[sugg] dailies

[sugg] dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FluffyFox.2756

FluffyFox.2756

I can’t see any drawbacks to this, and it is a great suggestion.

+1!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Necrowlol.8972

Necrowlol.8972

i thought it would clarify a few things to post a walk through based on how i would implement a daily content exposure delivery system

Oracle of the Mists

each day, players can enter the Hall of Monuments.. there they will meet a specter.. this unnamed entity will commission Tyrian heroes to complete 3 optional tasks.. these tasks will consist of any quest/event/encounter already existing in game.. each mission is presented with significant lore bits.. here is a quick example: Prevent the Tamini from retaking Holdland Camp.. holdland is a makeshift facility on a battlefront near tunwatch redoubt waypoint.. it is usually contested between the seraph and the tamini.. arena net can go as far as to make a dialogue out of this.. who are the seraph, they are the largest military organization in the human kingdom of kryta.. who are the tamini, they are the smallest portion of a three tribe centaur alliance against kryta.. why is there conflict, “i am too tired to explain it today”..

now, upon completion of the initial task, players will receive a reward paired with tokens.. possible rewards could be champ loot containers of various type.. 3 for the first task, 2 for the second, and 1 for the last.. although you are progressively rewarded less, you will gain a token per task.. this eliminates gating.. it will be on arenanet’s shoulders to organize a system that affords players fresh missions with varied difficulties.. possible token usage could be 50 tokens for a warbeast mini, 100 tokens for a ‘timeless mercenary’ title, 150 tokens for ?etc..

I think this is a great idea, even as a new user I find completing all of the daily things annoying, I have yet to complete every single aspect, but I would much rather quests than go off and find this, or kill x amount of this.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Sword.5937

Sword.5937

Makes sense. If the quest requests could run in accordance to the living story content, or have an ongoing story that requires those quests done, it would make it a much richer world imo

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Arujin.5984

Arujin.5984

New daily’s would be nice even if it is a quest. At the moment it is so easy, I load in at reset, kill teq and most of the daily’s are done all I have to do is harvest a couple things and done. Takes like 30 minutes to a hour to finish the daily then I move on to something else or log off depending on what I want to do. I have seen allot of people just say the game is getting stale. They bring out a new chapter 3 hours later chapter is done and all AP’s for that chapter are done also then they vanish till next new chapter is released. Really need something to get them to stay on longer even 2 or 3 new dungeons running the same ones over and over to finish the “collection” for it got stale so fast allot never even bothered to finish them (would be more apt to finish it if the reward was something I actually want the current Ascended gear is stats none of my toons even use in that slot so why not at least let us pick the stats like they do on other gear like the crafted backpack)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: NakashimaNA.3248

NakashimaNA.3248

While I would enjoy the system you describe, I wouldnt want it to replace dailies. Dailies as they are fit me quite well. I get them done while I play without having to go out of my way all too much, which imo is what a daily task should be like. I for one wouldnt bother with the dailies if they were like the system youve come up with, but I’d be sure to use it for fun every once in a while.

I’d say if they implement something like this, it should be a side story that one could do if one wanted to, much like jumping puzzles are an extra option.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Karan Sjet.2531

Karan Sjet.2531

To be honest, I get the dailies done without any effort (5 of the suggested 8 or so). Since the removal of the Champion Trains from starting areas, it’s now a rare day to see killing champions as part of the dailies.

Adding a quest to the dailies list would make it challenging, something that would direct the player to a specific thing that requires time and attention.

So, I say: “Aye, aye!”

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Daggy.5706

Daggy.5706

i think this is a good idea, like if you only do one of the daily missions you only get a little chest etc but if you do all of them (wvw and pve) then you should get a better reward

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

I would love daily ’quests’ of some kind. Something like the Zaishen quests. Or some kind of scavenger hunt...or something like Nick used to want.

A chest at the end would be rewarding to me...or even just another AP. /shrug

This is partially your answer. The Zaishen NPC’s and assigned quests of the day were a nice supplemental activity to complete. It was a lot more enjoyable than thread-mil like daily achievements. The Zaishen quests would take me all across the lands, looking for something, a bounty, or an objective to do. Its a lot better than looking for dead NPC’s in the asuran map, killing bugs in Rata Sum and hitting up a cabbage patch.

15k AP’s from daily and monthly potential really makes me lost respect for high AP players. Perhaps all they did was know the best spots on where to kill ambient creatures. No fun or prestige in that. If to say, the zaishen quests were to kill a specific champ, take a certain wvw tower/keep, map complete X map, that would be cooler than the current Daily/Monthly.

The whole collect items for nick was also fun. It helped me to learn areas more immersed and wander around joyfully. Collecting 25 iris flowers? consider it done!

