...included the core game as a free bonus ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

To clarify: $50 is the price of the expansion. We included the core game as a free bonus to make it easier for new players to get into it.

By the same logic, veteran players should get a free copy of HoT to make it easier to get into it.

Posted by: darkdomino.9578

darkdomino.9578

By that logic, I want a refund on the 2nd copy of the core game I didn’t want or ask for.

Fury of the Departed [Fury] – http://www.furyofthedeparted.net

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

By that logic, I want a refund on the 2nd copy of the core game I didn’t want or ask for.

Did you get it with The HoT+Core package? You should get a $40 refund IMO.
The core is $40. Bundled with the expansion it’s $50, making the expansion $10.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Did you get it with The HoT+Core package? You should get a $40 refund IMO.
The core is $40. Bundled with the expansion it’s $50, making the expansion $10.

The core was already down to $10 .. and with HoT it will simply be down to $00.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

You didn’t get a second copy, the bonus is only for new players. And even if you did, it’d have cost you 0$, for which you’d get a 0$ refund.

Posted by: Salonikios.3154

Salonikios.3154

So its better to make a new account than to UPGRADE my existing one?That i spend so much time to make ??
LOL what kind of logic is that mate????

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

The core was already down to $10 .. and with HoT it will simply be down to $00.

So the core GW2 went F2P, and anyone can play it freely without buying HoT?

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

So if I am an old player and decide to buy HoT fort 50€ I’ll only get HoT? Why is that? I want a 2nd account as well but HoT linked to my 1st one…

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

The price of gw2 atm is around 20e,The xp pack will cost 40 ? That’s including the core game,so what happens is,you’re paying again for the game you already bought and owned…The expansion pack is Worth 20 – 25e,but since it adds the core game you have to pay more ? Am i getting this right… ?

If so,why am i being forced to buy something i alredy own instead of releasing the xp seperate for a lower price? This smells of greed to me.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

The price of gw2 atm is around 20e,The xp pack will cost 40 ? That’s including the core game,so what happens is,you’re paying again for the game you already bought and owned…The expansion pack is Worth 20 – 25e,but since it adds the core game you have to pay more ? Am i getting this right… ?

You are getting it right but people will semantically spin it otherwise.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Since it costs you $0 sure why not!?

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

..its £34.99 for HoT with gw2 core included they are basicly giving it away for free anyway and HoT is £34.99 .

it includes all future living story expansions , could be new locations new map areas expanded after installing HoT, if they do add maps or new places like sun cove ect it’s well worth the cost.

guild halls , onther map proberly the same size as our current one which spans over 3-4 layers! its going to be bigger but will look like a smaller foot print on the screen.

if you want the classic MMO expansion method pay £30 and only get whats on the disc with no future living story content / game mini expansions fine.

HoT is worth £34.99 regardless if the Core game is there or not , it gives new players a better reason at a lower cost and convenience to get started.

dam all that game content for £34.99 just because you;ve already played gw2 core and think your getting ripped off thats not the case.

gw2 core is Free.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)