kitten

kitten

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: selfi.8709

selfi.8709

So I’m farily new (like I bought gw2 today new) and I noticed in forum posts that there is a trend using the term “kitten” for like everything, as verb, as adjective etc. Is this some kind of private joke?

kitten

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Try to swear.

Message Body length must at least be 15.

kitten

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

It’s the filter.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

kitten

Posted by: SandraSolace.7682

SandraSolace.7682

No, it’s actually used to replace “bad” words

Well, I guess it is kind of a joke.

kitten

Posted by: ombra.1987

ombra.1987

Profanity filter

kitten

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

No, it’s there to protect our all eyes and ears. If you want to curse either the forum automatically changes it to “kitten” or the users themselves use it in the first place.
So talking about how kitten something is, you can assume that someone is really kittened off (that one begins with a P and ends with a D^^) …

kitten

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Sometimes it is a filter sometimes it is people making a joke.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

kitten

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It’s a bit over sensitive and will nuke words that are not considered profanity.

For example acts of (kindness) without ( ) = acts okittendness.

The Burninator

kitten

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Yea I love when it censors “at” “its” because that might actually be an attempt at circumventing the filter.

kitten

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

kitten

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I know you are trying to be helpful and I appreciate it as I didn’t even know that thread existed. However, I’ll be honest, I’m too lazy to do that every time that happens. I just use ( ) it’s quicker.

The Burninator

kitten

Posted by: selfi.8709

selfi.8709

Ahhaha that’s such a good filter imo thx for infos

kitten

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I tried spelling something with the letters P and E right next to each other and it came up with the word kitten. It does seem to be funny because I guess if you try to spell anything with those two letters starting the word it doesn’t want you to spell 6th grader bad words either. LOL

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

kitten

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

Pencil is a bad word?

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

kitten

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

we all actually have a fetish for kittens

kitten

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

It’s a bit over sensitive and will nuke words that are not considered profanity.

For example acts o f (kindness) without ( ) = acts okittendness.

Because the filter is able to read those letters in sequence: F(ef)-K(kay)-I(eye)-N(inn)

See it?

That’s not the filter being overly sensitive, so much as it is that short term phrases for the whole words themselves are set to filter to avoid being nasty towards one another.

There are such ways to express one’s hate and dislike towards something without swearing up and down like a drunken sailor. I’ve learned that as I try to ween myself off the devil’s tongue that all too often curses my mouth. A person could mean the same of saying “She is such a horrible person” instead of the very crude “She’s a <insert noun curse word here>”. Same thing is meant in both, but the former has better context than the latter.

kitten

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

For example acts o f (kindness) without ( ) = acts okittendness.

Because the filter is able to read those letters in sequence: F(ef)-K(kay)-I(eye)-N(inn)

See it?

That’s not the filter being overly sensitive, so much as it is that short term phrases for the whole words themselves are set to filter to avoid being nasty towards one another.

There are such ways to express one’s hate and dislike towards something without swearing up and down like a drunken sailor. I’ve learned that as I try to ween myself off the devil’s tongue that all too often curses my mouth. A person could mean the same of saying “She is such a horrible person” instead of the very crude “She’s a <insert noun curse word here>”. Same thing is meant in both, but the former has better context than the latter.

No he’s right. Some word combinations, perfectly normal words, will get censored due to their ending letters and starting letters forming a curse word. Like the example he gave of and kindness becoming okittendness. Same with at and its becoming akittens. It has nothing to do with people trying to circumvent the filter.

kitten

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

The latest example I’ve noticed is, if you want to express that some rune-combination gives you a shorter boon-duration as another one… it gives less | boon-duration… kitten on-duration.

Seriously; to describe women that love women (is that even a bad word?) it would have on s too much.

On the funny side, I sometimes find myself using “kitten” while thinking, and being tempted to actually use the word even when there’s no filter. And that comes from a guy who almost never curses (and if I do, then not really bad).

Oh and I just remembered… our server’s forum… one person said “I’m a kitten” and another one replied something like “not sure if actual kitten or word so foul that it even got censored over here”.

kitten

Posted by: Torpian.9142

Torpian.9142

Some people like cats. Like the young lady in my short story below:

Every night before she would fall asleep, Cindy would lie on her bed and gently play with her kitten. It was always the same, the kitten was timid at first – shy to the touch, but the more she played with her kitten the more her kitten enjoyed it.

You see? Cindy likes her kitten.

Wardens of Myth, Tarnished Coast

kitten

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Some people like cats. Like the young lady in my short story below:

Every night before she would fall asleep, Cindy would lie on her bed and gently play with her kitten. It was always the same, the kitten was timid at first – shy to the touch, but the more she played with her kitten the more her kitten enjoyed it.

You see? Cindy likes her kitten.

Lmao.

Haha; I think I’ve read something similar to this before. ^^

kitten

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

You know your profanity filter is great when you can say asswipe but you can’t say afk(ing). GG Anet.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

kitten

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Thanks for answering this player’s question. As stated “kitten” is the forum filter word for certain bad words.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.