so many people with map completion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

This thread is about World Completion.

How stupid of me to think that is what we’re discussing.

<pkittende>

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

The only thing that irritates me about world completion is that you have to 100% each borderlands in WvW. I actively participate in WvW, and it’s something that I enjoy, but I think it’s ridiculous that you have to complete the “same” content 3 times to get world completion. Sure, the skill points are slightly different, and the names are different, but it’s the same map.

I feel the same about having to complete the JP in each borderlands too, but that’s a different topic.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

Got to 80 – 2 days after official release (was in headstart) and had map completion at the end of the first week of official release.

Yes, I burned through it with speedboosters simply running from one place to another dinging waypoints and poi’s. I did it with my original guildies always in party of at least 3. The only hinderances were the occasional tricky vista or heart completion (some were bugged early on).

We had the distinct advantage that server swapping was instant both there and back so if something was bugged on one server we switched to another. This is also how we completed WvW maps.

Why did I do this ? Well I wanted the litle star and achievement and I was in a WvW dedicated guild and we were given 2 weeks to level up and familiarise ourselves with GW2 before we took to the battlefield. Some of us decided to do it for, well you know …fun.

Oh, I had booked 2 weeks off work too which helped.

I have revisited the zones more thoroughly levelling alts since then.

Edited to say – After re-reading it sounds like a brag – oooh I did this soooo quick Wasb’t meant like that it was meant to relay how it could be achieved so quickly early on with speedboosters, grouping and instant server transfers (as they were early on).

(edited by Kandrick.8054)

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

The only thing that irritates me about world completion is that you have to 100% each borderlands in WvW. I actively participate in WvW, and it’s something that I enjoy, but I think it’s ridiculous that you have to complete the “same” content 3 times to get world completion. Sure, the skill points are slightly different, and the names are different, but it’s the same map.

I feel the same about having to complete the JP in each borderlands too, but that’s a different topic.

Yeah, you should just have to do your home Borderlands. Technically speaking, the other two Borderlands are not part of YOUR World even!

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Xenth.2408

Xenth.2408

65% is a pretty good amount. I think I was around 65 to 70% before I decided to just go for it. I already had more than half the wvw ones done so I hung out in wvw for a couple days and got them as I could. It wasn’t hard because my server was doing really well at the time. This could be a different story for you and many others.

Then I did all the racial starting cities (non combat). They were a breeze, and with the use of lion’s arch didn’t cost anything for waypoint travel.

By then I was up near 85 to 90%. I figured since I’m that close just rush the rest. So I spent a little on waypoint costs and just rushed map completions for the rest.

When I was done I didn’t feel taxed or anything.

That was on my 3rd character, a thief. I had gotten up around 80% on my mesmer before trying a thief out. I admit it was much easier and faster on thief with passive run speed and invis (for skipping areas, rushing past mobs, shadow refuge at commune skill challenges so I didn’t have to deal with killing stuff, etc).

There are definitely some professions I could see world completion being quite annoying with; mesmer ‘cause they’re so slow, warrior ‘cause it’s harder to skip content, etc.

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

45 minutes to an hour per zone – hearts, vistas, POIs, WPs. Not likely unless you have certain “special” abilities.

Posted by: void.6705

void.6705

1hr-2hrs per zone is what I have been running, if the zone has more hearts it’s a little longer. That being said I have been in most zones already so its not like I am starting zones at 0%. Last night I hit 80% started about 10-14 days ago and was at 58% really focusing on getting 100% of the map.

Posted by: Wayland.3528

Wayland.3528

I am sitting at 99% and have been for almost a month since my server hasn’t finished 3rd in WvW. I am missing a half dozen pois/vistas for keeps that are always in red hands. There needs to be a different rotation for WvW colors.

Posted by: Pustulio.8207

Pustulio.8207

started this game since it came out.. I dont even have any alts. Sure i have ascended gear and max exotic gear with all their sigils and runes. But Im still at 65% :/. Is there a secret? Or do people just have a lot of time on their hands. (dont get me started on the people who have 5 or more legendaries already)

It’s actually easy to get 100% completion, if you take the time to finish the area your in, before moving on to the next. I did all the starter areas first, then moved on to the 15+ areas, and then the 30+ areas, and etc. Doing it that way is a great way to keep your character from falling behind on his/her levels, as well. I get the feeling that’s what Anet wanted us to do, anyway. It could explain why you see "15-20, and “15-25” zones. That’s just a theory, though.

As far as getting all the WvW stuff goes, you will just have to be patient. Don’t be afraid to message the commanders, and ask if they could help you get some of the stuff you need, either. If you’re REALLY impatient, you could also switch to whatever server controls the majority of the maps you need to finish. At least until you have to pay for it, anyway.

PS: Don’t forget to get the “poi” inside the “Whispers” HQ. (for those of you that didn’t know about it)

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

the secret is you are unskiled player thac all i have my 100% in the firts month whit 3 hours playing per day maybe less

Pustulio.8207

45 minutes to an hour per zone – hearts, vistas, POIs, WPs. Not likely unless you have certain “special” abilities.

Not likely unless you have certain “special” abilities

Translates to: “Not likely, unless you’re a Warrior” lol

Posted by: Nozdrum.2894

Nozdrum.2894

Yeah, you should just have to do your home Borderlands. Technically speaking, the other two Borderlands are not part of YOUR World even!

My world is fractals, dungeons and the tp. So I should only complete those right?

Pustulio.8207

the secret is you are unskiled player thac all i have my 100% in the firts month whit 3 hours playing per day maybe less

Dude, “firts” of all, it’s rude to make fun of someone for having, what you perceive as, poor “skiles”. Of “thac” you can be sure.

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

I would like to see anyone warrior or not do Malchors Leap in 45 minutes, finished it last night, the GF comment after listening to me curse the bizare placement of vistas and the get past three veterans with and agro range that reaches the next zone, POI’s

Why do you play that game to relax?

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

you just stick on the map til it’s done. It’s a bit tedious when you’re at max level and having to do lower level zones that you may have done 100 times during beta’s/alts but it doesn’t take long when you’re just running from one poi to the next heart or vista

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I just got 100% a few days ago on my Guardian so I could make a Legendary. I was level 80 for a long time and fully equipped but only had about 33% completion.

Personally, I saw it as more of a chore than fun.

You can pretty much steamroll all the mid and low level content if you do it this way.

I got a few BL keys and the level 80 zones gave decent exotics, but the lower level zones gave low level items of little value.

I had saved the cities for last and they each gave me just a few transmutation stones (regular, not fine).

There are a lot of reasons to do it, but the completion awards are not among them.

Pustulio.8207

I would like to see anyone warrior or not do Malchors Leap in 45 minutes, finished it last night, the GF comment after listening to me curse the bizare placement of vistas and the get past three veterans with and agro range that reaches the next zone, POI’s

Why do you play that game to relax?

This is true, it would be quite a feat. But, you have to admit, a warrior would have a better chance of doing it in 45min., than most of the other classes.

Posted by: Icarus Pherae.4680

Icarus Pherae.4680

Just depends on how you level, when I reached 80 from map completion I was at 75%…