more revealing clothing?

more revealing clothing?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

I think the important thing to note here is that there already is revealing clothing in the game, just not very much of it. So for those that like it, more options would be appreciated. For those that don’t like it, well it’s already in the game, so I doubt it would hurt you anymore then it is now. (pic 1)

For my Norn Guardian, I got the most revealing clothes I could because 1) I’m a straight guy who loves sexy women, and 2) You can see my star tattoos better. I especially like the little ones on the upper thigh. My guardians name is Jen Nova, so I have a star theme going on here. Full armor with helmet on would make Norn tattoos pretty pointless. (pic 2)

As far as practicality or immersion: There is no blood or mud in the game. You never get dirty, and even when your armor is broken it always looks sparkling brand new. Also, my toon is a barbarian to some humans in a way, so my ways would not neccessarily be your ways. Think about that before you judge.

I realise also that with my helmet on, I am leaving the most vulnerable organs open to attacks. That is why I have a shield, and Aegis ;D (pic 3)

Attachments:

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

The problem all us gamers have is we have a bunch of old grumpy people sitting after their bingo match that wants to decide what what is good for us. From what i gather our US gamers have quite a silly rating system. The thing is tho do us gamers really care about ratings. Just look out there these days you got games like most of the shooters out there being played by young kids even tho ratings are 17+

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Because my cats lay on their backs when they want me to rub their belly? DUHHHH?

Oh. Your cats are weird then. My cat hates it when I try to rub his tummy, which stinks because his tummy is ultra-soft.

Anyways, my point is: charr nipples aren’t visible, they’re buried in the fur. There’s an easy way to verify this, just look at their chest. If they were visible, the “cloth bra” wouldn’t be large enough to cover them anyways since cat nipples are more spread out than that. :P

This leads me to believe that the cloth bra’s only actual function is to help remind players that their charr is a female. Because there’s no reason a charr would employ a human dress method that it doesn’t actually need. At least not that I can think of. Maybe there’s some other reason? Devs? Please provide some conclusive information on the subject of fem charr chests, please! Inquiring kittens want to know.

(bet they never expected to be asked that)

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

For example: Why the heck do charr females have a “breast cloth” when they clearly have no breasts, and thus no actual reason to conceal their chests?

She may not have breasts, but there are rows of visible nipples there as with all felines.

Er, no, their mammary glands are hidden under the fur.

No reason to cover something that we can’t see to begin with.

But I can see my kitties nipples all the times

Very much possible in short hair breeds. Y’know, the ones Charr are modeled after?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

from what i have seen girls like seeing their characters in revealing clothing more than the guys do.

what has this world come to?

more revealing clothing?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

from what i have seen girls like seeing their characters in revealing clothing more than the guys do.

Why do straight guys want to run around as a bulging, rippled He-Man? It’s an ideal I guess. In some cases, it’s what we would like to be. It’s fantasy.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Why do straight guys want to run around as a bulging, rippled He-Man? It’s an ideal I guess. In some cases, it’s what we would like to be. It’s fantasy.

Yeah, but what about those that play female characters? You would expect their fantasy would involve more revealing clothing.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Akira.7508

Akira.7508

when did they change the arah armor? what did it look like before the change?

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

I have a particular styalised way I like my female toons to look. I want them to represent their classes but in the case of heavy armour I don’t want them to look like a tin can, concurrently I don’t want my light armour wearers to look like potato sacks.

In particular the Sylvari have glowing animations. You NEED less armour to see it.

Honestly this is more political than anything else. I don’t want people in bikinis and realistically, if you care about the game, who does? So do we really have to get on the bandwagon about objectification issues.

It’s a family game and ArenaNet knows this and will cater for this audience.

So settle the kitten down and let us create some toons which actually look fashionable.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Laufey.5129

Laufey.5129

Reply to Laufey.5129

Some examples above are way Anet used to limit tone down sexuality in game.

As for you not liking sexualized clothing on women. This is the most basic insistent for the human race. People are attracted to the opposite sex or sometimes same sex.

I think there are still plenty of revealing “armors”. I’m glad not all of them are like that.

I don’t enjoy sexualized clothing on men either and that’s not because I’m not attracted to men. (I’m only referring to video games, of course. In real life, everybody’s free to dress however they wish to and I won’t mind.)

The point is that nobody ever asks for “sexy male outfits” and I’m tired of seeing female characters run around in what looks like underwear for no reason other than giving some people something to ogle.

The funny thing here is that the only reason some races feel sexualized is because of their underwear in the first place.

For example: Why the heck do charr females have a “breast cloth” when they clearly have no breasts, and thus no actual reason to conceal their chests? I can’t imagine it’s a habit they’d pick up from humans because they HATE humans, and I doubt they trade fashion statements with Norn. And it’s been stated there are no nipples, either, so that’s not the reason. Why conceal your chest, then, if you’re not concealing anything? It’d be like putting a bra on your cat’s chest,: you’re not covering anything, and you only seem weirder to everyone else because you felt the need to cover it up in the first place.

Similarly: the Sylvari are plants, what purpose does underwear serve? I know they’re meant to resemble human biology and thus have “plant parts”, but the act of sex is very likely meaningless to them. It’s not even known if they gain any form of “pleasure” from it, and they can’t breed in this fashion, so it’s left in doubt if they actually gain anything from the act. And their relationships often form regardless of gender so it’s not likely that, sans underwear, there’d be tons of sylvari out there “flaunting their bodies” for mates, given how pure in spirit the sylvari are established to be for the most part (except the Nightmare Court, but honestly I’m not even sure they’d be doing that sort of thing). By wearing “plant underwear”, they’ve added sexuality to characters who honestly have no attachment to it.

And lastly: Why, in the name of the Six, do Asura females wear “jumpsuits” for underwear? This isn’t a sexuality thing, it’s just WEIRD. And I don’t have the foggiest idea how they’d remove them, either, because they’re skintight and don’t have any visible zippers, latches, or such things. Are they “magitech jumpsuits” that just fall off when the asuran female strokes it a certain way, or what? Seriously, I’d never even ask myself about how an asuran gets busy if they didn’t wear such absurdly impractical-looking underwear. ._.

I agree with all of that. Especially the Charr. Those were some fairly ridiculous design decisions. :-/

(edited by Laufey.5129)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

When i read topics like these and i see tons of boys playign and talking about a female character only need to run on kitten mode, i only assume you dont have girlfriends or wife.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

As a female asura, i rejoiced when i found the winter town outfit actually had a skirt and made me look feminine. I am tired of only having male clothes on asura toons.

So much this T_T I don’t mind having the option to be wearing neutral clothing but I’d like some more feminine options on my Asura

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

Maybe each class should have their profession’s armour? Kind of like the orders have their own skins, the races have 3 sets. Profession armors could be in line with T2-3 cultural, vanity item.

Ranger: Just copy elite druids from Gw1, make male equivalent of the female’s armor by giving them a Tarzan-ish look
Engi: I never got a feel of that class, I can’t comment
Tief: Randomly select any assassin armour in GW1, maybe add some sleeves and leg coverage if necessary. But I expect a thief to look sleek and assasin-like, not like he is about to build a turret.
Ele: Some kind of whirling winds, water or flames (kind of like COF, but moar fire) being the majority of the armour would be nice?
Warrior: Sparta.
Guardian: Maybe something that could vaguely remind us of the Monk’s look in GW1?
Mesmer: A dress / suit with an excessive amount of feathers, crystals and lace.

About Charr, I think Anet humanised them too much all together, so the breast cloth is not surprising.

1- When they sit, they should sit like cats. The human sitting posture looks very awkward on them.

2- Their cultural armour should be VERY revealing, it would be the only way to tastefully show off their fur patterns. And, they are beasts, not fragile humanoids. Can you even begin to imagine how they feel in a trench coat with their body 100% covered Swimming?!

This is a GW1 Charr, looking more appropriately: http://fr.guildwars.com/images/uploads/charr2.jpg

3- What happened to the entire idea of the rangers being attuned to the nature? I do not feel very attuned to the wilderness dressed like i’m about to take the subway to work. What happened to the lovely branch/leaf/hide armors we had in GW1? We had noth revealing and not revealing types, but they looked a lot more “nature friendly” than what we have now.

(edited by Hantu.2815)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Hikaru.2463

Hikaru.2463

when did they change the arah armor? what did it look like before the change?

You can check out the Arah heavy armor before the change in the attachment. Also the exotic karma armor was different before as well.

Attachments:

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Because it’s stupid, why would female warriors on the frontline of battle run around in a metal bikini? Go back to TERA if you want that kind of stuff.

There is nothing realistic about this game. Magic on armor, will protect any metal bikini players.

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

When i read topics like these and i see tons of boys playign and talking about a female character only need to run on kitten mode, i only assume you dont have girlfriends or wife.

This is about making our characters stylish. And not trying to turn them into some sex symbol. I want to collect different types armor to dress my characters in “Cool, sexy, normal armors”.

I never said that this post is exclusive to female armor. I want to see male players running around like Conan too. And more normal body types for men also.

And other peoples girlfriends are none of your concern.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

To be honest, I fitted out my elementalist with the skimpiest armour skins I could find, ended up with armour made from 5 different sets but she shows more skin than anyone else on the battlefield. Downside is I had to compromise and leave the arms covered

more revealing clothing?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

, i only assume you dont have girlfriends or wife.

But you don’t assume it’s by choice. When I hear about gamers with gf’s or wives, I assume their significant others are making plans to trade up behind your backs, because they’d rather get some sweet lovin or help with the kids, but you are too busy judging strangers on a forum.

In short, you assume too much, and you know what happens when you assume…

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

And that matters how, exactly?
Besides, I cannot imagine people who come on forums only to flame, troll or insult others, to have an “ideal” social life either.

Because it’s stupid, why would female warriors on the frontline of battle run around in a metal bikini? Go back to TERA if you want that kind of stuff.

So, if our characters are supposed to be wearing armour to, you know, protect them? Why should it be revealing?

Most MMOs I’ve played ( TERA was really bad about it ) had this strange receding armour the higher level you became, so high level females went into battle in metal bikinis. If heavy plate armour looks like a bunch of strings, you’ve officially ruined immersion. That’s the point of a ROLEPLAYING GAME, no? Immersion?

It’s not like people couldn’t handle the skin, it’s just not necessary and doesn’t make any sense.

This argument is terrible.
We are playing a FANTASY game, what’s so hard to understand about that?
Realism or logic should not be of any concern, especially in the aesthetic department.

I am already able to rush into battle with bright pink, spiked armor worn by a cow-cat in this game, so why prevent me from doing the same in a metal Bikini and high heels worn by a tall snow lady? Both of these examples are impractical and illogical.
Additionally, it’s still YOU who decides how your character looks like. If you want to look “practical” or “real”, go ahead, the game has plenty of options for that., but don’t try to force your “selective realism” on others.

Some more arguments for more varied (e.g. revealing) armors/clothing:
- This game is basically all about getting aesthetics and armor, so we simply need MORE
- Revealing clothes can be done for men too, it does not bother me nor can I imagine that other male players are bothered. So, we get that sexism accusation right out of the way.
- Even revealing clothes, high heels, etc. can be done classy and not cheap. The artists’ skills are required here.

(edited by Hellmood.2097)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I personally got nothing against “revealing” armor, but I don’t want my char to have to wear it. For example the masquerade set is awesome but I can not imagine my mesmer going out to kill something in this outfit. More options for every taste would be really cool but I think they only have certain resources for their skin-designers. So I would rather vote for “sexy” but not to skimpy armorstyles instead of wanting A-Net to make everyones char look like he/she is from some strange B-movie action film.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: AmarienS.7514

AmarienS.7514

Lol the non-edited Arah armour took me by surprise and in my personal opinion it looks terrible,not that the live version is that much better. I don’t mind revealing heavy armour,so long as non revealing options exist as well. What I do mind on heavy armour,however, are the stupid boob cups,it just looks funny.Fine,show their breasts,but please, on non revealing armour,stop making ridiculous circles around them,it just looks funny. If anything,I think the Vigil and Order of Whispers heavy chests look pretty good.

more revealing clothing?

MrMacAndCheese.3907

What I do mind on heavy armour,however, are the stupid boob cups,it just looks funny.Fine,show their breasts,but please, on non revealing armour,stop making ridiculous circles around them,it just looks funny.

Breasts are very sensitive, and need protection. Why do you want to squash them flat, with no support, and pretend they aren’t there? Your remarks confuse me.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Weren’t several people mentioning that you should not put too much logic on armor stlyes? To protect them completely and to cover your belly and legs would be very sensible in this case too. :P

I really had to add this :

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: AmarienS.7514

AmarienS.7514

What I do mind on heavy armour,however, are the stupid boob cups,it just looks funny.Fine,show their breasts,but please, on non revealing armour,stop making ridiculous circles around them,it just looks funny.

Breasts are very sensitive, and need protection. Why do you want to squash them flat, with no support, and pretend they aren’t there? Your remarks confuse me.

But does it make sense to have coconut cups? How does that offer more defense?Like human heavy armour t2,it just looks silly with how they’re made to pop out.It’s not even attractive

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

there should be female warrior armor like this lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=pES8SezkV8w&NR=1

(edited by tom.7468)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Not sure if man.
Or really flat-chested woman.

Rule with Anime generally is; “If you have to ask, it’s probably male.”

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Ideally I think there should be a good balance of revealing and non-revealing armour for all armour-types, to give people the choice. There should also be just as many revealing options for male-characters too (Which GW2 does better than most other MMOs, I’ll admit).

I mean as a gay guy, it can get infuriating when developers churn out all these overly-revealing armour-skins for women so straight guys can drool over them, but then I only get tin-can armour, at least there’s some options in this game to actually see some skin on men, but yus, equality and all that.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

I have always enjoyed GW1 and now 2 because Anet has not foisted the conventions of society upon their games. Women/Men have no “roles”, you see as many Female soldiers as you do male herbalists and cooks.

Alternate reality games need not follow the conventions/restrictions of real societies. That is the joy of them.

Shame of showing the body has to be taught. It is not inherent. Until judo/christianity forced the concept of original sin upon most of the world, there was not this idiot idea that bare breasts meant “vessel of sin” Many cultures had no issues of sexuality regarding bare skin until it was forced upon them by various religions. Cultures had less issues with homosexuality as well.

What offends me, far more deeply than any glimpse of skin, is the attitude that people feel free to label and judge based upon looks in a Video game. I’m 56, I don’t wear leather panties and boots to run to the convenience store. Actually, never worn such a thing in my life. Yet.. my char does in game, so, people feel free to either accuse me of being some vile little man abusing myself, or, if they admit I might be female, is obviously trolling for a little ERP action.

Grow up people. Stop skittening like 12 year olds over a bit of side breast, stop giggling over asexual sylvari being “lesbians”, stop assuming that the religion imposed garbage of our civilization has to be imposed upon Tyria.

sorry for wall of text.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Bonefield.9813

Bonefield.9813

Ideally I think there should be a good balance of revealing and non-revealing armour for all armour-types, to give people the choice. There should also be just as many revealing options for male-characters too (Which GW2 does better than most other MMOs, I’ll admit).

I mean as a gay guy, it can get infuriating when developers churn out all these overly-revealing armour-skins for women so straight guys can drool over them, but then I only get tin-can armour, at least there’s some options in this game to actually see some skin on men, but yus, equality and all that.

Yep. I’m all for revealing armor, but I dislike huge design disparity between male and female armor sets. If the male set is fierce and intimidating, the female set ought to be, too. If the female set is flamboyant or sexy, the male set should reflect the same themes. The fact that characters are so strictly gendered in MMOs is baffling to me, and I wish we had the option to choose to wear any version of a skin on our characters, to use the animations of the opposite gender, to have most hairstyles available to both males and females, ect.

(edited by Bonefield.9813)

more revealing clothing?

Oglaf.1074

I wish we had the option to choose to wear any version of a skin on our characters, to use the animations of the opposite gender

O_O

Jesus H Christ on a pogostick, dude…

Do you even lift, bro?

more revealing clothing?

Bonefield.9813

The fact that characters are so strictly gendered in MMOs is baffling to me, and I wish we had the option to choose to wear any version of a skin on our characters, to use the animations of the opposite gender, to have most hairstyles available to both males and females, ect.

O_O

Is it that weird? Yeah, you’d see some people walking around with some bizarre armor and character customization choices just because they think it’s funny, but I don’t think it’s any different than the players who make asura with giant pink afros and max every slider, or who dye their giant norn males entirely in pastel pink and green.

And being able to choose animations would be nice because the current sets all reflect a certain personality type based on gender. If you’ve got a female human who would be more likely to stand around cracking her knuckles rather than putting her hands on her hips or swinging back and forth, you’re out of luck.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Personally, I have no problem with having skimpy armor options so long as they are actually options (as opposed to the only, or the predominant, choice), and that they are well-balanced with other options both within, and across, genders. And by well-balanced, I don’t mean there has to be a 1:1 ratio. I do mean that if you have (making up numbers here) 14 armor sets, and 13 of them show most of a female character’s skin but leave the male completely covered, that’s not balanced. And that’s the situation I think many people object to, and that Arenanet has tried to avoid with the armor options in GW2. I actually think they might have tipped the balance a little too far; I like trenchcoats a lot, sure, but my main (a female ranger) is wearing the duelist’s set. But I still very, very much appreciate their efforts at avoiding the sexualization of female characters in the game.

And also, I agree with @Bonefield. I wouldn’t say it’s terribly important to me, but it would certainly present more options.

The fact that characters are so strictly gendered in MMOs is baffling to me, and I wish we had the option to choose to wear any version of a skin on our characters, to use the animations of the opposite gender, to have most hairstyles available to both males and females, ect.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

more revealing clothing?

Oglaf.1074

O_O

Is it that weird?

A male Norn.

In drag.

Using female Norn animations.

“Weird” wouldn’t even begin to describe it.

Do you even lift, bro?

more revealing clothing?

Bonefield.9813

O_O

Is it that weird?

A male Norn.

In drag.

Using female Norn animations.

“Weird” wouldn’t even begin to describe it.

No weirder than a tiny beluga whale dressed as a pirate and demanding candy. :P

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

I’m more in favour of allowing more scant options for males, so they have as many options as females, the whole giving males female animations and hair options, not so much, I mean males are still males. Perhaps giving them the more gender-neutral ones, but firmly-feminine ones? Would be a bit odd. Much more odd than an adorable quaggan pirate.

(edited by Ridley.3691)

more revealing clothing?

Oglaf.1074

That is not weird.

It is aaaaaaawdorable.

“Coo! Qwaggan is piwate!”

Do you even lift, bro?

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: phlemhacker.1372

phlemhacker.1372

This is something that has always annoyed me. The clothing your wear, should ideally not reflect who you are as a person, be it a thong, or a trench coat, just because that may be what you are wearing does not mean that you are a kitten or not. Many cultures past and present wear nothing more than an thong, and nobody finds them kittenty or sexualized, that is just they way they are/were. That said, in this country anyway, it has been drilled into our heads that sexy clothing and skin automatically makes you an immoral kitten.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Unfortunatley, games don’t roll that way, so I figure it’s better just to avoid the problem all together.

Maybe they should.

I’d love to see some of the skimpier armors from GW1 come back, as they showed off both men and women. Heck, they even put batnips on one of the paragon male armors.

Right now, there’s very little way to show off the bioglow on my male sylvari mesmer. That’s a bummer, since I spent a lot of time in chargen designing him and can’t really show off his glow or body patterns.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

There are revealing clothing in this game, just most of them are used to death.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

Pirlipat.2479- awesome video XD

As many people have said, there has got to be choice when it comes to revealing armours. I want to have the ability to choose between tin can and metal swimwear for all my characters, regardless of gender, in equal amounts. After all, you have the options for skin pattern and tattoos, and most of the time you don’t see them.

I’m female, but I have some male clothing, If you look at fashion today, female clothing tries to copy male clothing- boyfriend shirts/ jeans etc, with the only difference being a stitch that slightly alters the shape and a much heftier price tag.
Cross dressing could be slightly difficult to model for the chest pieces, but for everything else it should be easy- I like the idea tbh, because it gives choice, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to (Just as long as there’s a marker saying which one it’s originally meant for so I don’t accidentally buy the wrong set to the one I want) And it’ll fit with Charr lore and human characteristics.

That said, make the armour tasteful and in line with the styles set in the game, not just something out of an Ann Summers catalogue. It’s a fine line.

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

There are revealing clothing in this game, just most of them are used to death.

If you read the kittening title before the mod changed it. You would know the title of the post was “Whats wrong with more relieving clothing.”

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Dat Norn female outfit.
With that waistcoat sensually sliding down over the left buttcheek.
And that string showing…
Well, it’s a choice to look like, you can just slap a transmutated item on the leggings and pling.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: icbleu.1629

icbleu.1629

Personally, I don’t know why there isn’t a bunch of underwear and skimpier armor skins in the cash shop. That’s the kind of thing that’s purely aesthetic and people spend ridiculous amounts of money on. It’s also VERY cheap to produce.

I agree. I’d love to purchase awesome, cute and yes, even skimpy items in the cash shop. It’d be great to have a choice. Instead, I am doing the opposite: scanning the cash shop in a desperate bid to find something to cover myself up with. Much like in RL, some days I just don’t feel like seeing my butt cheeks flapping in the wind as I run around doing stuff.

Having a choice in what I wear, like the male avatars have, would be welcome.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

The point is that nobody ever asks for “sexy male outfits” and I’m tired of seeing female characters run around in what looks like underwear for no reason other than giving some people something to ogle.

There are people who ask for sexy male outfits. Many fantasy games have revealing armor, so you’ll be seeing that a lot. Perhaps you should play something else if you don’t like seeing it.

There are many people, male and female with husband/wives who would like revealing clothing. People’s relationship status should not matter and are not your concern.

Grow up people. Stop skittening like 12 year olds over a bit of side breast, stop giggling over asexual sylvari being “lesbians”, stop assuming that the religion imposed garbage of our civilization has to be imposed upon Tyria.

People love bringing real life problems into a fantasy world. This is some people’s escape, a hobby to get away from reality, yet somehow real life problems find their way in.

People don’t give a skritt about the violence (in this game or other games), but when it comes to something sexual, something sexy like revealing armor, people complain and whine.

It’s funny when girls say that it’s sexist, even though a female designed the outfits.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: icbleu.1629

icbleu.1629

People don’t give a skritt about the violence (in this game or other games), but when it comes to something sexual, something sexy like revealing armor, people complain and whine.

It’s funny when girls say that it’s sexist, even though a female designed the outfits.

News Flash: Sexy isn’t my clothing. My clothing doesnt give consent, or ask you to be my lover. Being sexy is a state of mind and a way of communicating. Expressing the desire to not be forced to run around half naked has very little to do with sexiness.

Also, the gender of the armor designer doesn’t make the reality of being forced to be half-clothed “okay”.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

News Flash: Sexy isn’t my clothing. My clothing doesnt give consent, or ask you to be my lover. Being sexy is a state of mind and a way of communicating. Expressing the desire to not be forced to run around half naked has very little to do with sexiness.

Also, the gender of the armor designer doesn’t make the reality of being forced to be half-clothed “okay”.

Exactly how are you being “forced”?

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

News Flash: There’s these items called Transmutation Stones which allow players to combine two weapons or pieces of armor, gaining a desired aesthetic look from one piece, and a desired set of statistical modifiers from the other. So nobody is forced to run around half naked.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

Reply to Laufey.5129

Some examples above are way Anet used to limit tone down sexuality in game.

As for you not liking sexualized clothing on women. This is the most basic insistent for the human race. People are attracted to the opposite sex or sometimes same sex.

Apparently you missed all those centuries of women and men clothing being conservative. Sexualization via clothing isn’t inherent. It’s a learned society behavior. Just like some cultures breasts are merely to feed babies while in others they are dirty. Attraction has zip to do with clothes….

As far as actual clothing is considered there is PLENTY of clothes that show off skin you must be blind to think otherwise.

more revealing clothing?

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

This is about making our characters stylish. And not trying to turn them into some sex symbol. I want to collect different types armor to dress my characters in “Cool, sexy, normal armors”.

I never said that this post is exclusive to female armor. I want to see male players running around like Conan too. And more normal body types for men also.

And other peoples girlfriends are none of your concern.

Sexy doesn’t mean naked though. Plenty of clothing can be sexy without it exposing every inch of skin except nipples and kitten. Skin doesn’t equal sexy. I have no idea how our society got that impression at all.

Here is some examples of sexy done right;
http://hautegamer.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/wizard_diablo_drawing.jpg

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2012/march/fanart-1246-full.jpg

http://img.wonderhowto.com/img/66/34/63451549960720/0/sign-up-play-diablo-3-beta.w654.jpg

All of this? Is a very similar style to what anet already has in game. There is zero reason to add thongs and nipples coverings in this game. It’d only cheapen it. I’m tired of cheap feeling games. I can’t be the only person who finds skin tight jeans/leathers incredibly sexy.

more revealing clothing?

Onshidesigns.1069

I think the important thing to note here is that there already is revealing clothing in the game, just not very much of it. So for those that like it, more options would be appreciated. For those that don’t like it, well it’s already in the game, so I doubt it would hurt you anymore then it is now. (pic 1)

For my Norn Guardian, I got the most revealing clothes I could because 1) I’m a straight guy who loves sexy women, and 2) You can see my star tattoos better. I especially like the little ones on the upper thigh. My guardians name is Jen Nova, so I have a star theme going on here. Full armor with helmet on would make Norn tattoos pretty pointless. (pic 2)

As far as practicality or immersion: There is no blood or mud in the game. You never get dirty, and even when your armor is broken it always looks sparkling brand new. Also, my toon is a barbarian to some humans in a way, so my ways would not neccessarily be your ways. Think about that before you judge.

I realise also that with my helmet on, I am leaving the most vulnerable organs open to attacks. That is why I have a shield, and Aegis ;D (pic 3)

Did you look at the back of the clothing? Most armors are not form fitting around the hips and butt.