*sigh* back down too 1g again.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I noticed three things here. First is 50 heavy bags is kinda low for 5-8 hours of WvW play, maybe reroll Guardian or Necro. Second, don’t spend if you want to save. Third, 5-8 hours per day is a lot of time spent in game.

I would only really worry about that last thing.

Shouldn’t have to reroll to play a game effectively.

All profs should be equally viable.

all profs are viable, just at other things. If they were all exactly equal, they wouldn’t be 8, but rather 1 profession ;P

Simply not true.

Other games manage to make all classes/profs viable in every type of play.

No, you will never have complete equality, where you have differences, but the inequality in this game is bad, comparatively speaking.

For example, I was never, ever told that hunters “aren’t for dungeons” in WoW; whereas, I have been told exactly that, re. rangers, in GW2.

….and then, I do WvW and hear that rangers are bad for that, too, most of the time (from a reasonable-sounding guy).

It’s shoddy design and that is not good enough.

terrific, now you have explained to us elaborately how things should be, not that we did not know that before. But this does not help OP a single bit nor was it asked for by anyone.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

@OP
Problem: “I spend too much gold”

Solution: Stop spending gold. Write down things that you impulsively want to buy and the date you discovered the item. Wait 1 week, if you still want that item, buy it.

Edit: I see people talking about his gold earning rate. This is besides the point the OP made. Their problem is not earning gold. Their problem is the lack of restraint when posed with an impulse desire.

It’s not entirely beside the point, because if he could earn more gold, his spending would obviously not be as much of an issue.

The real point, as I say, is this is a non sub-based game, so of course they will try to tempt people to spend more real money and the way you do that is by cash-starving people in-game and dangling shiny baubles in front of them.

The ranger profession is fine for dungeons. Many ranger players on the other hand …

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

What im trying to say is, i spend my gold and dont make enough to sustain how much i spend, been saving for a character slot unsuccesfully.

Curb your spending… budgeting is a real life hangover I know :0

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

Every class viable, and almost any class can be made near optimally. Rangers can do very well in WvW, and PvE. I main my Ranger in WvW and its a lot of fun, I can win 1v1’s plenty of time. More of this game comes down to skill rather than skills. Granted, stats and skill setup count for something. I have been in plenty of AC runs when I was leveling up and out damaging and playing the level 80s simply due to knowledge.

As for money, I do the following:
1. I put about half of what I have currently away at the same time every day, usually just before bed.
2. Sell materials. That nets you quite a bit.
3. Compare sell prices to Merchant for anything over 2silver. More often than not selling on trading post will net you more.
4. If its 25s sell price or more on trading post, sell it on the trading post immediately.

I combine this with my usual $20 every paycheck converted into Gold and I have quite a bit to play with.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Third, 5-8 hours per day is a lot of time spent in game.

Since people were more concerned about class balance I’ll repost the important thing in my post.

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

First world Guildwars 2 problems. I’d kill to make 6g in one, lucky enough to make 2g.

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

I have 1000g and I still feel poor..

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: Red Queen.7915

Red Queen.7915

Well, if you feel poor either way, I’ll happily take part of this pecuniary burden off your shoulders
At least then you don’t have to worry about spending it^^

PSA: The amount of small felines serves as an indicator for just how angry I am at something.

Kaerleikur @ Elonaspitze

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Well, if you feel poor either way, I’ll happily take part of this pecuniary burden off your shoulders
At least then you don’t have to worry about spending it^^

More like it’s so easy to go poof ):
Atm I’m resisting the urge to buy Zap and wait for HoT. Oh how difficult it is…I already bought The Chosen and Flame of Rodgort lol. I wish Zap was as cheap as them….

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I don’t even make that much (and I can’t play every day) and I’m very close to making my legendary. It’s just taken me longer than it does for people who are willing to farm gold.

The trick, as other people have said, is to learn to save it. What helped me a lot was making a personal guild bank and storing most of my gold in there. I only keep a little bit on me (enough that I can waypoint if necessary, although I avoid doing that unless I need to). It’s not that hard to go to the guild bank, switch to my storage guild and withdraw the money but it’s enough to curb impulse spending. Especially because it’s not sitting right there every time I open my inventory.

This might sound contradictory but it also helps to get used to the idea that having only 1g, or less than 1g, is ok. Right now I have 6 silver and 30 copper. I’m kittened right? Never going to get my legendary? No. It’s ok because earlier tonight I had 6 gold and I spent it on T6 mats for my legendary. At some point in the near future I’ll have more gold, and I’ll spend that on T6 as well. As long as you’re spending it on the things you want then it’s ok that it’s gone. It’s only if you’ve blown it on some impulse purchase that doesn’t really interest you that it’s an issue.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Can’t really help you there, I remember that I had no money back when I did WvW and PvP for a long time, but don’t assume that making money in PvE is that much fun either, if you enjoy doing dungeons sure, but otherwise it’s a grind you choose to do, a rewarding grind but a grind nonetheless.

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You can do Maize Balm farm in WvW think there is one spot in borderland easy 25g per hr.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Doing teq once a day takes like 20 minutes, you have to get in a bit early to get a good instance but otherwise its an easy 2-3g per day. After do the jumping puzzle and some gathering in the SE part of malchors leap on however many toons you can (easy to park them there if you wvw), only takes a few minutes and is another 1-2g a day.

Then level crafting (I know, you have to put in some effort to make gold, wtf!), and make time gated things like ascended mats and mawdrey parts, thats another 2-3g a day at least, depending on when you sell.

Add in converting laurels to t6 mats (as long as you arent an altaholic), which averages another 2g a day, which you can do multiple times if you have spare accounts.

There. Like 8g a day in about a half an hour, and no need to do any dungeons. If you want more do silverwastes for an hour a day, which is at least as much gold/hr as dungeons.

That or just buy gems, a part time jobs income ends up giving like 60g/hour, nothing more profitable than that.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele