plz dont post negative thread anymore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Glory.1493

Glory.1493

its unfair to others who likes the feature patch.u made it seems game gonna die tomorrow while majority have no problem with this patch.it is just unhappy guys speak more.u can just delete the game and leave if u dont like it,but whats the point to post it here.nothing changed on every map. ppl still enjoy this game.could u just leave it alone and play someting else if it bothered u so much.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

its unfair to others who likes the feature patch.u made it seems game gonna die tomorrow while majority have no problem with this patch.it is just unhappy guys speak more.u can just delete the game and leave if u dont like it,but whats the point to post it here.nothing changed on every map. ppl still enjoy this game.could u just leave it alone and play someting else if it bothered u so much.

Honestly if you have a complaint about something you should definitely speak up but their are ways of doing things. Comment in a respectful and constructive way and try to think about others not just what you think and how your group of 10 friends feel. If you don’t like the way it is going it is fine you can leave everyone won’t like the same things but please don’t post about it to try and get negativity going without trying to help improve the situation. (if you kill in “passion” its still killing and you’ll still go to jail)

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Dionysus.9158

Dionysus.9158

People can’t post their feedback on the patch because it’s ‘unfair’? And how can you speak for the majority? An easier solution would be if it bothers you don’t read it.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

You call it negativity. A good lot of us call it Player Feedback. Granted there are many downright negative threads on the topic but… these forums were designed for player feedback, which… is kinda what is being posted here.

Though there are people out there that like the feature pack as is… there is obviously double if not triple the amount of those who do not.

We all bought this product, we kinda do have the right to express how we feel about it.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

Some people still want to play this game. So they want their concerns addressed. They want to be loyal to this game. It’s hard to do that when things suddenly turn sour. Players who have invested a lot of time into this game don’t want to leave just right out because they are hopeful for change. That’s what makes a good product, when people return and stay loyal.

When you do something that irks lots of players then you either have to do something about it or do something else to attract a different demographic.

Zoso.8279

People can’t post their feedback on the patch because it’s ‘unfair’? And how can you speak for the majority? An easier solution would be if it bothers you don’t read it.

“Feed back” doesn’t have to be disrespectful. Its not an issue of fair or not fair.

Necromancer Main

Zoso.8279

Just to make it clear there are things in the game that I don’t like and if you read the forums you’ll know where i stand but there are ways of doing things.

Necromancer Main

Dionysus.9158

“Feed back” doesn’t have to be disrespectful. Its not an issue of fair or not fair.

Did I say that it did? He was saying it’s unfair that people are posting negative feedback about the patch, which it isn’t. Negative doesn’t equal disrespectful.

Jaymee.1560

Some people still want to play this game. So they want their concerns addressed. They want to be loyal to this game. It’s hard to do that when things suddenly turn sour. Players who have invested a lot of time into this game don’t want to leave just right out because they are hopeful for change. That’s what makes a good product, when people return and stay loyal.

When you do something that irks lots of players then you either have to do something about it or do something else to attract a different demographic.

nod Well said.

Zoso.8279

Did I say that it did? He was saying it’s unfair that people are posting negative feedback about the patch, which it isn’t. Negative doesn’t equal disrespectful.

Read my 1st post in this topic bro. And it is very obvious by the look in the forums atm that people are not being very respectful.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

There’s room for negativity with this update. It would be nice if people would post in a few threads instead making a new one every 10 mins but what can you do? I won’t comment on what I really think of half the posts and posters since that would be “unconstructive” (yeah, that’s a good euphemism) but there is plenty of constructive criticism coming through. And, as per Colin’s comment, its been good enough to get Anet to hunt around and see what’s gone wrong with some things.

Maybe a break from the forums, Glory?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think that make more and more threads that say the same thing instead of posting in an existing thread doesn’t help anyway. It just makes work for moderators.

If I saw a thread that said I like this game, I might post in it. But I wouldn’t post a separate thread saying I like this game.

Sure you can complain. But why take over the entire forums for the same complaint over and over?

Posted by: Glory.1493

Glory.1493

I think that make more and more threads that say the same thing instead of posting in an existing thread doesn’t help anyway. It just makes work for moderators.

If I saw a thread that said I like this game, I might post in it. But I wouldn’t post a separate thread saying I like this game.

Sure you can complain. But why take over the entire forums for the same complaint over and over?

cant agree more

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

its unfair to others who likes the feature patch.u made it seems game gonna die tomorrow while majority have no problem with this patch. it is just unhappy guys speak more.u can just delete the game and leave if u dont like it,but whats the point to post it here.nothing changed on every map. ppl still enjoy this game.could u just leave it alone and play someting else if it bothered u so much.

hahahahaha, majority?

You obviously haven’t seen thread after thread of people hating this new patch.

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Dionysus.9158

Read my 1st post in this topic bro. And it is very obvious by the look in the forums atm that people are not being very respectful.

I did. Your quoting of me was pointless in the first place since I was responding to the OP about the right to post negative feedback. It had nothing to do with disrespectful posts/conduct as that goes without saying and isn’t even what the poster was posting about.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Every paying customer has the right to voice their opinion regarding the product they own. It’s not within your power to dictate how and when they can voice that opinion. And for the love of all that is holy, can posters stop acting like they are an appointed representative for the playerbase?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Realize that some people have spend Alot of money on this game…. And they can have all the right in the world to be mad imo.I think its unfair to say that others cant be “negative” about this patch.Not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

.could u just leave it alone and play someting else if it bothered u so much.

Switch the word, “play,” for, “read,” and apply this concept to yourself perhaps ?

Jaymee.1560

Well, I don’t know if any of you would agree or not, but I had posted about my unlikeliness of creating any more characters do to the fact that the leveling system, what’s it’s been changed to, it’s like: Wait… I bought GW 2… this new system is like playing a different game entirely (hypothetically speaking).

It’s not negative of people like us, who spent our money on this game in one way or another, to voice our dislikes about it. We didn’t buy this game just to have it’s leveling system totally renovated to where it masks a completely different game.

I’m pretty sure for my lvl 56 and 23 characters, as per the new restrictions as far as leveling goes…. I have a feeling I may not be the only person who suddenly feels… stranded.

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

Except that this thread doesn’t say “stop being disrespectful.” It says “stop posting negative comments,” period.

Coherent sentences would probably help his case too.

Posted by: Aicus.3174

Aicus.3174

You call it negativity. A good lot of us call it Player Feedback. Granted there are many downright negative threads on the topic but… these forums were designed for player feedback, which… is kinda what is being posted here.

Though there are people out there that like the feature pack as is… there is obviously double if not triple the amount of those who do not.

We all bought this product, we kinda do have the right to express how we feel about it.

So where did you get the numbers that those who dislike the patch outnumbered those that like the patch by 2 to 3 times?

My whole guild got no problems with it, most people I met think it is OK with rooms for improvement, my friends got nothing to complain about, my friend’s guild is cool with it as well, so maybe it is actually the other way around?

Zoso.8279

I did. Your quoting of me was pointless in the first place since I was responding to the OP about the right to post negative feedback. It had nothing to do with disrespectful posts/conduct as that goes without saying and isn’t even what the poster was posting about.

“Feed Back” atm is not respectful that is the idea I want to put across right now.
And I said to read my 1st post because i agree when you don’t like something you should say something.

Necromancer Main

Jaymee.1560

So where did you get the numbers that those who dislike the patch outnumbered those that like the patch by 2 to 3 times?

My whole guild got no problems with it, most people I met think it is OK with rooms for improvement, my friends got nothing to complain about, my friend’s guild is cool with it as well, so maybe it is actually the other way around?

Well, it seems to me that you don’t spend too much time outside of your guild. Where do I get my numbers (which are purely hypothetical, btw), you say?

Oh, every time I log on, in Divinty’s Reach, in Malchor’s Leap, in every area in PvE that I have been in thus far? I am reading NOTHING but complaints from players.

(Let’s not forget the long list of threads in this forum)

Ashen.2907

He probably pulled his numbers out of the same orifice as the OP. When a thread starts with an OP that invents numbers to support his position it seems all too likely that others will follow suit.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Realize that some people have spend Alot of money on this game…. And they can have all the right in the world to be mad imo.I think its unfair to say that others cant be “negative” about this patch.Not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows.

^
You took the words right outta my mouth. A lot of time, effort and hard earned dollars went into this game, and we can’t post negative feedback because it isn’t fair?

I personally wouldn’t rather leave this game disappointed after spending so much time making and remaking the characters/items I’ve invested so much into. So I’ll post necessary feedback to improve the quality of game play. In the end, happy customer/gamer amounts to returning business – win, win.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: OrcasWorld.3271

OrcasWorld.3271

He probably pulled his numbers out of the same orifice as the OP. When a thread starts with an OP that invents numbers to support his position it seems all too likely that others will follow suit.

