the dumbest thing you've ever done in game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Clicking yes on the confirmation to destroy an item thinking it was asking for confirmation to send the item. Still hoping for some QoL improvements for mail attachments.

Posted by: Kross.6428

Kross.6428

I turn on my auto-run when I am checking the texts on my cellphone. I have lost count of the number of cliffs I have walked off of.

“Distracted Adventuring. Is it worth the risk?”
This message was brought to you by TATA. (Tyrians Against Texting & Adventuring)

Stormbluff Isle – Baka Royale [Baka]

Posted by: shadowfanatik.5160

shadowfanatik.5160

I turn on my auto-run when I am checking the texts on my cellphone. I have lost count of the number of cliffs I have walked off of.

“Distracted Adventuring. Is it worth the risk?”
This message was brought to you by TATA. (Tyrians Against Texting & Adventuring)

this made me laugh so hard

Raak Bloodmaw

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Made a full set of ascended armor for a non-condition necromancer (that damask) with barely enough crit damage to work 2 or so weeks before the crit damage nerf was announced. A portion of it was zerker, but I’m neither a thief, a zerg baller, or a player with a death wish.

I’m so sour.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I chose to main a ranger.

This is still coming back to haunt me today.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

A couple of accidental dodge rolls off a jumping puzzle made me face-palm.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

For the skins, if you were playing before the big Wardrobe update, you might have unlocked those skins through PvP and not had the precursor at all.

Even then, it’s possible. Tooth of Frostfang shares a skin with Corrupted Skeggox.

I loved the skin of the Hunter since I first saw it in the PvP locker so I was so happy when I got it from the MF. But I completely forgot that there is another rifle with the same skin so I unlocked the skin. And I’ve no intention to craft The Predator. I should have sold it and bought that other rifle instead …

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Just last night I was doing a level 35 fractal. We were at Mai Trin and kept wiping, all except one person. So I got bored sitting there dead, while being the only one wearing zerker gear. So I changed my build and equipped the only other thing in my inventory, my dire gear. We restarted the fight and just as I was thinking “Aw yeah and I’m gonna be so tanky now” I got killed in 2 seconds by agony completely forgetting that only my berserker gear had agony resistance.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: santso.9201

santso.9201

had my lightning reflexes skill equiped on sw jp…one wrong key and i was off the edge…rangers op

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

buying a whole stack for dust and realize i got the wrong kind of dust…….

Posted by: lokh.2695

lokh.2695

Oh the fail….

About a year and a half ago, when grinding TA for my first set of exo gear for my main, I wanted to turn in all the tokens at once instead of one part at a time. I finally got together the 1350ish tokens needed, went to LA and happily bought my gear to equip my guardian…if only I had taken the seconds to check I wouldn’t have bought 5 pieces of heavy gear and a medium chestpiece…boy that was a sad evening then

The usual “panicpressbuttondodgerolloffacliff” things happen to me quite often but less now than they used to. So far haven’t salvaged any precursors as far as I know. Maybe buying the legend around christmas before the announcment of HoT counts as stupid as well…

I really facepalmed myself when they introduced the wardrobe. Just before thy did, they also got rid of pvp glory. I would have had enough glory to buy quite a few racial/dungeon armor sets but went, let’s spend the glory on other skins, i don’t need those armors in PvP…well stupid me…

I still get confused in PvP matches, what color my team is and to which points on the maps to refer to as “close” or “far” sometimes…

+ : Keyrings, Underwater-Combat, Build Templates
- : Mounts, ViP-Player systems, HoT-like Xpacs
Have a nice day.

Posted by: epandrsn.5126

epandrsn.5126

Spent a ton of karma on a set of gear, realized it was the wrong armor type… luckily it was only three pieces from that vendor.

Spent a bunch of badges/tokens and gold on the wrong armor type as well… I’ve done this a handful of times, and it always makes me rage quit. I’ll be a little tipsy or something and only realize my mistake when I go to put the gear on.

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Seriously if something is way valuable there should be a popup saying, “Are you really really really sure you want to turn this into material?” I assume there isn’t.

You get that pop up for anything above a green. Not sure that adding a second pop up to ask, “no seriously are you really really really sure,” would be a good thing necessarily.

Are you sure? Are you really really sure about that??

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Ardenwolfe.8590

You’re not a ranger until weapon ability off a cliff.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Me and a friend started attacking the legendary guardians at the enemies exit in WvW. Needles to say that didnt go well…..

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You’re not a ranger until weapon ability off a cliff.

I guess I’m not a ranger. I mean, I’ve Lightning Reflex’d off a cliff to a smaller cliff under it then gotten massacred by AoEs . . . but never done weapon skills off a cliff.

It helps I tend towards longbow/shortbow/axe&whatever . . .

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

maybe selling The Spark for 539g back in the beginning….

Well I sold Dreamer for 110g, but bought Spark for 150g~ so you shoulda kept at least 1 precursor around. XD

Not sure about dumbest thing but there’s a few regretful things, such as when I wanted to buy Jetpack for 100g (after I got sick of running the dungeon 1000 times with no drop) and sell it later but decided not to. The price increase was so much more than I thought it’d be after event.

Then recently I finally got around to completing an Arah Track in pvp to get the shoulder skin back that I skinned over and eventually Salvaged before Wardrobe arrived so I had to get it all over again for collection but never wanted to. Good thing PvP tracks were added, I hate that dungeon.

And now that I think of it, dumbest thing I ever did was a few days ago when I picked Ascended crafting mats from 30 day log in reward instead of Laurels~ and now I don’t have enough to make my Guardian armor cuz I didn’t realize they removed them from dailys. :o Also with that, anytime I run fractals expecting an Armor Box to drop makes me feel really dumb.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I bought all the electro dyes at almost 100g per dye when there were hardly any, because I desperately wanted to unlock all of them and the quantities were quickly drying up… only to find out later on they all dropped to crazy low prices when they were added to black lion chests (Taimi’s Dye Kit) >_< I could have saved myself hundreds of gold if I knew Anet was going to make them easier to obtain :-/

Lesson learnt: buy them months later when they’re most likely added to black lion chests and/or added back into the gemstore and more come into circulation.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

ahh yes…fail time.

Well my biggest fail was that back when i decked out my main in exotics i bought first off the completely wrong weight class and didnt notice it before i put a full set of runes of strength on it was a bit bummed out but shrugged it off and bought some extractors to fix the issue…then took a break not noticing it for a hour or two and then completely lost in thoughts tossed the darn set into the mystic toilet and only noticed it bout 1 hour later as i checked my PMs and saw the extractors i bought earlier…the fail was strong in this day

Ardenwolfe.8590

I guess I’m not a ranger. I mean, I’ve Lightning Reflex’d off a cliff to a smaller cliff under it then gotten massacred by AoEs . . . but never done weapon skills off a cliff.

(laugh) So you never dodged leaped, with a shortbow, off a cliff?

Gone to Reddit.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

(laugh) So you never dodged leaped, with a shortbow, off a cliff?

I have not accidentally done so. Off a wall, intentionally, yes. Quickest way out of a tower being taken.

Ardenwolfe.8590

You’re one of the rare ones then.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Recently, working on the Dungeoneer achievement, I wasted my tokens twice on skins I already had.

This wasn’t me but I wanted to share: I was at a teq map where another player accused the eles of dropping earth fields. I felt so bad for them with the teasing that ensued.

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Making ascended weapons I accidentally crafted twenty hardwood dowels instead of twenty hardwood planks.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

The dumbest things That I have ever done in this game was:
1) Purchased Gems
2) Purchased BL Keys
3) Flushed a bunch of money down the Mystic Toilet.

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The dumbest things That I have ever done in this game was:
1) Purchased Gems

Purchasing gems is only dumb if you do it to get ahead in the game. The Watchwork pick is the only thing they have put up that could have done that, and even then you would probably have got a better return on you investment if you had put your gold into t6 mats.

Purchasing gems is not dumb if you think paying a little bit for fripperies is OK in order to support a game with a no-sub model that you want to keep going because you enjoy it.

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

Burning through 15G in 20 minutes on the Drydock Scratch jump puzzle before I learned that one payment gave an hour-long buff.

To put this in perspective, my account wallet has never seen the north side of 30G.

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

falling and dying

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

Killed tequatl 477 times and still doing hoping to get teq hoard for the blade….. Not grind at all

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

^ you don’t need that you want it. Therefor your making yourself grind for it and it is only optional.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

I wanted 2 legendaries and I made them. I want teq blade there is nothing I can do to get it but hope. And hoping for loot is what made 1.4 milion players leave WoW in 2013

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Attempt to PvP.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

For the skins, if you were playing before the big Wardrobe update, you might have unlocked those skins through PvP and not had the precursor at all.

Even then, it’s possible. Tooth of Frostfang shares a skin with Corrupted Skeggox.

I loved the skin of the Hunter since I first saw it in the PvP locker so I was so happy when I got it from the MF. But I completely forgot that there is another rifle with the same skin so I unlocked the skin. And I’ve no intention to craft The Predator. I should have sold it and bought that other rifle instead …

What other weapon?
Unless it was an item added recently(after the v2 API) it doesn’t exist(I haven’t updated my items list since then). Many precursors share a skin with another much cheaper weapon but that doesn’t seem to be the case for The Hunter.

It used to be possible to get the skin through PvP.

… dumbest thing I’ve seen other people do: leave the dungeon/fractal after defeating the boss but before taking the reward.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I wanted 2 legendaries and I made them. I want teq blade there is nothing I can do to get it but hope. And hoping for loot is what made 1.4 milion players leave WoW in 2013

I don’t know if that’s what made players leave WoW or anything else, though I certainly find it to be a pitiful motivator. Gambling bores me, and I do not feel ‘elation’ or ‘joy’ if I persistat it and finally get what I want.

I typically feel animosity for the time wasted going from point A (not having) to point b (having) by thoroughly needless, useless, unfun RNG. I almost ubiquitously feel annoyed, and on occasion, that annoyance has been sufficient to drive me away from a game altogether.

Looking at you, Champions Online.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.