dungeon finder LFG isn't in the works currently

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Just spent 15 minutes getting a party for level 1 in the fractals. It’s only the second day!

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Yeah, I’ve hassled enough trying to get into the unpopular dungeons so I decided that I’m going to wait until they add this before I even bother again. Guess I’ll be waiting a long time.

I seem to remember that waiting for a group was part of the features of not having class roles.

Since I’ve also been holding off on doing FotM until my weekend (since I work at night and have been staying up late for the noon pdt events) it looks like that’s not going to happen now anyway as waiting 2 days has left me behind.

Reminds me of being r2 in heroes ascent in gw1 when everyone was calling for r9+ min groups. that’s why I never did that again.

Seems like a bummer of an unintended consequence.

Posted by: tetsuo.7318

tetsuo.7318

Dungeon finder is badly needet, it was almost impossible bevore to find a grp for anything and its way worse now that the new dungeon is out ,there isnt even a LFG channel, the lfg flag thingy is even worse then the swtor one was at release. I only did 1 Dungeon so far in 150-200 hours i played that just not acceptable .

Posted by: Griden.2174

Griden.2174

I sincerely hope Anet would stand their ground and ignore those senseless LFD tool requests.

The absence of such automation is the only thing that encourages players to interact in a natural human way. And to form guilds and other community “structures”.

We know what happened (community-wise) to those games that implemented LFD/LFG/LFR features.

tetsuo.7318

So you realy think not beeing able to do any Dungeons at all is better then having a lfd tool you dont have to use? And standing in the same spot and spamming the chat for hours is fun to you? i mean really? Then why not just patch the dungeons out
allrdy….

Posted by: Coin Flunk.3024

Coin Flunk.3024

I got to agree, i’d love a nicely working lfg tool.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Thank god a topic about this is finally building steam. I really can’t understand what Anet was thinking leaving this feature out. Maybe before it was bearable, but now that they put fractals in, there is absolutely NO excuse. Do they realize just how insanely difficult it is to find a group for a specific difficulty? When they implemented FotM, they didn’t add just one dungeon, they added 20, since each difficulty essentially functions as a different dungeon for group finding purposes. And if you think it’s hard to find groups now, wait until next week when the novelty wears off and boatloads of people stop running.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Nymirah.6124

Nymirah.6124

I would love a dungeon finder in GW2.

Standing around in LA or near the dungeon spamming chat looking for more does not add to a community and I’ve long since mastered my jumping skills. At best it’s boring and annoying. It does not incline me to chat more with the party; I also have never had an issue talking with random people in the lfd groups. There always seems to be at least one person willing to respond.

The biggest pains from lfd was people ninjaing loot and dropping group. Those wouldn’t be a problem in GW2 since everyone gets their own loot and there’s no official roles.

I see no reason why it shouldn’t be added.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

I know how this will end: They’ll give us an LFG tool like the ones in LotRO (the old one, it’s now updated… badly, and people still don’t use it: Do it properly or don’t do it at all) or TSW, two useless tools where you just sign on a list and wait (or check the list for people).
I’d like to point out that on LotRO and TSW NOBODY uses it, ever: Everyone just spam the LFG channel (and at least there’s an LFG channel). The only LFG tool that will work properly is like the WoW’s one (or the Rift one, as they say, but I don’t play Rift so I can’t tell), completely automated and cross-server… but they’ll never listen.

Posted by: Nolimit.8417

Nolimit.8417

Proper LFG is badly needed. While I had time before now that I have exams all the time and less time to play, and next year I’ll have work+masters I really do NOT have time to look for group for HOURS (happens to me every time) to either fail to get one or succeed and then it’s a coin toss if it’s bad one or good one.

Posted by: Yviz.1053

Yviz.1053

It’s so weird how some people think. In some alternate and weird reality they’re in, they believe that spamming “LFM” every 2 seconds somehow promotes social interactions.

Most recently, SWTOR didn’t have a LFG tool at launch because they believed it was a detriment to social interactions. Guess who has a LFG tool now? Same deal with Rift. No LFG tool when it first launch. Try to guess whether it has one now?

The point I’m trying to make is all of these AAA MMOs all released their games without LFG tool and believed for whatever reason that their game was better without it only to be mistaken a few months or years later.

(edited by Yviz.1053)

Posted by: Cire.6795

Cire.6795

They should just make a que system for the dungeons. If I solo or if I have a small party and enter a dungeon it should say “you don’t have enough people do you want to enter the dungeon solo or enter a que”. Once inside the que it will find all players trying to do that dungeon and match you up with other players that want to do that dungeon. My time is limited and I don’t want to spend 30 min looking for a party when I only got 2 hours to play. Even if the que takes 30min I can go do other things while I wait and once the que is ready ill have enough time to do atleast one dungeon run. I don’t like or want too stand in one zone spamming LFG or waiting for someone to see my LFG that may never happen.

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Most recently, SWTOR didn’t have a LFG tool at launch because they believed it was a detriment to social interactions. Guess who has a LFG tool now? Same deal with Rift. No LFG tool when it first launch. Try to guess whether it has one now?

The point I’m trying to make is all of these AAA MMOs all released their games without LFG tool and believed for whatever reason that their game was better without it only to be mistaken a few months or years later.

Well, to be honest they real reason is/was they had no time to make one hence the excuse of ‘detriment to social interactions’ .
SwTor was in a hurry to hit the Xmas market to boost box sales and GW2 had to come out before Pandas.

All is vain.

Posted by: Arysta.9530

Arysta.9530

I’ve met some great gaming friends through LFG tools. I tend to join small guilds because I don’t like the vast amounts of mutes you find in the average guild. It’s weird. I like knowing everyone. However, in small guilds you tend to get very casual players, altaholics, etc., so it’s hard to form groups on the fly. I hate spamming chat for a group (so much so that I won’t do it). I also hate joining 1 person who wants to go to a dungeon, then waiting an hour to find 3 more people who also want to join.

These troubles have led me to only doing 2 dungeons thus far (I have over 200 hours played). The bugs I faced in those 2 dungeons have also turned me off, but that’s a far lesser issue as these bugs will get addressed at some point.

I probably won’t do many more dungeons because finding a group is so tedious, and now that my character is lvl 80 with 100% world completion, I’m not finding much else to do in the game. I’ll probably quit playing GW2 soon due to boredom… whether I truly want to or not.

tetsuo.7318

Same here im more of a pve player and love doing dungeons but its so tedious in this game to find grps i will probably just quit soon and play something else.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Can’t we get a response from Anet? This is a serious issue that is drastically hurting many peoples’ enjoyment of the game. Threads are now popping up about people who can’t even find a group for difficulty 1 because they started too late.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Can’t we get a response from Anet? This is a serious issue that is drastically hurting many peoples’ enjoyment of the game. Threads are now popping up about people who can’t even find a group for difficulty 1 because they started too late.

This was their response: that they weren’t working on it. I’m not sure how long it takes to implement something like this but I’m sure it’s not over night. Maybe if they could repurpose their hot join system from pvp to work with the dungeons they could get it in the game faster. The damage will probaby be done already though, with the people who got in the fractals quickly outpacing the people who are stuck at low fractal levels.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: utildai.5319

utildai.5319

Too many folks have played WOW. They have been ruined to the joy of putting a group together, fighting your way TO the dungeon, through the dungeon and then back home again….

Ah, the days of AC and EQ…. Forever missed… Here is hoping Elder Scroll’s Online’s non-instanced, find it on your own dungeon system will harken back to those days…

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

Too many folks have played WOW. They have been ruined to the joy of putting a group together, fighting your way TO the dungeon, through the dungeon and then back home again….

Ah, the days of AC and EQ…. Forever missed… Here is hoping Elder Scroll’s Online’s non-instanced, find it on your own dungeon system will harken back to those days…

a LFG tool does not have to teleport you and everyone in your group to the instance.

You do realize that currently you can teleport to the instance as long as you are in the right zone?

Posted by: utildai.5319

utildai.5319

Yea, I do. And to be honest, I have two level 80’s and have yet to run a single dungeon so I don’t really even know if your party gets summoned to the instance when only one person enters… I am just assuming it is similar to the story quests with friends going with you.

Posted by: dmbucs.1367

dmbucs.1367

I would agree that an LFG tool for dungeon seems to be needed more than ever. I was surprised when entrance of COF was dead yesterday around 3pm EST and that is usually full of people. I decided to then go to LA and the only dungeon being requested is FoTM :-/

Mandrake
<PINK>Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Tandy.4781

Tandy.4781

I am all for a sense of community, but honestly…..you cant compare this game to other games that have multiple servers who all of a sudden has cross server grouping. This game has a game wide community, you can already group with anyone regardless of server. The ideas of community being hurt by a LFD tool/instance matching just dont hold up with that fact in play.

Creating an instance that tracks how many times you have done it, without having a way to match people on the same “level” as you, was not very smart long term. Wait a month, see how hard the new players to the instance have in finding a level 1 group.

Unless someone has a perma-group they play with each and every time they instance run, the simple fact is you will fall ahead or behind your guildies and friends. Its just common sense someone will go on vacation, have a deadline at work etc that keeps them from playing a few days to a week and lag behind. This isnt like raid gearing, where you can take someone in and carry them and get geared up ASAP….you have to totally repeat old difficulty levels to boost every person who falls back.

Having some form of instance finding tool is needed badly. Anytime your community has to rally to do something “third-party” like gw2lfg.com , that should set off HUGE BIG WARNING ALARM BELLS. Its a clear sign you have a problem your not addressing and someone needs to get their rear end moving on fixing it pronto.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I definitely appreciate the need for this feature. I’m not gonna get all gripey about it, but I would run a TON more dungeons than I do if such a thing existed.

It’s just a little bit of a pain to find dungeon groups sometimes.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Some of my friends just stopped playing because of the lacking of a proper LFG tool (and because of the “ascend gear effect”, but that’s another story).

Way to go, Anet.

Posted by: Cedric.3091

Cedric.3091

I stopped playing after Fractals of the Mists came out and I discovered that, not only is there no LFG system, but players aren’t allowed to talk to each other (outside Guilds) to arrange to play with each other.

Now I’m just checking periodically to see if there’s a LFG system so I can play. Guess I shouldn’t bother for another few months…

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I stopped playing after Fractals of the Mists came out and I discovered that, not only is there no LFG system, but players aren’t allowed to talk to each other (outside Guilds) to arrange to play with each other.

Now I’m just checking periodically to see if there’s a LFG system so I can play. Guess I shouldn’t bother for another few months…

The last post was a month ago, so nice necro.
Any player can talk to anybody, regardless of server. You can still play with people in dungeons cross-server. And you can join them in any overflow map like LA or southsun cove during the event for example.

The current situation is that Anet IS working on a LFG tool, but until then they suggest using GW2LFG.com

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

gw2lfg.com

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I’m in the minority it seems. I am happy that a LFG tool is not being worked on.

I prefer meeting players on my realm and adding like-minded people to my friend list or bringing them into the guild. I do not want to be grouped with random people from a pool and never see these guys again out in the world.

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

As an update to this thread, in the blog announced today they specifically mention that they are currently working on improving LFG.

Posted by: Leron.7204

Leron.7204

I also think that a lfg tool is needed but i am against complete automation because it takes away the ability of the player to decide who they want to group up with.
Those bad Pug experiences many people seem to fear come from the fact that they would end up in groups they normally wouldn’t have joined.

2 Examples
PlayerA: LF3m Cof Farmrun experienced players only
PlayerB: New player lfg cof exp
There are many more examples voicecom/novoicecom would be another one.

A random automatic lfg tool would put PlayerB into PlayerA’s group which is bound to be a bad experience for both.
Therefore i would like to see a type of lfg tool where you can select the dungeon/event you want to do and type in a short comment so that likeminded players can group up together. Like gw2lfg.com just ingame and consequently more used because defaults matter. Sorry for my english.

(edited by Leron.7204)