prestigious stuffs

prestigious stuffs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

I had an idea that it would be fun to make a character loaded with the most prestigious stuff in game. Can anyone tell me what that may be? When it comes to armor, I’m using ranger, so medium

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Do you have 20k+ Gold? Because that is what you will need. Chak egg sack aura alone costs 10000 gold.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Do you have 20k+ Gold? Because that is what you will need. Chak egg sack aura alone costs 10000 gold.

just curious, I probably won’t do it but I’d like to know what the most prestigious items are

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Most player think legendary weapon prestigious. Really I do not agree because can buy them (not the new one though) and no other player really care when see player with legendary. You should just get thing you want and enjoy for you character because real thing is no other player really care what you have. So get thing you find more fun for you.

;)

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

StuffstuffshinySTUFF!!!

Luminescent is the shiniest!

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

If you play ranger, an intelligent pet will be your precious then.

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

This topic come up a few time. I think the conclusion is prestigious gear don’t necessary look good.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-s-most-prestigious-outfit

That being said, I would expect a person in full legendary to look good.

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

I’ll bite,
it kind of depends on what you consider prestigious? (most $, hardest to get or rarest game drop?)

For medium: Stalwart’s Armour (or heritage armour) with Wintersday Shoulders and celebration hat /(maybe wurmslayer’s pieces)

back: Mawdrey/mad Memories/Toy maker’s bag /Molten Jetpack/ Storm Wizard’s/ or wings of the sunless

2H Sword: GreatSaw (eternity is overdone + hello fricken chainsaw!)

Staff: Nevermore (it’s really a cash item…)

Bow: Storm Wizards /Toads/any SAB skin (seriously who can get this now beyond buying?) or Sunless bow or Mistforged Heroes…. or Kudzu, (the dreamer is seriously overdone as well)

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you don’t want to use a full set of Legendaries you might want to look at the Fused weapons. Those go for between 1000 to 2000 gold each.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are plenty of “look I am rich!” or “I play this game a lot.” stuff. Prestigious? Hmm

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Queen Bee was at 3K golds when it first came out. 10k golds for this skin is such a waste, you can’t even use it on BiS items and you are stuck with celestial stats with it. This need just months to get some and you will see the price drop like a charm.

(edited by Khyan.7039)

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Really not too sure if OP means expensive prestigious or hard to get prestigious items. I’ll go with a bit of both. Under the circumstances that everything is stackable and shows up on your character with each of these individual effects I’m probably thinking:

- Chak Egg Sac
- Queen Bee
- Black Poly Refractor thing
- any of the Ghostly Infusions
- any of the WvW tournament weapon skins (unobtainable atm due to zero love for WvW)
- full ascended armor with either Glorious Skins (takes effort in form of actually doing PvP)
- anything that was only obtainable via owning and achieving things in GW1

Most people don’t care about legendaries anymore, I myself own 8 or so of the original legendaries and I only bother using Juggernaut skin for the hammer or Howler for warhorns.

The Halloween weapon skins like the scythe and Greatsaw took a bit of a plunge prior this year so idk if you’d like Greatsaw as a prestigious looking skin for your ranger if they use a GS at all.

You have to take into account discontinued items too. They are deemed prestegious.

I agree with others in this thread; items can and will fluctuate and change in price over time and may or may not be deemed prestigious as they once were.

I like my Fused weapon skins too seeing as ANet hasnt brought back Fused skins in agessssss.

Hope that helps.

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

prestigious stuffs

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

“Prestigious” depends on who you are asking.

• Most effects? You want auras (poly lumi refractors, queen bee, winter’s presence, and chak egg), legendary weapons (maybe eternity or one of the new ones), and probably one of the shinier armor sets.
  • Hardest to obtain? Legendary armor and legendary back. Plus various skins that only showed up once ages ago, e.g. bunny ears.
  • Most expensive? TP is the best measure of that.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”