precursor collection is a ripoff

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Liisjak.4509

Liisjak.4509

I’m a bit perplexed. You all say that by going through the achievements is a form of progression of bit by bit, right?

So gathering gold coins by coins to buy it of the TP, isn’t progression of bit by bit?

At the end of the day it’s the same thing, just the TP thing is kind of easier and faster.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

I started making Meteorlogicus last night, i’m only on tier one but it only involves me visiting parts of the world and participating in events as such forth. I even had to go back to the hidden garden jp which i’ve not done in ages.
I have actually enjoyed the journey so far and look forward to carrying it on to the end.

One thing i noticed yesterday was the rate i get exotics back from the forge. I always throw in the rares and usually get exotic back every 3-4 tries. Yesterday i got 1 exo from 20’ish tries in the morning then later i got 0 from 25’ish goes.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It keep the old precursor price in check so it useful to have this option when you want to craft legendary,without this option dawn would cost lot more ;D

Actually, i wouldn’t be surprised if this caused precursor prices to go up. Remember, we’re telking not only about material costs. There will be a lot of people that will gladly pay a lot of money for the possibility of not having to do all the nonmonetary requirements (some are quite hard, and not in a good way, and they all take a lot of time).

Good point, despite the condescending tone of your post. Players are expected to gather most of the materials themselves throughout their adventures, not just buy everything from the TP.

Sure, but when selling all those gathered mats would let you buy that precursor without needing to do any additional work, then something is wrong.

From what has been said, the point is to be able to bypass the precursor drop RNG.

Buying off TP offers that option already.

When you have two options of obtaining you goal, that cost the same but one requires a lot less effort, the other one becomes completely irrelevant. Unless you’d be doing it for fun alone, of course. Except those do not seem to be much fun either.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I expected to have to put in time and effort in order to get the stupid RNG aspect out of the process, along with a noticeable drop in gold cost for that exchange.

Anet delivered duplicate pricing with a stupid amount of grind on top of it.

The level of greed displayed by this company is mind boggling.

Except anet stated way back that they intended to keep the cost pretty much the same as the prices on TP. So why did you expect it to be cheaper?

Source please.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Source please.

There you go. Around 7mins colin speaks about how is very important to them (gw2 team) to maintain the gold value of precursors across the game and explains how the 2nd phase of crafting is specifically designed to do that.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

yep, I sold all my crafting materials and decided to just grind the Silverwastes for gold to eventually buy a legendary from the TP.

It seems to be easier and faster that way.

What about the new legendary weapon? Like hope

These were pulled from the expansion and will be added at a “later” date. 3 years wasn’t enough for them to finish 3 new legendary weapons, they need more time.

Posted by: Alaya.8765

Alaya.8765

Source please.

There you go. Around 7mins colin speaks about how is very important to them (gw2 team) to maintain the gold value of precursors across the game and explains how the 2nd phase of crafting is specifically designed to do that.

He literately says that there is a TIME AND A GOLD value with the collection so that the precursor price does not skydive. There was no word that it was intended so that the collection does cost more than buying it in the tp additionally to the time you need to spend ^^

Posted by: IPhyton.2348

IPhyton.2348

The market is changing and the prices will reflect it over time. Probably better off waiting a bit before crafting the new precs.

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Leave it to Anet to solve a problem without actually solving the problem.

If it costs as much to make a precursor as buy one, but takes a lot more time, then there’s literally no point to it at all.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

First, have never gotten a precursor drop. That said, the value has been set by the community over time since these items have been out there for quite a while. I am not saying that they used this value to determine the value of any items you might gather but no if they had made the cost to acquire them cheaper then they would have devalued the item itself which would ruin the idea of a legendary. If anything would prefer that the cost to manually make then be even higher than current TP prices, that’s what makes these drops so precious. Its the end game for loot drops.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Alaya.8765

Alaya.8765

First, have never gotten a precursor drop. That said, the value has been set by the community over time since these items have been out there for quite a while. I am not saying that they used this value to determine the value of any items you might gather but no if they had made the cost to acquire them cheaper then they would have devalued the item itself which would ruin the idea of a legendary. If anything would prefer that the cost to manually make then be even higher than current TP prices, that’s what makes these drops so precious. Its the end game for loot drops.

I do not really catch your idea. Since precursor is just rnd there are people who got multiple ones with ~ 200 game hours and people who got zero with ~2000+ game hours. And all the things that cost a lot for the collection are time gated crafting stuff whose price rose dramatically. And why would it actually matter if we devalue the price of unbound precursor since they are just pure luck drops and there is nothing which really deserves a reward in form of a few hundred gold just because someone got a lucky drop? As far as i know the collection Precursors are account bound either way so there would be no one to sell them and since you have to invest a lot of work it would be hardly any problem if they are cheaper. Since if someone does want to acquire it using the super easy way by tp and does get his precursor for 100 money units and one does do all the extra stuff for the collection precursor and pays like 90 money units and compensates the rest of the 10 money units by standing around at boring random events for hours with his game time he cannot use to do things he would normally do or farm money effectively?

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

After spending 3 years trying to gather the materials and precursor (and failing) I expected that the new precursor was going to be:

1) Entirely based on progress, no Trading Post at all.
2) Account Bound, no Trading Post at all.

I really wish the developers were more transparent about these things, because frankly I would not have bought HoT at the $100 level. (I used those gems for gold to finish my gift of fortune).

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Anet is like the evil genie that grants your wishes in a way that you end up wishing you never wished anything in the first place.

You don’t want grind? here, have this farm that’s going to make grind look like fun and exciting.

You don’t like to farm high level raids in order to get the cool gear? Don’t worry! You don’t get raids in GW2 vanilla. And you may be wondering, where’s the cool gear? oops, you don’t get it either. But did we mention you can farm for years for a chance to get this cool loking, unicorn shooting bow?

You are tired of the unending farm? presto! have this horrendous grind instead. Now you get to fill your xp bar for the millionth time, so you can get access to the cool things you just paid 45€ for. Oh, and no gold for you of course. What did you want all that gold for anyway?

Fancy that nice looking greatsword? You can have it!…. after you grind your xp bar till you max that mastery you didn’t want in the first place.

I could keep like this all day, but it would be better if you people were more cautious with your wishes…

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I do not really catch your idea. Since precursor is just rnd there are people who got multiple ones with ~ 200 game hours and people who got zero with ~2000+ game hours. And all the things that cost a lot for the collection are time gated crafting stuff whose price rose dramatically. And why would it actually matter if we devalue the price of unbound precursor since they are just pure luck drops and there is nothing which really deserves a reward in form of a few hundred gold just because someone got a lucky drop?

In its bare essence, the more of a thing, the less value. If suddenly everyone has the same legendary then what’s so legendary about. I agree about its just a random drop today, but that is itself still part of what makes you say ‘nice’ when you see one. I expected this process to craft a precusor to require a lot. Would prefer that this not be simplified nor cheap. But that’s my 2 cents, but if I work towards one I want to finish and feel that it took a lot to get it done, else it will not hold value.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Superfrick.1536

Superfrick.1536

YOU CAN farm that all you want and take your time. BUT IT WILL ALWAYS be cheaper to get it on the tp. by selling the materials you get for your pre.

Who cares?

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine who likes to gamble at the forge had a streak and pulled out several “the legend” in a moderately short timespan. He didn’t intend to craft the Bifrost himself and was getting tired of putting them on the tp, so he offered one of them to me as a gift, knowing that I was thinking about crafting it.

I declined, just like I never considered getting one off the trading post, even if I’ve got enough resources to buy one out-right. Yet I’m very much considering doing the Bifrost precursor collections once I’ve gone through some of the other HoT content, simply because it looks like a fun way to occupy my time.

Getting in-game shinies is nice, but over three years of casual play I’ve collected enough shinies to get a heap of gold should I care to liquidate my assets, yet I don’t do it. Just as I don’t spend my time wondering about the “gold worth” of the activities I do in-game.

I’m a grown up with family and job that keep me occupied a lot. This game is my hobby, the time I spend to relax and enjoy myself. I don’t care to farm materials just to put them on the TP and exchange them for random gold. I don’t care to spend gold on shinies just to have a status symbol. I do care to spend my time playing stuff that amuses me, and precursor crafting looks just like the kind of stuff I’d enjoy, slowly gathering what I need during my play-time.

To me, a fun activity is infinitely more worth than efficient gold-gain that doesn’t amuse me. I don’t care if it’s cheaper to buy a pre than collect its pieces. Even if I got the precursor for free I’d still prefer the collection, since my fun is in collecting and crafting, not in possession.

Um… may I have a [The Legend?] because as someone living on the opposite end of the spectrum without 3 years worth of shinies to show for it. Could you at least shed some light on the difference between you and me? Is it seriously just RNG?

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

If it costs as much to make a precursor as buy one, but takes a lot more time, then there’s literally no point to it at all.

This is my feeling as well.

I’m excited to have something to work towards, but if I have to work towards it while also farming just as much gold, then I might as well just farm the gold and spend the time I would’ve spent earning the new WvW and PvP precursor tokens farming up even more gold for my next Legendary. Why can’t precursor TP prices be kept high just by requiring a bunch of time and effort to craft them? People will pay for the convenience of not having to go PvP and WvW for a while!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Actually, for Anet, there is a point. The chance to get thousands of people to pay $50+ for the privilege of adding a months worth of time investment to the TP cost.

So far, that’s the only valid reason I can think of as to why they did this. It’s a hook for selling the expansion, nothing more. Outside of that they have yet again blown an amazing amount of time and dev resources on smoke and mirrors.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

He literately says that there is a TIME AND A GOLD value with the collection so that the precursor price does not skydive. There was no word that it was intended so that the collection does cost more than buying it in the tp additionally to the time you need to spend ^^

Yes but what it strongly inferred is the price of crafting must be close to the cost of the precursors on the market, else the market would crash which he specifically stated the system was designed to avoid.

Now I dont believe it was intended for the crafting process to cost MORE than the TP however, TP precursor prices fluctuate at a much higher rate than the crafting will and this system has been in design for many months. During those months the price of pre’s has dropped significantly. So it would be reasonable to assume it was designed to mirror the original TP cost of precursors at the time of development, or even undercut them slightly. Unfortunately TP speculators crashed the pre market anyway, leading to the situation we have now.

It would be unreasonable however to expect Anet to constantly update the crafting progress to reflect the current market value.

Anyway my point was the crafting was never intended to cost notably less than the grind method, as inferred in the vid i linked, just provide a more engaging method of getting the precursor while eliminating the RNG element.

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Precursors should be obtainable in crafting themed jumping puzzles, where portals are disabled, and after carrying out such ritual for an adequate amount of time, the precursor chest will reveal itself.

Posted by: Tink.9486

Tink.9486

you also forgot to mention that it costs gold ( 5g) at least for the first tier to be unlocked per weapon you want, not sure how much it costs for Tier 2/3 but yeah. After I unlocked Twilight and saw what I needed and hearing horror storys of people saying the trophys are not guaranteed drops from events, that you will have to farm them for days maybe weeks to get 1, I said oh hell NO.

I went to the TP put in a order for my Pre and got it 5 mins later, This is how I made my First Legendary and this is how I will make all of them, especially ones like The pistol that is like 300gp lol for pre. I was really excited about this and the so called new map rewards which are also a big joke. After I make My legendary might be break time yet again.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Anyway my point was the crafting was never intended to cost notably less than the grind method, as inferred in the vid i linked, just provide a more engaging method of getting the precursor while eliminating the RNG element.

But that’s a mistake. It should take around the same amount of time, but not cost around the same amount.

