it the future we want?
Is it the future you want?
Is it the future ANet shareholders want?

Who knows. Probably not even ANet.

does GW2 have a future?

Brave Mallyki.1563

If Anet don’t start releasing new content soon, there’s going to many people abandoning this sinking ship. It’s shame, GW1 had such a long run and people still play it, whereas GW2 is already dying after 2 years.

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars: Prophecies – April 26, 2005 (6 classes, Tyria, 4 Elite Missions)

Guild Wars: Factions – April 28, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Cantha, skills, 2 Elite Missions)

Guild Wars: Nightfall – October 26, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Elona, skills, heroes, 1 Elite Mission)

Guild Wars: Eye of the North – August 28, 2007 (introduced Norns and Asurans, added new areas to Tyria, skills, new heroes, 18 dungeons)

A lot for its first 2 year and 4 months.

Guild Wars 2

PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars: Factions – April 28, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Cantha, skills, 2 Elite Missions)

Guild Wars: Nightfall – October 26, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Elona, skills, heroes, 1 Elite Mission)

Guild Wars: Eye of the North – August 28, 2007 (introduced Norns and Asurans, added new areas to Tyria, skills, new heroes, 18 dungeons)

Guild Wars 2

where Anet did state that they’ll release new content just like they did in Gw1?

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I really hope your primary source of information on the state of the game isn’t from these forums. Anyone who has played an MMO knows that the forums are a cesspool of gross exaggeration and conjecture….

You should log in and play the game if you really want to know.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I really hope your primary source of information on the state of the game isn’t from these forums. Anyone who has played an MMO knows that the forums are a cesspool of gross exaggeration and conjecture….

Well, that being said, even the GW2 subreddit has become increasingly negative in the last couple of months and whenever I am in LA or DR (mostly DR though, the atmosphere is really nice at the minister’s waypoint.) there is a lot of talk in /1 of how the game is spiralling downwards and there’s so little to do besides grinding currency. But maybe that’s just a thing on the german servercluster. *shrug

does GW2 have a future?

Brave Mallyki.1563

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars 2

where Anet did state that they’ll release new content just like they did in Gw1?

Where did I say that they said they would? I didn’t.

That was in response to Shen Slayer’s post about GW1 being a long running game and one that people still played. There was a lot added to GW1 in the same amount of time that not much as has been added to GW2 other than aesthetics in the gem store. That was the only thing I was saying.

PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon

does GW2 have a future?

rogerwilko.6895

I did.
I saw the same thing that I was there 1 year ago.
Same buggy AI in CoF.
Same zero AI for minions.
Same karma trains.
No new dungeons.
Some fixed skills and traits.
Same mindless zergs in WvW.
Better AH interface.
etc.
Posting and reading Here is another way for me to get more info / opinions.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Gw2 probably has a future.

at its current speed that future is something a bit like this tho..

That future requires Mega Servers to make the maps and game feel more populated than it is and make playing with other players possible in PvE.

That Future requires you to wait 2 weeks to 2 months for new bit size pieces of content, content that when missed requires that you go spend money or grind for gold to buy gems to go play.

That future might contain a New dungeon, it might not, it may only contain a new path for a dungeon or a 1/4th of a new path.

That future Might contain a New map every now and then that is roughly 1/4th the size of the other maps you received at launch.

That future may have 1 new trait per trait line added in every year and a half.

You may get one new utility skill every year and a half.

That future will most certainly contain a lot more “bait and switch” tactics of Temporary “Permanent” content such as Super Adventure Box, Queens pavilion, etc..

I can only base these assumptions on the Current track record Anet has with Gw2 and how they appear to be running things behind the curtains.

Their level of clarity and glass wall/door communications has become one way mirrors and Mud so we have no clue what they’re planning or doing anymore..

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Well, that being said, even the GW2 subreddit has become increasingly negative in the last couple of months and whenever I am in LA or DR (mostly DR though, the atmosphere is really nice at the minister’s waypoint.) there is a lot of talk in /1 of how the game is spiralling downwards and there’s so little to do besides grinding currency. But maybe that’s just a thing on the german servercluster. *shrug

In my experience those are the people who literally have done all possible content and are simply bored. This is a possibility. In any game quite honestly. I have a friend with 6000hrs played. 6000! And he complains he has nothing to do. We both started at early release and I’m at ~1500hrs. I can’t think of any game you can play 3000hrs/yr that you won’t get bored and complain about lack of things to do but grind. But those of us that play to a lesser extent, there’s still plenty of things to accomplish.

These are the same people that actually like gear treadmills because it gave them something fresh to do (even though technically it will involve grinding the same content over and over, the other games just release a new grind to work towards somewhat regularly to keep those people from complaining about lack of content). Many of us came from those games and have seen the light of no gear treadmill: GW2.

The only problem: the no gear-treadmill strategy is not conducive to the hard-core pro-gear treadmill player. They will hit a wall and have no clue what to do with their time and thus spend it in DR/LA complaining there’s nothing to do, which for them is entirely possible.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

Gw2 probably has a future.

at its current speed that future is something a bit like this tho..

That future requires Mega Servers to make the maps and game feel more populated than it is and make playing with other players possible in PvE.

That Future requires you to wait 2 weeks to 2 months for new bit size pieces of content, content that when missed requires that you go spend money or grind for gold to buy gems to go play.

That future might contain a New dungeon, it might not, it may only contain a new path for a dungeon or a 1/4th of a new path.

That future Might contain a New map every now and then that is roughly 1/4th the size of the other maps you received at launch.

That future may have 1 new trait per trait line added in every year and a half.

You may get one new utility skill every year and a half.

That future will most certainly contain a lot more “bait and switch” tactics of Temporary “Permanent” content such as Super Adventure Box, Queens pavilion, etc..

I can only base these assumptions on the Current track record Anet has with Gw2 and how they appear to be running things behind the curtains.

Their level of clarity and glass wall/door communications has become one way mirrors and Mud so we have no clue what they’re planning or doing anymore..

They could learn a thing or two from bungie when it comes to communication. Much less of a presence on the forums than the GW2 team, less pointless interviews, but we know they listen to us because we see the results.
Community had a legitimate complaint, they put the resources on it and had it changed really fast and told the players the exact impacts the changes would entail (ahead of time, wow! what a concept!)

New events that introduce new skins, weapons for which you work your kitten off to obtain through a scavenger hunt and not RNG. Is there RNG in destiny? Sure, but we do get a sense of progression.

Raid in destiny is what dungeons in gw2 should’ve been, if there is a lack of coordination and one of the 6 dies, it generally ends with a full wipe.

tl;dr anet could take some notes from another game that markets themselves in a similar fashion.

on that note, its interesting where the CDIs are going this time around, but will they deliver?

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

It does indeed have a future. It’s just that right now it’s rather dry while they prepare new content. As a 2 year old player now, there isn’t much to do while the content is being developed. Just my opinion, it doesn’t actually reflect the state of the game in any way. Just my state of the game.

does GW2 have a future?

rogerwilko.6895

Just my opinion, it doesn’t actually reflect the state of the game in any way. Just my state of the game.

it’s perfectly fine. that’s what I want to find in this thread: different points of view from different people.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Disagree.. it does not need “MORE” content, it needs better quality content that offers “MORE”.

They push out content every 2 weeks with breaks for holidays, specific seasonal injection etc but generally they are releasing content, features, patches a lot of the time. However that in my opinion is the real issue. Pushing out content on such a quick turnaround has seen the quality falter, depth of content very shallow and has for the most been pushed through at the expense of other facets of the game that need some much needed attention.
Add to this there are many bugs and issues within the game that have either been pushed aside in favour of delivering on the 1 week / 2 week content releases or perhaps deemed less important.
For me GW2 is generally a half decent game but it lacks so much depth in its content and therefore fails on its replay value. LS is a nice concept but it has often felt like a disjointed after thought to keep us logging in to use the gem store every few weeks.

It’s still a babe in MMO space so at the moment it gets the benefit of the doubt from me, but somewhere in the course of the next 12 months I feel it needs to push something much bigger through that delivers quality and interest across the whole game not just LS.

In a F2P/B2P game model there is always going to be a need to push through things that might sell, like skins, mini, etc.. it has too, that’s the nature of the beast in order to keep the game oiled and I have no issue with that at all because at the end of the day its down to me if I want to put some real cash in to it and thus far I have on occasion purchased some fluff items that’s part of the fun as well.
I think it a little idiotic when I see posts accusing ANET or A N OTHER MMO developer of putting all their efforts into cashop stuff.. from time to time they have too to keep income balanced and give the other development areas a little time to breath whilst prepping future content.

Trouble is every MMO has players that want more before the more they previously asked for has bedded in for everyone else… if they release fast turnaround content every week we whine about its poor quality, buggyness etc.. then when they take a break we accuse them of not doing enough.. can’t win eitherway tbh.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Does GW2 have a future:

Yes, it will continue to exist as it has since launch.

Just don’t expect any new content, or skills, or classes, or continents, or fixes, or PvE balance, or PvP game modes, or dungeons, or features.

If you don’t need any of that stuff then you will probably be happy with the game.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

ever see that movie, where the person had several personalities.. and under a coordinated facade of normalcy it was hard to predict if things would turn out ok in the end. . . yeah

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

The problem with GW2 is that its a game with tons of potential but its slowly heading downhill due to the way content is delivered.

Everyone and their mother has pointed out that LIving story is not enough to keep players occupied due to 0 replay ability. Yet Anet either doesn’t listen, or understand this simple point.

The game will thrive anew when Anet introduces raids/endgame content or something more akin to an expansion with lots of things to keep people busy for longer than 2h every 2 weeks

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars 2

I do not understand what your trying to say you can compare any game to any other game and make one of the games look worst but it becomes a bad compensation because they are very different types of games. Its like taking the depth of an rpg games and saying it better because it has more depth then a FPS game when they realty do not match up at all. In your compassion your talking about a co op online rpg that was mostly aimed at small man pvp game comparing it to a full open world mmorpg that pvp is more aimed at big fights it just dose not match up.

GW1 is more like to compare to games like mobas such as LoL. In a 6 month time how many new classes and or heroes did LoL have over GW1 classes? How many classes / heroes do these 2 games have in there current life spans dead or not?

You can spam any type of compensation you want but it dose not make it valid. If your beef is with content amounts alone think in terms of what other games like gw2 have added in a set time.

The problem with GW2 is that its a game with tons of potential but its slowly heading downhill due to the way content is delivered.

Everyone and their mother has pointed out that LIving story is not enough to keep players occupied due to 0 replay ability. Yet Anet either doesn’t listen, or understand this simple point.

The game will thrive anew when Anet introduces raids/endgame content or something more akin to an expansion with lots of things to keep people busy for longer than 2h every 2 weeks

Well what we see now this down time IS what you get from a 6 month time between updates. Expansions do not add any more content then a LS its just the time between the adding is the different. So what you see from say 6 months of GW2 LS is what you should think about getting from an 6 month expansions of GW2.

Ppl are out right fooling them self into thinking that expansions means more content over all because its all at once they comply forget about the time lag between these expansions.

To have expansions in GW2 you will simply have the same amount of content with in a set time as it takes for the LS to put out in that time but with a higher amount of no content.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Basically, it was a very, very good base game, the population is still good, and the game is still fun. However, a lot of the decisions that have been made since launch have been, in the opinion of many, poor. Many players have left, or are highly frustrated, and no one really knows where the game is going. If the quality of the game is going to be enough to carry it long term, especially if we see more of the same controversial decisions, I don’t know.

Pretty much what I’ve been thinking, although I think that the Living World season 2 is the best thing that has happened since launch and it’s getting in a great shape.

I still wish they followed Guild Wars 1’s model of making many huge expansions while putting less weight behind the gem store. I feel that a lot of the cool things on the gem store would be deserved in-game if it were so, especially the pets and the armor sets.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Hi,
I do know that issues that were back then were not ‘fixed’ (hobo sacks and others) so this can mean that AN does not want to fix them or it is unable to do so (not enough developers / etc).
I also know that there are no new dungeons… Now this is a big question mark.
Is this game going somewhere (better)?
I keep reading (I came back to take a look for myself, and I also read the forums a bit) that all AN cares is skins, money, and not game issues etc.

There are new dungeon paths. and heaps of QoL improvements. I say just wait a bit longer for what you want to come out of development.

NSPride <3

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

What the game needs is character progression. A huge part of a MMORPGS is seeing your character become more powerful over time, and I don’t just mean in the sense of getting bigger numbers, we got enough of that with ascended hear and then infusions.

No matter how much content you have, it gets boring going about it the same way over and over. Our characters stopped growing in terms of gameplay at 80. We need new traits and new skills to change things up.

As for if the game has a future, look to the NCSoft financial reports.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

What the game needs is character progression. A huge part of a MMORPGS is seeing your character become more powerful over time, and I don’t just mean in the sense of getting bigger numbers, we got enough of that with ascended hear and then infusions.

No matter how much content you have, it gets boring going about it the same way over and over. Our characters stopped growing in terms of gameplay at 80. We need new traits and new skills to change things up.

As for if the game has a future, look to the NCSoft financial reports.

The report has more to do with WS a game with “character progression” see how that worked out…

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

We still have Dragons to fight. Area to explore. Lost groups to find. Mantle, Mursatt, and Elonians. Jocko Palo is still out there. The Crystal Desert to explore. There is alot of things yet to see.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Hey there. I played GW2 since the open beta, and to be honest, I think the answer to your question is no. GW2 started great, but 2 years further we’re pretty much still on the same spot.

