top 5 things you want in Gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

The Main Tweak.
Basic reaction to an attack or defend is to move twice as fast. Due to the adrenalin rush. Not the other way round like in GW2 at the moment.

Therefore its:
1. 30-40% Faster Combat
2. 30-40% Faster Combat
3. 30-40% Faster Combat
4. 30-40% Faster Combat
5. All the above plus the same movement speed as out of combat.
You would wanna move as fast as possible during combat not slowmo.

GW2 combat is too slow for me.
It would be great if animation and everything during combat would be a tad faster.
Even some mmos with 1 sec/0.5sec gcd are much more faster.
Why? Due to their fast and almost instant animation which made the toon already swung a sword or shoot an arrow or cast a spell within that 1s or 0.5s of gcd.
I hope some peeps understood what i mean lol.

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

• snip*

1. Expansions (these are Cantha, Elona, Blood legin homeland, crystal desert map areas)
2. more Classes and more weapon set for Classes. (postal warriors anyone?)

why i want these

1. the game needs to grow and expand living story is nice but seems kind of a bit meh to me
2. more classes would be nice always nice to try new things, weapons well I would love to see my warrior rock with a pistol lol

1) No, not really. Doing something with current lands keeps activity within the game even. Expanding maps causes player spread and content degeneration. It’s not a good thing at all (just look at Outland and the Wrath zone from WoW as examples of such).

2)More classes/weapons causes more balance issues overall. It’s basically increasing the work load for the developers for many things (armor, weapons, balance, abilities, bugs, etc.). It would overall effect the pace at which content is added to the game as well as other things. not good.

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

1) No, not really. Doing something with current lands keeps activity within the game even. Expanding maps causes player spread and content degeneration. It’s not a good thing at all (just look at Outland and the Wrath zone from WoW as examples of such).

Yeah, because they’re totally not deserted due to the fact that they are old content that isn’t at the level cap.

Honestly, spreading the userbase isn’t a good justification for content stagnation.

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

While this is not a desirable side-effect, the alternative is to stop growing the game altogether, and watch areas die because people are getting tired of seeing the same old areas all the time. Does ANet really think making insignificant changes to existing content for years to come is keeping players interested in the game for long? Personally? The Living Story is boring the hell out of me tbh. While I love GW2, I can’t see me playing this game in a year from now in without significant -permanent- content additions.

Area growth is the lesser of the two evils, if you ask me. ANet can still have world boss events and invasions etc. in the areas that make people go back to older areas. It’s the beauty of their event/downleveling system.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zewad.6138

Zewad.6138

1. Cloaks
2. Third Soldier prof
3. Dyeable weapons
4. Cloaks
5. Cloaks

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2341

Gilgamesh.2341

Since most armor has not spot for a Charr tail, the ability to turn off coats so that my tail is not clipped, just like you can for back, mask and glove

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

Yeah, because they’re totally not deserted due to the fact that they are old content that isn’t at the level cap.

Honestly, spreading the userbase isn’t a good justification for content stagnation.

What “content stagnation” are you even referring to? We’re getting new content every 2-weeks with the Living Story. This is one game where “content stagnation” is nonexistent, and instead replaced with “content overload”.

While this is not a desirable side-effect, the alternative is to stop growing the game altogether, and watch areas die because people are getting tired of seeing the same old areas all the time. Does ANet really think making insignificant changes to existing content for years to come is keeping players interested in the game for long? Personally? The Living Story is boring the hell out of me tbh. While I love GW2, I can’t see me playing this game in a year from now in without significant -permanent- content additions.

Area growth is the lesser of the two evils, if you ask me. ANet can still have world boss events and invasions etc. in the areas that make people go back to older areas. It’s the beauty of their event/downleveling system.

You say “insignificant changes”, but that’s your opinion only. Other people hold a higher opinion in that the changes to the game’s world are very nice and enjoyable.

Southsun was introduced November and then morphed in June, yet even as a new, high-level area it has been all but abandoned by the playerbase. This is kind of a red flag for A.Net that if they introduce large content areas, players will rush to ‘complete’ it directly then abandon it later.

