[sugg] dailies

[sugg] dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

it’s a valid thought and concern.. if arena net doesn’t release an expansion or a very compelling season 2 finale, with a quests menu it would at the very least have something to fall back on.. currently there is very little for me to recommend this game to a friend “hey, come over to gw2” we can.. dodge 15 times

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

^ 100%
I have 2 friends who are still in GW2 and we’re waiting for them to give the ok to move to a new world in another game. I myself have stopped trying to change anything, it’s all in the forum’s past, ignored. So w/e.

[sugg] dailies

cheshirefox.7026

hypothetical conversation

hey, what’d you do on gw2 yesterday.. ?
you know exactly what i did.. you?
well, my friend, with the new gw2 quests menu.. i was sent to some far off corner of tyria.. i’ve only ever been there briefly a long time ago and didn’t even realize there was a dynamic event there.. for someone who has logged in as many hours as i have, it was mildly entertaining..
was there loot ?
there was actually a bit of loot…
. . .oh, umm.. would you like me to regale you with the epic story of how i afk/vanquished shadow behemoth for the 10043854th time?

i can outswim a centaur!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While it’s a nice suggestion OP, the problem is that dailies (in any game, not just this one) are boring and there isn’t any real way to make them not boring. There are already the daily 5 events. Most people do those with their favorite way of grind already (champs, WvW, meta bosses, etc..). If ANet adds more events on top then that quickly becomes stale too once people have learned what they are and how you get through them as fast as possible.

Guild Wars 1 had the Zaishen quests which was that game’s daily. The difference is you didn’t have 100 people trying to do the quest with you all at once. You could solo them with your heroes if you wanted. Any sort of quests that’s handed out would have to be really random to avoid a zerg of people doing it. I’m not sure the Devs can make that sort of work for the dailies, or if they should even try.

[sugg] dailies

cheshirefox.7026

already mentioned that everyone shouldn’t have the same quests on the same day to prevent zerging.. not to mention, unlike the wbt people probably wouldn’t be doing them at the same time anyway.. also, it’s unlikely people could streamline this system into a chore unless arena net released a list of all the possible quests to be rolled.. i’m sure dulfy would have a field day doing a guide on each and every one of them.. and also already mentioned, hopefully not a system that would roll the same quests too often

i can outswim a centaur!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

already mentioned that everyone shouldn’t have the same quests on the same day to prevent zerging.. not to mention, unlike the wbt people probably wouldn’t be doing them at the same time anyway.. also, it’s unlikely people could streamline this system into a chore unless arena net released a list of all the possible quests to be rolled.. i’m sure dulfy would have a field day doing a guide on each and every one of them.. and also already mentioned, hopefully not a system that would roll the same quests too often

Ok, not the same quests for everyone on the same day. So instead of 100 people doing it with you, maybe 20 or 30?

The question I’m asking is, how much time and effort should ANet put in to revamping the daily? Would this be well received by the general playing public or would a large amount of effort put into this be seen as a bandaid covering up a larger problem, lack of new and exciting stuff to do?

I would think that most people would prefer that ANet spend their time making new maps/skills/professions/races and if ANet spends limited Dev time making quests for the daily (that will be old and boring after they’ve been done once or twice) instead of new and exciting expansion like content, that these new quests will be seen as “rearranging the furniture while the Titanic sinks.”

[sugg] dailies

cheshirefox.7026

they already get that argument for having gem store items, so it’s really upto them

i can outswim a centaur!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Labrynth.2934

Labrynth.2934

As a new player the daily’s are handy, but I can see how quests would be handy when I get more experienced and a higher level.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Hellchild.7569

Hellchild.7569

sounds interesting, adds more spice to the game =)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: RANT.7483

RANT.7483

I’m all for added content and rewards.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Mhmmm some sort of hardcore content would surely be worth completing. Can we get this for PvP/WvW too?

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Sagacity.6739

Sagacity.6739

I definitely agree, the whole grind dailies thing has become a grind session rather than a reward.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I prefer the more freeform dailies, but then when I log in I tend to do what I want to do, and having a bit of extra loot for that is nice.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Labrynth.2934

Labrynth.2934

That would be cool. I hope they see this thread and implement it somehow

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: KoththeMighty.5324

KoththeMighty.5324

This sounds some what interesting. I imagine what would work would be if they gave a daily for completing a specific quest chain. This would lead some players to go back out into areas of the world they otherwise wouldn’t return to after exploring it for map completion.

All must fall, and those that stand highest fall hardest.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

Some people just do dailys simply for the AP to get it out of the way and move on to the things they enjoy in the game, for me its dungeons. I personally would not want dailys made any more time consuming then they already are.

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

(edited by Nyspar.6103)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Lou.3071

Lou.3071

I like this idea, of maybe a new daily system. i think it would help keep players involved in the daily, monthly. Maybe even some way to let people choose from a list with rewards based on amount and degree of difficulty chosen.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Brown.8560

Brown.8560

kind of like zaishen dailies in gw1. good idea

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Although it’s a good idea, but I really hoped “starter zone” mobs would stay in Starter zones.