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Mayhem Maelstrom.9562

Mayhem Maelstrom.9562

One of the flaws in the new trait acquisition system is that many of the traits involve group events — and NPCs way above the level where the player can first acquire the trait. The megaserver seems to be keeping many of these events populated at the moment, but what will happen in another couple of months, or six months, or a year from now? Will there still be a group to take down Victurus or the Krait Witch? A Zaishen-like daily achievement that incorporates these events will likely continue to supply a crowd and the lowly character who needs to defeat Gargantula to get the V trait in line four will just need to pay attention to when that daily achievement comes up. It could even be done on a predictable schedule, as the Zaishen events were.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Deanius.5271

Deanius.5271

Yeah, dailies are a little archaic and outdated

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

I think it could be more interesting than the dailies we have currently, but may mean a lot more of work for the developers, because… How would those quests be?
If they were instanced new content, like personal story it would assure people could do them, but would take more development time.
If they were simply NPCs redirecting people to do events that already exist, we would have the same problem we have with trait unlocks, of people trapped on events that are bugged or never happen.
However, I think they could revamp the daily system to have 1 “mission” that is more rewarding and focused and 4 “challenges” that are like the dodge 30 times we have currently. Of course, 1 “mission” means 3 “missions”, one for each game mode, or the people on WvW or PvP would feel neglected. But that is easy enough.

These “mission” options could vary by source each day, for example:
- Day 1 : Story dungeon
- Day 2: Explorable dungeon
- Day 3: Guild mission
- Day 4: Fractal
- Day 5: Story step
- Day 6: Order mission (this would be new and handed by the order)
- Day 7: Racial mission (this would be new and handed by a NPC of the player’s race)

As some of you may know, itens 1 to 5 already appear on dailies, but they could have a revamp to appear more meaningful than checking items on a checklist.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

This idea is plausible.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Neil.3079

Neil.3079

I would actually really like this. As of right now, dailies are extremely repetitive and can be completed way too fast to have any sort of enjoyment from. The quests rotating every week or biweekly with LS updates would actually be really cool.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: KryTiKaL.3125

KryTiKaL.3125

I like this idea. It would expand upon the daily achievements that already exist for the game and give players, even RPers (I play on TC) something more to do. Make the rewards reasonably worthwhile for the challenge it may or may not present and I think it would work out great.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

+1 for daily bounty hunts

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Koviko.3248

Koviko.3248

I just let the dailies come as they come. Focusing on them is too much stress.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Malichi.9415

Malichi.9415

I like this. While I havent made it this far in the game yet, this seems like a good answer to what Ive heard others mention.

+1

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Tsubasa Yume.4185

Tsubasa Yume.4185

Yeah, honestly I can’t see how people who have gotten up to like 20k AP even in 2 years have been able to stand doing it that long. I’m at like 3k and I’m getting tired. Let’s see some variation ey?

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Josh.5392

Josh.5392

This sounds like a great suggestion, I’d like to see it implemented, nice idea!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Frozen.3157

Frozen.3157

The daily system is definitely a bit outdated and it would be nice to see a change. Only thing is from reading the first few posts and not any of the other ones because I am lazy, is that GW2 never had us going to people and turning in or receiving quests.

Frozen Warrior [VLK]

Hordes of Denravi

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Slim Grady.6745

Slim Grady.6745

I love this idea! But if it’s going to add to the game, rather than simply changing it at zero sum, it should not replace dailies. Please make this in addition to dailies or else an optional alternative to the dailies on a given day.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

fun fact: there hasn’t been a substantial change to the daily system in 20 months

also, could you imagine a tyria where the open world lfg isn’t cluttered with the same flavor of the month content?    just a thought    ^^

7 months, actually. They last made a major change to daily achievements in the April 2014 feature pack.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Oh! I’d love it if they brought the Zhaishen (or some version of them) back! Maybe we could have a Pact Member offering various Pact quests each day?

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’d love it if the OP stopped asking people in their guild or whatever is going on to bump this thread. Every time it falls off the front page people with little to no post history here post in support. The OP is over a month old and the OP changed the title a few times. Not many threads live that long. It is obvious what is going on and that is just shameful. Let it go OP. If your idea is so great you wouldn’t need to have people bump it.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

[sugg] dailies

videoboy.4162

And yet, you came in here and bumped it again.

There’s nothing wrong with the OP encouraging people to come here and read her suggestion, especially since most players don’t even use the forums. If you don’t like this thread, then don’t click on it. The idea is a good one and should be shared with more people. If not for the odd title, it would probably have more traffic whether he/she advertised or not.

[sugg] dailies

JustTrogdor.7892

There’s nothing wrong with the OP encouraging people to come here and read her suggestion

So you admit, the OP is asking people to bump their thread. Sad…

The Burninator

[sugg] dailies

videoboy.4162

Well, asking people to read and express their opinion would inevitably bump the thread. What is sad, is you being so concerned about it.