Look at what’s coming next update. It’s a new addition to the game that’s in Kessix Hills. It’s Krait related and will replace the less-than-popular Krait Witch. It’s some major changes to a zone less traveled to get players to go there and enjoy the content around the main content of the event/update.

Posted by: Kimyrielle.3826

Kimyrielle.3826

Southsun was introduced November and then morphed in June, yet even as a new, high-level area it has been all but abandoned by the playerbase. This is kind of a red flag for A.Net that if they introduce large content areas, players will rush to ‘complete’ it directly then abandon it later.

Southsun got abandoned because the area was all around horribly designed. It didn’t make the slightest sense whatsoever in the overall storyline and still disjointed with the rest of the game. It features unfun to fight against mobs with insane aggro-ranges that obviously were meant for group play, but point is that people rarely run full sized teams in open-world content, so they obviously shy away from going there. Southsun isn’t a case against more areas, it’s a case against bad area design.

Look at what’s coming next update. It’s a new addition to the game that’s in Kessix Hills. It’s Krait related and will replace the less-than-popular Krait Witch. It’s some major changes to a zone less traveled to get players to go there and enjoy the content around the main content of the event/update.

I haven’t heard of that yet, but tell you want’s funny: Kessex Hill is a great zone for the most part. The Krait Witch sucks, yes. But if they replace her with something else, Kessex Hills will still be largely Kessex Hills. I have been there. Often. As in often enough. I want to go someplace NEW. Replacing an unpopular mob in a huge area that people have been traveled to dozens of times is pretty much what I would call an insignificant change.

And yes, it’s my opinion. Should go without saying that what people say on a discussion forum is subjective. My impression is that I am hardly alone with mine, though.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

1 Atmosphere changes.
More adult ones that is, i want to see blood, creepier music and zones, dead mutilated bodies and skeletons and the list goes on. Dragons threaten the whole land they say but all i see is unconscious npcs waiting to be ressed.
And i am sure they can do it while still keeping the 12+ plus rating as there are games for teens that are a whole lot more brutal than guild wars 2

2 hide legendary weapon footprints option, they are very very ugly. Sorry Anet ^^

3 new weapons for classes/abilities/classes

4 music tied to specific zones and less legendary music, sometimes less is more and with guild wars 2 music it always is attempting to make it feel epic to the point it never is epic.

5bigger loot table that is more about rare cosmetic drops tied to specific zones/mobs/dungeon bosses. To spread out the pop a bit more instead of everyone running to the best farm spot this week.

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

New weapons for archer like polearms, it would make huntard enjoyable again. High heels for female heavy armor, the height will dominate the battlefield!

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

1. New expansion (cantha,elona…)
2. Guild Wars….(guild vs guild) and guild halls
3. Fix bugs
4. Duels
5.New class (Dervish)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Exactly, the only reason they are deserted is because thete’s no reason to go back to them. Now if we add very important skills and traits which can only be unlocked by doing content in each area, then they won’t be deserted as long as we get a constant flow of new players.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

1. Griffons as tamable pets.
2. Guild Halls
3. More horns faces etc… (thanks for the new hairs u added recently!)
4. A better working Guild system (last logged on, Guild mail etc – there are many treads on this)
5. More tribal styled armour – Everything new is leaning towards too much high Tech and modern things atm, imo…

Kima & Co

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

1. Cantha and Elona
2. Deeper lore related to GW1. I mean, it’s still Guild Wars, but it doesn’t feel like it. Southsun and Scarlet feel… Random.
3. Valid alternatives to pure damage builds. I don’t mind that you can play that way, I just want it to be a relevant option to use more conditions for example, or control, or support. More real build and play variety, like we had in GW1.
4. More armor designs, and a greater variety. Not just trench coats for mediums, for example, or more covered up, cool alternatives for light armor.
5. “Smarter” bosses. Right now they’re just walking bundles of HP and armor, for which you basically just need to find enough people to hammer away at. Tequatl, or what I’ve experienced of it so far (never any other players there…) seems to go in the right direction. The bosses should attack more often, have a greater variety to their attacks and actually be dangerous to larger groups too. Again, I’m looking at GW1. We don’t necessarily need to bring the old system of enemies using player skills, but their skills and their behavior should at least be more sophisticated.

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

1. Dyeable weapons
2. Perm content
3. Perm content
4. Perm content
5. ALL 3 above in the form of new BIG zones new rewards more events in ALL of the zones with rewards that worth something that is not about champion farming that stands in 1 place………

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I just want one thing:

Fixes for the issues which are in-game since beta, trait bugs, skill bugs etc etc. And I mean that both balance-wise and functionality-wise and for all classes.

Only then the game could be modified in other ways, because it would actually work as intended.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

(1) Player Housing and Guild Halls
(2) Reduce the stats of Ascended and Legendary equipment back to Exotic
(3) More professions and races, and better game balance between professions
(4) Fix the issues and bugs with the game, especially the 25 stack condition cap
(5) A renewed focus on the Underwater environment

Posted by: Kagato.4061

Kagato.4061

1. Make story mode dungeons solo-able and make them part of the main questline. The rewards for doing the story mode of these dungeons are abysmal anyway, so I doubt anyone will truly care. Plus it lets you catch up with the Destiny’s Edge, and not have to worry about other group members wanting to skip scenes you haven’t seen before.

2. Permanent Content. I really dislike how much temporary stuff is released every month. If you played the game on released and quit, then it’s almost exactly the same game as last time. what a disappointment. Plus, I kind of want them to go the WoW route of taking their time with updates. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I’d rather they take 2-3 months to create a really big content patch, rather than releasing these tiny patches constantly.

3. MORE PVP MODES. Do I even need to say more? Conquest mode is so boring now. Even when Battlegrounds were first released in WoW, they came in two flavors. Add a CTF mode, an Arena mode where you only have 1 life per round, ANYTHING to make SPvP interesting again!

4. Nerf conditions in PvP, buff conditions in PvE. As of now, Conditions and especially Necromancers in particular are AMAZING in PvP. I won’t go so far as to claim that they are broken, but they are too strong for their abilities. On the other end of the spectrum, conditions are worthless in PvE, so there needs to be some fixing for it there.

5. Player Housing! Just please, for the love of God, don’t make it cost an arm and a leg to craft it or buy it or whatever they decide to implement.

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

1. GvG
2. Cast bars
3. Particle effect slider
4. More skills
5. Cantha

In no particular order

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

1. Make story mode dungeons solo-able and make them part of the main questline. The rewards for doing the story mode of these dungeons are abysmal anyway, so I doubt anyone will truly care. Plus it lets you catch up with the Destiny’s Edge, and not have to worry about other group members wanting to skip scenes you haven’t seen before.

I’d love it if they did that, since we probably won’t see any heroes or henchmen in this game… I just don’t always feel like waiting for, or playing with, PUGs.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

1 Guild Hall (as promised)
2 Free place to battle friends (makes great guild and relationship building.
3. Better female armor and town outfit. Would like to see more sexy outfits
4. an easy dungeon to do though with friends. They are too stressful and not fun.
5. Tequatl is too hard. I don’t even do that anymore. Not fun at all.

Posted by: Kugkug.8795

Kugkug.8795

A compelling and fun spvp mode that results in a massive increase in spvp participation and the resulting dedication of much more development time to spvp because people are actually using it.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I would like Rangers to not consisently top the list of the most useless classes in WvW.

I would like ANet to take their own advice and be more open with the community by actually getting involved with some of the class debates going.

I would like some improvements on QOL issues. Things like account bound dyes, accuont bound WXP, the ability to manage sets of gear, etc.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

1: Alliances
2: Guild Halls
3: GvG
4: Guild Leaders tag much like a Commander’s tag, but visible only to guild members.
5: A “home” button. Much like going to the mists, but to the home instance, always available out of combat.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace