transfering ascended armor?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Thoughtless.7148

Thoughtless.7148

I’m planning on changing my warriors race and i was wondering if there was still an issue with the trans splitters when it comes to ascended armor?

for those that don’t know i believe the issue is that if you have transmuted a skin over your ascended armor then transmute it to a white to transfer, when you split it you will get the skin with exotic stats and the white armor, thus losing your ascended stats

is this still a problem?

or will i have to split the ascended piece from the exotic skin, than put the ascended onto a white to be able to split it and receive the ascended stats after the transfer?

thank you for your assistance.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

To use a splitter and get your ascended item on your new character, it has to be the “Appearance”/“Name” of the ascended item transmuted onto a white-rarity “Stats” of the same type. If you have a skin over the top, and transmute to a white, the skin you chose, or the “Apparance”/“Name” will be the one that gets transferred over and split, thus the ascended part, or “stats” will be lost with the skin on-top.

However,

There currently should not be any problems using splitters on ascended items with appearance transmuted over them (I cannot personally verify this), you should receive the item that gave the skin and the item that gave the stats, therefore, you would have to do something like this;

[Ascended item with different appearance] > [Transmutation splitter]

Which will give you your [Ascended item with original appearance] + [Item that contains the appearance that was previously on top of the ascended stats]

Then

[Ascended item with original appearance] > [Transmutation Crystal]+[White-Rarity account bound item] giving [Ascended item appearance “Name” with white-rarity “stats”]

Which you can then transfer (using the bank) to your new character, and on your new character, [Ascended item appearance “Name” with white rarity "stats] > [Transmutation splitter] to give you the [Ascended item with original Appearance/Stats] + [White-Rarity item you used as the “stats” of the transmute]

Really though, t may be worth just making an entire new set then trying to transfer your current one. See below;

• You will need 12 transmutation splitters and 12 transmutation crystals, so 3,300 gems + 560 gems to transfer the armour between characters. This is either $50 or 350g to take your 6 pieces of ascended armour to a new character if you already have the transmutation crystals.
  • Weapons will be an additional 800 gems or 73g if you want to transfer them too and have applied skins over them.

Looking at those prices, it would be more beneficial to keep your current set on your warrior and make another for your new warrior, this would allow you to go back to your first warrior if you feel like using it again, and not require a re-gear.

(edited by Natsu Dragneel.1625)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You have to transmute the appearance of the ascended onto account bound white item to be able to transfer them, then use a splitter on the new character (as everything will be soul bound after the split)

Thus, if you have transmuted other skins onto your ascended, you have to use a splitter for each one, then go about your transmutations,

• You will need 12 transmutation splitters and 12 transmutation crystals, so 3,300 gems + 560 gems
  • This is either $50 or 350g to take your 6 pieces of ascended armour to a new character if you already have the transmutation crystals.
  • Weapons will be an additional 800 gems or 73g if you want to transfer them too and have applied skins over them.

It is cheaper to make another weapon completely for your new character, I think they are around 40-60g to craft?

I am not sure on the price for an armour set, however I believe it is close to 300g if not more, you will have to check here.

It might just be cheeper to re-make the entire lot and your old warrior will retain its set and be useable at any time, but you will need to farm emp/dragonite/bloodstone etc again if you don’t have any stored up.

You clearly didn’t read the OP.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Fixed, I misread the OP,

However, Flis, at least I tried answering and being helpful, instead of just meaninglessly pointing out that I made a mistake?

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Fixed, I misread the OP,

However, Flis, at least I tried answering and being helpful, instead of just meaninglessly pointing out that I made a mistake?

I can’t answer the OP, as I don’t know

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Natsu Dragneel.1625

=p either way, I think I got it right this time ^^