does GW2 have a future?

does GW2 have a future?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

If you think about it, Guild Wars 2 has survived some pretty major releases. From what I remember we have:

1. WoW: Mists of Pandaria – Came out somewhat shortly after release and marked the start of the doomsayers

2. Elder Scrolls Online – Lotta people said they’d flee to Tamriel since this boat was sinking. Apparently they crossed the paths of a lotta black cats since ESO burned faster than pre-buff Caledon Wurm.

3. Wildstar – Appealed more to the hardcore MMO player and a major company rival. Should’ve had more appeal since it didn’t cater to “casuals”. However, with the recent string of bad news from this game, this is another notch on GW2’s, belt.

4. D3: Reaper of Souls – The most important one that I recall. Almost singlehandedly revived D3 back up to snuff. I repeat, a single expansion saved this dying MMO.

5. Destiny – Most recent one, although the weakest overall since it’s on the console and not on PC, like GW2. Still a pretty major MMO release, but it just seems to have bad news after bad news.

In short, GW2 has survived long past things that should’ve killed it. Does it have a future? Most likely yes. Will it be a good future? Hopefully. We can only wait to see if the current round of CDIs will have some decent fruit later on.

Actually your right. gw2 did survive. but it good hurt pretty bad with each one of those.

and to backpedal Anet had to try and real in new players for the lose they made.

to adjust the answer you gave. does Gw2 have a future MAYBE

will people leave the game for other games. YES
will it affect Gw2. YES

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

GW2 still has the best base mechanics of pretty much any MMO out there. Right now, it’s a bit lacking on current content for veteran players, but that will likely be changing (devs are looking into Guild Halls/GvG and they recently put up a posting to hire someone to develop “raid” content).

It’s easy to get ‘grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side’ perspective, but really GW2 is a really polished MMO that’s in a good, stable state compared to other MMOs that are either losing big chunks of the community right after launch, are overwhelmed by gold spammers/hackers, or just don’t have the quality of gameplay overall that this game has.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

If the game was doing as well as many like to think, what was the point of megaserver and the NPE?

Megaservers: Even back when the game first came out (I’m from early release), there were zones that were dead. It didn’t matter what server you were on, you could wander around, let’s say Field of Ruin, or Timberline and not see a soul, or see merely one or two others. And that was when populations were at their highest. The majority of players hung out in the same starter zones / cities leaving some of the other zones completely abandoned.

With the megaserver, as I understand it, if one person is in a less popular zones on, let’s say, Fort Aspenwood server, and there’s only one person in that same zone on, let’s say, Henge of Denravi server— before they would be the only people in those zones, but now instead of both of those people being alone in that unpopular zone, both players are put into the same instance, so now there are two people in that unpopular zone. You can extend that further for each other server. So instead of 10 people being alone in that random zone on their server, now there are 10 people in the same zone.

The megaservers were less about populations dying and more about areas being ghost-towns and how best to combat the fact that people tended to hang out in the same few areas. Thus the megaserver system was born. I mean, even before megaservers existed you could go to LA and pretty much were guaranteed to go to Overflow because of how many players there were.

Even with megaserver, even the highly-populated zones have ‘ghost towns’. Frostgorge Sound, for example. Lots of people there, but if you’re not running with the pack you might as well be in the zone alone.

That’s slightly different from a ghost town, though. What I meant by ghost town was nobody in a zone, not lots of people in a zone but they are doing a champ train so no one is around.

That’s like saying EoTM is a ghost town if you are trying to cap Forge and the rest of your side is out at Airport or something.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

why do we argue about gw2?

because we love the idea of the game.

will it have a future on its current path?

yes but a very short one.

will it change?

not likely

how likely are new players to play gw2 over other MMOs?

not likely

what type of audience should Gw2 go for?

people with no MMO experience (to better hide its Flaws and problems.)

will experienced MMO gamers enjoy this game?

not for long

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

why do we argue about gw2?

because we love the idea of the game.

will it have a future on its current path?

yes but a very short one.

will it change?

not likely

how likely are new players to play gw2 over other MMOs?

not likely

what type of audience should Gw2 go for?

people with no MMO experience (to better hide its Flaws and problems.)

will experienced MMO gamers enjoy this game?

not for long

Your post is amazingly biased.

On what do you base the answers to these questions, besides personal opinion.

