refer-a-friend?

refer-a-friend?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: taldar.6732

taldar.6732

I was wondering if there is/will ever be a refer-a-friend for GW2? I have a friend who I think would love this game but I can’t seem to find anything on the subject that’s from 2014.

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

You could just, you know, tell them about the game? Having another friend playing should be all the incentive you need. Besides, the game’s being sold at half price (with bonus items thanks to heroic edition) often enough; what other perks need to be thrown in?

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

You could just, you know, tell them about the game? Having another friend playing should be all the incentive you need. Besides, the game’s being sold at half price (with bonus items thanks to heroic edition) often enough; what other perks need to be thrown in?

Yeah, but if there WAS a unique reward item (such as a mini, title, skin…) – can you imagine how crazy many new accounts would be recruited?

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: taldar.6732

taldar.6732

thanks guys i’ll forward that video to him!

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea, WoW’s refer-a-friend system was one of the things I think they did well. It would be pretty awesome to see something like this brought to GW2. =)

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

How did they do it?

refer-a-friend?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

How did they do it?

I can only speak to how the system was set up a few years ago since I haven’t touched the game in a long while, but they had a system where you could refer a friend to try WoW. If they got the game, you could link accounts and it would grant a bonus to experience gain when you both played together. In addition to this, there were also some exclusive rewards, such as mounts, that you could obtain.

GW2, of course, couldn’t do the mounts, but I could see them coming out with a set of minis (one for each person) that could interact somehow when near each other. Imagine getting a Caithe mini and your friend getting a Faolain mini, then having Faolain chase Caithe around, lol.