time for a change- still no precursor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

85 achievements. 2000 hours played. You get the point. In fact, no one in guild( 10+ active members). Place precursors in the achievement boxes-say every 5k. It will reward active and varied game play, not chance.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

There’s people with like 4/5000 hours played and no pre.

And EVERY 5k for a pre? yes, that’s all we need, more people running around with ledgendaries, and mats even more expensive.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

How will a precursor in the 5k achievement chest reward varied and active gameplay? It’s pretty easy to 5k just spamming LS achieves and some of the easier/faster normal achieves.

Precursor acquisition isn’t suppose to be easy. If it was so easy, legendary weapons would be even less legendary than they already are, which at this point is already pretty low on the scale.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

85 achievements. 2000 hours played. You get the point. In fact, no one in guild( 10+ active members). Place precursors in the achievement boxes-say every 5k. It will reward active and varied game play, not chance.

6K+ hours in 693 days with 12K+ AP and only 1 precursor from the MF in that time.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

5k AP box for precursors is the worst idea I’ve ever heard. But continuing…

Another way, other than RNG, would be nice. It should involve crafting, but some of the things you need for it should be only obtainable through use of actual skill. They need to add something that can be solo-able, or a duo, that requires maximum knowledge and experience of GW2 combat, jumping, types of mob, skills etc. You would have to complete this to acquire something, or several things, to make your precursor.

But for those who are unable to do it, there’s still the drop, mystic forge and gold methods. But (hopefully) for the players who are able to complete it the challenging way should, it be more time and gold efficient than the other 3 current methods we have.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

It is easier to get more achievement points by doing a variety of things, versus just events, dungeons, and wvw. Yes, the availability of t6 mats must be considered and possibly modified and I’must certain there are many other factors that must be considered. But the current pathetic drop rateand ring isn’t working for anyone.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I THINK he was referring to a 5000k hours played milestone.

And the problem I have with “skill” based achievements for getting a precursor is that the process of getting a legendary already covers most of them. You already have to craft, fight through dungeons, jumping puzzles, kill certain creatures, etc…

I mean the only unique thing that a precursor could really require would be the hard world boss content (Teq, Triple Trouble, etc). Oh lordy, would the rage fly if THAT was required of the player base.

I do like that Arena.net expanded the legendary process to PvP tournament winners. But I do think there needs to be something outside of RNG for PvE content players. I’m not sold on craftable precursors, but SOMETHING like a set of achievements where a precursor is the end result.

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

An Achievement Point milestone is just the same waiting game I’m (arguably everyone) playing now. My gold builds, my Collectibles accumulate, with leisurely play I’ll be able to craft my Legendary the second I’m able to afford it’s precursor. Which might be sooner than anticipated, with time-gated Ascended crafting materials.

I’m excited for the scavenger hunt.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I THINK he was referring to a 5000k hours played milestone.

“Place precursors in the achievement boxes-say every 5k.” No he wasn’t. ^^

I mean the only unique thing that a precursor could really require would be the hard world boss content (Teq, Triple Trouble, etc). Oh lordy, would the rage fly if THAT was required of the player base.

I’m not sold on craftable precursors, but SOMETHING like a set of achievements where a precursor is the end result.

I agree it should not be from something involving the organization and skill of HUGE groups of players in order to succeed, no no no thank you!

But I’m talking a slightly randomly generated solo/duo dungeon here. Something that does not have one path to success that can be easily learned and ran over and over. Something that incorporates everything about GW2, and forces you to be top class at all of them. Something that involves thinking – switching skills out, knowing certain mob type’s skills. The reason I say crafting is because at least then it involves collecting of several parts to make the process a little more demanding (but essentially more cost-effective than buying, and more time-effective than waiting for RNG). I believe this would take monumental thought and planning from designers and I doubt we’d ever get something so from Anet. But I can only hope.

There is not much in GW2 that truly rewards knowledge of the game and skill (if Fractals was more rewarding, I think that would be step in there. Shame the rewards are BS right now).

| Lithia |

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

5.5K hrs 600 days, 1k tries in MF with nada to show for it. All ready for Legendary (well, except for for some WvW vistas. Not a single precursor, but would love to get one, esp. guaranteed LOL Will just keep trying <smile>

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

Posted by: Liquid Swords.1740

Liquid Swords.1740

I was just saying today that it seems like precursors have been taken off the pve loot table from killing mobs/chests. I have been farming a lot of orr and doing lots of pve and it has been a long time since I have heard of or seen anyone getting a precursor except from the mystic toilet.

Fort Aspenwood – PRX

Boneheart.3561

I have been farming…

Good lord no.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

My Dawn as looted from a lv60 dead shark in Timberline Fall near the Krait building. Well it was 9 months ago. I think it still drops but since the wardrobe change, people rather keep their precursor and craft a legendary instead of selling.

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

11.6k achievements, been here since launch, ~3k hours (idk really)

0 precursor drops
0 mystic forge precursor

But 4 and soon to be 5 legendaries.
Luck isn’t with me, but I’m smart enough to not gamble all of my money on the toilet or hopelessly wait for a randomized drop in not only a precursor, but 1 specific precursor out of the many.

In fact, my luckiest thing is that I got 1 abyss and 1 celestial back to back from the Mystic Forge in 2012 Wintersday. Where the Lost Shores update literally farted precursors, I got Coldsnap.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

(edited by LumAnth.5124)

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I think it is faster selling all your T6 and Ectos and buying the legendary off the TP than getting a precursor.

Posted by: xil.5140

xil.5140

If you complain that you spent X amount of gold in the Mystic forge without a pre, just know that you sound ridiculous. Take that money and buy the pre.

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

Horizontal progression still means progression, no?

The Legendaries have been around for how long? Do people not ever expect new sets?

Over time, legendaries will become less rare, no matter what. Keeping them super ultra rare behind a RNG gate (as opposed to actual skill based obstacles) is obnoxious. We need new Legendary Sets to deepen the pool.

As it stands there’s nothing impressive about a legendary. Whenever I see someone with one all I think it “lol. I wonder how many laps in Orr/COF that took”. I’ve never even considered attempting one because it’s just a grind that makes Korean MMO’s look vibrant and exciting.

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

0 precursors from karka event (2 boxes).

I got
1 from random box
1 from MF | random yellow types
~5 from MF | cheapest exotics + stones
~5 from MF | yellow rares same types ~1500-2000 per

I don’t count after ~10 precursors.

I think you are doing something wrong.

English is not my native language, sorry :<

(edited by ezd.6359)

Boneheart.3561

… it’s just a grind…

All I’ve done is just enjoy the game, no grind, no farm (either one immediately makes me sleepy). If I wanted, I could sell the extra crafting materials I keep for a second Legendary and purchase a precursor right now, to craft my very first Legendary. I’m also keeping components for a third Legendary.

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Save your rares, exotics and w/e you can and forge them. Also craft as many rare weapons and forge those also.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You do realise that if everyone was guaranteed to get a precursor every 5k achievement points they would instantly become one of the most common items in the game and virtually worthless right?

If you want one because you want to make a specific legendary entirely because you like that weapon then this would be a much better system.

But from what I’ve seen the majority of people who want a legendary want one because they’re (relatively) rare and hard to get and a lot of that comes down to the precursor. Or they want a precursor so they can sell it for a lot of money. And that would be completely ruined if everyone was guaranteed to get one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

It’s the signature that counts:

Skjold Pjod – TC [BOMB] [NvUs] [GoNe]
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
297 Precursors forged and counting.

When Lady Deedra speaks… take that advice
:)

EDIT: I have 0 pre’s and I do exactly as others have advised. I will keep doing it and hopefully some day Zommoros will take pity and stop playing favorites.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

(edited by Infernia.9847)

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I have never seen a precursor.

Attachments:

Stuff goes here.

Posted by: xil.5140

xil.5140

How much of that 8k hrs are afk though…

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

How much of that 8k hrs are afk though…

I do not log in to AFK. I actively play the game. If I am not playing the game, I log out. Most of that 8k is in WvW, though. Its not exactly farming the traditional way, but killing players for loot bags is still farming I guess.

Stuff goes here.