There are a whole lot of people out there, experienced MMO players who are tired of the old MMO or never liked it. We’re not like 3 guys sitting on our parent’s basement. There’s a lot of people very disenfranchised by old school MMOs. We don’t like them any more, or like me, we never really liked them.

You did, so you think this game has no future. But it has a future, because there are enough guys like me out there that wouldn’t play WoW if it were completely free.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

If the game was doing as well as many like to think, what was the point of megaserver and the NPE?

Megaservers: Even back when the game first came out (I’m from early release), there were zones that were dead. It didn’t matter what server you were on, you could wander around, let’s say Field of Ruin, or Timberline and not see a soul, or see merely one or two others. And that was when populations were at their highest. The majority of players hung out in the same starter zones / cities leaving some of the other zones completely abandoned.

With the megaserver, as I understand it, if one person is in a less popular zones on, let’s say, Fort Aspenwood server, and there’s only one person in that same zone on, let’s say, Henge of Denravi server— before they would be the only people in those zones, but now instead of both of those people being alone in that unpopular zone, both players are put into the same instance, so now there are two people in that unpopular zone. You can extend that further for each other server. So instead of 10 people being alone in that random zone on their server, now there are 10 people in the same zone.

The megaservers were less about populations dying and more about areas being ghost-towns and how best to combat the fact that people tended to hang out in the same few areas. Thus the megaserver system was born. I mean, even before megaservers existed you could go to LA and pretty much were guaranteed to go to Overflow because of how many players there were.

Even with megaserver, even the highly-populated zones have ‘ghost towns’. Frostgorge Sound, for example. Lots of people there, but if you’re not running with the pack you might as well be in the zone alone.

That’s slightly different from a ghost town, though. What I meant by ghost town was nobody in a zone, not lots of people in a zone but they are doing a champ train so no one is around.

That’s like saying EoTM is a ghost town if you are trying to cap Forge and the rest of your side is out at Airport or something.

I thought it was more like saying megaserver didn’t revitalize and/or repopulate the ghost town zones (or the ghost town areas within the otherwise bustling and often overpopulated living zones) or deal with that which rendered the ghost town zones ghostly.

Before megaserver, certain zones were relatively peaceful and quiet. After megaserver, certain zones are still relatively peaceful and quiet.

Before megaserver, lots of people flocked to the Boss Events. After megaserver, lots of people flock to the Boss Events. (Side effect: now the Boss Events tend to be ‘laggier’ than ever.)

Before megaserver, lots of people rode the trains. Toot, toot! After megaserver, lots of people ride the trains.

So, what did megaserver actually do to bring life back to the ghost towns?

It could be that I don’t see any particular benefits (or much difference, really, other than increased ‘lag’ at boss events, which all too often leads to megasuffering disconnects) from megaserver because my server already had a healthy population — but if that’s the case, then the people who do see benefits from megaserver must surely have been on low population servers, in which case megaserver addressed this, in effect, by merging the population of their servers with the populations of other servers.

Meanwhile, the ghost towns are still haunted by the Ghost of Fatter Loots Elsewhere.

The table is a fable.

does GW2 have a future?

Vayne.8563

My experience with the megaserver is different. Because I’m not really looking for crowds. But after the megaserver, even at odd hours I’d run into people everywhere, in passing. It was cool.

does GW2 have a future?

Draknar.5748

It could be that I don’t see any particular benefits (or much difference, really, other than increased ‘lag’ at boss events, which all too often leads to megasuffering disconnects) from megaserver because my server already had a healthy population — but if that’s the case, then the people who do see benefits from megaserver must surely have been on low population servers, in which case megaserver addressed this, in effect, by merging the population of their servers with the populations of other servers.

Meanwhile, the ghost towns are still haunted by the Ghost of Fatter Loots Elsewhere.

That’s probably it, then. If your server had a healthy population, then you likely won’t see a difference. But for those that were on servers where you saw nobody in, let’s say, Diessa Plateau, now they should easily come across 10-20 different people as they travel. I know on FA you can rarely do an event solo, at some point 1, 2, or even 3 people will join you for whatever random event you’re doing in some obscure area of whatever map you’re on. Peak play hours will come into effect too, I’m sure. So likely 3am you won’t really see a lot of people, but 8-9pm you should.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

GW2 still has the best base mechanics of pretty much any MMO out there. Right now, it’s a bit lacking on current content for veteran players, but that will likely be changing (devs are looking into Guild Halls/GvG and they recently put up a posting to hire someone to develop “raid” content).

It’s easy to get ‘grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side’ perspective, but really GW2 is a really polished MMO that’s in a good, stable state compared to other MMOs that are either losing big chunks of the community right after launch, are overwhelmed by gold spammers/hackers, or just don’t have the quality of gameplay overall that this game has.

I wouldn’t say GW2 has the best base mechanics. I mean, the combat is cool, and you got some cool class mechanics like the ele’s attunements, but the actual functional effects of skills or the combined interaction behind them is very weak.

At least in PvE, there is very little thought process going on behind what you do when you fight, and very little relevance of anything which isn’t some sort of a DPS increase or a group DPS increase. You mainly just spam everything that’s a DPS increase when it goes off cooldown.

Personally for me at least, the best part of MMO combat is using your skills to their fullest potential and seeing all the synergies play out, interrupting your target at the right time, stuff like that. GW2 really lacks on that front at the moment.

does GW2 have a future?

Draknar.5748

I wouldn’t say GW2 has the best base mechanics. I mean, the combat is cool, and you got some cool class mechanics like the ele’s attunements, but the actual functional effects of skills or the combined interaction behind them is very weak.

At least in PvE, there is very little thought process going on behind what you do when you fight, and very little relevance of anything which isn’t some sort of a DPS increase or a group DPS increase. You mainly just spam everything that’s a DPS increase when it goes off cooldown.

Personally for me at least, the best part of MMO combat is using your skills to their fullest potential and seeing all the synergies play out, interrupting your target at the right time, stuff like that. GW2 really lacks on that front at the moment.

You don’t try and time blinds, stability, combos, interrupts, reflects, knockbacks, condition/boon removal/conversion properly? If you don’t, then you can’t possibly speak on the combat in GW2. There is far more than what is on the surface if you actually look into it.

There’s a reason why, in PvP, you can go up against two players, both same class, same skills, same traits/stats, and have one completely own you and the other one die effortlessly. Some people actually try to use the combat mechanics. The ones that just spam their DPS skills are the ones that lose to any slightly above average player.

I think what you are trying to say is that, although GW2 combat mechanics can be complex, there is little PvE content that requires that level of combat mechanics, so most players can get away with spamming their highest DPS skills. In actuality, the ability to get through most of the PvE content without having to think too hard is what makes GW2 so casual friendly. Some people just like mindless button mashing.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

If Anet don’t start releasing new content soon, there’s going to many people abandoning this sinking ship. It’s shame, GW1 had such a long run and people still play it, whereas GW2 is already dying after 2 years.

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars: Prophecies – April 26, 2005 (6 classes, Tyria, 4 Elite Missions)

Guild Wars: Factions – April 28, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Cantha, skills, 2 Elite Missions)

Guild Wars: Nightfall – October 26, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Elona, skills, heroes, 1 Elite Mission)

Guild Wars: Eye of the North – August 28, 2007 (introduced Norns and Asurans, added new areas to Tyria, skills, new heroes, 18 dungeons)

A lot for its first 2 year and 4 months.

Guild Wars 2

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here.

You’ve chosen a game that, by your reckoning, hasn’t been updated in 7 years yet is still being played. That means if Anet did nothing more with GW2 then it has at least another 5 years of life in it.

Unless you think that GW1 is dead. Then nothing can save GW2, if GW1 had all those updates in the first two years and died anyways.

Personally, I think there’s a lot of life left in GW2. But then I also think that on Nov. 4, we’ll find out that the new pact forward camp is located in a new zone.

The Point he/she makes is..GW1 with all that content, lore and story was by far the superior game, GW2 just looks better! That is what gives it its longevity!

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: BlackGhostz.2483

BlackGhostz.2483

If Anet don’t start releasing new content soon, there’s going to many people abandoning this sinking ship. It’s shame, GW1 had such a long run and people still play it, whereas GW2 is already dying after 2 years.

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars: Factions – April 28, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Cantha, skills, 2 Elite Missions)

Guild Wars: Nightfall – October 26, 2006 (added 2 new classes, Elona, skills, heroes, 1 Elite Mission)

Guild Wars: Eye of the North – August 28, 2007 (introduced Norns and Asurans, added new areas to Tyria, skills, new heroes, 18 dungeons)

Guild Wars 2

We had snow ball fights, lesbians, and super cool armor skins.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: BlackGhostz.2483

BlackGhostz.2483

We still have Dragons to fight. Area to explore. Lost groups to find. Mantle, Mursatt, and Elonians. Jocko Palo is still out there. The Crystal Desert to explore. There is alot of things yet to see.