[sugg] dailies

JustTrogdor.7892

Well, asking people to read and express their opinion would inevitably bump the thread. What is sad, is you being so concerned about it.

Let me give you a bit of history about this topic. This is not the first thread the OP made on it. They made another one and bumped it until it was closed or deleted I forget. Now we have this thread which was called “junky suggestion” and then renamed to what it is now. Now we have people with little to no post history posting to keep it on the front page. It is annoying. I’m sure the OP thinks their idea is great but keeping it on the front page by asking people to bump the thread with one or two line statements of support isn’t going to do it. Let it go.

The Burninator

[sugg] dailies

videoboy.4162

You do realize that you’ve bumped it three more times, correct?

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

thank you, none of this is constructive toward the game
or its community.. i appreciate everyone who posted feedback as it not only contributed different viewpoints on the issue but also fresh ideas

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Toddzilla.6438

Toddzilla.6438

I didn’t read through all the posts so forgive me if it’s already been brought up, but I think something similar to the PvP reward tracks would fit this idea well.

(edited by Toddzilla.6438)

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Logicaliciousness.2854

Logicaliciousness.2854

It might be hard for such change to come since it’s been this way for a long time. The difficulty also arises in how would they make such quests so that they are fun and not so repetitive, and that something people would enjoy. That means that they have to invest a lot of time and effort to create this system of having daily quests ( story, rewards, objectives ).

I like the daily achievements because they are general. They have connection with about anything you do and you don’t have to go out specifically to hunt it out so you can do whatever your doing and be doing the daily achievement at the same time. Having a daily quest that might reveal some things that the player hadn’t known before or hadn’t had a chance to do might help bring more interest to the game.

Good suggestion though, never thought about it.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Kirito.6872

Kirito.6872

I gotta agree with you, it’s a good idea and it’s time for some change…

Knights of the Silence Oath Guildmaster
Level 43 Asuran Guardian

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Aewyn Starfall.9406

Aewyn Starfall.9406

I like this idea, reminds me of guild wars 1 bounties and such! Bump.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: I Ping Poros.3257

I Ping Poros.3257

This sounds like a great idea, wish Arenanet would Impliment this!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Suggesting a title change for more exposure, there are some good ideas in this thread.

[sugg] dailies

cheshirefox.7026

the title is to emphasize the no-content tasks which the current daily system involves..
they are generalized tasks for generalized rewards.. i have nothing against this, in itself it is a good system
the idea is to have a similar, but more in-depth system implemented along side dailies for players who want to get more involved.. again, not to replace dailies but rather compliment the things less traveled
rather than draw comparisons, i’ll pose a question.. what exactly does daily dodger teach me about the game? does it inspire me to group up with other players or even talk about it to people i may or may not have recommended the game to? some dailies do in fact contribute to this, some do not..

i can outswim a centaur!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Master Card.3059

Master Card.3059

I completely agree with this idea, why isn’t it happening.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: TurtleLuvRice.2906

TurtleLuvRice.2906

I will say that it is nice to have dailies as incentives to play more guild wars 2 everyday and it also helps the community for casual players

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: DrBoom.6875

DrBoom.6875

I like this idea quite a bit, sounds like an epic version of hearts in a way, but more exploration.. Like find and kill SB. It should be forced into dailies (like necessary to finish), but it would help new players get incorporated, also, if needing to fight a certain boss or such, there should be a find event button, that way new players go _ooooooh, this is pretty cool, i like the loot!* it just overall helps bring somewhat training, and a slightly cool reward for fighting bosses instead of simply hoping some rare item like a precursor, don’t get me wrong they’re pretty awesome to get but…they’re just so hard to get…

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Wingaero.3524

Wingaero.3524

I think that implementing some sort of revamp for the Daily system should be implemented! Great idea

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: AlliedKhajiit.2794

AlliedKhajiit.2794

I definitely agree with the idea of a new daily quest type system.
It would be fun to get an actual reward for doing some dynamic event, or a jumping puzzle, (but not limited to) instead of a few greens and blues.
Great suggestion!
Also, I think it’s worth pointing out the problem that people have a hard time doing ALL their dailies, which includes dungeons, every single daily achievement for the total of +10 AP, fractals, and world bosses, and just can’t simply have another daily to deal with. Unfortunately, these players who care about getting every single daily done, are in a very small minority, and the majority of players don’t really care to get every single daily bonus chest from every single dungeon, event, or whatever.

There’s a lot of players (including me) who have 3,000+ hours pumped into the game, and we STILL find dynamic events we’ve never done, seen, or even heard of before. Daily quests that gave out a dynamic event for you to go do would be stellar in letting us see what we missed, for an actual, worthwhile reward.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I always loved the idea for any kind of MMO game to have something inside of them like various kinds of different NPC Guilds, that provide tons of different Missions, Tasks, Quests, Bounty Hunts and so on…basically that kind of system that awe all know from Console RPG, as that are things that would keep the player busy, and would surely be far more interesting and challenging to do, than to do something silly like dodgign enemy attacks xx times, interrupting enemies xx times or just talking with a npc vendor and so on …

I think GW2 needs a real classical quest system, that works together with the dynamic event system. Who says that quests also can’t be generated dynamically on a daily basis??

I would love to go with my Thief for example into her self created “Thieves Guild” where I can talk with Thief NPCs to get thief related special missions and quzests to do that I can fulfill then and in regard of how good i fulfill these tasks, my rewards will get increased.
Do I even absolutely overperform my given task/mission and fulfill various Extra Goals(Side Quests), that would net me in then extra rewards from the guild, like additional gold, like more valuable items, and a bigger amount of an reward item x or receivign something class specific unique as reward.

The game so far gives its players absolutely no sign about it, that it does anyhow matter, which class I’m playign right now…. Its totally regardless, if I do something in this game as either a Thief or a Warriro or an Elementalist. It plays “no role” and that is something, what I find totally sad in a MMO Role Playing Game

Where a Thief has its Rogues Guild, a Guardian/Warrior could go for exampel to a Mercenary Guild to receive Warrior/Guardian specific Missions and Quests.

An Engineer could go into a Merchants Guild
Necros, Mesmers and Elementalists into a Sorcerer’s Guild based on their Magic Schools

Doing missions was one of GW1’s biggest design points, and thats somethign that I really miss in GW2, to have to do some large stylized Missions in Map Instances of tha various World map Zones that include the whole zone for the Mission
“raids” is also somethign that coudl get included with this together with “Order Missions”

GW2 needs Factions or something, organizations and groups for that you can do somethign in the game to gain “Reputation”

GW2 misses so much elements that are typical for “RPG’s” still. But I think this comes due to the heavy focus just only on the Gemstore and Livign World sadly….

A tiny hope in myself keeps saying always to myself, that there might perhaps be hold back all the great things from this game, which one could expect from a RPG, so that they have them for exciting expansions somewhen in the future…. as Anet seems to have plans for this game for at least 10 years, basing from the birthday achievements going up currently until 10 years…

So who knows what will come all in the next 8 years, plenty of time to add alot of things the community asks for …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: RobotSquad.8792

RobotSquad.8792

I would love some daily quests to earn extra rewards every day, It’s the whole reason I log into Marvel Heroes and immediately log out when they’re done.

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: gossamer.3450

gossamer.3450

Seems like a very logical way of changing things. I would definitely appreciate this way of spicing things up!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Zesix.4569

Zesix.4569

This is an interesting idea!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think this could work under the context that dailies should be easy to achieve by anyone. I mean, dodging happens in any context, so that works. The idea in the link has some quirks and kinks that may need to be worked out, but it’s still not bad. Maybe there are some others that would work too! Neat idea.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

[sugg] dailies

cheshirefox.7026

well, best case scenario would be to get an easy, medium, and difficult task each day.. achievement hunters will do all 3 regardless, veteran players will attempt to do whatever ones out of boredom or for loot, and newcomers should be encouraged to try some but not feel obligated to do so..
this has been mentioned already, but a streamlined system would be one that rolls different tasks for so many players within reason.. as to avoid the entire player community mobbing down a quest each day.. it should be more like, “hey, what quests did You get today.. oh, i did not even get that one.. i do however, know a few other players who did.”

i can outswim a centaur!

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Ruke.7062

Ruke.7062

sounds like a good idea +1

[sugg] dailies

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I really like the idea of going to the Hall of Monuments each day to get some sort of daily quests to do in addition to my dailies. I remember in Guild Wars 1 when they implemented the banners that gave us a daily vanquish, boss slayer, and I think the third one was to do a specific missions/quest.

Now we do already have dailies in this game right now, so adding more daily things might be counter-productive or superfluous. But maybe these could be special challenging dailies to do. Also, I can’t remember if everyone has access to the Hall of Monuments or just people that linked their Guild Wars 1 account to their Guild Wars 2 one. But if it’s the latter, it would need to be made available to everyone equally.

Now, as for the justification for these quests from the Hall of Monuments, I would like it if there was some sort of story as to why this NPC there has spontaneously begun to give quests to players. What does he need the players to do for him?

I do like this idea. But like I said, I’d like it to have some sort of lore as to why this NPC needs our help. Having it just randomly happen would make me feel a bit odd about it.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist