in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

do I need to apply it somewhere? I bought the game when it first started

how do I know if I'm eligible for extra slot

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

If you did buy the game when it first started (or before January 23rd 2015) then you will be eligible for the veteran character slot.

Do keep in mind that the veteran slots are given out on a weekly basis (every Friday) and I have read that some players received their slot after 10 days.

Edit: This veteran slot is part of the pre-purchase bonuses, and will no longer be given out come the release of the expansion, seen from this quote here:

Blog

For all players who registered the core Guild Wars 2® game prior to January 23, 2015 and who upgrade their account by prepurchasing and registering any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns edition before Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns‘ launch, we will add one additional character slot to your Guild Wars 2 account.

(Also as a side note, you will get a further character slot if you purchase the Deluxe or Ultimate editions (or upgrade to the Deluxe through the in-game store), just in case you might confuse that extra slot with the veteran character slot)

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

I’m pretty sure you have to pre-order HoT, I don’T know if you still get it after the expac is realeased. If you’ve already pre-ordered and dont have your extra slot, contact the support.

knight.8926

so i was looking at my account and it says i can buy heart of throns, do i not get it automatically?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

so i was looking at my account and it says i can buy heart of throns, do i not get it automatically?

No……

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

You will get it automatically if you pre-purchase the expansion before its release on Friday.

You won’t get the veteran slot without pre-purchasing the expansion.

knight.8926

how do i figure out what kind of account do i have?

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

how do i figure out what kind of account do i have?

If you mean do you qualify. How old is your account? When did you buy GW2?

If you bought GW2 before the start of this year, and if you buy HoT before Friday. You will get a free character slot.

If you mean you do not know if you own HoT, click.on services on the top right hand side of this page, then Account. Log in, and if you have the option to buy HoT you don’t own it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

(edited by BrotherBelial.3094)

knight.8926

when it first came out or a month into it

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I’m actually not sure where I bought Gw2 from (pre-purchased it before release), but all I had to do was pre-prechase the expansion on this site, log in to this very site, and apply the code they send to email. You must apply the code before release, but it really depends on how badly you want an extra character slot. Remember, that you can still play the game without the expansion if you do not care about the new content or specializations.

Finally, the slot does not appear immediately, there appears to be a delay of a few days.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

knight.8926

thanks for being patient guys will purchase it HoT

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

when it first came out or a month into it

Then you’ll qualify. Just make sure you buy HoT and register the code before Friday.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|