Give us more reason to use the combat mechanics and active defense, by making encounters with mobs that “actually tries to kill you and is capable of doing so”, than being “there to die for you and can’t do anything”.

What makes a game is pretty much the combat mechanics and active defense in GW2 case, same applies to every other game…

Not necessary to give us daily to encourage us to dodge or anything.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Unreal.4231

Unreal.4231

i think this is areally good idea! Daily’s are kinda bland atm!

ign: Gengar/Rx Drugs/Rx Blood
Ranger/Necromancer- Anvil Rock PvP

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Crystal Nova.4702

Crystal Nova.4702

hello guildwars community,
as a player of gw2 from launch, i am contemplating how far we have come in two years.. and where tyria intends to lead us.. we’ve had all manner of patches, we’ve played a myriad of content.. i am not here to question it, i am not here to demand.. i simply mean to offer a humble game suggestion regarding average content/average players..

daily content delivery revamp
taking from the games daily interface, instead of filling out 5 achievements, could you arena net possibly consider kicking that up a notch and implementing some sort of daily quest exposure for your average players.. the delivery system would take some resources, but once implemented, you could include any content you see fit.. players can choose how many of the available quests to do and be rewarded accordingly..

i do not know who this would appeal to Exactly.. some people claim to have already done everything in game.. arena net would need to develop this alongside whatever they’re already doing.. let me know what you think

below in my signature is the video commentary for this particular game suggestion.. it is not a promotion of any kind, i do not have an official channel and am not looking to harvest subscribers.. this is about guildwars2.. also there is a reddit post when i may have possibly described this suggestion better..

thank you for your time

i like the daily achievements, they give me more than half my AP lol. if they added these quests along side it that’d be cool

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: shimmershine.3156

shimmershine.3156

I also like the idea of dailies being revamped. i honestly find something else to complete when i see daily dodger in that list. tho i would not want to see them being too closely tied to the heart quests, for the reason that others have said with people having world completion. other than that it might give opportunity to revive some places on the maps that feel dead maybe?

Or another idea is to tie in the ‘daily quest rewards’ with maybe earning a collection item for an existing basic collections? Its just a thought anyway

(edited by shimmershine.3156)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Chuck Noland.7825

Chuck Noland.7825

I feel this system would work very well. I would love to see this put into the game

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: MyAZZ.6748

MyAZZ.6748

That’s a pretty good idea, spices up the dailies

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m sorry, but I must add that the “daily grind” issue is absolutely a minority issue in the minds of those players…. Should the game design REALLY consider some players OCD tendencies in determining what new content should and should not be introduced?

From another point of view, you are asking the dealer to limit the supply because some junkies will use all they are able….not a very realistic request.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

[sugg] dailies

cheshirefox.7026

the idea is well in line with the standards arena net applied to their new level 80 areas. the only difference is establishing a central hub for acquiring the tasks, taking into consideration that it would be applied to all older content, and releasing it in portions that eliminates grind/gating.. i’ve covered all of this in my suggestion.. i’m interested in hearing the technical resources it would consume to implement

to put things into perspective, i’ve heard arena net praised for the new maps and they should “put a geode/badges vendor on all the older maps.” this far along in the game, pun intended, i don’t see the player community logistically taking well to that approach

i can outswim a centaur!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

I don’t know. I like the current daily system and that is completable by doing essentially anything in the game. Now I’m not one who aims to complete every single, but still average 6 per day just through regular play.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: riggedNready.5371

riggedNready.5371

Yeah, I think that’s a great idea.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Lance.4623

Lance.4623

Daily is stale. Anything to support getting people out and discovering the nooks and crannies of the game is worthwhile.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Corban.2834

Corban.2834

They should really consider this, doing daily’s gets boring once your a higher level and keeping it dynamic makes it more fun Nice suggestion.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: SgtWantCuddles.5284

SgtWantCuddles.5284

There are some aspects of the current daily system I do like – the fact that some parts seem to remain constant like Recycler and Gatherer.

But this suggestion seems to have a lot of merit. I’d take it a step further and suggest that it could be level based – quests assigned are based on level and that ensures that new players won’t be tasked with going into a 45 – 55 area when they are 14. And generally a level 80 will have more map completed, so they’ll have access to more areas. I’d also suggest that the rewards for this “new daily” be completely cosmetic or give things that don’t directly impact gameplay. One of the main reasons I do dailies so religiously is because of the impact it has on my play (Laurels and chance for Black Lion Salvage Kits, for example.) It’d be nice not to feel like I have to do these things, but would rather want to do them.

I’d be interested in seeing this happen!

edited apparently 45 – 55 was replaced with kitten? Weird.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Welcometotheden.8547

Welcometotheden.8547

*bump for continued conversation.

I think the amount/time investment of dailies is fine, but it is rather mundane. I’ve gotten into the habit of logging in, running a specific route for 30 minutes for the AP, then jet out. Not really all that exciting. It’d be neat to see ‘quest’ items, as previously mentioned. A little personal bit of story running, maybe based on class or race. Even if it’s a FedEx run or kill X things, but with some exposition.

Something other than a 30 min AP run. haha.

~Boonks

~ The Cult of the Six Symbols ~

(edited by Welcometotheden.8547)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I agree with the second poster. I’m actually not a fan at all of “daily” content, both the official achievements and the various perks that reset each day but need to be collected each day for peak efficiency. I find “daily” content to be a bit stifling. I would really prefer if the daily reset stuff could stack up a bit, like for example the home harvesting nodes, instead of having to harvest them each day to get seven harvests in a week, why not have it so that each server reset it gains a “stack,” up to say seven, and you can harvest them all at once if you prefer, once a week instead of once a day. Same with daily boss rewards, why can’t you ignore a boss for three days, then on the third day fight him three times in a row for full rewards each time?

Why can’t I skip running my dailies on Monday, come back Tuesday and have two sets of dailies waiting? If the are the same thing, like Daily Gathering, then I get one reward for clearing it once, and two for clearing it twice, and only need five out of the available twenty to get one laurel, ten to get the second, and then the rest are bonus points.

In terms of overall reward it would be no better than someone playing every single day (as I currently do), but it would at least give a bit more flexibility to take some time off without missing out, or just to spend time doing activities that don’t clear daily achievements as well, like Living Story.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Sir Egil The Bull.7869

Sir Egil The Bull.7869

I don’t mind “Daily Dodger” anymore, after the Dodge Instructors were added. Now it’s an easy Achievement Point.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

Daily is stale. Anything to support getting people out and discovering the nooks and crannies of the game is worthwhile.

Agreed. But I still do dailies on a regular basis as is. Gotta get that laurel! Nevermind that I’m up to over 200 now…

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Cowmookaze.9264

Cowmookaze.9264

Watched the video embedded with the first post.
The concept sounds good. It adds more to the things to do on a daily basis and it doesnt seem like it would take a lot of resources to carry it all out.

I certainly wouldn’t mind more dailies!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: jason.2043

jason.2043

interesting for sure

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

I think OP’s suggestion deserves attention. Directing player attention towards little-used dynamic events in little-used dynamic zones is always going to be a winner – there’s only so many times we can protect Scholar Brogun as he investigates the grawl.

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I remember when GW1 added daily quests. It was kinda nice having that as a directional thing to do.

I wonder what effects it might have in the game now. I noticed a slight shift for dailies to start “teaching people the game”. Things like Condition Remover, Daily Dodger, etc incentivize you in a small way to make use of the game mechanics. I wonder if that could be expanded on rather, and teach not only super basic concepts, but maybe a slightly higher level of concepts. Who knows.

Fishsticks

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Stritterific.6042

Stritterific.6042

Hopefully Anet implements this

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Seems like a valid suggestion to me. I’m a big fan of quests and I like the idea of implementing new things into the Daily Reward list.

I think it could encourage people to visit places they don’t normally visit anymore and breathe new life into old events and zones.

(edited by videoboy.4162)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: SilentAssassin.7425

SilentAssassin.7425

Yeah, the questing kind of reminds me of GW1 a bit – I definitely think that this would help spice up the ‘grind’ that sets in after a while.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: KINGAIJU.5206

KINGAIJU.5206

*bumping for further conversation

I think it’s a great idea!
I feel like gw2 really needs to kick it up a notch with content, even the smallest things (like this, for example), I think a spiced up dailies system will encourage players to do more considering how dailies now are essentially the same thing over and over again.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: cannonkitten.2379

cannonkitten.2379

I find this a very interesting thing, and i would like to see more of this too, being a player since near of launch. The daily’s are very easy and putting a little ‘spice’ into it wouldnt hurt!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: SoulPrime.8029

SoulPrime.8029

i agree that having daily quests sound like a fun idea and could be usefull to players looking to try out class mechanics on new chars or even older ones id be down for this

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Mcnuggets.9018

Mcnuggets.9018

That is a good idea! and we do need more expansions

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

Suggestion is good, as long as they use it to revitilize all the different areas of the game, but I wouldn’t really limit it to the spectre in the Hall of Monuments, because a lot of players are new to the game, and never played the first GW

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Ourson.6497

Ourson.6497

As a newer player (almost 4 months!) I’m actually inclined to agree. I know there’s so much more to explore, but a little daily quest sort of thing wouldn’t hurt at all! I’m especially inclined to the idea that the quests given out are racial based, but that is a helluva lot of work for the devs…as it is, the way ANet doles out the lore is pretty good, but imagine them giving more background lore through daily quests? That’d be fantastic!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: seineith.7048

seineith.7048

Actually, this is a pretty great suggestion. I don’t really have much interest in LS or grinding for whatever, but I do take time to do my dailies. An additional maybe more exploratory “mini quest” or something for a daily achievement/loot might be pretty cool, and it’d certainly get me off of wvw and into the main maps more often.

NERDKITTEN | ICE TI
http://twitch.tv/nerdkitten

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: teles.8734

teles.8734

dailies should include loot quests, since its loot is important to so many players.