[feature] unlock skins & stats, swap at will

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

It would be one the best updates they can give the game. We have all these stats and skins available but we realistically can’t go for everything because we don’t have a locker system.

If such an update came out, I would start collecting stats that I deemed useless for my warrior just to have them in the locker. It would be great because suddenly there will be demand for stats other than zerkers just because people want to collect.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

It would be one the best updates they can give the game. We have all these stats and skins available but we realistically can’t go for everything because we don’t have a locker system.

If such an update came out, I would start collecting stats that I deemed useless for my warrior just to have them in the locker. It would be great because suddenly there will be demand for stats other than zerkers just because people want to collect.

and people will keep on collecting, because, they keep on releasing new skins and stats combo!

the perfect horizontal gear treadmill!

plus, it is optional!

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I think something else would be in order to make this game interesting for players: real living world. The idea I have in mind is that of your character developing in a world and actually meaning something, such as class choice making you able to unlock a certain tree of abilities both in PvE, PvP as WvW. Also things like a politics system, the actual building of cities, through a game building system, much like the Neverwinter dungeon system. This would make the story of a game neverending and make it interesting for you, the player to keep playing, and actually enjoying it.

My standard example for this is a guild situation where you group up with adventurers. For example, you start off a human warrior, asura thief, charr engineer.
Each of them will begin in their own zone, as a total newbie. From time to time though, events will occur in the world, political elections, job offers, traveling etc.

So we take for example the charr engineer. You as a new player, meet an advanced engineer player. The latter has built himself a “Tool lab” (using the house building system) and is trying to figure out new techniques and instruments, possibly new weapons, or environmental limited-duration weapons. He asks your charr to come and work together with him. During the experimenting it is possible for you character to get marked permanently, for example if you combine 2 strange doses of elixir and the whole explodes. From then on you might have only 1 eye and a lot less fur.
After a while, perhaps, after successful experimenting, the shop sells products to other players, not through trading posts, but through interaction through the shop, players have to come there for real. The advanced engineer gives you a percentage of his profits and one day you have enough to go and travel the world on a ship.

AND SO ON – every player gets his own story and his own ‘virtual’ life. You might say, I don’t want a second life, well no problem, nobody forces you to do this or that. You can just pick yourself for example a thief and go breaking into someone’s house and stealing money pouches, maybe get caught one day and have to fight your way out, it’s all possible…

Though, this would be the ideal of a game and it might not happen, ever.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

This game turns into facebook game. Log in, chop down some trees and log out. Nothing is even remotely hard and anet can’t even design anything hard. Dungeons were supposed to be hard, Liadri was supposed to be impossible and many more. We all have seen how that turned out to be.

had the same idea with the facebook game. it does, sorta.. lol

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I think something else would be in order to make this game interesting for players: real living world. The idea I have in mind is that of your character developing in a world and actually meaning something, such as class choice making you able to unlock a certain tree of abilities both in PvE, PvP as WvW. Also things like a politics system, the actual building of cities, through a game building system, much like the Neverwinter dungeon system. This would make the story of a game neverending and make it interesting for you, the player to keep playing, and actually enjoying it.

My standard example for this is a guild situation where you group up with adventurers. For example, you start off a human warrior, asura thief, charr engineer.
Each of them will begin in their own zone, as a total newbie. From time to time though, events will occur in the world, political elections, job offers, traveling etc.

So we take for example the charr engineer. You as a new player, meet an advanced engineer player. The latter has built himself a “Tool lab” (using the house building system) and is trying to figure out new techniques and instruments, possibly new weapons, or environmental limited-duration weapons. He asks your charr to come and work together with him. During the experimenting it is possible for you character to get marked permanently, for example if you combine 2 strange doses of elixir and the whole explodes. From then on you might have only 1 eye and a lot less fur.
After a while, perhaps, after successful experimenting, the shop sells products to other players, not through trading posts, but through interaction through the shop, players have to come there for real. The advanced engineer gives you a percentage of his profits and one day you have enough to go and travel the world on a ship.

AND SO ON – every player gets his own story and his own ‘virtual’ life. You might say, I don’t want a second life, well no problem, nobody forces you to do this or that. You can just pick yourself for example a thief and go breaking into someone’s house and stealing money pouches, maybe get caught one day and have to fight your way out, it’s all possible…

Though, this would be the ideal of a game and it might not happen, ever.

aye, would be nice.
more things to do would not hurt, especially if not vertical progression related.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

though it has been 5 months since this topic was posted, i feel that a bump is necessary, since every now and then there are often a lot of people asking for something similar like this. clearly, there is a strong demand for such a feature, we just need to rally everyone who supports this feature together.

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

though it has been 5 months since this topic was posted, i feel that a bump is necessary, since every now and then there are often a lot of people asking for something similar like this. clearly, there is a strong demand for such a feature, we just need to rally everyone who supports this feature together.

Just no. Doesn’t make anet money. and those that spent a lot of gold to make different stats weapons/ legendaries will suffer a great nerf.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

It is against the game’s mechanics, Anet won’t implement that because we may as well play WoW instead, WoW is still a quality title who offers you a rich gear experience.

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

Just no. Doesn’t make anet money. and those that spent a lot of gold to make different stats weapons/ legendaries will suffer a great nerf.

This would not be true because the person who has all the different ascended stats would have those stats unlocked. A person who only has a berserker weapon will not have anything else to switch to until he unlocks other stats.