scared of new updates?

scared of new updates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Anyone else scared of the new updates? And by that I mean the new skins/armor that gets pinged in LA. I’m afraid that anet will lock them up into more RNG boxes only available @ the gem store =/ I don’t mind though if it’ll be like the rox stuff where you can buy it on the fly. but I’m getting really tired with the RNG boxes, so much so that I do NOT want any more new skins coz I’ll just get disappointed with either
1.) so few people getting them
2.) me not getting them

When I saw the chest burster sclerite weap, I knew I just had to have it. Then when I saw the abysmal droprate of the skin, I resigned myself into not getting it. Now that the steampunk weaps/armor are gonna be here soon, I’m afraid I’m setting myself up for more disappointment =/

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s going to blow up eventually. The boxes are one thing I sincerely don’t agree with. Price those things 2000 gems for all I care but give people a chance at getting them without RNG (pun totally intended).

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m against the RNG for all the best skins too. Though Anet ocassionally throws us a bone, they’re clearly reserving the best skins for RNG boxes. Not cool at all.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

I like it just because it promotes variety.

Now, I want to get that dragon shield. If i don’t get it, no problem. If I do get it I will have the satisfaction to know that it is a rare item.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Now, I want to get that dragon shield. If i don’t get it, no problem. If I do get it I will have the satisfaction to know that it is a rare item.

Releasing content period promotes variety. Releasing it in the way ANet does it promotes exclusivity. There are people that can afford these things… And there are people who can’t. I can’t. Most people can’t and are turned off by it. It doesn’t endear anyone to ANet or to GW2.

I dread every content update for this reason, and a couple others. I’m at that point where I like the game enough to play it when I have nothing else to do.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i m not scared for things other will have.

I m scared of things anet will take way from what i have now.

I one was a PvE staff ele player
Nerf after nerf i was pushed into D/D

Nerf after nerf i finally had to switch to mesmer…..

Now i hear pvp players cry about mesmer and i fear my PvE mesmer will become unfun as my ele became.

That is the only fear i have every update.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

scared of new updates?

Zoldyck.6241

Releasing content period promotes variety. Releasing it in the way ANet does it promotes exclusivity. There are people that can afford these things… And there are people who can’t. I can’t. Most people can’t and are turned off by it. It doesn’t endear anyone to ANet or to GW2.

I dread every content update for this reason, and a couple others. I’m at that point where I like the game enough to play it when I have nothing else to do.

I would agree and disagree on different levels.

On one hand, the people who can afford these items are mostly the ones complaining since they didn’t get it after spending huge amounts of money on gems or gold. Of course there will always be dissatisfaction for those who cannot get it but like everything else in life, we can’t have everything.

On the other hand, it is a major turn-off to be opening hundreds of boxes and getting only candies and fireworks (and if i see another Zhaitaffy, I will puke IRL). If there are something useful in those boxes…

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

It is great that they bring out new skins continually- hiding them in boxes is a mistake though.
It does not promote variety- not everyone likes everything.
Variety promotes variety.
RnG is just frustrating- if they had these for sale straight up or even tradable, people would acquire what they really like.

This does not even add to prestige- there is nothing prestigious about it.

Gunnar’s Hold

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Itchen.8754

Itchen.8754

what ever happened to the times when a kick kitten skin was given / earned from doing things such as.. FoW-UW-DoA.. Granted we have other ways of getting them now.. how ever i really miss the ole feeling of chests, keys, that random gold drop that made you squee with glee (especially when it was a rare skin aka my beloved chaos axe). . . Perhaps a expansion will fix these things?…

I recall hearing from multiple areas that the Gem store money dose not directly go into Gw2 (Anet) it goes to NCsoft. Sadly a part of me fears this will hurt gw2 in such a big way.. I want to be proven wrong .. bleh

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Maro.2170

Maro.2170

The entire RNG system as it is currently is lacking greatly. I have no problem with any cash shop, with the exception of when game reward content is largely cosmetic, being forced to spend RL money in said cash shop to gain said rewards (example being Fused Weapon Skins only being avail from a blc and no longer obtainable) vs, recent weapon tickets for Jade items will be around for as long as coffers are on the tp. Now to get a key for a locked blc has to be done thru the cash shop, and everyone is aware of the crap that comes from those chests. Hence the gamblebox and RNG system failure. With the release of DB and the high drop rate of the coffers ingame plus rich coffers avail thru cash shop is different. If someone wants to spen RL money for increased chances over another that chooses to spen time farming is different. (not that I agree, but is fair imo even with their lousy RNG chances) But any new skins being introduced via any of these methods and only thru these methods is not a good practice on Anet/NCsofts behalf. This combined with rushing of new content without fully QA’ing the content and consistantly being buggy, to the point of annoying the player base is also a bad practice.

This game has only bee out just under a year, do they want people still playing it 2, 3, 5 or more years from now like most other successful mmo’s? Then they need to find a little better balance and thought into future content/events/item aquisation or they may have some problems. I feel things are “trending” the wrong way. I continue to play with the hope that things will be smoothed out, but they are not giving the player base much confidence that it will.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I’m against the RNG for all the best skins too. Though Anet ocassionally throws us a bone, they’re clearly reserving the best skins for RNG boxes. Not cool at all.

Bookmarking this for the next time someone accuses Vayne as being a blind fan boy.

I also hate the RNG, I think everyone does. I find it’s easier if I don’t even look at what’s available. Invariably, the items they give us are things I don’t really want.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I get a bit nervous with each new announcement. It seems I dislike more and more with what they develop.

First it was ascended gear and how fractals were initially handled.
Then came Guild Missions. (I dislike the idea of this because I am forced to plan my life around a game if I wanted to run these with my guild. There is another word for this: Raids and there are other games that do scheduled guild content 10000x better).
Then came RNG.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

To be fair, Colin just commented yesterday that they are working on changing up the way the rewards system works. I think they have heard what you have said and are going to do something different. This release was already different in its distribution of rewards, so I think they are listening. =)

scared of new updates?

Zoldyck.6241

I also hate the RNG, I think everyone does.

I don’t hate it, but I do believe that the other stuff in the boxes should be at least somewhat useful.

scared of new updates?

Vayne.8563

Bookmarking this for the next time someone accuses Vayne as being a blind fan boy.

I also hate the RNG, I think everyone does. I find it’s easier if I don’t even look at what’s available. Invariably, the items they give us are things I don’t really want.

Lots of people accuse Vayne of being a blind fanboy. There are several things I really don’t like about the game…I simply say it’s moved in the right direction from other MMOs for my play style.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

I am not scared of new updates but recently I have developed a lets see what they kittened up with this update. If they spent as much time on the game and its content as they do on the gem store there probably wouldn’t be so much content that is broken/bugged.

Last night in Sparkfly Fen the Asuran Risen Thrall were invisible. Wouldn’t have been so bad but not only were they invisible the little kitten holes were extremely fast. Luckily they were targetable. And before anyone says Thrall are not Asuran I urge you to check it out for yourself.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Add my name to the list of people who don’t agree with the RNG box direction of GW2. BL chests are all the RNG box we need. New weapon skins should be introduced to the loot tables of existing enemies/bosses or new ones so that people can go out and earn them by playing the game. If they want money, they should provide weapon skins for 800 gems each.

A message to Anet: I’m not sure how good or bad your sales were for the Wintersday weapon skins, but if your decision to put the subsequent skins in RNG boxes has anything to do with that, please understand that I did not buy any Wintersday weapons from the gem store because I thought they looked ugly, not because there was a lack of random chance involved. I’m sure many others made the same choice. We want to buy weapon skins directly for 800 gems each, but you have to provide skins that actually look good. If you had offered the Fuzed or Jade skins for 800 each, I probably would have spent over 5000 gems to get skins for different characters.

I just feel like Anet got the wrong message for the wrong reasons when they tried to sell us weapon skins the first time, and now they are using RNG boxes because of a misconception in sales results.

scared of new updates?

cesmode.4257

The skins from wintersday were terrible. The ones from the Southsun event in May were pretty good. Had the game not been rolling in a complete RNG/push to gem store direction, I would have purchased a skin on my own accord.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

It had been 6 months since I bought my last RNG box off the black lion store. So, I decided, I would give them a try again today. 400 gems for 5 “Rich” chests. The result? I got a bunch of candy. Waste of 5 bucks.

Last time I do that. It’s just that simple.

GW2 lottery boxes are, for the vast majority of users, simply unrewarding and not worth the money. Direct purchase skins, however, I will happily continue to buy from now on!

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

scared of new updates?

Posted by: TheProphetOmega.3596

TheProphetOmega.3596

I would be more disappointing not scared if they went the route most other online games go, releasing weapons and armor with higher stats and or more power, but since they are only cosmetic, and almost impossible to get without spending ca$h, then I dont worry at all.

I´d rather make them available in the gem store tho…

I am the wonder, I am the storm.

scared of new updates?

penatbater.4710

I just wish there was a way to have gotten the sclerite weapons, even if it means prices going up to 10-15g each. =/ Chestburster, I will miss you so.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

Remember the Mad King’s Clock Tower? That’s the way to reward people… Imagine if the chest a the top rewarded one of the dragon weapon skins… I’d be ok if you could only do it once per account. Right now, getting a weapon skin all about luck.

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Tuck.4095

Tuck.4095

I blame NCsoft for these RNG skins.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Remember the Mad King’s Clock Tower? That’s the way to reward people… Imagine if the chest a the top rewarded one of the dragon weapon skins… I’d be ok if you could only do it once per account. Right now, getting a weapon skin all about luck.

You would get a storm of protest from the 9/10 who couldn’t do it…

A lot of people would quit with GW2 being renamed Jump Wars 2…

scared of new updates?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not happy with the skins being locked to the RNG boxes either. Just let us buy the kitten things outright.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Welcome to the b2p/f2p MMO’s , your opinion does not matter when your fellow player is willing to spend $100+ on this rng content. When it comes to money Anet does not answer to the playerbase, they answer to NCsoft.

A sub model will always benefit the side of the community over f2p/b2p options, if a certain amount of players don’t like content, they show this concern by dropping their sub.

Out of the f2p/b2p mmo genre GW2 is the best out there imo, don’t expect them to change to much from the RNG/DR business model.

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

scared of new updates?

penatbater.4710

I like this idea but I kinda agree with you too. Too many people will QQ. In the end, someone somewhere will always QQ about the smallest of things.

“OH MY GOD AMBIENT CREATURES NOW TAKES TWO HITS TO KILL! WTF ANET YOU RUINED THE GAME FOR ME!”

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Rooks Zaer.5846

Rooks Zaer.5846

I am a little bit scared after the last few updates. I feel like we are getting these shallow living story/holiday events merely as a way to wrap frequent gem store updates. As if they’ve given up on any longer term content plans and want to milk as much cash out of their current players as they can before everyone has lost interest.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

ALWAYS…

Ever since fractals, (and them taking the focus OFF the old dungeons that needed fixing a lot more) I’ve learned to dread every new update… Though this isn’t anything new, they had this same pattern in GW1 for a LONG time when it came to PVE until they finally started using Skill-Splits regularly.

…Oh and that’s the other reason…. PVE skills once again getting shafted on a regular basis, Ranger pets being the most prime example coming up and that nerf is due annnnny daaay noowww…

scared of new updates?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Anyone else scared of the new updates? And by that I mean the new skins/armor that gets pinged in LA. I’m afraid that anet will lock them up into more RNG boxes only available @ the gem store =/ I don’t mind though if it’ll be like the rox stuff where you can buy it on the fly. but I’m getting really tired with the RNG boxes, so much so that I do NOT want any more new skins coz I’ll just get disappointed with either
1.) so few people getting them
2.) me not getting them

When I saw the chest burster sclerite weap, I knew I just had to have it. Then when I saw the abysmal droprate of the skin, I resigned myself into not getting it. Now that the steampunk weaps/armor are gonna be here soon, I’m afraid I’m setting myself up for more disappointment =/

I’m kind of scared about what they plan on doing with the new steampunk skins.

Seriously. And this is besides the point of making the leather ones look awful compared to the heavy armor version.

For real real. Engis would like to be made heavy armor if for no other purpose then getting what we deserve by default, the better looking steampunk armor. kay kay?!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Until people STOP BUYING RNG boxes, they will continue to use that mechanic. It’s that simple. I have refused to buy gems for any reason at this point, I just refuse to support the mentality behind the RNG kitten.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

I am a little bit scared after the last few updates. I feel like we are getting these shallow living story/holiday events merely as a way to wrap frequent gem store updates. As if they’ve given up on any longer term content plans and want to milk as much cash out of their current players as they can before everyone has lost interest.

Wow, it does seem like this…

I have had the feeling that things have been going down hill for quite some time now and as a player that has already spent way too much time and $$ in the gem store the quality of content not being good as well as the lack comment by A-net staff just seems like the game is headed for a FAIL that will rival, if not surpass, that of D3.

Quality control is obviously not a high priority lately as Anet releases bugged content that appears to mainly be concentrated on the gem store. It also seems that if you really want a fast reply from Anet staff make a post or bug report about the gem store……..

Blatant disregard for your customer base while concentrating only on the bottom line while the quality of your product is in gradual decline is not a good way to go. I have only played 4 games on my computers. D1,D2, GW1 & GW2 and I am already looking for what is coming out next instead of the 3-4 years I had anticipated playing GW2 prior to and up to 9 months after release.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

More in depth content takes time to create. Skins that I can live without don’t worry me. I’m not concerned about updates in that regard. I do have some concerns about ANet continuing to throw out changes to classes across all game modes when their class design philosophy has failed to promote anything remotely resembling balanced classes in PvE.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

So long as people are stupid enough to buy RNG boxes, developers and publishers will keep making them, because that’s how they make money.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

I like this idea but I kinda agree with you too. Too many people will QQ. In the end, someone somewhere will always QQ about the smallest of things.

“OH MY GOD AMBIENT CREATURES NOW TAKES TWO HITS TO KILL! WTF ANET YOU RUINED THE GAME FOR ME!”

I’m not saying put a jumping puzzle in for every single skin. I’m just using this as an example of something that took skill to achieve instead of paying (gold or gems) for a chance to win.

As an aside, I spent quite a few hours attempting that darn tower with quite a few sware word spewn forth towards my laptop screen. However, there have been few things in GW2 that I’ve had more satisfaction from than looting the chest at the top’O that tower. It’s a shame that even though it gave out a high level piece of gear, the boots were not really relevant in terms of stats or appearance.

Someone will always complain. But, I truely believe that skill based rewards will always trumph Pay-2-RNG.

I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t like the RNG boxes, but I wouldn’t say I’m scared of the updates.

I just don’t buy them, don’t even consider buying them, and use some of the many other skins out there instead.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

I am also at the point where anything in the store is not worth buying unless I can directly purchase it.

I’m trying to figure out how they expect funding from the gem store if lots of people refuse to buy anything because they know they’re literally throwing their money away.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I am also at the point where anything in the store is not worth buying unless I can directly purchase it.

I’m trying to figure out how they expect funding from the gem store if lots of people refuse to buy anything because they know they’re literally throwing their money away.

Because for every 5 people who refuse to spend money on RNG boxes, there’s 1 person out there spending hundreds of dollars on them, so they’re making more money on that one person spending hundreds than they would just putting the skins in the shop and letting the majority buy them outright.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Because for every 5 people who refuse to spend money on RNG boxes, there’s 1 person out there spending hundreds of dollars on them, so they’re making more money on that one person spending hundreds than they would just putting the skins in the shop and letting the majority buy them outright.

No.

It doesn’t work that way.

If people really did spend hundreds of dollars for skins, you’d see a lot more commanders and legendaries. It only costs roughly $1000 to buy a legendary.

You cannot make something so expensive that people will start to believe it’s not worth the effort. If someone can spend $100 on another video game and get FAR more for it (games life RIFT) then why would they spend $100 here and get nothing?

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I don’t like RNG system either, but if they consider it more profitable, I can totally understand.
The only thing I would like is that some more “common” skins, that everyone could get were added as well. sometimes, freed from RNG systems…I am starting to be a little bored of seeing always the same skins out there, apart from a few lucky cases…

\||||||/
O°v°O

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I’ve been thinking this same thing for a while now.

scared of new updates?

cesmode.4257

Because the game is already dubbed Daily Wars 2, or Grind Wars 2.

I am having a hard time understanding the logic behind rng boxes. Do the devs sit around a conference room and say “Hmm, this is such a success. they love RNG boxes”.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

No.

It doesn’t work that way.

If people really did spend hundreds of dollars for skins, you’d see a lot more commanders and legendaries. It only costs roughly $1000 to buy a legendary.

You cannot make something so expensive that people will start to believe it’s not worth the effort. If someone can spend $100 on another video game and get FAR more for it (games life RIFT) then why would they spend $100 here and get nothing?

You go tell that to all the people complaining that they spent $200 or whatever to try and get the skins.

Either they’re all lying and coming here to rage about something that never actually happened or there are actually people that stupid.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

scared of new updates?

Vayne.8563

I am having a hard time understanding the logic behind rng boxes. Do the devs sit around a conference room and say “Hmm, this is such a success. they love RNG boxes”.

By a small minority of disenchanted people, not by any majority. Sure on the forums like a half a dozen guys have dubbed it that. But it’s no where near the grind of most MMOs and the dailies aren’t as bad as most MMOs, so it’s not a big deal.

It would be if it were true, I suppose. Glad it isn’t.

scared of new updates?

tigirius.9014

By a small minority of disenchanted people, not by any majority. Sure on the forums like a half a dozen guys have dubbed it that. But it’s no where near the grind of most MMOs and the dailies aren’t as bad as most MMOs, so it’s not a big deal.

In game map chat says otherwise. Not all people who complain about the game come to the forums some complain in public chat rooms and on other websites. Calling it a minority just because of the few that come here doesn’t discredit that they’re right anymore then not being a game designer means you can’t possibly understand what’s going on in that same process or realize just what’s possibly happening behind the scenes. The prerequisite for arguments requiring the majority or requiring expertise is a strawman designed to take away from the truth of the matters at hand in everything.

scared of new updates?

cesmode.4257

Half dozen eh? Hahahaha. Youre a huge forum goer here. I expected you to see that this forum community is at least 50/50 on these subjects. How come any guild that I’ve been in(and still am in) is emptied..deserted, inactive?

All friends have stopped playing(all too familiar story). My contacts list remains grey with noone ever online. There are reasons for this.

scared of new updates?

Vayne.8563

In game map chat says otherwise. Not all people who complain about the game come to the forums some complain in public chat rooms and on other websites. Calling it a minority just because of the few that come here doesn’t discredit that they’re right anymore then not being a game designer means you can’t possibly understand what’s going on in that same process or realize just what’s possibly happening behind the scenes. The prerequisite for arguments requiring the majority or requiring expertise is a strawman designed to take away from the truth of the matters at hand in everything.

I call it a minority because people complain more than they compliment. A perfect example is the forums I used to moderate.

There were half a dozen REALLY negative people there (this was before November) and they drove all the people that liked the game out. Many of those people ended up in my guild and most of them still play.

The point is, 6 idiots drove out 50-60 people who liked the game.

People who are enjoying themselves aren’t mostly like me. This sort of stuff annoys them and they avoid it. But since only a handful of people can prevent a lot of people form talking (as I’ve seen first head) talking in game is as meaningless as talking here.

I know a whole lot of people who leave map chat off because there are too many people in map chat they’d rather not listen to.

scared of new updates?

tigirius.9014

I call it a minority because people complain more than they compliment. A perfect example is the forums I used to moderate.

There were half a dozen REALLY negative people there (this was before November) and they drove all the people that liked the game out. Many of those people ended up in my guild and most of them still play.

People who are enjoying themselves aren’t mostly like me. This sort of stuff annoys them and they avoid it. But since only a handful of people can prevent a lot of people form talking (as I’ve seen first head) talking in game is as meaningless as talking here.

I know a whole lot of people who leave map chat off because there are too many people in map chat they’d rather not listen to.

I also find it amazing that just because people sound negative alot about something that somehow makes them wrong. It’s not wrong to expect what you paid for in any sense of the word. Those people who complained could have just been repeating the things they noticed that someone else mentioned first. It happens all the time.

Someone mentions the gas prices and others chime in. People who stop using gasoline aren’t necessarily worse off in their daily lives or find alternatives that do make them happier.

There’s going to be loss in this field especially when there were prelaunch promises that were put on indefinitely hold, that’s no secret and it’s not going away until something’s done. People don’t like being told 1 thing and then discovering that what they paid for was something entirely different. That’s just the way of consumerism.

scared of new updates?

Vayne.8563

I also find it amazing that just because people sound negative alot about something that somehow makes them wrong. It’s not wrong to expect what you paid for in any sense of the word. Those people who complained could have just been repeating the things they noticed that someone else mentioned first. It happens all the time.

Someone mentions the gas prices and others chime in. People who stop using gasoline aren’t necessarily worse off in their daily lives or find alternatives that do make them happier.

There’s going to be loss in this field especially when there were prelaunch promises that were put on indefinitely hold, that’s no secret and it’s not going away until something’s done. People don’t like being told 1 thing and then discovering that what they paid for was something entirely different. That’s just the way of consumerism.

There are also people who jump on the bandwagon without even understanding the conversation. This happens all the time. Like the number of climate change skeptics out there who don’t have a clue about the science.

Agreeing with something doesn’t make it right, even if a whole bunch of people agree. Most people are sheep. They hear people saying stuff and they want to fit in. This isn’t some obscure concept, but a very normal psychological one. It’s how peer pressure works.

You can tell a joke that has no meaning at all, have a few people laugh at it and a room full of people will also laugh, even if there’s no joke.

scared of new updates?

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Yes. But better yet, have multiple ways for people to accomplish the same goal via skill.

Jumping puzzle master? You get a ticket.
Farming god" You get a ticket.
PvE Boss Buster? You get a ticket.
Scavenger Hunter Extraordinaire? You get a godkitten ticket.

RNG lucky son of a kitten? Well, kitten son, you’ve got everything else in the game, I guess you can have a ticket too. :|

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”