As much as we would all like to see this no way it could possibly happen. The game is already entered the part of it’s life cycle where the price drops and the people who are emotionally attached to it are starting to quit. It’s not at the end of it’s life just yet but the peak has already been reached.

With the speed they release content we wont be finished with this dragon until next summer. Do you really think people even the people who like this game will play it for 8 years?

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

Yes it does. GW2 is a great niche game, and has a sort of cult following. I don’t say that in any demeaning way, actually that’s a benefit of the game in my opinion. I am glad this game is more low-key, that I don’t see celebs advertising it during Monday Night football and that South Park episodes aren’t based off GW2. Beyond all that, for me, it’s hard not to get sucked into the beautiful world and compelling lore – and I know I am not alone by a long shot

GW2 may not have a future as the “number 1” MMO or anything like that, but this game will be around for years to come.

does GW2 have a future?

Vayne.8563

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars 2

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make here.

You’ve chosen a game that, by your reckoning, hasn’t been updated in 7 years yet is still being played. That means if Anet did nothing more with GW2 then it has at least another 5 years of life in it.

Unless you think that GW1 is dead. Then nothing can save GW2, if GW1 had all those updates in the first two years and died anyways.

Personally, I think there’s a lot of life left in GW2. But then I also think that on Nov. 4, we’ll find out that the new pact forward camp is located in a new zone.

The Point he/she makes is..GW1 with all that content, lore and story was by far the superior game, GW2 just looks better! That is what gives it its longevity!

What a weird conclusion to make. Guild Wars 2 is newer than Guild Wars 1. It doesn’t have the time to be 8 years old yet. It’s only 2 years old.

Since you have no way of knowing how many people will be playing Guild War 2 in 8 years, you have no way of knowing which game will be more popular in 8 years.

In fact, you don’t even know if more people were playing Guild Wars 1 after two years than Guild Wars 2. It’s all guesswork on your part.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

I’d say, GW2 is doomed. The whole genre is doomed. Look at WoW it’s the biggest MMO out there and it’s losing player! It will die and so will GW2 and every other MMO. It’s already too late. None of those games can earn the money to keep a company going. It’s too late, I’m sure most devs are starving. Also did you look outside? These purple clouds don’t look healthy.
I for once will be ready to accept fate when it comes to this point.

Maybe you wanna go away with your cheap trolling, before you get a report?
As for the other ppl complaining. You really didnt got tired of this, dont you? You just cant wait for a new topic like this to complain about everything? Even there are at least 20 topics about this?
For ppl who dont believe this game have a future, why you are still here? Why dont you go somewhere else instead of “poisoning” with that continue negativism? You realise some possible newbies pays for the game and they can be influenced very easy by what do you say? Meh, they payed few dollars for the game, but they wont try the game cuz YOU say the game has no future and other negative things, so who cares. You WONT solve nothing if you complain.
This game survived against some “big” games (that in the end, some of those games proved to be a big fail) and it’s still standing very good and i bet will survive to the future games too, like black desert, start citizen, etc. You dont like cuz it’s too casual and you dont get “enough” content? Fine, try other games.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’d say, GW2 is doomed. The whole genre is doomed. Look at WoW it’s the biggest MMO out there and it’s losing player! It will die and so will GW2 and every other MMO. It’s already too late. None of those games can earn the money to keep a company going. It’s too late, I’m sure most devs are starving. Also did you look outside? These purple clouds don’t look healthy.
I for once will be ready to accept fate when it comes to this point.

Maybe you want to develop an understanding of satire.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

As for the other ppl complaining. You really didnt got tired of this, dont you? You just cant wait for a new topic like this to complain about everything? Even there are at least 20 topics about this?
For ppl who dont believe this game have a future, why you are still here? Why dont you go somewhere else instead of “poisoning” with that continue negativism? You realise some possible newbies pays for the game and they can be influenced very easy by what do you say? Meh, they payed few dollars for the game, but they wont try the game cuz YOU say the game has no future and other negative things, so who cares. You WONT solve nothing if you complain.
This game survived against some “big” games (that in the end, some of those games proved to be a big fail) and it’s still standing very good and i bet will survive to the future games too, like black desert, start citizen, etc. You dont like cuz it’s too casual and you dont get “enough” content? Fine, try other games.

