dragonite ore are absurd...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

u can found it with temple and world bosses.. the problem is how can i know when and where it happen? go to some website is the answer, so lets go do check for some event, omg one site is not working, another one still working, so lets see the counter.. 2hr for tequati, 20 min for lyssa, nice lets go to lyssa then.. i’ll go and i’ll wait, then wait then wait, oh something it’s happen, i’m pretty alone and i’l start with 2 or 3 guys it’s hard but we do the pre event, someone is coming and we will done, nice.. oh there is another one, i’l go but nothing happen, and counter reset, so lets wait for another one, then wait, wait,wait, maybe i’ll go to wc or eat something, i come back in time, lets go to see, nice this boss is spawned, kill, kill, kill, omg i’m crashed, relog, overflow “the shore is calm”

etc etc

now, i have an ele and i love fotm, so i will need to make scepter, dagger and staff… i have also a war and i’d like to grow up my guard cause it happen in fotm some bosses or some bad player u need a good guard… btw i have to look this site and jump from wp to another like a crazy, i cant really play cause i have to farm that dragonite waiting waiting and waiting and fighing vs overflow, lagging ( a lot of time i didnt got my chast cause of it) and this is really absurd

you should give dragonite also on dungeon, or maybe on the 3 bosses of fotm… dont forget ascended is usefull for fotm players, so you should give them something, btw if u have other idea…. just give us more possibility to reach that dragonite without play to “wait wars 2”
thanks

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Noooo! I already have more of it than I want, since it can’t be sold, traded, or refined without leveling (expensively) crafting.

I don’t know why you have such a problem finding world bosses. I use the overlay and go from boss to boss to boss quite easily.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Yeah it sucks that the only way to reliably get them is to do the world events, combined with the fact that their API is broken (at least for EU)… AGAIN!

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Hmm. I’ve been using http://us.gw2stuff.com/ to find events. Yeah, they aren’t happening all the time, but most times I check I can find at least one happening soonish. For instance, right now a Tequatl is about to start in 15 minutes. I’d still say that gathering 500 dragonite ore is a lot easier for players that run dungeons, than 500 Empyrial Fragments are for players that run events.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Tom Gore.4035

Hmm. I’ve been using http://us.gw2stuff.com/ to find events. Yeah, they aren’t happening all the time, but most times I check I can find at least one happening soonish. For instance, right now a Tequatl is about to start in 15 minutes. I’d still say that gathering 500 dragonite ore is a lot easier for players that run dungeons, than 500 Empyrial Fragments are for players that run events.

Yeah keep rubbing salt in our wounds.

The API works and has worked fine for US, but EU API is broken again.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Ah. I didn’t know it was broken for EU. That kind of sucks.

If I didn’t have that little web app, I’d probably would rarely bother with those events.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

Are you in a guild that plays all over the map? I know our guildies announce when any event or pre-event is starting.

Tom Gore.4035

Are you in a guild that plays all over the map? I know our guildies announce when any event or pre-event is starting.

Not currently. Our guild has dwindled into a few active members each night so very poor coverage. We’re talking about merging, though.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

yes eu api it’s broken, btw i think ridicoulus that i have to use a web browser for know what is happen in the world they should be just add a tab on hero pannel for give us the world information….
anyway dragonite ore should be avalaible also with other stuff, not only this kind of event, i can do all temple 1 day, 2 day, 10 days then its become boring and no sense, its just pure farming and gw2 its really better then a farming game

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/

Does that one work or is it everything based off of the EU api?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Tom Gore.4035

Well that one can be manually updated by website users, but I believe it also uses the EU API as a base.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Qin.7325

Qin.7325

I have the gw2stuff, gw2state and dragontimer sites up
when I have time to play

I also guest to 2 high population servers along with my own
hoping to get those boss events done and to get those 500 dragonite ores
so far I’ve only managed to get about 200 of them
as compared to my 1k+ bloodstones
and dungeon obtained empyreal fragments are not a problem for me

I will have the 500 I need eventually but wow…
this doesn’t take as long as the fractal backpiece but it sure feels that way

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Here is a little secret. You get tons of them from WvW. Just follow the zerg and take keeps. Make sure you hit the champion keep lord for credit.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

The problem for me is with my much limited hours of play per day, in order to get these ores I have to do stuff I don’t really have a high preference for. I do like occasional WvW runs and I’ll happily do world boss events, but I’ve never obsessively chased after these. These are things I do if it so coincides with me being online and not doing anything yet. When I log on, with what hours I have, im more often jumping in when a guildie is asking for dungeon runs or fractals. I enjoy dungeons, and I run them not bothering abt rewards. Thus, I barely have a 100 of these ore.

While on the subject, how many do they usually drop I just did the Frozen Maw at wayfarers, and I got FOUR dragonite ores. SERIOUSLY? or maybe because it was low level map? I think I got a lot more when i coincidentally found a small zerg that sneakily took Stonemist on WvW. And whats the best method to get them for time-constraint folks?

Qin.7325

Here is a little secret. You get tons of them from WvW. Just follow the zerg and take keeps. Make sure you hit the champion keep lord for credit.

shame on me for staying in a weak WvW server
I totally need to either convert gold into 1800 gems or to pay X amount of real money for a transfer just so I can follow zergs and take keeps

entirely my fault and not game issues

Posted by: Sentry.3691

Sentry.3691

I get tons of Empyreal Fragments from wvw, but Dragonite Ore? No.
Then again, I am on Anvil Rock (ranked last in wvw) and we don’t take keeps as often as other servers. Still, there are much more efficient methods of getting Dragonite Ore.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

shame on me for staying in a weak WvW server
I totally need to either convert gold into 1800 gems or to pay X amount of real money for a transfer just so I can follow zergs and take keeps

entirely my fault and not game issues

Don’t, good servers actually defend things. Back when Desolation had IRON guild I was lucky to cap a freaking camp, they had people defending everywhere.

Dragonite ore income from wvw sucks big time compared world bosses or temples. People that say otherwise either are the nightcap force of Vizunah or their matchup has some kind of silent agreement to run in circles to farm.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Many players will already do events and get bored farming dungeons for empyreal. Many players will already do dungeons and get bored zerging down events for dragonite. Many players will struggle for some other resource whether it is gold, ectos, karma, whatever. The designed of ascended crafting seems determined to make you grind out something in GW2 that you really won’t enjoy.

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I don’t know why you have such a problem finding world bosses. I use the overlay and go from boss to boss to boss quite easily.

The problem is, ever since scarlet invasion update, the boss timers on gw2stuff and dragon timer are completely off. They’re not showing correct times in 90% cases. Some days they don’t work at all. Today I’ve been falsely directed towards 5 bosses and they weren’t on at all (no, it wasn’t overflow). Only 1, was correct, karka queen for my server, and I ended up in overflow..

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just to be pedantic. It isn’t broken again. It is still broken. Broken again would imply it was fixed between it breaking and now. That is not the case!

The issue can be partially mitigated by using a site like http://dragons.udba.org/ as well. Often times the broken timers will show that the pre and the event are active at the same time. It is harder to see that on gw2stuff.

The other thing is to do the events since completing an event can unstick its state. It won’t help you but it’ll help the next person.

Posted by: GreyJackal.7319

GreyJackal.7319

There are plenty of emp fragments around that don’t involve events. Here’s a map I found (not one I made). Admittedly some are a lot easier with a thief.

http://i.imgur.com/gTRgrVd.jpg

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Seems the way to go is WvWvW and attach to a zerg.

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I have the gw2stuff, gw2state and dragontimer sites up
when I have time to play

I also guest to 2 high population servers along with my own
hoping to get those boss events done and to get those 500 dragonite ores
so far I’ve only managed to get about 200 of them
as compared to my 1k+ bloodstones
and dungeon obtained empyreal fragments are not a problem for me

I will have the 500 I need eventually but wow…
this doesn’t take as long as the fractal backpiece but it sure feels that way

Lol for everyone its different. I had 500+ the very first day of dragonite.

It then took me 2 days of specifically playing dungeons to get the emp frags.

Dragonite isn’t hard to get you can get it rather fast. Esp if you have multiple characters.

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

A server message, like with invasion, wouldn’t hurt.

Any news on that mobile phone app? Rift’s shows invasions/world events!

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

http://guildwarstemple.com/dragontimer/

Does that one work or is it everything based off of the EU api?

This is the one I use and I’m on NA Eredon Terrace. It’s accurate.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

StinVec.3621

There are plenty of emp fragments around that don’t involve events. Here’s a map I found (not one I made). Admittedly some are a lot easier with a thief.

http://i.imgur.com/gTRgrVd.jpg

Very true. And that’s a nice pic. Good find.
I get most of mine from those small world chests that you can get across multiple characters each day. Too bad for me I destroy them as I do not intend to waste any coin in crafting and have no interest in those so-called “Legendary” weapons or the New Gear Tier! aka “Ascended” weapons.

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s hugely annoying for WvW players that dragonite is extremely hard to get in WvW.
And WvW players are arguably those who need Ascended gear the most.

Anyway, NSP has a temple zerg every day starting at 5:00pm pacific time.