While crafting you have a lot of stuff to do other than the gold. You need to do think like dance at certain place, do event, unlock masteries, etc. Those thing cost time even if they don’t cost gold.

If the cost in gold is the same between crafting and TP, then there is no reason to craft it since it will take you more time to craft than it will take to get the gold and buy it.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: nobleroar.2078

nobleroar.2078

was going to embark on the journey but the gold sink just puts me off… Now I am really hoping that the new legendaries DO NOT involve any gold or if need be, a small amount and the 35 days of gating for spirit wood planks for the legend crafting, is it for real?! its more than a month =.= … I think within a month one can just grind for gold and buy it off the TP minus the fun journey part but heck….

Jade Quarry
Mesmer | Night

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Don’t expect too much of the fun journey. Completing the Sunrise tier 1 collection was tedious.

“Do this specific event in this zone.” Ok, sure, I’m game.

Move to zone. Go to event area. Wait for up to 40 minutes for event to start. Do event in less than a minute. Rinse and repeat.

That’s the journey.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

My issue is not the price, but how it doesn’t really feel like a ‘Legendary Journey’.

This is my issue. I honestly wouldn’t have minded it taking months to complete, I just thought it would be something fun and well thought out to do. Instead not only is it faster to grind gold and buy someone’s lucky drop/reforging from the TP, it’s less expensive.

As to the fun, I don’t think that continuing to grind gold or grinding out mats, crafting, and on and on are a very fun ideal either. This is not what Anet said their intent was with the new system.

Posted by: Tanrenth.6450

Tanrenth.6450

Well I think if you don’t like what your doing (the legendary crafting or anything in general with the game) don’t do it?

DO we really need to discuss things like this that are an optional part of the game. I thought the whole point of this was to give players another way to get the legendary, not to make the whole process easy/cheap.

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You don’t need to discuss it. This thread is optional.

Blaine Tog.8304

Well I think if you don’t like what your doing (the legendary crafting or anything in general with the game) don’t do it?

Optional or not, we are the exact intended audience for this option and we’re unhappy with it.

Posted by: Vaelen.5294

Vaelen.5294

Easiest and fastest way to get a Precursor is to do the following:
Step 1. Go out and find a job making over $20/hour
Step 2. Realize that time is money and just pay Arenanet $100 for 8k gems, it is only 5 hours of your time at work.
Step 3. Convert 8000 gems into roughly 1000g and buy your Precursor off the TP

And there you go, fastest and simplest way to get it, right?

Posted by: Tanrenth.6450

Tanrenth.6450

Optional or not, we are the exact intended audience for this option and we’re unhappy with it.

The thing is some of the posts here are people that are unhappy with the time/cost it takes to get it. The fact that its a legendary weapon, shouldn’t it take a lot of time/effort to get?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

The thing is some of the posts here are people that are unhappy with the time/cost it takes to get it. The fact that its a legendary weapon, shouldn’t it take a lot of time/effort to get?

The pre is only one part of an already expensive crafting recipe. People seem to forget the pre is just an exotic.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

It’d rather it take more skill and less time to earn, but that’s just me.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Anyone who thought this would be easy or a short method was kidding themselves.

I didn’t think it would either easy or short and I was totally ok with that. But these numbers have me concerned. Why bother going through the hassle of putting together a precursor if you’re only saving 4 gold from buying it off the TP? You have to do a lot of work to make this happen. Shouldn’t the price be commensurately lower?

And you probably have to do a lot of work to get the gold as well.

This system lets you do a variety of things and just gathering as you play will get you a lot of materials. Even if you don’t mine what you need directly, you can sell what you don’t need to buy what you do.

Grinding gold directly is a horrendously slow process unless you do it in very specific areas.

Why you guys all thought this was going to be 75% fetch quests and dancing in front of npc’s or whatever is beyond me.

This was very clearly meant as an alternative to buying/forging, not a flat superior method.

Even if it was, the TP price of pre’s would likely fall to a lower amount to reflect the cost of questing one and you all would be crying about it still.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

So if I am understanding this correctly…
Community has waited years for arenanet’s post-poned and pushed aside “fix” to the legendary “problem” and the long awaited solution is still either grind for mats your self or buy off TP? Not about the adventure, not about skill, not about exploration…just find the best spot to farm mats, which they have a great track record of nerfing to the ground.

Is that what I am reading here?

The community waited years for this?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Phy.2913

Community has waited years for arenanet’s post-poned and pushed aside “fix” to the legendary “problem” and the long awaited solution is still either grind for mats your self or buy off TP? Not about the adventure, not about skill, not about exploration…just find the best spot to farm mats, which they have a great track record of nerfing to the ground.

You’re only half right. You grind mats AND jump through… go on adventures.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You can either give them X gold now, or go toil in the dirt for weeks on end to scrounge up X gold worth of items A, B, and C. Either way, it’s going to cost you X. Yeah, this is the fabled account-bound precursor system we’ve all waited years for.

Posted by: Rude.9485

Rude.9485

Wow not sure how true this is but I was really looking forward to a fun interactive way to get legendaries.

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

The tears in this thread…

I would much rather Anet give us all Precursors, since we paid for this game.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The community waited years for pie in the sky, vaporware “adventures”.

How are you supposed to explore anywhere when there are waypoints every 5 feet?
How is this going to be about skill when this is supposed to be the more or less casual player’s alternative?
What adventures could they hope to add? To make unique immersive adventure system for every weapon in the 1st gen and all the ones in 2nd gen they would need to make nearly a whole new game’s worth of content. This would be reasonable if the game were still in development and what we should of had on day 1. It’s never going to happen now.

Anyone who thought this wasn’t going to be a bland grind to do and expensive to bypass bought the hype hook, line, and sinker.

The best case scenario would be to get some nice flavor text to give context and lore to the Legendaries and we got that.

Everything else is a pipe dream.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

I liked Alaya’s bread metaphor. lol You spend all this money to buy a field, the tools to farm it, and the oven, when all that money could’ve just been used to buy the bread lol great stuff.

Blaine Tog.8304

I don’t mind the time and I don’t mind the effort. I would love for the precursor track to be difficult and time-consuming to complete.

What I mind is having to grind for 900 gold on top of the difficulty and time required, particularly when I could just buy the precursor off the TP for the same amount of money. It’s baffling why we wouldn’t get some kind of appreciable discount for putting in so much effort. Cutting the 900 gold up into 900 gold in smaller pieces isn’t what I wanted. I wanted an epic quest that required me to scour the ends of Tyria, to conquer difficult foes and unforgiving terrain, to replace the gold grind with a display of skill and dedication.

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to see why we’re not happy with spending an equivalent amount of gold plus extra effort to get the same thing.

Blaine Tog.8304

And you probably have to do a lot of work to get the gold as well.

Getting a massive pile of gold together is neither fun nor distinctive. The most efficient method by a wide margin is simply to buy gems with real-world money, but that wouldn’t feel satisfying to me. The second most efficient method is just to run the Silverwastes, but that’s extremely boring; there’s nothing “legendary” about running in a giant circle and pressing F occasionally.

I’ve already dumped an obscene amount of gold into the gifts of Fortune, Mastery, and The Bifrost. I was hoping for something more interesting than, “find the spot in the game with the highest gold gain and stay there for 50 hours.” And I actually quite liked the first stage of making my precursor, where you run around to all the runestones and scrounge all the pieces together. I’m just not so happy having to blow a few hundred gold just to get to the next bit that has some actual story and adventure to it.

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

I don’t think they ever said it was gonna be “cheaper”, just a way to get it thats not rng or the tp.

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.

Phy.2913

I don’t think they ever said it was gonna be “cheaper”, just a way to get it thats not rng or the tp.

They said they intended to keep roughly the same monetary value as part of the process. This thread is a discussion about how we feel about this and if it should be this way in the first place.

Posted by: Kyle.5931

Kyle.5931

Maybe the “Legendary Journeys” are meant for the new lines of legendaries.

Because sooner or later, the price of pres in TP will come in equilibrium with the cost of crafting them yourself.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Well I said “kitten it” and decided to just spend the gold I had been saving up on a Legend from the TP when it dipped down to around 900g over the weekend.

The only precursor crafting I do will be for the new legendaries, once future ones are added to the game.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

let me tell you what I think.

The game has been live for about 4 days or something and alot of players has just started playing with this collection. The prices on the TP is at the moment are calibrated after GW2 Core game and the new stuff on TP is high but is descending fast. As I made a remark about in an identical post I said that Flax seeds and sand is something almost all guilds will need as they need it to build the tavern, when I first looked on the prices for the the cost was about 40s each, next day they cost 30s each and last I looked they did cost almost 20s each. For each day the economy will even out to tell us the “true” price of everything.

Now for Precursor crafting, At the moment it is cheaper to buy them directly from TP but soon players will see this and know that they actually can sell them at a higher price or the mats to craft them will be lower becouse more players rather sell mats instead of crafting. Becouse it is we the players who decides how much stuff will cost on TP. I am not saying that this will happen, I am not good at stuff like this at all but I can for sure figure out that it needs to take more than four days for the prices to get a “true” value in a “new” game.

Also there is so much new stuff to craft and Guild Halls require alot of crafting mats and I bet alot of guilds are throwing lots of stuff in them at the moment so for a while alot of TP stuff will get a higher demand.

I am pretty sure Anet won’t do anything about this until they know for sure that something is off, but now it is to early to tell.

(This is purely what I beleave)

Edit:
Oh and also this is a wonderfull thing for players like me, I don’t like to buy things on TP, I am against precursors and Legendaries even being tradable. I have played GW2 almost constantly for over 3 years and I haver ever got a precursor nor have I tried to play in mystic toilet iether.

I on the other hand have(had)* som much crafting mats from playing so I could get me a good way on the precursor crafting. Now I don’t like the old precursors so I wont bother anyway but others like me might like them and can get them without spending a dime on TP and/or pray to the RNG gods.
(Why I said ‘had’ is becouse I used alot of crafting mats on our Guild Hall)

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Unseenchaos.7036

Unseenchaos.7036

I haven’t read everything in this topic yet but I’m going to share my opinion on legendaries. They should be expensive they should be very bloody expensive. They should be extremely hard and long to get. That is what makes them legendary. Legendaries should have the wow factor. If I see someone with a legendary weapon I want to be amazed, I want to know that the player has spent a tonne of effort earning that weapon. No one should even be 1% of the journey to getting a legendary 5 days in. Are they really “legendary” if they can be produced without legendary amounts of effort?

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

I haven’t read everything in this topic yet but I’m going to share my opinion on legendaries. They should be expensive they should be very bloody expensive. They should be extremely hard and long to get. That is what makes them legendary. Legendaries should have the wow factor. If I see someone with a legendary weapon I want to be amazed, I want to know that the player has spent a tonne of effort earning that weapon. No one should even be 1% of the journey to getting a legendary 5 days in. Are they really “legendary” if they can be produced without legendary amounts of effort?

Legendaries should be hard to aquire, but they should be gated behind hard content that requires skill.

As of now the only thing I assume when I see a player with legendaries is that he has no skill because he´s spending all his waking hours running in circles in the Silverwastes or used his mommys credit card.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Legendaries should be hard to aquire, but they should be gated behind hard content that requires skill.

As of now the only thing I assume when I see a player with legendaries is that he has no skill because he´s spending all his waking hours running in circles in the Silverwastes or used his mommys credit card.

Thats what we got the new legendaries (needs maguuma map completion) and the legendary backpack for (fractals).

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: ChrizZcE.5981

ChrizZcE.5981

Thats what we got the new legendaries (needs maguuma map completion) and the legendary backpack for (fractals).

yes, it´s a step in the right direction. However there is only three new legendary weapons so far.