how would you like GW3 to be.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

for me I would like GW3 to be nothing like GW2.
1-Story and content should go together and should be repeatable like the missions in GW1.
2-Multi classing and lots of skills.
3- Skills not tied to weapons.
4-Good AI which uses skills instead of bags of hp and one shot mechanic.
5-Smaller world bosses so I can use my sword to kill it not cannons.
6- No down state.
7-less clutter.
8-No RNG or Mystic toilet.

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

what i want:
big instanced personal story missions like gw1 with option for henchmen/heroes
a good long story like gw1
every area explorable like gw2
heart quests and poi etc the same as gw2
more jumping puzzles!
nice cut scenes like gw1 that move my character around
permanent content added with living story even if only every 2 months or so
gvg like gw1 with choice of home arenas etc but with a high player limit for a proper guild vs guild battle.
wvw maps to be different, not a copy and paste job.
dual class
more skill options for 1-5, like 1h sword has 3-4 different number 1 skills to choose from etc

what i don’t want:
temporary content thrown at us every 2 weeks
overflows
tiny instances for personal story like gw2 which you finish in 30 seconds…
horrible cut scenes like gw2
rng gem shop exclusive skin gambling
achievement points

(edited by Flubble.8093)

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I want it where you build your skills and traits through experience (like fighting) and gear is purely cosmetic. That way, everything is based on skill. You can still go dps or whatever but that is changed through your traits and not your gear.

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I’d rather play Wildstar to be honest.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

The first time I accidentally typed “guild wars 3,” right before release, my immediate reaction was “NNNOOOOOO”

A bit like having an election, and then hearing talk about the next one. It’s too soon! ;__;

But, in seriousness, I’m inclined to wait a few years and see how GW2 evolves before I starting thinking what I want out of any possible follow-up.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Too soon for GW3. but in all honesty, i just want a game that is what GW2 was originally advertised as. Well ok, that will draw a lot of fire, let me rephrase…

I want a game which is what i expected of GW2 when i read abt the intitial promises/manifesto.

Easily accessible statistical gear, horizontol progression and all those other stuff people debate abt in the forums. (And please, im just stating here based on the OP topic, not gonna debate on whether or not the game as it is now delivered on promises or not. some ppl think so, some dont)

And yes, no RNG gambling on gemstore

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I’d rather see this game go on and develop for a decade than jump to a sequel. I’m lazy and dislike having all the work I have put in disappear and having to start all over.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I don’t think I would purchase a GW3. After what happened with GW2, I just would not trust that what I was paying for would be what I was getting.

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

After the kitten up that GW2 is, why would you even want a GW3?

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Exactly. I’d be very surprised if we were to ever see a GW3. I’ll pass.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

because I’m not having fun playing the game . I’m waiting for a good game to be released so I can move on.

Posted by: jayb.1329

jayb.1329

I wouldn’t be buying any of Anet’s future products after this game. Sorry, the truth may hurt some of you, but I would rather play “Hello Kitty Online” for half an hour than play Guild Wars 2 for 5 more minutes. It just has way too many things wrong with it.

Not even remotely hurt, wish you felt the same way about the forums!

Good Riddance!

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

because I’m not having fun playing the game . I’m waiting for a good game to be released so I can move on.

Think of it like the movie Saw (or any other franchise, it happens a lot): The first one was made on a budget, but it was spectacular and draw a small, but cult-like following. The second was a capitalization and mass-popularization of the first as a cash grab. The formula worked, the cash was grabbed, and then the series continued to…. yeah.

There are certainly some parallels :P

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I wouldn’t be buying any of Anet’s future products after this game. Sorry, the truth may hurt some of you, but I would rather play “Hello Kitty Online” for half an hour than play Guild Wars 2 for 5 more minutes. It just has way too many things wrong with it.

Yep. These people are still here. Hilarious.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

GW with GW2 graphics and action style combat.

