lost content you'd like too see brought back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kortas.7345

Kortas.7345

So I have got a few questions about content which was cut out of the game/never brought into the game:

• Will we ever get the old TA Path back? Arah has 5 Paths too so I don’t see the problem other than tweaking the last boss a little
  • Will we get the opportunity to play “Raid on the Capricorn” again? (I understand most people hate underwater content but at least make it playable in custom games more variety is always good)
  • Will we ever see the Fall of Abbadon Fractal?

What do you guys think and what else would you like to see return to the game? (SAB & LS S1 are obvious and will according to the devs return in some form)

(edited by Kortas.7345)

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

As long as the bring back SAB. I’m good.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: skillze.7689

skillze.7689

the 1st and 2nd halloween & tixx christmas events also marionette & the battle for lions arch events all these were really good events what i enjoyed about the marionette and battle for lions arch events so much was the repeatability of the events much like the silver waste boss events

Edited: forgot tower of nightmares

All had really good rewards that i would like to see come back and be more obtainable for new and vet players

(edited by skillze.7689)

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

They really need to bring as much of season 1 as they can within instanced or zoned content as well as TA F/U. Temporary content was not a revolutionary idea, it was a bad one.

Speaking of, why don’t they make more use of zoned content in general? It would make more sense to have a few different versions of Lion’s Arch maps dependent on where you are in the story. Kessex Hills also. This would be a good way for them to do a combination of how they handled LW1 and 2 for future seasons.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

1. SAB
2. SAB
3. SAB

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I would like to see Abaddon make a return to GW2 to wreak havoc. And at the same time, Anet put in some margonite themed armor gemstore sets.

Would also like to see a lot of the GW1 armors available in GW2. Especially the obsidian armors from the Fissure of Woe. Sure there’ll be players saying ‘zomg I worked so hard for that in GW1 and people can just buy it on gemstore in GW2’ or something along those lines, but to them I say this… GW2 is a separate game to GW1, and I myself have full obsidian armor on my ritualist in GW1 – things change, it’s in the past, and this is a different game, so build a bridge and get over it. We are lucky Anet have listened to us and brought back some skins (like Tormented weapons), and for that, I’m thankful, but I’d LOVE to see more of it.

Those celestial weapons from GW1 look awesome too. Probably wouldn’t match any armor, but never the less, they’d be nice Black Lion Weapon Skins.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I personally want the halloween event from GW2 year one back. I got robbed of getting that burning book back piece, i was running to the person to get the final piece and my game forced me off to update T.T

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

But Abaddon is dead…

I want to see Cantha brought into this game.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

All temp content that they removed. So much content that’s missing from the game for absolutely no reason, would give players more to do and increase the amount of people playing the game.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Tower of Nightmares is my favorite.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Molten Dungeon. Remove the jetpack as RNG reward if you want, it’s not my cup of tea anyway (and no… I don’t have one. Don’t want one).

I just liked the layout, difficulty, and length.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Marionette, Tower of Nightmares.

I quite liked the map attack but it needs a bit of fix

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

All the quirks on the low level maps before they genericised them all with the NPE

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

SAB
Old leveling
Old trait system
Robert Hrouda

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

-Old personal storyline reinstated, I do not mindthe NPE per se, though it’s slow and boring compared to the previous system.. well maybe just return it to it’s old progression as well, but leave the NPE rewards as the rewards are the sole improvement of the NPE upon the old levelling system. The rest is utter garbage and has been a total waste of the resources used to re-create it.
-Old trait system
-Acces to LS 1 as far as instanced content could go,
-Maybe rework tower of nightmares as a 5 or 10 man dungeon
-TA FW/UP (missing path)
-Reinstate marionette as world boss
-Town clothes as armor skins.
-Acces to season 1 Halloween book scav hunt, I had my galbladder removed and wasn’t up to playing the game at the time. It is the only thing in game I didn’t choose to get or ignore but was forced to miss…. I have managed to get the 1st one (the non burning one) but had no time farming the second when I was finally able to sit (and no I don’t have a laptop, and putting a destktop in my bed to play a game while still drowsy from anesthetics and/or painkillers is a good way to sponsor computer store owners -.- )

AND:

I woud like a way to view all personal and LS story movies in sequence. I do not even mind this being chapterized and so on so we can relive the life of our character:
prereq would be completion of 1) the personal story and 2) the episode(s) from LS 1 & 2 to view it in color with you as the first person, else put in 1 of the (not featured in dialogues) destiny’s edge group (for personal story) or a member of the second warband as the person (LS 1&2) in the main role and show the movie parts missing in black and white when the piece is not fulfilled. SO all people can experience why LA is a mess, kessex hills is littered with scrap, why there are toxic events everywhere, why the aetherblade JP exist and so on and so people starting now can find their way to Dry top and SW.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

1. My running animation.
2. My idle animations.
3. My outfit with shorts, sleeveless hoodie and short boots.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Focus on making dungeons Oo

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Will we ever see the Fall of Abbadon Fractal?

Very unlikely, seeing as that would totally remove the whole point of the vote, where it was very clear that the Fractal that lost would not be made.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Will we ever see the Fall of Abbadon Fractal?

Very unlikely, seeing as that would totally remove the whole point of the vote, where it was very clear that the Fractal that lost would not be made.

EDIT:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/264962-imo-arenanet-favors-evon-unfair/

Source to Abaddon won’t be created. (3th dev topic)

My own choices for bring back content:
- Marionette
- Marionette
- Marionette
- Wintersday JP
- Halloween JP

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

(edited by Guardian of Angels.9867)

Posted by: Kitty.6219

Kitty.6219

I would love to get instanced Living Story Season 1 content, get the halo hat-potion again, the Molten Dungeon stuff (with Jetpacks, please!), town clothes as skins for regular clothes, outfits that you could mix and paint the different areas as regular armor

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

There’s some stuff I miss, but the only thing that I think would really work coming back is SAB.

lordkrall.7241

You got a link to this, as far as I knew they said the chosen fractal would be implemented and the other one would be distributed later during the game (aka delayed, not canceled)

I’ll see if I can find it, but I seem to recall them being rather clear that the losing Fractal would not be created as opposed to simply coming later.

EDIT: Ah, saw your edit ^^ Thanks.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

1.Halloween Dungeon. As far as i remember, that one was pretty fun. Also had quite some luck with that particular dungeon chest

2.Missing TA path: more dungeon paths are almost always good

3.The Canthan Quarter in Divinity’s Reach. Because Cantha. And that arena just looks awful..

4.Capricorn Raid. Im all for more underwater content.

5.Does ‘Old Town Clothing System’ count? Cause i really miss that. Now i cant mix and match anymore and most of the time i just dont see the point of buying anything that is labeled as ‘Outfit’

The thing i would definitely not miss if it stays away forever: SAB and all the horrible skins and effects related to it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I would like to see Liadri back. I was playing Wildstar last time she was here.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

I would like to see Liadri back. I was playing Wildstar last time she was here.

I want all this bosses back. They were actually really good at testing your skills.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I would like to see the Ancient Karka event return now that lag seems to be less of an issue with full servers – maybe by transforming Southsun into a map similar to Silverwastes or Drytop based around defeating it.

Same for the Breachmaker fight in some form.

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

I missed most of LS1 as I had to stop playing for a while so I haven’t got a clue who these strange people are who follow me around Dry Top and the Silverwastes calling me boss.
It would be nice to play some instances or something to fill in the story.

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

It’d be fun to do the giant Karka every now and then. Like once a month, not too often.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

well… id like to have everything back the NPE took from me..like the missing story, the certainly more interresting starter zones and my dignity

Id also love to do the marionette again…but the vinewrath is already close to it so i can live without it.

Another thing id love to see is the tower of nightmares…i never saw it in its full glory and im extremely curios of how that event was.

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I had a lot of fun in the Labyrinthine Cliffs during the Festival of the Four Winds, I would definitely like to play in that area again.

The Crown Pavillion was fun too, I had just started playing GW2 at the time so probably now I’d be better at it. :-)

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Basaltface.2786

I had a lot of fun in the Labyrinthine Cliffs during the Festival of the Four Winds, I would definitely like to play in that area again.

The Crown Pavillion was fun too, I had just started playing GW2 at the time so probably now I’d be better at it. :-)

you can be certain that the pavillion is gonna come back in the future…but the cliffs…i really dunno. Afterall the zephites really got rekt hardcore and even one of the aspect masters died and the leader dude bit the dust too :\

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I want the clockwork nightmare (I think that what it was called?) back, the one when the clockwork spawn in a single map and it become a group zerg fest to complete it!

I don’t care how it was lagging it was for some and unlike some people, I liked being in a zerg. I made some much loots out from it!

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

SAB.

Also the ability to jump while performing another emote, similar to very early GW2 days (headstart and not long after), such as while your toon was sitting, kneeling, sleeping, etc.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

1) SAB – obvious #1
2) Molten Facility (but only if jetpack is available to drop again)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

Lost Shores and SAB Id do both all day every day.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

Apparently SAB is on its way back. I do wish it would come back and STAY back though instead of just being a temporary thing. I invested in one of those infinite continue coins and I’ve been feeling kind of cheated with regards to that. The following GW2 Wiki post discusses some things that have been mentioned by A-Net as being planned but with no specific release date or details:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

Super Adventure Box is on the list.

lordkrall.7241

The wiki is edited by the community though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also keep in mind that SAB have been on that page since it was around last time, which was over a year ago.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Yeah, I’d say SAB should be available more than once a year.

Posted by: SorionHex.1327

SorionHex.1327

Super. Adventure. Box.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Moa racing! And more coordinated events spread out across maps, like this one: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_Scarlet (just don’t let champs drop loot, so people actually complete the events).

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

A reworked Marionette would be nice. Though in reflection I was fighting that thing without megaservers, so might be easier now.

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

PaxTheGreatOne stole my list…

I really miss the old leveling and old traits systems, and would LOVE the marionette boss back as a world event (just have a team rebuild her from the scrap heap in Lornar’s Pass).

Basaltface.2786

I really miss the old leveling and old traits systems, and would LOVE the marionette boss back as a world event (just have a team rebuild her from the scrap heap in Lornar’s Pass).

skritt messing with the remains and making the completely beat up and jury-rigged remains go haywire while it attracts the steam creatures to charge its death ray once again. That actually would make a funny world boss to be honest.

Posted by: Wolfe.9850

Wolfe.9850

I admit I would love to see the Molten Alliance Dungeon come back. That was fun. Although as for a lot of people complaining about wanting old LS Season 1 stuff back in instanced form. As I recall they stated when they kicked off Season 2 that at some point they did/do intend to bring the LS Season 1 as something you can purchase from the Gem Shop, its just that as it wasn’t designed with the same system kitten they apparently need to rework some things. That said it would be nice to see at least the non-holiday oriented Event Dungeons to come back.

I’d also personally like to see the old racial Town Clothes be Outfits rather than a Tonic. It just seemed lazy and kinda stupid to me. I mean the Cook Outfit changes based on Race, so why couldn’t they do this?

I’m ok with the Personal Story access bit, that’s not so bad. Wait I dislike is how they re-organized things. The cleansing of Orr coming at Lv 70 and the stuff which we do get at Lv 80 (Zhaitan aside) is out of order, doesn’t make as much sense, and to me it takes away from the dramatics of the whole thing. Not to mention that now there are NPC’s present at the Lv 70 PS that you don’t actually even MEET until what is now Lv 80.

skritt messing with the remains and making the completely beat up and jury-rigged remains go haywire while it attracts the steam creatures to charge its death ray once again. That actually would make a funny world boss to be honest.

When in doubt, Skritt.

Basaltface.2786

I admit I would love to see the Molten Alliance Dungeon come back. That was fun. Although as for a lot of people complaining about wanting old LS Season 1 stuff back in instanced form. As I recall they stated when they kicked off Season 2 that at some point they did/do intend to bring the LS Season 1 as something you can purchase from the Gem Shop, its just that as it wasn’t designed with the same system kitten they apparently need to rework some things. That said it would be nice to see at least the non-holiday oriented Event Dungeons to come back.

I’d also personally like to see the old racial Town Clothes be Outfits rather than a Tonic. It just seemed lazy and kinda stupid to me. I mean the Cook Outfit changes based on Race, so why couldn’t they do this?

I’m ok with the Personal Story access bit, that’s not so bad. Wait I dislike is how they re-organized things. The cleansing of Orr coming at Lv 70 and the stuff which we do get at Lv 80 (Zhaitan aside) is out of order, doesn’t make as much sense, and to me it takes away from the dramatics of the whole thing. Not to mention that now there are NPC’s present at the Lv 70 PS that you don’t actually even MEET until what is now Lv 80.

When in doubt, Skritt.

Yup.. and the marionette would so look messed up and kept together by stupid stuff like wood planks, junk and ropes. Alone that sight would make it worth it. Just imagine the thing twitching and thrashing all over the place..spinning its head and collapsing for a moment before raising up again like a zombie. Id love to see this mess XD.