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

With gw2stuff i manage to get ~170 Dragonite ore in 1h. You set yourself : 1 temple a day and you get your 500 in no time (17 days).
And don’t craft it if you feel bored, because it brings nothing more, a mere 8% stat bonus, compared to exotics. Exotics are already good enough for all gw2 current content (minus fractal 50+). If you optimise your build you can win way more that 8%. (I tweaked my build and now instead of 30k 100b, i do ~45k 100b and close to 60k in perfect condition)

(edited by The Sixteenth.2561)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Exotics are already good enough for all gw2 current content (minus fractal 50+). If you optimise your build you can win way more that 8%. (I tweaked my build and now instead of 30k 100b, i do ~45k 100b and close to 60k in perfect condition)

“Current content” should be emphasized. Future content will surely be scaled toward people having Ascended gear or else content becomes too easy. So you’d better get your Ascended gear sooner or later.

As for optimizing your gear: if you optimize your gear AND have Ascended gear, your build becomes even better — so why not do both?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

This is why I have more of that ore than I need.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Linked map would be a lot better if it was fully zoomable so that you can tell where the locations are- at the moment they are blurry blobs on the map which doesn’t really tell me where the chests are.

But a good effort nonetheless, hopefully someone will improve on it when they hae run it a few times.

Many thanks.

EDIT: a lot of these are jump puzzles so if like me you don’t like them then you won’t have a happy time- in an hour I collected 4 emp frags from 4 JPs, 2 of which I loathed so much I quit.

Would be useful to indicate on the map which are JP’s so they can be avoided and which are either open, or guarded by veteran, champ, etc so people can target the ones they want (and maybe someone will come out with a complete guide to running around the maps and doing all the non-JP ones in a reasonable timescale.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

(edited by Victory.2879)

StinVec.3621

Linked map would be a lot better if it was fully zoomable so that you can tell where the locations are- at the moment they are blurry blobs on the map which doesn’t really tell me where the chests are.

But a good effort nonetheless, hopefully someone will improve on it when they hae run it a few times.

Many thanks.

EDIT: a lot of these are jump puzzles so if like me you don’t like them then you won’t have a happy time- in an hour I collected 4 emp frags from 4 JPs, 2 of which I loathed so much I quit.

Would be useful to indicate on the map which are JP’s so they can be avoided and which are either open, or guarded by veteran, champ, etc so people can target the ones they want (and maybe someone will come out with a complete guide to running around the maps and doing all the non-JP ones in a reasonable timescale.

2 ways you can zoom in on that map image:

• When you have it open in your browser, hold CTRL and scroll your mouse wheel to zoom in.
  • Right-click > Save Image: Then open it in your photo viewer and zoom in.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Get 3+ players and do events that aren’t commonly done on your server. If gw2stuff doesn’t work, then that’s :
-Mark II, which has a short chain with a short respawn
-Foulbear, which might have a long respawn but is one of the events that’s rarely done.
-Fire Shaman
-Temple of Dwayna, just don’t fail the first event, once you’re past that you can fail as much as you want
-Temple of Lyssa, just be quick to answer the defend events
-Temple of Melandru

And thanks to the new LFG tool, if you want more players, simply post in general LFG what you are doing and surely some people will come to help you. The best way to have your own little zerg is to start with Dwayna where your zerg will grow once you have to escort Malchor, then take them to Lyssa. The somewhat tricky part is taking them to Melandru if the chain has not started.

And now, with other bosses having a lot more health, it’s hard to miss the Shatterer, the Maw or the Jungle Wurm.

Qin.7325

Dragonite isn’t hard to get you can get it rather fast. Esp if you have multiple characters.

This is exactly what I needed
to know that I could do temple of dwayna for example on different characters to get dragonite ore each time on the same day

thanks
(this is with the assumption that it works and does not get nerfed/removed)

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

This whole event mechanic is absurd. They made them completely invisible to users (both in timer and location), making us relying on websites to ever find them in time. Probably because they wanted it to have a “discovery” feel to them, which obviously would only work the first time and is not a suitable mechanic for an MMO.

On top of that, they decided that now we have to FARM these events they made sure to be hard to do. Like you OP, whenever I need dragonite for ascended I just hop from one point to the other, wondering why one website has timers that differ in 20 minutes from others.

And at this hour, there probably won’t be people to do them anyway. They need to let us overflow on purpose to be in an area with lots of players. Bring back the utility of districts from GW1

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Let’s assume you have one character.
Acquiring 1 stack (250) of:
Bloodstone Dust – 1 hour of Champ Farm
Empyreal Fragment – 2-3 hours of Dungeons
Dragonite Ore – Doing every world boss meta possible in 24 hours, yup, you’re still short…

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Doing to the 5 temples and the karka queen will yield 30 dragonite ore each, totaling 180.

Doing the 3 dragons plus the golem and fire shaman will yield about 20 more dragonite each, totaling around 100 more.

That’s 280 dragonite ore. In what should take 2-3 hours max. Just like the Empyreal Fragments.

If you have alts, you can repeat the process daily.

Posted by: RedShipRaider.9560

RedShipRaider.9560

Dragonite Ore – Doing every world boss meta possible in 24 hours, yup, you’re still short…

Indeed. And you essentially have to craft Ascended Armor in order to reasonably get 70 Agony Resistance for scale 50 Fractals. I can not bring myself to the mind numbing tedium of grinding world bosses and temple auto attack zergs, which effectively halts my progression in FotM…. This is something that I can not quite figure out.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Honestly I prefer the phone apps for it than the websites, there’s quite a few apps on android which just tracking world event bosses.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Indeed. And you essentially have to craft Ascended Armor in order to reasonably get 70 Agony Resistance for scale 50 Fractals. I can not bring myself to the mind numbing tedium of grinding world bosses and temple auto attack zergs, which effectively halts my progression in FotM…. This is something that I can not quite figure out.

You need 70 AR for scale 50?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Protoavis.9107

to mitigate the damage

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I find it hard to believe that doing 200 fractals to get to 50 isn’t a “tedium of grinding” when compared to world bosses needed to get armor. Unless your definition of a grind is simply progression that you simply don’t want to do. I think its fair to say if that you are to casual or unwilling to get ascended armor, that level 50 fractals probably isn’t for you.

Needing 70AR for level 50 fractal doesn’t “effectively halt” your progression in FotM because you can’t go higher than 50. And there is not a reward for level 50.

Third you can get to 70 without needing armor at all… reasonably for people that have gotten to and already beat level 50 before armor even came out.

Infused rings and back piece with +10 agony infusions and +5 utility Infusions. 45 AR

5 Utility Infusions on accessories and amulet. 15 AR

+5 Utility Infusions on weapons. +10 AR

70AR total, not a single piece of armor required.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

to mitigate the damage

Wiki said you get 1% damage with 70 AR from agony. Shouldn’t 60 AR be enough?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You get agony every 10 seconds on 50

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Protoavis.9107

to mitigate the damage

Wiki said you get 1% damage with 70 AR from agony. Shouldn’t 60 AR be enough?

In theory, in practice though it’s not practical between the agony every 10 seconds, depending on the boss you face at the end it can mean wiping hard and alot if it’s a boss that spews out a lot of aoe agony in a tiny floor space

Posted by: FuriousPop.2789

FuriousPop.2789

Sounds a lot more like Wait Wars 2

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

T7 mat accumulation is largely dependent on how you play. I have a 5-4-1 ratio of Bloodstone, Dragonite and Empy shards at present.

I honestly have nearly stopped dungeoning altogether – I have lots of alts and do guild activities weekly, along with frequent world bosses most of the time, and somewhat frequent WvW now.

I’m often in Orr farming for T6 mats – and very frequently catch temple events on alts.

It was a pain for me to grind out those last empyreal fragments when I was finishing up my ascended weapon crafting for the third time – even resorting to an old favorite HoTW speed run grind and alt parking at jump puzzles, I found it painfully slow to gather empy shards.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

T7 mat accumulation is largely dependent on how you play. I have a 5-4-1 ratio of Bloodstone, Dragonite and Empy shards at present.

I honestly have nearly stopped dungeoning altogether – I have lots of alts and do guild activities weekly, along with frequent world bosses most of the time, and somewhat frequent WvW now.

I’m often in Orr farming for T6 mats – and very frequently catch temple events on alts.

It was a pain for me to grind out those last empyreal fragments when I was finishing up my ascended weapon crafting for the third time – even resorting to an old favorite HoTW speed run grind and alt parking at jump puzzles, I found it painfully slow to gather empy shards.

I don’t necessarily “grind” these mats, but rather I play for fun, and these things just keep coming. From killing Teq and the Karka Queen daily, to other World Bosses, to WvW runs, to the occasional Champ farm in Frostgorge. I used most to help level all my crafting to 500 (from 450 to 475), and I still have way too much of this stuff coming in.

While it’s a matter of “how you play” that can benefit some, I think that people (from a psychological standpoint) will assume that the drop rates are so slow because they’re so focused on it. It’s like watching water boil in a pot, or trying to measure how much weight you lost. If you look at it constantly, it will appear to take a long time. So even if you get 30 Dragonites to drop from a single chest, that still feels small when you consider how many of them you need for refinement. But once you stop looking, and just enjoy the game, you’ll actually see how fast a player can accumulate these things.

So focus more on just playing the game for fun, and you’ll end up with a boat load of loot that you never knew you had.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!