souldbound should be transferable...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gtg.7208

gtg.7208

Souldbound items should be transferable between characters in the same account.

I have 3 soulbound exotic armors from my engineer and 1 souldbound exotic armor from my mesmer. All are from leveling reward or karma. I can not salvage, except sell it to vender.

I plan to throw it all in mystic forge but can not because one piece of armor from my mesmer can not transfer to my engineer.

Thoughts?

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

The toilet doesn’t care who the gear is bound to, or who throws it i, as far as I know.
Put the parts in the bank, take them out on the character doing the flushing, and fill your boots.

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

Since there’s a distinction between soul-bound items and account-bound items already in place, I doubt they would make soul-bound transferable between characters in the same account (since that’s what account-bound items are).

Rewards from leveling are not meant to be salvaged or sold, not too sure on the mystic forge bit. I would suggest you to try to see if you can select those items for the forge first, and if so, you may just get a fourth item to go along with it.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

The toilet doesn’t care who the gear is bound to, or who throws it i, as far as I know.
Put the parts in the bank, take them out on the character doing the flushing, and fill your boots.

Sadly, it doesn’t let you withdraw them, from my experience.

gtg.7208

Can’t do that.

Mesmer can put her armor in my bank.
Engineer can not take out mesmer armor from my bank.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

No it shouldn’t be. It would have just been account bound if it was not intended to be soulbound.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Since there’s a distinction between soul-bound items and account-bound items already in place, I doubt they would make soul-bound transferable between characters in the same account (since that’s what account-bound items are).

Correct. There are several types of items, and the configuration of each item is made as a conscious decision. So it doesn’t seem likely that that the request would be fulfilled, so that soul bound items — things that are tied to the soul of a single character — would become something that could be shared across all characters. That’s not to say it could not happen, but as a general concept, it seems highly unlikely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

gtg.7208

Correct. There are several types of items, and the configuration of each item is made as a conscious decision. So it doesn’t seem likely that that the request would be fulfilled, so that soul bound items — things that are tied to the soul of a single character — would become something that could be shared across all characters. That’s not to say it could not happen, but as a general concept, it seems highly unlikely.

Thank you for your reply. I have no expectation that it will happen, just want to post here to see some discussion.

BTW I am the supporter of NPE. Cheers!

Posted by: Lyndis.4653

Lyndis.4653

Soulbound has indeed no reason to be transferable even though it is technically possible to do so via transmutation splitter (I actually lost quite a bit of money when I transfered ascended items before they were account bound :’( ).

That being said I would really like soulbound on aquire to be completely removed from the game and the only action soulbinding an item to be equipping it (not unintuitive pointless actions like putting a rune on the item).

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Soulbound has indeed no reason to be transferable even though it is technically possible to do so via transmutation splitter (I actually lost quite a bit of money when I transfered ascended items before they were account bound :’( ).

That being said I would really like soulbound on aquire to be completely removed from the game and the only action soulbinding an item to be equipping it (not unintuitive pointless actions like putting a rune on the item).

Transmutation splitter doesn’t work now. It just gives you 5 transmutation charges

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Sadly, it doesn’t let you withdraw them, from my experience.

Correct. The only thing you can do with a soulbound item in your bank if you’re on a character other than the one the item is bound to is RClik and pick Destroy.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In my opinino there should be no soulbound status anymore at lal.
Just change all soulbound items into accountbound items and this silly problem is once and forever solved.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Because suddenly people will only have to craft things once, right?

People are way too lazy to constantly transfer items between alts. Exotics are so easy to acquire, who would even bother? Ascended gear sure, but the people who currently make multiple sets of the same weight are probably min/maxing anyways.

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

Gaile, if you’re still lurking please…
Could you go and ask why the slayer potions you can craft from the dungeon recipies (worth 400 dungeon tokens) are soulbound? I’ve made a topic about that here because frankly it doesn’t make sense to me.

You need to spend 400 dungeon tokens to get the recipie which is only learnable by an artificer. So you can either A ) get artificer as a job on all your characters who want to use the potions (which is pretty expensive, dungeon token wise) or B ) you skip using the dungeon slayer potions.

I know the majority of gw2 players sticks to B, simply because you can still craft 1h versions of the slayer potions and even sell them. However there’s one type of potion which is only available as the 2h dungeon variant, which is the ghost slayer potion from ascalon.

Could you kindly take a look? Please :< I know you already changed dungeon runes to be acc bound with the same reasoning – It’s simply not fair if you have multiple characters.

Orpheal.8263

In my opinino there should be no soulbound status anymore at lal.
Just change all soulbound items into accountbound items and this silly problem is once and forever solved.

Silly?

Ok, let’s assume all soulbound items become account bound.
Who will you sell your crafting materials to, your excess lodestones, your wood, ore, silk, exotic or rare drops? Because suddenly people will only have to craft things once, right? They don’t need them anymore! Even those materials that are already cheap will be in excess on the TP – at vendor value, provided they have one. Great huh? Good luck grinding your legendary within the next 3 years!

Some design choices are there to protect you. This is one of them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Soulbound

Yes, silly, because its a completely preventable problem, which wouldn’t exist, if ANet would have given thsi game from begin on just only accountbound items.

Also your argument makes zero sense, because materials aren’t soulbound, nor accoutnbound, they are not bonded in any way. Same goes for crafting materials.

The only items that are souldbound in this game are weapons, gear items, quest items/trophies.

The same mechanic for why Souldbound exists can be done and achieved also completely too with accountbound item status. Such items also can’t be put into the Trading Post anymore, accountbound items also can’t be mailed anymore but they have 1 big advantage over soulbound. They can be put into the inventory of ANY of your characters, what would solve also the problem of the OP, because then he would be out of a sudden able to transfer all of his items from 1 character over to an other character via using his account chest.

There is zero sense in keeping this total obsolete item status of soulbound, when it is completely nearly the same as accountbound, but inferior to it, because it doesn’t allow to transfer items that are bonded to Character X to put into the Inventory of Character Y from your Account Chest, which is exactly what the Op wants to do, but can’t do, cause of this stupid souldbound mechanic thats 100% useless and not needed as lonmg there is the superior better Accountbound stauts, which does the exact same thing like Soulbound, but more player user friendly in regard of managing your items within your Account

PS: Nobody has said anything about it here, that Anet should turn all items , even those that aren’t bonded yet and never had a bondig before, like materials, lodestones and such stuff, into accountbound items.
Typical overreaction here …
So if Anet would turn all soulbound items into accountbound items, you would be naturally still able to send your materials and loot that you don’t need via mail maybe to your friends, because this are all unbonded items, which were always from begin on unbonded items.
Where would it make sense at all, to turn these things now into accountbound items??
It would make no sense.
So I was clearly speaking about changing only soulbound items into acccountbound items. Nothing else.

Read: I quote even myself:

Just change all soulbound items into accountbound items

Where was there something about changing all items, even those that have no bonding???

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think you misunderstood. If certain crafted soul-bound items were to become account-bound, there would be no need to craft more than one, thus less need for crafting materials. That was the point the poster wanted to make, they weren’t saying crafting materials would become account-bound.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Souldbound items should be transferable between characters in the same account.

I have 3 soulbound exotic armors from my engineer and 1 souldbound exotic armor from my mesmer. All are from leveling reward or karma. I can not salvage, except sell it to vender.

I plan to throw it all in mystic forge but can not because one piece of armor from my mesmer can not transfer to my engineer.

Thoughts?

I disagree with you.BoP and BoA are not the same thing.The 1st one is bound to character that picked it the 2nd one is bound to your account.They are not the same thing and never will be.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: barnabas j collins.2306

barnabas j collins.2306

I don’t mind some soul binding but the amount of it in this game is really frustrating. I am getting really sick and tired of story/level rewards being totally useless because you can not salvage them, sell them (even to vendor) or transfer them to another character.

At the higher levels, not only can’t you use the reward items but receiving them doesn’t even unlock the skins in you wardrobe.

I mean, seriously, what is the point of getting level 60 rares that you can’t use? I would rather get nothing.

At least let us take them out of the bank with other characters so that we can combined them in the forge.

Posted by: WalkinGoon.2408

WalkinGoon.2408

Is there a way I could just sell my character’s soul to get rid of it?

Cause I would really like to just have one cake-gun that I could use across all my characters instead of having a bunch taking up inventory/bank space.

Orpheal.8263

I think you misunderstood. If certain crafted soul-bound items were to become account-bound, there would be no need to craft more than one, thus less need for crafting materials. That was the point the poster wanted to make, they weren’t saying crafting materials would become account-bound.

Woudl just mean that some materials would be come cheaper.
However, Anet can always add new craftign recipes requiring those materioals that get affected by this change to let those materials lose no value, but rather instead most likely gain more value, because so more crafting options there are , so more rises automaticalyl the demand for said materials and thus likel also their value will rise up.

So if the only concern for soulbound items is the value of some crafting materials ..don’t you think there aren’t really other more meaningful important things in GW2 to be concerned about, other than the value of some crafting materials based of some soulbound items???
I don’t know, how you see this, but for me has the value of some crafting materials rather some low priority, when the change of the system means an clear improvement of quality of life for all players in regard of item management.

Thats because Anet can always add later new things to stimulate again the value of some decrased crafting materials, whenever needed/wanted to let the values of those items rise again.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t ‘see’ it, at all, as it is of little interest to me. I was merely trying to explain what I thought the other poster meant. /shrug

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

So it doesn’t seem likely that that the request would be fulfilled, so that soul bound items — things that are tied to the soul of a single character — would become something that could be shared across all characters.

Most of my characters don’t have souls though. They are simply expertly crafted automatons built by my Asuran main to secretly infiltrate the different cultures of Tyria to gather societal information firsthand, to get around any possible censorship of sensitive information they might give to outsiders.

…He also uses them to farm/gather materials for him when he’s lazy.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

We’re not really asking to equip the soulbound items. Thats a WHOLE different discussion.

It’s just salvaging/forging.

It’s annoying when you go in the bank and say: Hey there’s that level 72 exo I used on my warrior while leveling, I have 3 other exos too, lets forge em! Oh wait, I have to log on my warrior to get that item out? I’ll do it later.

(Then it never happens :P)

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.