Generally, the people complaining do so because they care about the game. They aren’t here just to say bad things about it, they are here because they want someone with power to change them to eventually hear it.

GW2 started great, and is still awesome, but many of the decisions made have been problematic. We’ve watched friends and guildies leave. We’ve seen people become more and more frustrated and dissatisfied. We’ve seen more and more decisions be made that hurt the playing experience and come with no explanation.

Newbies are important, yes, but having a more dedicated core of players who will actually still be here in six years is also important. Having new people coming in for a few months at a time when there’s a sale isn’t a long term plan if the base players are leaving in high numbers.

If someone is running around Queensdale shouting that the game is horrible in map chat, then sure, that’s highly unhelpful. But coming to a forum which the devs say they read and identifying problems isn’t.

does GW2 have a future?

Vayne.8563

Generally, the people complaining do so because they care about the game. They aren’t here just to say bad things about it, they are here because they want someone with power to change them to eventually hear it.

GW2 started great, and is still awesome, but many of the decisions made have been problematic. We’ve watched friends and guildies leave. We’ve seen people become more and more frustrated and dissatisfied. We’ve seen more and more decisions be made that hurt the playing experience and come with no explanation.

Newbies are important, yes, but having a more dedicated core of players who will actually still be here in six years is also important. Having new people coming in for a few months at a time when there’s a sale isn’t a long term plan if the base players are leaving in high numbers.

If someone is running around Queensdale shouting that the game is horrible in map chat, then sure, that’s highly unhelpful. But coming to a forum which the devs say they read and identifying problems isn’t.

Saying the genre is doomed is somehow helpful? Okay then.

The guy may not have been trolling, but his post was in no way constructive. He said the entire genre is dying.

At any rate, I’m pretty sure he’s being ironic and trying to say the opposite.

does GW2 have a future?

CrashTestAuto.9108

The guy may not have been trolling, but his post was in no way constructive. He said the entire genre is dying.

Only one sentence in the post I was responding to was referring to addressed the “doomed” poster. The other three paragraphs were all addressed at complaints in general.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars 2

Lessbians? MMO need lesbians for longevity now? Hey Anet, did you see this, you need to add some lesbians to GW2. Do that, and everything will be just fine!

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Guild Wars 1

Guild Wars 2

Lessbians? MMO need lesbians for longevity now? Hey Anet, did you see this, you need to add some lesbians to GW2. Do that, and everything will be just fine!

… There are lesbians, Marjory and Kasmeer, that was his point.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

does GW2 have a future?

Vayne.8563

Only one sentence in the post I was responding to was referring to addressed the “doomed” poster. The other three paragraphs were all addressed at complaints in general.

I read the entire post (which seems to have been deleted). I didn’t see a single constructive line in the post.

Why argue just to argue? The guy wasn’t complaining anyway, it was sarcasm, but even if he were complaining, there wasn’t anything constructive in that post. Stop defending the indefensible.

does GW2 have a future?

CrashTestAuto.9108

I read the entire post (which seems to have been deleted). I didn’t see a single constructive line in the post.

Why argue just to argue? The guy wasn’t complaining anyway, it was sarcasm, but even if he were complaining, there wasn’t anything constructive in that post. Stop defending the indefensible.

What? I wasn’t defending anything. I responded to a post asking why people were complaining and you decided to quote me and talk about something I wasn’t addressing (that comprised one sentence out of three paragraphs I was responding to).

Could you just stop responding to things I post? Apparently there’s some communication barrier between us and it doesn’t seem to be doing the forum any good when we interact.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

My experience with the megaserver is different. Because I’m not really looking for crowds. But after the megaserver, even at odd hours I’d run into people everywhere, in passing. It was cool.

Ya who doesn’t like doing Karka Queen at a staggering 12fps and wearing your sunglasses because of particle effects…

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

(…) Context is often everything, but so is jamming words into people’s mouths(…) .

Yeah. He’s doing it constantly, as long as I remember.
And do note – he never acknowledge he’s wrong, even if You catch him on contradictions, nor he acknowledge You’re right, when You are. Sometimes he’s right, I’m not saying he’s not – but if You agree with him on 1 point out of 10, he takes it like complete win on all accounts. So much for constructive criticism.
And try to forget to write “it’s my opinion” (which is obvious) and You’ll be jammed with accusations of lies and spreading misinformation

And the people I argue with always admit they’re wrong. lol

I agree with these people so they’re right. Logically speaking, we can’t all be right. Anyone most of the time, I don’t talk in absolutes. I’m more careful with how I speak than many.

And I wouldn’t talk about lying much after a post like yours.

Well – I will try to use Your weapon.
We’ve ben doing this dance for more than a year and a half? Taking into consideration, I left since xmas’13 till 2 months ago, and now left again, visiting only forums (more fun than playing). We’ve been talking in about… 50 topics? 80? Maybe more.
I remember to admit I’m wrong more than 10-15 times… because guess what. You were actually right! Yep, I can’t believe it as well!
But hey – I never eeeeeever seen You do it. No matter if it was in dialogue with me, or in any other thread, I wasn’t involved above simply reading.
Whenever I (or anyone else) pinpointed You to weak point of Your logic, to the flaw of this particular change of thoughts, there was no answer. You either ignored that point and focused 100% on others in our discussion, or You complitly left without a word. And my feelings were hurt…

I can remember admitting I was wrong on more than one occasion on these forums. So demonstrably, what you’re saying isn’t true. I don’t always admit I’m wrong, because I’m not always wrong. And much of what I say is opinion which can’t be wrong.

But I don’t often tell other people they’re wrong either. I tell them I disagree and give the reasons why. Then they put words into MY mouth and say I’m wrong. It’s wrong to do that…then people accuse me of putting words into their mouths.

As for me leaving, there are times in life I have to go and often I don’t get back for a while. By then the conversation has moved on.

See this is a bit of a fallacy… saying opinions can’t be wrong. When your opinion is regarding something provable via scientific method, it’s not an opinion. Example: You cannot have a difference of opinion regarding whether vaccines are necessary to save lives… because it’s not opinion. So saying “I’m not wrong, it’s my opinion” doesn’t always work.

Whether that the case with you Vayne is beyond my desire to care.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

does GW2 have a future?

Vayne.8563

(…) Context is often everything, but so is jamming words into people’s mouths(…) .

And do note – he never acknowledge he’s wrong, even if You catch him on contradictions, nor he acknowledge You’re right, when You are. Sometimes he’s right, I’m not saying he’s not – but if You agree with him on 1 point out of 10, he takes it like complete win on all accounts. So much for constructive criticism.
And try to forget to write “it’s my opinion” (which is obvious) and You’ll be jammed with accusations of lies and spreading misinformation

I agree with these people so they’re right. Logically speaking, we can’t all be right. Anyone most of the time, I don’t talk in absolutes. I’m more careful with how I speak than many.

We’ve ben doing this dance for more than a year and a half? Taking into consideration, I left since xmas’13 till 2 months ago, and now left again, visiting only forums (more fun than playing). We’ve been talking in about… 50 topics? 80? Maybe more.
I remember to admit I’m wrong more than 10-15 times… because guess what. You were actually right! Yep, I can’t believe it as well!
But hey – I never eeeeeever seen You do it. No matter if it was in dialogue with me, or in any other thread, I wasn’t involved above simply reading.
Whenever I (or anyone else) pinpointed You to weak point of Your logic, to the flaw of this particular change of thoughts, there was no answer. You either ignored that point and focused 100% on others in our discussion, or You complitly left without a word. And my feelings were hurt…

I can remember admitting I was wrong on more than one occasion on these forums. So demonstrably, what you’re saying isn’t true. I don’t always admit I’m wrong, because I’m not always wrong. And much of what I say is opinion which can’t be wrong.

But I don’t often tell other people they’re wrong either. I tell them I disagree and give the reasons why. Then they put words into MY mouth and say I’m wrong. It’s wrong to do that…then people accuse me of putting words into their mouths.

As for me leaving, there are times in life I have to go and often I don’t get back for a while. By then the conversation has moved on.

See this is a bit of a fallacy… saying opinions can’t be wrong. When your opinion is regarding something provable via scientific method, it’s not an opinion. Example: You cannot have a difference of opinion regarding whether vaccines are necessary to save lives… because it’s not opinion. So saying “I’m not wrong, it’s my opinion” doesn’t always work.

Nice strawman. Obviously your opinion of how enjoyable a game is, or how good a chance to a game is isn’t going to be scientific fact.

does GW2 have a future?

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Nice strawman. Obviously your opinion of how enjoyable a game is, or how good a chance to a game is isn’t going to be scientific fact.

Obviously

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”