As you know, 64.32% of all statistics are made up.

HandOfKane.5409

And your numbers for it being “the other way around?” Seems like you’re being just as hypothetical as he is.

Posted by: Charleston Chew.1209

Charleston Chew.1209

This is a thing that will never go away. Of the players actually playing the game (any game, any genre) only minuscule percent visits the forum and the kind that usually does are the forum warriors thinking that they got it all figured it out, annoyed at the rest of us for our inability to see their glorious vision.

Best thing is to do is keep enjoying the game you enjoy, the trolls are part of internet and there is nothing we can do to make them go away.

Kill me again or take me as I am,
for I shall not change.

Jaymee.1560

He is a SHE, btw… and if you are trying to insult me, you failed.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

its unfair to others who likes the feature patch.u made it seems game gonna die tomorrow while majority have no problem with this patch. it is just unhappy guys speak more.u can just delete the game and leave if u dont like it,but whats the point to post it here.nothing changed on every map. ppl still enjoy this game.could u just leave it alone and play someting else if it bothered u so much.

hahahahaha, majority?

You obviously haven’t seen thread after thread of people hating this new patch.

Even if you count every single forum poster who voice their negative opinion on this patch, I doubt it will surpass 10% of all active GW2 players.

So, I think he is right. The super majority of players are in the game playing it.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

This is a thing that will never go away. Of the players actually playing the game (any game, any genre) only minuscule percent visits the forum and the kind that usually does are the forum warriors thinking that they got it all figured it out, annoyed at the rest of us for our inability to see their glorious vision.

Best thing is to do is keep enjoying the game you enjoy, the trolls are part of internet and there is nothing we can do to make them go away.

Irony, thou art a heartless mistress

Charleston Chew.1209

Irony, thou art a heartless mistress

If you are trying to insinuate i’m a troll I’m sorry to inform you I’m just plain rude and give zero consideration to feelings or needs of others. While in aspects similar to trolling, the reasons behind are diametrically different.

for I shall not change.

Ashen.2907

He is a SHE, btw… and if you are trying to insult me, you failed.

I used he in the generic sense as I obviously could not be expected to know your gender (I am not inclined to refer to other human beings as “it”). Then again gender is irrelevant to the discussion.

I have no interest in insulting you and made no effort to do so. I did point out that people on both sides of the equation attempting to make claims about how many people like/dislike the patch are pulling their numbers out of their….

Zoso.8279

We create the community I don’t have a problem with people voicing their opinions but I do have a problem with people being immature. It doesnt have to be all rainbow and butterflies but it can be respectful I don’t want to be in a community of A**H**** so ill try my hardest to not let it turn into that type of community.

Necromancer Main

Dionysus.9158

Speculating on the for-against numbers serves no purpose because it isn’t realistically quantifiable. If 51% were for and 50% were against it wouldn’t make it a successful patch.

In my personal opinion the feature pack has been received negatively enough both in game and on the forums for it to be called at the very least not a success.

Charleston Chew.1209

…snip…
In my personal opinion
…snip…

You’ve said it well. This is the part most people forget when they post. In my personal opinion the September feature pack is made of win and i’m having criminal amounts of fun with leveling my ranger.

for I shall not change.

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

…the forum warriors thinking that they got it all figured it out, annoyed at the rest of us for our inability to see their glorious vision.

The forum is the place for feedback. Statistically speaking, the forum is a percentile slice of the greater player base as a whole. Therefore its logical to extrapolate player response on forums as representative of the greater whole, with of course a certain margin of error.

Were there no value to forum members’ feedback, there would be no reason to operate said forum. Given that most games today operate discussion and balance forums, its logical to conclude that forum feedback is valuable as a development tool, and is representative of the overall player base.

To claim that “negative feedback” is unfair or unwarranted is laughably naive, and to also claim that those who post said feedback somehow are non-representative of the greater whole is also foolish. The reason I claim irony in your post is that every single word of it, according to your own logic, applies to you. And for you to be unaware of how forums represent player populations yet still be able to comment about you and the cheerleaders somehow representing the majority is downright silly.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

the thing is op.. people complain not only cause they pay money for a service.. they also do cause they like the game and dont want to see it go down the gutter. I LOVE this game and to see it destroyed just breaks my heart.

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

“while majority have no problem with this patch”

Which is why there’s dozens of threads beaming about how good the changes are.

Oh wait.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

Yenn.9185

Oh wait.

You think all the forum post in the last few days combined accounts for 51% or more of a ALL ACTIVE gw2 players? I mean I dunno the numbers, but it should be way more.

Aicus.3174

And your numbers for it being “the other way around?” Seems like you’re being just as hypothetical as he is.

See that “maybe”? Yes, I am very clear that I am just speculating while he is not.

Ashen.2907

The forum is the place for feedback. Statistically speaking, the forum is a percentile slice of the greater player base as a whole. Therefore its logical to extrapolate player response on forums as representative of the greater whole, with of course a certain margin of error.

Were there no value to forum members’ feedback, there would be no reason to operate said forum. Given that most games today operate discussion and balance forums, its logical to conclude that forum feedback is valuable as a development tool, and is representative of the overall player base.

I agree very much with your point that official discussion forums would not exist if developer did not think that there was merit to their existence.

I tend to disagree with the point that forums are representative of the game’s population as a whole.

There is a link between my two points. Forums give developers insight into concerns of players who are dissatisfied, to some extent, with the game (or aspects of it). I believe that official forums often, if not always, tend to attract those with complaints. Having the negative feedback gathered for ease of dev perusal seems like a solid reason (one of them) for developers to maintain official forums.

HandOfKane.5409

See that “maybe”? Yes, I am very clear that I am just speculating while he is not.

OK, and…? Still doesn’t make your point any more valid.

Posted by: UndeadRufus.6832

UndeadRufus.6832

If I were a decision-maker at ArenaNet, and I saw my game’s forum being “taken over” by negative feedback about a patch, and I had the slightest bit of concern for player opinions, I would at least consider the possibility that the complaints in question warrant some attention. Maybe that’s just me….

“Fickle, wild, irrational apes aren’t qualified to boss each other around….”

Posted by: Critwrench.8432

Critwrench.8432

Oh wait.

You think all the forum post in the last few days combined accounts for 51% or more of a ALL ACTIVE gw2 players? I mean I dunno the numbers, but it should be way more.

I think the fact that every single discussion space for GW2—both in and out of the game— is lit up with posts and comments about how bad the changes are is proof enough that the majority does not like the changes. If you want, feel free to prove that it’s just a vocal minority that dislikes the changes; but I really, really, REALLY doubt it.

A shallow ocean only contains as much water as a particularly deep bucket.

Aicus.3174

…the forum warriors thinking that they got it all figured it out, annoyed at the rest of us for our inability to see their glorious vision.

To claim that “negative feedback” is unfair or unwarranted is laughably naive, and to also claim that those who post said feedback somehow are non-representative of the greater whole is also foolish. The reason I claim irony in your post is that every single word of it, according to your own logic, applies to you. And for you to be unaware of how forums represent player populations yet still be able to comment about you and the cheerleaders somehow representing the majority is downright silly.

What I see so far is that the forum is for people to bash the dev for doing whatever they don’t like, for example bashing the dev for killing QD champ train, Blix event spam, making key farming harder and unpleasant and basically everything that farmers think are going to affect their profit.

There are some constructive feedback and disvussion but those are scarce.

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

There is nothing wrong about negative feedback. What’s wrong is being needlessly angry when delivering said feedback which doesn’t seem to provide a clear message about what could be improved outside of “I hate it!” or “This sucks”.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Zoso.8279

What I see so far is that the forum is for people to bash the dev for doing whatever they don’t like, for example bashing the dev for killing QD champ train, Blix event spam, making key farming harder and unpleasant and basically everything that farmers think are going to affect their profit.

There are some constructive feedback and disvussion but those are scarce.

Hey >:O I’m a farmer not all of us are greedy! For example the way they have Frostgorge and Breaking the Ice event atm is perfect in my opinion!!!! No exploit just fun for farmers!

Necromancer Main

Yenn.9185

Oh wait.

I think the fact that every single discussion space for GW2—both in and out of the game— is lit up with posts and comments about how bad the changes are is proof enough that the majority does not like the changes. If you want, feel free to prove that it’s just a vocal minority that dislikes the changes; but I really, really, REALLY doubt it.

I’m not going to prove anything since I don’t know the metrics and neither do you. It’s only natural that those who didn’t like the change are more vocal. And those who are happy/didn’t mind the change are quiet. I mean why bother voicing your opinion in and out of game when you could just be playing it. It’s easy to think that the threads upon thread all came from unique poster, but in reality they’re just the very same people.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Oh wait.

Maybe the 51% “just delete the game and leave” because they “dont like it”, and ask “whats the point to post it here”. Maybe I’m just speculating.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com