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

I’m not buying anything else from anet. Not worth the $60.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I would like the next Guild Wars to be about lore and with a great focus on gameplay with a heavy emphasis on skill. It should have a mixture of gameplay that feels like a cross between console games and complex mmo’s via skill trees but then again as long as it’s actually fun then I don’t care. Also a focus where character gear and levels are completely absent so that it can focus on other important values. A game that focuses on it’s roots as well, the Guild Wars. Multiple factions at war vying for control, alliances and unholy alliances form up to fight against other powerful alliances/guilds. The nights should be dangerous and full of horrors, a game not only of skill but survival of the war torn world of Tyria over the devastation and wrath of the Elder Dragons. I would like it to feel like Skyrim merged with Dark Souls.

The story roughly takes place forty five years after the fall of Kralkatorrik, one of the last remaining elder dragons, the ones that cost the world nearly of three races, two of which fell. The Asura fell to the dragon of fire, Primdorus. Though the Asura were small, they gathered conjoining their greatest minds at Rata Sum, there they made there last stand. They constructed a magnificent device called the Ascension Sphere, a device that leached energy from it’s surroundings. The vast energy sphere called out to the elder dragon, Primdorus came as expected and the device was activated, for a brief moment, the Asura were the tallest race in Tyria.

Beneath the Forest he slept, waited… until the world was at it’s darkest moment. His eyes were all over Tyria. Watching, learning, exploring.. Planning. When he rose the grove fell to the dark and the earth shook and the mountains cried out. An unimaginable terror that became known as the Avatar of Fear. Nearly half of all the Sylvari turned, the corrupted wardens begun silently to corrupt the lands before their master rose. Everything the sylvari used their earth magic on poisoned the minds of those around them. When Mordramoth rose the Tarnished Coast became forsaken, with the minions of undeath and the wardens of corruption stalking the Maguuma. Mordramoth’s power could even reanimate decayed remains. While the dragon makes his way to Cantha he called for a new champion that now stands upon the Twisting Spire once known as the Grove. When he became the right hand champion of Mordramoth he sacrificed his soldiers, his commanders and raised them into undeath and marched upon the north where a great war was ravaging the lands. Among his People and the dying orders they cursed him as the Firstborn Betrayer.

When the Asura fell so did too their portals, their alchemy and all strange enigmatic devices by them were unresponsive. Cities were cut off from aid and the cities began to fall. Ebonhawk Was the first to fall to the betrayer during their rekindled conflict with the Charr, it was said though during their last moments that the remaining warring people of Ebonhawk stood together with the charr. Lord Samuelsson and the Imperator fought the betrayer together as the lands were seared again by the Flame legion as a desperate attempt to end both armies and to rid the world of this so called Betrayer. Their efforts proved fruitless for they were too weak and beaten to recreate such an event again. The Betrayer’s path started from the Crystal Desert where Kralkatorrik fell, through Ascalon and the Shiverpeaks through Lion’s Arch and the Bloodtide Coast back to the Tarnished Coast.

Where races became extinct such as the Asura and the Charr, new life has taken it’s turn to take action and make their mark on legend. The Tengu have opened their gates in effort to combat the nightmare’s creatures and to uphold their honour and debt to the Asura. With the Norn beaten back and nearly killed off from the war on two fronts, the spiritual people of Koda ally themselves with the Norn in the Far Shiverpeaks. From the Unending Oceans the Largos have sought out new challenge and have taken up refuge in the Tarnished Coast hunting and stalking the dark. Humanity’s is back to it’s former power they now range from Cantha all the way back to Elona. Palawa Joko is currently dealing with the Empire’s threat while trying to conquer Orr and the remaining undead wandering from the Tyrians and remaining Sylvari currently governing the ancient city and it’s surroundings.

Overall I believe this would be a great theme for a extraordinary story setting that could work in favour for ArenaNet. This is what I would like to see personally and it’s always fun reading what others would like to see, hope the devs are reading.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

(edited by Nightarch.2943)

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

in all honesty….and it pains me to say this but i do not think i would buy gw3…at least not at launch

this game was advertised, and promised to be very different than the incarnation it is today

i just do not think i could trust Anet to stay true to it’s promises

i do like gw2, but i do not LOVE gw2, if it were to re-release or if an expansion comes out, i would probably just move on from the game

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I want action bar increased to 13-
-Still used Weapon skill system, but each weapon has 3 sets of skills I can choose. each based on (Offense/Defense/Support-Utility). so 5 Weapon skills at a time
-1 healing skill
-3 utility skills
-1 Elite
-2 Racials
-1 Trinity skill (Heal/Tank/DPS)
===========

Trinity system in the game.

=======
Raid Dungeons 30 players max
======

Instanced PvP modes from 12-to- 100 players with controlled missions.

======

WvW mode with Keep capture, and Naval Combat, and Arial Combat

=======

More Stats in the game to match to.
=======

No levels. only Skill (not to be confused with Skill Points) discovery in the world.

=======

10 classes
==========

8 Races to play

=========

More Dragons and more Zone events.
==========

New World Event system similar to Meta events but across multiple zones it effects.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Gw2 success was onbehalf of gw1 reputation.

They sold away the reputation with false promises and turning their back on their target audience with an ethic worse than EA.

I don t think they will risk with a gw3 now that the title and anet name lost most of his appeal.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Chullster.3608

Chullster.3608

I would like GW3 to be GW1 updated.

It wont happen, and after getting so jaded with GW2, ending up not playing it anymore, I doubt I’d even buy GW3 as Anets reputation with me is now worthless.

I’m like that guy above in that I only come here in faint hope someone at the top of Anet has decided to turn the boat around and make GW2 what it (IMO) should be.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

“Guild Wars 3 takes everything you loved about Guild Wars 2 …”
More gambling, no guilds, space battles, more rainbow weapons, pony mounts.

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Good greif you people are like Sims fans OMG SIMS3 IS OUT WHAT DO WE WANT FOR SIMS 4 NOW !!!!!! give me a break…….

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Well.. considering they started working on GW2 back in 2007… ~~2 and 1/2 years after the original release … they could be abandoning GW2 next year for all we know.

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

I’d rebuy gw1 in a heartbeat if it had the visuals of gw 2 but gw 3 would just be a total waste.
I’d want the lore back, the enemies and of course: cantha.
Oh and for classes to mean something other than “why are you a ranger? switch to your guard/war/mes please.”

Knighthonor.4061

Gw2 success was onbehalf of gw1 reputation.

They sold away the reputation with false promises and turning their back on their target audience with an ethic worse than EA.

I don t think they will risk with a gw3 now that the title and anet name lost most of his appeal.

GW1 wasnt even a MMO. that same model wouldnt work in a MMO mode. Thats like making a Call of Duty MMO based on CoD FPS model. or better example would be like assuming a World of Warcraft would function like Warcraft RTS because of the ip.

GW2 is riding on the IP of GW1. thats all.

Many people that got GW1 were disappointed. most of the sell numbers came from hype of first time buyers over the media claiming its the first major AAA MMO from the west. Yet it wasnt a MMO at all. Just Online Co-op game.

Anet needed to build appeal again. remember their lead developer left mid way. that causes a lot of damage. also sites like GuildWars2Guru gave GW2 and Anet a bad rep due to the eliteism, and maybe some of those issues would have been addressed if we had a voice over on GuildWars2Guru when it was in development.

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Many people that got GW1 were disappointed. most of the sell numbers came from hype of first time buyers over the media claiming its the first major AAA MMO from the west. Yet it wasnt a MMO at all. Just Online Co-op game.

It’s funny how expectations work. Many of the people here saying they hate GW2 are comparing it to GW1; I never played the old one and am enjoying the new one perhaps because I don’t have anything to compare it to, and no expectations to be disappointed by.

These threads seem common in every MMO forum I visit… actually, less of it here than many other places.

Knighthonor.4061

It’s funny how expectations work. Many of the people here saying they hate GW2 are comparing it to GW1; I never played the old one and am enjoying the new one perhaps because I don’t have anything to compare it to, and no expectations to be disappointed by.

These threads seem common in every MMO forum I visit… actually, less of it here than many other places.

I think the comments you saw were regarding the instanced PvP and the Skill numbers. both of which are similar concepts to GW1.

But were half done compared to the past GW1 game. Thats a reasonable complaint, since the game uses a limited action bar system. Ot would make sense to have a large number of skills to use, so the system doesnt get boring after factoring the min/max.

Also the Instanced PvP is something lots of modern day MMOs have to compare to. and well its pretty lacking. Only 1 instanced PvP mode in the game but with different maps to disguise this flaw.

Posted by: Katre.1084

Katre.1084

I will not be buying any further GW games.

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’m not saying the complaints are invalid as I have no basis for making such a judgment. It’s more that companies set themselves up for this by making too many promises. Also, it’s easier to enjoy a game if you take it at face value rather than comparing it to what it might have or should have been, though I know too well how hard that is to do.

I may still be in the ‘honeymoon period’ but so far I find GW2 rich, varied and fun. Obviously everyone enjoys different things but I’m surprised that so many people have so many complaints, as I’ve only found a handful of annoyances in the time I’ve played so far.

Posted by: kineticdamage.6279

kineticdamage.6279

Same as a lot here. Not that I completely lost trust in ANet (manifesto stuff), but I would certainly not jump so fast into the hype now, and would wait for 2-3 monthes before buying anything.
Anyway, a third installment so close to second is completely unrealistic, and useless. MMORPGs are made to evolve over time. Content, mechanics, zones, all of these can fit into patches and XPACs. The only reason to have a whole new game would be a whole new engine, not new content / tweaks.

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

A dymanic world would be nice. And living story that actually feels important and meaty enough for me to care about would be good.

I like GW2, I just cant help thinking so much potential has been wasted. It had some great ideas, it has some great systems, but it failed to use them innovatively enough, and played it too safe. Living story really suffers from lack of decent writers and lack of grand vision. Its all too parochial, too localized and small scale to really grab people.

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

GW3 will be non-existent in at least 5 years.

The only reason why people dislike GW2 is because of their mentality. MMO players feel the need to always be rushing to endgame and to the best looking equipment all the while competing against people they don’t know IRL for said best loot. That is the only reason why there are champion train farms.

The manifesto for the most part has been provided in the game. It is the individual player’s fault that they can’t see it that way. It is a game. Treat it as such and you won’t have complaints. Honestly I think some people believe that they will play only one game for the rest of their life or something.

Given 5+ years and GW3 is even considered on the table I would just want it to never exist. GW2 is already good looking and patches can change everything. If you don’t play the game but are still on these forums then you just prove that this is the best MMO on the market and having false hopes on Wildstar will just make you come crawling back. Sub fee or a grind for more time? I think not!

Posted by: Chullster.3608

Chullster.3608

I’m not saying the complaints are invalid as I have no basis for making such a judgment. It’s more that companies set themselves up for this by making too many promises.

I bought GW2 not because of any promises made, no one with any sense should believe a promise made by a company, I bought GW2 as the principles/style of play/depth etc, whatever you want to call it, was perfect for me in GW1. So I was probably naive after so many other sequels expecting same thing from GW2.

I’ll still pop in here from time to time, hoping, but each time leaving disappointed.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’m not saying the complaints are invalid as I have no basis for making such a judgment. It’s more that companies set themselves up for this by making too many promises. Also, it’s easier to enjoy a game if you take it at face value rather than comparing it to what it might have or should have been, though I know too well how hard that is to

When i bought this game it was totally another game.
No stat grinding, a working economy and a collaborative community.

Exactly as was advertised.

Then a switch was made 3 months after the game was released.
All that was lost and now its the opposite.
Your point is invalid.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

1. Rangers better not be forced to have pets
2. Stealth should be very limited inside combat like most MMO’s (60sec CD, etc)
3. Classes with vastly different health and armor should not all have the same damage
4. WvW without enemy names and death spam is nothing but a bad placeholder for the next game that decides to include them.
5. If they make GW3 on the premise of no-grinding, then they really shouldnt add ascended anything, ever.
6. If they make GW3 on the premise of doing some dungeons, it should launch with a dungeon finder.
7. If they make GW3 on the premise that they dont want zerging, they need to encourage mechanics that benefit parties (ala private commander tags/raid groups/ party ONLY buffs).
8. If they make GW3 on the premise that WvW is important, launch with a WvW lobby and more than 2 different maps.
9. If they make GW3 on the premise that PvE is fun, include raid dungeons, not just outdoor zerg fests.
10. It will take a lot to pull any WvW player away from Camelot Unchained, so best of luck.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Like GW1.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

GW with GW2 graphics and action style combat.

If only haha

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

ANet has stated that the way the Living Story is… ultimately the world of GW2 will possibly change the world enough to feel like a whole new game, (i’ll find the source when i get on my laptop, phone surfing too slow). That being said, this game’s style is fantastic! Way better than GW1’s boring tank/spike crap. No invulnerability builds, no easy mode abilities/builds. However I do miss Underworld

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Monster Hunter(equipment upgrade mechanic) PLUS Dark Souls(battle mechanic) PLUS shadow of the colossus(boss battles) PLUS Guild wars 2 (maps) MINUS gw2 skill balance team(whack a mole) MINUS living story (bi-weekly play it or miss it forever) = GW3 that i wish for

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Monster Hunter(equipment upgrade mechanic) PLUS Dark Souls(battle mechanic) PLUS shadow of the colossus(boss battles) PLUS Guild wars 2 (maps) MINUS gw2 skill balance team(whack a mole) MINUS living story (bi-weekly play it or miss it forever) = GW3 that i wish for

I only played Shadow of the Colossus, but I hated it. It was too repetitive, kill a bunch of Colossi by climbing on them :p. You want that?

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

(edited by Warcry.1596)

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I would like it to actually take everything I loved about Guild Wars and put it into a persistent world.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’d like it to be a direct continuation of both GW1 & GW2 in story/setting…More sandbox/sandpark style gameplay, though. No more RNG garbage, no more ascended headaches….And of course, being able to tie our characters across the games together as ancestors/descendants for the story.

An engaging storyline with actual decisions to make that impact the world around the player (even if they utilize an advanced form of phasing)

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I won’t buy it, period. I won’t purchase another game by this company after the bait and switch that GW2 was.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Squeesidhe.4761

Squeesidhe.4761

I like GW2. I works pretty well for my play style and the amount of time I have to invest in games at this stage of my life.

I know that’s not a popular thing to say. But then that raise the question of why there are so many people loitering around on the forums of a game they dislike.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I would like it to be like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

Guild wars 2 take everything you love about guild wars 1, and put it into a persistent world.

^This is a big one. Don’t get me wrong though. I love gw2 but it get monotonous and stall faster than gw1 used to do 5 years ago. Its not only because of the game it self.
But i defiantly think they tried too hard to be innovative.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

I swear to god, I wouldn’t buy gw3 if it came out within the next 5 years.

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

But then that raise the question of why there are so many people loitering around on the forums of a game they dislike.

Think of it like the Classic Coke fiasco of the 80’s…a bunch of diehard pop jockeys yelling at passersby. Most people just felt sorry for them. :P

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

I would like GW3 to be… non-existent.

GW1 to GW2 was instanced to open-world. I cannot imagine what excuse could they give to create GW3 that I can accept and support.

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

Why is this thread still alive?

They said before this game launched that there would never be a GW3. Play GW2 or don’t play it and move on with your lives.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com