population and state of gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Its natural for long term games to lose population like this. I bet if you went and look at WoW’s xfire profile it would have a similar drop since the last expansion came out.

If you take a look at NCsoft’s stock over the last year, things are not looking super happy fantastic however. I expect a lot of pressure is going to be put on the Anet devs to produce profits as quickly as possible to stop their 4th quarter from being a total disaster.

what disaster are you speaking about exactly?
I am not an accountant so maybe I am reading this wrong but says in their q3 financial report that in q2 the did 7b korean won loss, in q3 they did 50b operating profit that is 50% more then the same period last year.

In terms of net profit they did 47b which is an increase of 75% from last year

gw2 amounted for 27% of the sales followed by 23% lineage and 20% blade and soul.

Arenanet increased its profits by 2258% ! year on year!

So question what financial disaster are you talking about exactly? seems pretty solid to me!

Posted by: Hero.8470

Hero.8470

Most of my guild has quit this game. It’s just not fun. You may love to adventure and enjoy the story but when you hit 80 there is no incentive to do anything in this game.

Posted by: Falcon Night.4653

Falcon Night.4653

Interestingly enough, over this weekend I found myself in Queensdale (on CD), and it was full of people. I was wondering how come there were so many people and commented as such on map chat. Got a reply that there were actually a number of new GW2 players online who had just gotten the game.

With all the commotion going on in the forums I think people who do not do game background checks are still buying the game. LOL…

These are not the droid you are looking for, move along… → ESO, FireFall, NW :)

Posted by: Gwartham Haldane.8459

Gwartham Haldane.8459

Yah out of the 30 people I started out GW2 with, i’m the only active player.

And I have been farting around, finishing up zones I skipped over because I have nothng else to do, im on JQ, and I can tell you that they are complete ghost towns.

And um, it doesn’t take some giant leap of faith to figure out that hey, they put the new dungeon in LA, so nobody leaves LA anymore, so yah, theres gonna be overflows, now that youve pushed the population to all be in the same place at the same time, doesnt mean the game still has anywhere near the populations it did even a month ago.

But again, your not paying a monthly fee, so what do you care what the population is. That’s kinda the tradeoff of going F2P, dont have to give us as much content as sub games, and we dont have to feel obligated to log in and play all the time either, because our money has already been spent.

Posted by: Zaiel.6375

Zaiel.6375

Let me sum it up for all the dim wits that don’t understand MMOs.

The majority of the people are settled in three major areas: 1. The noob areas and starter cities 2. The end game tier areas and dungeons 3. The central hub of the.
So basically expect to see the mid level areas empty, why because players are more likely to be low or high level. The only MMO that established a great mid level game was FFXI due to its sub job and level capped areas. High level area such as Orr you can see the persistent amount of people always there, dungeons clearly you can’t see who’s running what but its there. You have AC CM TA SE HoTW CF Arah and FoTM so there is a fair chunk of the population within each instance. LA is always full you can tell by getting over flow there. Please note that you will get your messages suppressed if you talk too much in map chat. Thus is why it is not always full of trolls.

World of Warcraft is huge and will remain huge. Just because WoW popped your MMO cherry doesn’t mean every other MMO is gonna be the same. WoW is a freak of nature. Any MMO can survive with a constant 500 people per server without you noticing its horribly dead.

Peak times take in huge account. Do not log in Wednesday morning at 9am and assume the game is dying because no one is on. This means people have a life and are living it. Now log on evening times and weekends and boom more people.

Again lets talk about “dying”. Your MMO has over 2mil subscriptions? Cool well I can only group with 4 other people. So assuming that there is 4 other people within the world trying to accomplish what you are, then your set. You can not judge an MMO by the number of people playing or number of servers. 1 server with a peak of 1000 people to as low as 500 you will be fine. Yes you might have difficulty grouping or what have you but it is a survivable experience. So to sum of this: if your MMO can fully utilize every single person per server (exclude economy) having 1000 or 20000 or (yes I’m looking at you EVE) 100000+ people then you should take a deep look into population. If it doesn’t, and well ill spoil the surprise none do, don’t kittening worry about it.

So Here is the final verdict to test an MMO population. Log in, play it. Like it? Keep playing chances are others will to. If its dead and it is completely impossible to play the game because of population then the game wouldn’t even be online anymore because its just losing money.

Hero.8470

“Let me sum it up for all the dim wits that don’t understand MMOs.”

No ones going to read youre post because you start it as an elitist when by your comments we can all tell you have the brain of a 6 year old.

Hero.8470

Obviously you are bitter because peole are quitting gw2. It IS a dying game. Just like any mmorpg after a few months people get bored. This one was just super easy to get bored of.

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

Population dropped severely after the last event was over, that’s to be expected but I personally am going to take a break (after WvWing incessantly) until they alter how Ascendant gear is obtained.

when u say population dropped severely, how do you know?

http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2

Wow so based on that data Gw2 got about 6m players now?

I mean what that show us is Gw2 has 4k players player 17k hours per day. we dont know how many players Gw2 has but we know how many players WoW has

according to that: http://beta.xfire.com/games/wow
WoW has 6k players playing 29k hours.

That makes Gw2 having 60% less then WoW, WoW has 10m players so gw2 must have 6 million players… amazing! wonder why they never announced reaching the 6m mark.

/sarcasm

Can we please stop with the meaningless xfire data ?

Nobody said that everybody uses x-fire, but its one of many indicators and it clearly shows the direction. Ascended gear brought no benefit to the game.

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Population dropped severely after the last event was over, that’s to be expected but I personally am going to take a break (after WvWing incessantly) until they alter how Ascendant gear is obtained.

I mean what that show us is Gw2 has 4k players player 17k hours per day. we dont know how many players Gw2 has but we know how many players WoW has

That makes Gw2 having 60% less then WoW, WoW has 10m players so gw2 must have 6 million players… amazing! wonder why they never announced reaching the 6m mark.

/sarcasm

Nobody said that everybody uses x-fire, but its one of many indicators and it clearly show the direction. Ascended gear brought no benefit to the game.

The only thing xfire shows is that it isnt reliable source of information.

What are you going to base yourself opinion on? number of players? The highest I remember xfire was 7k players and how its 4k players. But what does that mean? that population dropped by 50%? that those 7k players dont play every day anymore? Does it mean players uninstall xfire? Does it mean they’re playing for a different location?

When we take a game like wow though that we know the actual number of in this period of a month we see a 20% drop in hours played. If that declining number would be any indication what so ever of a decline in player base subscription would have fallen yet we know they have not! (and btw if you looked at xfire the week MOP launched it was 120k hours so WoW subscriptions would be close to 2m – 3m now if there was a direct relation like people are implying.

Seriously Xfire provides no usable data whatsever!

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

^ unless you can prove there is a large population bias for people who use xfire, it clearly shows a steep decline. And based on random distributions, its very likely correlates to the game pretty closely.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

/sarcasm

Nobody said that everybody uses x-fire, but its one of many indicators and it clearly show the direction. Ascended gear brought no benefit to the game.

What are you going to base yourself opinion on? number of players? The highest I remember xfire was 7k players and how its 4k players. But what does that mean? that population dropped by 50%? that those 7k players dont play every day anymore? Does it mean players uninstall xfire? Does it mean they’re playing for a different location?

When we take a game like wow though that we know the actual number of in this period of a month we see a 20% drop in hours played. If that declining number would be any indication what so ever of a decline in player base subscription would have fallen yet we know they have not! (and btw if you looked at xfire the week MOP launched it was 120k hours so WoW subscriptions would be close to 2m – 3m now if there was a direct relation like people are implying.

Its a large enough sample size to be some what representative of popularity. League of Legends is the most played game in the world and that is represented on there. Tons of people still play the original Modern Warfare and that’s on there. Obviously you can accurately predict a trend that GW2 being in the top 5 with games like those and Diablo 3, probably means GW2 is still pretty popular.

Looking at Steam stats DOTA 2 has around 170,000-200,000 players a day and that’s good enough for 10 on Xfire so its safe to say that GW2 sees more then that in a day since its sitting at 5 on Xfire.

Personally I barely play it. I actually started to get bored after the first few beta weekends lol but still bought the game knowing full well I probably would only last a month or two. That doesn’t mean that others aren’t playing it and its not fun though. I just would rather they let us do skill and ability hunting for progression like GW1 rather than gear grind.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

/sarcasm

When GW2 goes to China, WoW will die.

Years from now when people are debating on forums whether it was pandas or GW2 that killed WoW, you will know you were part of gaming history.

psyt.9415

NM I read the report wrong its 46 million KRW in sales revenue.

(edited by psyt.9415)

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

To me it shows a tendency. If ascended gear was usefull for the game, numbers would go up, but they dont, they keep on falling and falling. Simple as that.

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

let’s recap:

1. drop rates are cut off in everything but one dungeon
  2. mf is broken for open world and DR is added and kept
  3. drop rates of globs are cut to 30%
  4. mainstay farming locations for karma are cut out
  5. nothing but underwater combat was really touched on fixing the combat of professions

Because of these reasons, if not dealt with properly or quickly, yeah people will leave the game and not spend a dime. We’re all waiting for a proper response with explanations of exactly what the future of the game will hold for us. especially those of us who bought the game because of the thrown out manifesto.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Here it is midnight on Monday following a major US holiday and only 5 of the servers are too full to transfer to.

Karizee.8076

Here it is Sunday 11:55pm, Lion’s Arch is in overflow, there’s a queue for WvW and my guild has 40+ people online

Game is busting at the seams popular.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Give it time, when this happened to other titles it was popular for a while then too then the population dropped dramatically because these types were attracted by a new shiny.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Here it is Sunday 11:55pm, Lion’s Arch is in overflow, there’s a queue for WvW and my guild has 40+ people online

go anywhere else but LA. 200 people on a server isn’t much. Thats all it takes to make LA go overflow.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Karizee.8076

go anywhere else but LA. 200 people on a server isn’t much. Thats all it takes to make LA go overflow.

Just started leveling a Norn. Can’t go 2 steps without running into people.

I hit up a couple dragon events everyday and they are SWAMPED with people!

Was wrapping up some map completion in Harathi today and was amazed at how many people were doing the meta event in the NE. Don’t know the name of it, the big glowing dogs with the ginormous chest at the end.

psyt.9415

But we have already established GW2 has more people playing than Black Ops 2 (PC) and Diablo 3 looking at data from two separate data sets (Steam and Xfire). What more do people want?

Posted by: Leviatana.8107

Leviatana.8107

The game is still quite active but due to the new FoTM instance in Lion’s Arch the activity changed from all areas to a center in LA. This is when it comes to max leveled players.

However the lower level areas are quite silent. You’ll see a player here and there but you can count the amount on one hand. I think they need to make you auto join a sort of overflow system for the lower level areas so there is one common server/few overflows so we can have some level of activity going on and events can roll out as supposed to.

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

I have not had any trouble finding people to do anything, even during the “off” hours.

Seems fine to me.

If Anet start to notice any player dropoff they can just release it on Steam and the numbers will go right back up there.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I had to do a server transfer after the patch as the open world became empty on my old server. The sheer number of players on the new server make the open world comparable to my old server pre-patch. There’s no question for me that the patch has affected population densities in terms of the map. Whether that spells fewer players overall, I really have no way of knowing.

Posted by: HeeHee.5208

HeeHee.5208

‘How is the game doing?’

I doubt you will get an objective / decent answer, instead I am certain you will get conjecture / speculation.

My two cents are Guild Wars 2 has been out for over 3 months, people have played it and moved on. Like any game, once they have finished it, they move on.

However, the fact is most MMOs out there (except WoW) initially have a peak of player activity upon release and over time there is less and less people.

You may ask why that is the case, and players will come up with various reasons but importantly they do so without solid evidence supporting their arguments. However, due to the fact that there are not as many people playing a particular MMO compared with when it was released, players can easily say in hindsight that it is because of THEIR REASONS when in fact it could be due to other reasons.

TL:DR No offence but it is futile to ask how is the game doing and why less people are playing it because it is only based on a player’s perspective out of millions who each will have different opinions on the matter, where they can only speculate on why 99.99% are not playing the game. However, because numbers have dropped, they can use that fact incorrectly to support any arguments they make.

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

Its utterly irrelevent how full LA and a starter region is.. Thats just poor game design.. The big problem is everywhere else is pretty empty making it impossible at times to do the champion and boss events.

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Its a large enough sample size to be some what representative of popularity. League of Legends is the most played game in the world and that is represented on there. Tons of people still play the original Modern Warfare and that’s on there. Obviously you can accurately predict a trend that GW2 being in the top 5 with games like those and Diablo 3, probably means GW2 is still pretty popular.

Looking at Steam stats DOTA 2 has around 170,000-200,000 players a day and that’s good enough for 10 on Xfire so its safe to say that GW2 sees more then that in a day since its sitting at 5 on Xfire.

Personally I barely play it. I actually started to get bored after the first few beta weekends lol but still bought the game knowing full well I probably would only last a month or two. That doesn’t mean that others aren’t playing it and its not fun though. I just would rather they let us do skill and ability hunting for progression like GW1 rather than gear grind.

Most people I’ve seen on xfire play multiple games. Which naturally results in them playing less of xxx game. It’s a sample, but it is a biased one. A couple years ago some youth political group wanted to make marijuana legal in Austria. They did a survey and, what do you know, based on their sample 90% of the population agreed with it. How did that happen? Easy, they only asked students. They picked their sample from a part of the population prone to be biased and got their results. The opposing group retaliated by going to retirement homes and getting the exact opposite result.

The only people who can provide reliable information are ArenaNet. No surveys or external sites can come even close to the real numbers or the real trend. For all you know, 100 000 people who don’t use xfire returned to the game while 1000 people who do use xfire left.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Obviously you are bitter because peole are quitting gw2. It IS a dying game. Just like any mmorpg after a few months people get bored. This one was just super easy to get bored of.

It’s also super easy to enjoy because it’s not necessary to achieve anything. Instead of grinding the newest tier, I’m roaming in whatever area I feel like, seeking out events. It’s fun. This game feels alive and I’ve got a whole world to explore, even though I’m already at 100%.

Who cares about karma and gold when I’ve got fun as a reward

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Yoh.5129

Yoh.5129

why dont they just make it more harder to level up! those low level dungeons are useless cuz those reward coin is use to buy level 80 gears with same stats as level 80 dungeons coin reward… so lowbie quit playing dungeon and do stay like a bot at kassex hills bridge defending centaur…the first time i ran dungeon i was level 30 was so excited i ran AC giving me coin to buy level 80 weapon .. it makes me think that id rather not run it and rush to 80 for easy run cuz of more stats… same goes to other dungeons theyre completely useless. unless your doing achievements .. i think thats what all people did.. so i think if they make it harder to level up and change the loot table of those low level dungeons suites to level of player.. increase the reward karma and lower the exp reward from dynamic events… and they need to add LFG chat Allaince chat,league chat if you played aion your familiar with this i think it would be really nice… and those world boss is really easy there is isnt really no strategy needed to fight them… where is the MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER if you can fight World boss solo without group no allaince just joining crowd like an emo! its really awkward you know…

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

There are multiple full servers.

Even the smallest servers are on high.

There used to be medium servers, not a single one left.

Simply put, the game is already VERY successful and has a large playerbase.

You gotta realise, there are other people apart from you. And they are all playing GW2.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

To me it shows a tendency. If ascended gear was usefull for the game, numbers would go up, but they dont, they keep on falling and falling. Simple as that.

The problem with this hypothesis is that people who use x-fire in the first place are a specific kind of gamer..I dont, none of my friends do..so yeah..its not an accurate sample size at all. You are using a biased sample to try and correlate it to the generalized population..doesnt work.

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

The problem with X-Fire data is that it has been slowly getting more and more irrelevant.

It used to be relevant years ago when it was used by a lot of people. It’s been in decline for years, and is no longer representative of trends.

Now it’s more of a legacy system, like people who still use Yahoo! or MySpace.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You gotta realise, there are other people apart from you. And they are all playing GW2.