Basically: No content additions, few improvements (feature packs my kitten, focus on casual audience, lack of communication with the players, making empty claims, parting entirely from the original philosophy, neglecting PvP and WvW and I can go on for hours more about what WENT WRONG.

The list of things done well would mainly be combat, visuals, UI. Game mechanics however are very poor (again because of reasons stated above).

Will it help to implement all the things we wanted implemented over the course of the last 2 years (and counting)? No it will not: too little, too late. All is vain.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

This game got a future. A dark one, in a grave, forgotten and hated on the internet.
Even if they manage to pleasantly surprise us with the next big update I doubt it will recover so fast from the last Feature Patches. Because they have to make up for what they missed to do in 2 years: New classes, new Races, more diversity in armor skin style, more pvp modes, new areals which takes more than just 1h to completely discover, fix of reward system for world bosses and so on. I could go on for hours to list up whats missing in this game. And with every day passing they fall further behind the other MMORPGs.
Also they will be new ones soon like Black Desert so GW2 will have a hard time in the next months. If they manage to pull of something well done and big they will able to buy some time to think over their strategy until now. If not there will be a mass exodus and thus the end of GW2 (at least for the European and NA version).
Thats why Im still waiting for bodybags, gravestones, and crematories to be sold on the gemshop. I want to bury my characters properly when this game died.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: DragonWhimsy.6489

DragonWhimsy.6489

GW2 is one of the few success stories in the post-WoW MMO genre. Yes, it certainly has a bright future. Whether that bright future includes things you specifically care about I can’t say.

Just so that you are well informed, unlike what was stated earlier, all new content is permanent starting last June.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Certainly Anet has never, and will never come out and say this. It may or may not be true, but, at the very least, Anet is behaving in a way that makes people believe this.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Glory.1493

Glory.1493

This game got a future. A dark one, in a grave, forgotten and hated on the internet.
Even if they manage to pleasantly surprise us with the next big update I doubt it will recover so fast from the last Feature Patches. Because they have to make up for what they missed to do in 2 years: New classes, new Races, more diversity in armor skin style, more pvp modes, new areals which takes more than just 1h to completely discover, fix of reward system for world bosses and so on. I could go on for hours to list up whats missing in this game. And with every day passing they fall further behind the other MMORPGs.
Also they will be new ones soon like Black Desert so GW2 will have a hard time in the next months. If they manage to pull of something well done and big they will able to buy some time to think over their strategy until now. If not there will be a mass exodus and thus the end of GW2 (at least for the European and NA version).
Thats why Im still waiting for bodybags, gravestones, and crematories to be sold on the gemshop. I want to bury my characters properly when this game died.

i agree most of what u said but the “fall further behind the other MMORPGs.” could u plz name 1 better mmo in last 2 years when gw2 made nothing big? i doubt there is none.indeed gw2 lack of expansion but other company did worse….what mmo beside wow has more population than gw2 atm(archeage not called cuz it will fail very soon)?if u know it plz let us know i will no doubt give it a shot.i have played every major mmo out there and none of them can sustain there player base like gw2 does.i m also kittened by anet lack of expansion but i dont know what else better to play.maybe thats the question

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Of course the game has a future.

Even if it winds up like EverQuest with more emulated servers than legitimate ones, it has a future.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Most things that were there to do seven months ago are still there. As for new stuff, there’s the Dry Top zone. LS2 will continue in a month. One big change from 7 months ago, megaservers mean there are herds running around in many zones that (on some servers) were mostly unused. If you dislike herd play and dungeons are old hat to you, you may struggle to find things to do. It’s hard to offer anything further without knowing your preferences.

Asking if the game has a future on its own forum was not a good idea. Even most of the people who’ll tell you, “The game is dooooomed!” really want it to succeed as long as the “threat” influences the developers to give them what they want.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer… not sure.

Guild Wars 2 is great. It’s worth playing, and very fun. HOWEVER, the update model that has been adopted is highly controversial. Much content is temporary, many fundamental changes to progression have been problematic, and the Living Story + Gem sales business model is receiving mixed reviews at best.

There’s some misinformation in this post. Much of the content WAS (not is) temporary, since the stuff that’s come out for season two is all permanent. We haven’t had temporary content added to the game since, what, March? People are living in the past and stating it as the future. The company tried an experience that didn’t work. They switched directions since.

But the rest of this is mostly true.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP, there are currently three software sites I know that track MMO popularity and google trends tells you how many people have searched for a specific name.

In every single place where game popularity is mentioned, the #1 MMORPG is almost always WoW. And the number 2 or 3 MMORPG is almost always Guild Wars 2.

It’s likely Guild Wars 2 is the second most popular MMO on the market right now.

How can it not have a future?