let our gear change stats anytime

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ascended-Gear-Anet-please-fix-this/first#post5173842

We are adding a system that lets you change the stats for your ascended gear (weapons and armor) next Tuesday – which will cost a combination of 10 spirit shards, piece you don’t want anymore, 5 ectos, and an exotic insignia of the stats you want to convert to. Legendary Gear will remain the gear that can freely change stats any time.

so, when is legendary armor and trinkets coming?
i dun wanna waste my time crafting ascended gear.

legendary armor
legendary back item
legendary ring 1
legendary ring 2
legendary accessory 1
legendary accessory 2

all can freely change stats.

everyone wants this.

make it happen.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

changed the topic.

come on, i’m sure everyone wants their gear to be able to change stats freely!

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I imagine the number of people who would actually change their stats is extremely small.

It’s a nice bonus, but not something pivotal to my game or anyone in my guilds

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Wow, I have been playing since Headstart and I have never even held a Legendary in my bags… Now ok, I don’t care for a legendary but I realy hope I would loot a precursor one day :P But I havent done that iether.

I wouldn’t mind to change stats whenever I want to but I don’t want other gear than Legendary to have this perk and I will not for the love of some god farm to get my hands on a one Legendary, now to get a whole set of Legendary no way in life I would think that to freely change stats whenever I want to would be worth it. Now ascended stuff is nice, and now as we get the option to change the stats quite cheap and easy I can equip atleast 1 character with full ascended just from crap ascended in my bank (I am so glad I saved them)! I am so happy!

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

WTH really? this is awesome, i have a few useless ascended box :p

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

Actually I’d love this. I often use a couple different builds with different stat distributions. I’ve had the mats for ascended armor for a while but I won’t craft anything so expensive that might be obsolete after a new patch.

Posted by: zoejo.2317

zoejo.2317

1. Not everybody wants that;
2. Some wanting isn’t an argument.

If a game gave you everything you wanted for nothing, it couldn’t even be called a game, as nothing would be an actual reaward.
Some things take effort (like the legendary’s ability to switch stats on the fly), that’s how it is. Put in the effort or live without it.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Some things take effort (like the legendary’s ability to switch stats on the fly), that’s how it is. Put in the effort or live without it.

sure.

but where are them?

legendary armor
legendary back item
legendary ring 1
legendary ring 2
legendary accessory 1
legendary accessory 2

none. nothing.

only legendary weapons with really ugly skins.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

sure.

but where are them?

legendary armor
legendary back item
legendary ring 1
legendary ring 2
legendary accessory 1
legendary accessory 2

none. nothing.

only legendary weapons with really ugly skins.

They’re not ugly? Maybe not to your taste, but ugly is most definitely not a word I’d associate with them. And if you find them all ugly, that’s the design style, so chances are you wont like the armour skins either

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it is extremely unfortunate that the stats changing feature is locked to legendary gear.

what a waste.

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

For 3 years you’ve been banging on about this. Let it go buddy.

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

And I would like a golden Unicorn!!!

Now grow up! Just because Legendary weapons, that cost a fortune to craft, offer you that luxury doesn’t mean that you should have this on anything. This is why they called Legendary!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

it is extremely unfortunate that the stats changing feature is locked to legendary gear.

what a waste.

What is a waste? That legendary armor can change stats on the fly? Or that Ascended armor will be able to have stats changed through some kind of craft/Mystic Forge system?

Or are you saying it is a waste of time to make Ascended armor because Legendary armor will maybe exist sometime in the future that has not been announced ever and we have no idea how far away it is and since maybe a year or two from now Legendary armor will be stats switchable, that nobody should waste their time crafting Ascended armor?

Just trying to understand your trolly ways.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

So .. 12.000 gold for a set of armor just to change your skins, and where in the end
everybody would look the same ?
And another 12.000 gold for stuff that isn’t even visible ?

Btw.: i can’t remember having changed the stats on my legendarys ever.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

There’s people out there who like grinding, absolutely not me but apparently there are people who do.

There’s also people out there who think that everything they have, nobody else should get cheaper: e.g. people with legendaries say: go grind for it, cause I had to grind for it aswell.

Then there’s people like Deimos and me, who think grind is a waste of time, because we don’t enjoy it, and would rather have the freedom to play the game as we want instead of grinding for gear stats.

Guess we’ll have to face it that there’s a lot more people in categories 1 and 2, and that ArenaNet itself thinks that locking everything behind a time grind is a good thing because it keeps people working for stuff, and so keeps people playing the game, and so keeps people buying stuff in the gem store.

TLDR
While I totally agree making every gear able to change stats, sort of like we can change traits at will now, would make the game A LOT better, there’s too many idiots who think the opposite. GG.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

If a legendary armor appear I’ll go make it, for sure, but with the new recipe to change ascended stats I don’t see much of a use now.

I’m so glad that I didn’t sell my useless ascended weapons, tomorrow will be a good day.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)