You realize, that since full/high/medium/low is relative to server cap, and that cap can be (and is) adjusted dynamically, it doesn’t actually tells us anything?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Karizee.8076

Anyone who played the finale event for the Lost Shores patch knows the game is exploding in popularity. So many people everywhere!!

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The only dead areas I see in the game as the Orr zones and that’s because they are a kittenhole. Really, you can go to Sparkfly Fen at 4 am and there’s going to be 5-10 players at every event.

Population seems just fine to me.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: conage.6523

conage.6523

Well,i’m not sure with other server, my server is still very alive, for weekdays, WvW always has commander and player playing, PvP at least 100 ppl (1 server max 16 pax, at least 8 server is full), ppl shouting LFG for all kind of dungeon, many player sitting around in LA chatting.

Posted by: restoration.2806

restoration.2806

Im on sorrows furnace and I think the mid level zones are empty as hell. Obviously the dragon events will not be empty but in general play maps like Iron Marches, Lornar’s Pass, Dredgehaunt Cliffs are dead. The starter zones are decently populated but there is obviously a strong drop off as players have leveled but taking everything into account I still feel that at least my server there seems to be a drop off in the number of players we have playing. The number of people doing exp dungeons seems to have dropped as you used to be able to be in the map and find a group to play with now LA is the better choice to find players. Overall I think there is a drop off due mainly to the bugs still persistent with many classes (Necro, Ranger, etc.) I think a small combination of servers should be necessary or have overflow servers for all PvE and only have servers for PvP.

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

I don’t know the total figures of players or anything like that. All I can give is my firsthand experience.

I joined GW2 from Beta with a large guild of over a hundred players. After playing the betas around 50 of us bought the game. Around a week ago I had to search out a new guild because there were only 5 or so of us left playing. Everyone else left – permanently, for a combination of Planetside 2 or Darkfall Unholy Wars. We were a pvp/rvr oriented guild. The main complaint when the bulk left was that they were sick of fighting invisible enemies.

Not drawing conclusions or anything with this post, just relaying my experience with players leaving.

Posted by: Drukker.8754

Drukker.8754

But we have already established GW2 has more people playing than Black Ops 2 (PC) and Diablo 3 looking at data from two separate data sets (Steam and Xfire). What more do people want?

The people that are truly upset with the addition of the rings and backpack gear are looking for validation of their feelings. “I’m upset, therefore everyone must be upset, therefore everyone has stopped playing, therefore the game is dying!”

The others are paid game-bashers just riding on the hurt feelings of those players.

The game is soaring in popularity, this upsets some people.

Why isnt this idiot being moderated and infracted for trolling ?

Because he is a fanboy of the new grindpolicy.

What grind? Seriously, this game has NO grinds compared to other MMO’s. It has NO gear threadmill worth mentioning. And still people keep referring to this as a WoW clone. I seriously doubt those players played WoW on a raiding level, where a tedious grind every day was required to be even prepared).

This game is very easy going, you can get by perfectly without 1 serious grind.
You can do grinds (for legendaries for example) but that’s your own choice: it’s optional.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

The people that are truly upset with the addition of the rings and backpack gear are looking for validation of their feelings. “I’m upset, therefore everyone must be upset, therefore everyone has stopped playing, therefore the game is dying!”

The others are paid game-bashers just riding on the hurt feelings of those players.

What grind? Seriously, this game has NO grinds compared to other MMO’s. It has NO gear threadmill worth mentioning. And still people keep referring to this as a WoW clone. I seriously doubt those players played WoW on a raiding level, where a tedious grind every day was required to be even prepared).

You can do grinds (for legendaries for example) but that’s your own choice: it’s optional.

Yeah, I don’t know where they’re getting this WoW clone stuff from. GW2 is nothing like WoW. And you’re right about the raid preparation.

I don’t see Anet making us rep grind daily quests, fly in circles picking herbs and farming mats for stat buff food for hours every day, do the profession daily quests before we can even buy the good gem recipes etc – all before they let us into the fractals. Oh and of course we should preferably level a full set of alts in order to max all crafting professions so we can make our own enchantments, flasks, spellthread, belt buckles etc.

Kitten, I’ve done fractal level 1 with a level 9 player in the group (character level 9, not fractal level).

As for population, there are people all over the place on Gunnar’s Hold. I logged into WoW last night (for the first time in over a year – they sent me 10 days free to try out MoP). It was peak time and there were 14 people in Orgrimmar on my server, which is still marked as medium pop.

(edited by Kana.6793)

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

All I can say is this: the forums cry out that the game is “dying,” yet I still see a ton of people everywhere I go. The noobie zones are just as populated as when the game launched, although they no longer have overflows either.

This game is far from dying.

The ‘noobie zones’ are nowhere as busy as launch, at least not on desolation. I’ve been levelling an alt and due to lack of people and therefore events starting, I’ve been finding it increasingly difficult to get enough XP to stay on track. I’ve been having to switch areas to gain a couple of levels then come back later once I’m a couple of levels ahead.

There are people around, but not huge amounts as before. To be expected of course. Switching zones isn’t the end of the world, but I didn’t have to do that at all with my first character due to lots of events popping all the time.

Ditton.3149

I don’t know the total figures of players or anything like that. All I can give is my firsthand experience.

I joined GW2 from Beta with a large guild of over a hundred players. After playing the betas around 50 of us bought the game. Around a week ago I had to search out a new guild because there were only 5 or so of us left playing. Everyone else left – permanently, for a combination of Planetside 2 or Darkfall Unholy Wars. We were a pvp/rvr oriented guild. The main complaint when the bulk left was that they were sick of fighting invisible enemies.

Not drawing conclusions or anything with this post, just relaying my experience with players leaving.

I havent even bothered with wvw for this reason and because of the zerg vs zerg..I prefer small skirmishes and I dont want to be in arena based combat like spvp

Ditton.3149

Running ONE dungeon over and over again is nothing but grind to me. Hamsters may love it, I dont.

i think that is his point..other than one ring and a backpack..whats to do that dungeon over and over for? Why cant you simply do it 1-2 times a day and get what you want?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

If they want people to play earlier areas, they should add T6 nodes to them. These already can’t be mined unless you’re level 60, so there’s no worry of people getting something before they should (although this is an archaic MMO notion to start with).
Or are they worried about their precious economy? I’m willing to bet that if T6 nodes were easily mineable, it really wouldn’t make that much of a difference.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

/sarcasm

75% of WOW’s “10 mill” number are in Asia, xfire is a NA thing, 60% of 2.5mill = 1.3mill —- seems right in the ballpark to me and far from meaningless…

regardless, the trendline is clear. what’s more, it’s clear that LS expansion (whether due to reaction to the ascended gear-grind or something else) hasn’t made a material difference in player numbers.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Posted by: Smoothy.1085

Smoothy.1085

I still play this game. if you love planetside 2 so much go play it and dont roam the gw2 forums if u dont even like/play the game anymore.

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Anyone who played the finale event for the Lost Shores patch knows the game is exploding in popularity. So many people everywhere!!

Lots in LA, dead everywhere else.

downed state is bad for PVP

Ditton.3149

What are you doing logging into Guild Wars 2 every day!!?? This is no longer the game you were led to believe it was. Things are changing. Planetside 2 has released. It is a free to play massively mutiplayer PVP online game. You have nothing to lose by trying it out. Join the Terran Republic and look up Validus Gamers for a serious outfit that has 200+ man operations every week. We are highly organized and highly strategic. So I ask again, why are you still playing Guild Wars 2 when the developers have abandoned you?

because I hate sci fi games..enough said

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

Getting LA overflows doesn’t mean the population of the game has improved or grown. It simply means that Anet has driven the PvE population into LA so they can grind FOTM over and over for a chance at gear upgrades.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Our 50 player guild now got 4 active players. Nearly impossible to do other dungeons then Fotm and perhaps a odd AC.

Im taking a semi-break for a while, its still f2p so i dont feel punished for not playing as often as before. Hope they fix some incentive to explore other maps then LA.

FSP