transmute for runes and stats gone?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: End Walker.9324

End Walker.9324

Hey Anet,

Liking some of the updates but how do I transmute my stat and runes now? Great I can transmute skins but I am not buying another rune.

example:

I have gloves with power, precision, healing with a superior rune of undead. I decided I wanted to change it to power, vitality, condition damage. I bought the new gloves and went to transmute them so I have the new stats and my old rune, but I can’t. I either do not know how to with this new patch or the team did not consider this. I really hope it’s the first.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I would like to know the answer to this question too before i go equipping runes and sigils to my gear.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Black Lion Salvage Kit

Posted by: End Walker.9324

End Walker.9324

cant for temple gear and dungeon gear Clarkcd

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

Cant for gear u buy with karma either.

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Or any gear that wasn’t from a drop. Not being able to salvage everything is one of my biggest issues with this game. Kills me a bit inside when i am forced to just throw away old karma gear because i can’t sell or salvage it when i out leveled it, specially the first few days the game was out when i was leveling my first guy when i had to grind a bit to get the karma needed to get each piece of the set. This hasn’t really effected me till now when i bought some lower level gear from various merchants to unlock the skins and being reminded that the gear i just bought with gold (faction sets) and karma cannot be salvaged or sold, the faction set i bought for about 10g, i just cannot bring myself to delete it now that i have the skins.

Best solution imo for this is to allow us to salvage every piece of gear, there is no reason not to. I think the only reason they did this win the first place was when the game launched faction gear was pennies and people bought them by the truckload and salvaged them, now that they are too expensive to just buy and salvage there isn’t much point in keeping the restriction.

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

oh! here is my right thread!
When I bought my temple armour and equipped it with usable runes (means some gold investment) I was under the impression “nothing can happen” I always can transmute my runes to another stat set …BUT…ups!

Please tell us what we can do here.

Posted by: Shukudu.7164

Shukudu.7164

+1 this thread, need to know

Northern Shiverpeaks-TFG
Vanduul Lvl 80 Ranger
Omekrius Lvl 80 Guardian

Posted by: Zhalfirin.4532

Zhalfirin.4532

Can’t salvage out runes in weapons bought with Badges of Honor either. Now the Rune of Tormenting on my old weapon is stuck there forever. I wanted to move it to my other staff, since they introduced a 2nd slot on 2-handers but I guess not.

If they just made these vendor bought weapons (and armor) salvageable so they give you back any Sigil or Rune that wasn’t originally in it that would be fine, doesn’t need to give any crafting mats or anything else.

(edited by Zhalfirin.4532)

Posted by: ArtiN.4286

ArtiN.4286

any response Anet????

Posted by: mooty.4560

mooty.4560

I noticed that I can’t seem to salvage equipment I’ve transmuted with the new wardrobe system. That ties up some runes on now unused stat spreads that I’m sure I could remove if only I spent many, many gems on upgrade removers.

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I noticed that I can’t seem to salvage equipment I’ve transmuted with the new wardrobe system. That ties up some runes on now unused stat spreads that I’m sure I could remove if only I spent many, many gems on upgrade removers.

That is a more serious problem. Not being able to salvage runes from temple armor is an understandable discomfort (ecto’s), not being able to salvage from crafted and looted gear is a bigger flaw.

Posted by: AnonRav.3192

AnonRav.3192

I think this is where the Upgrade Extractor (think that is what it is called) in the gem store is used. It’s expensive….but probably the only way to get the runes/sigils from non-salvageable items now.

Posted by: kanarek.8025

kanarek.8025

You can use upgrade extractor.. If it’s expensive for you, just buy/craft new upgrade(s).. Don’t expect that you will get cheap solution for everything..

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Hey Anet,

Liking some of the updates but how do I transmute my stat and runes now? Great I can transmute skins but I am not buying another rune.

example:

I have gloves with power, precision, healing with a superior rune of undead. I decided I wanted to change it to power, vitality, condition damage. I bought the new gloves and went to transmute them so I have the new stats and my old rune, but I can’t. I either do not know how to with this new patch or the team did not consider this. I really hope it’s the first.

I am confused about the complaint. are you trying to change the look of your new item?
or are you trying to get a rune out a red item and put it into something new?

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Hey Anet,

example:

I am confused about the complaint. are you trying to change the look of your new item?
or are you trying to get a rune out a red item and put it into something new?

He/She is trying to get a rune from one stat-combo set to another. While undead runes are dirt cheap, other rune sets would seriously hurt your wallet when you decide to change the stat combo of your armor (i.e. buy or craft a new one) …

And the only solution appears to involve the gemshop. Which also hurts your wallet. Had the same problem yesterday, was not amused :/

Polka will never die

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’ve said this before and I will say it again. Solution: make karma items salvageble again with only the account bound rune as result of the salvage.
Nobody gets gold profit, and those who want the rune for karma get it. It’s a win-win.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

Presumably since they lost potential gem sales on transmutes (the stones became useful, spvp hands out the occasional charge, etc) they need to make it up elsewhere, such as the extractors. =/

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ah, so there was a thread about this when I started mine.

I’ve said this before and I will say it again. Solution: make karma items salvageble again with only the account bound rune as result of the salvage.
Nobody gets gold profit, and those who want the rune for karma get it. It’s a win-win.

Better solution, let us use transmutation charges to move runes and sigils to like equipment. Don’t make us purchase an item just to recover something that we used to be able to keep for free.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

So if they allow you to salvage Karma armor or any armor you can’t currently salvage what is to stop people from just using vast amounts of karma to gain the materials from those pieces at an alarming rate? I this this is one of AN concerns.

Would it be suitable to salvage it but get nothing out of it besides the rune or sigil you wanted?

I think a better solution here is to make extractors a reasonable price. Because currently they are not, and I can’t imagine many people have ever used them.

There are other solutions mind you but I think this is an easy one.

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Why would it be bad if karma armor was just normal armor? Does linen really need to cost 6silver/scrap? The situation with badge armor is even worse because it costs gold as well as badges.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

That isn’t for me to determine. AN has always had an aversion to allowing a karma to gold exchange and try to minimize it as much as possible.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I noticed the same the other day when I was making some outfit changes.

We used to be able to do this, now we’re not. Is it an oversight, unfortunate side effect, or by design? What are the alternatives and how costly are they? Valid questions that I wish ANet would answer.

Kal Spiro.9745

I noticed the same the other day when I was making some outfit changes.

We used to be able to do this, now we’re not. Is it an oversight, unfortunate side effect, or by design? What are the alternatives and how costly are they? Valid questions that I wish ANet would answer.

The only alternative is to buy over priced extractors and extract them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

Or any gear that wasn’t from a drop. Not being able to salvage everything is one of my biggest issues with this game. Kills me a bit inside when i am forced to just throw away old karma gear because i can’t sell or salvage it when i out leveled it, specially the first few days the game was out when i was leveling my first guy when i had to grind a bit to get the karma needed to get each piece of the set.

One thing you can do is throw 4 old items of the same rarity in the mystic forge. I usually get back something I can then salvage or sell.

And I also agree we should be able to transmute runes & sigils from the wardrobe like we used to be able to with transmute stones and crystals.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

(edited by Malganis.7468)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

+1
I was using superior runes of strength before they increased to 10 gold. I had 11 armor pieces plus my current set with those runes on them. I could only salvage 6/11 pieces, so I now have 50 gold tied up in armor I don’t use. I would like to move those runes to other pieces/characters. Not worth it to buy the upgrade extractor and since the transmutation process has changed there is no way to pull those runes out. I guess this was Anet’s method to provide a gold sink and make gem sales.

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Upgrade Extractor?

Rawr?

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I don’t think Anet did this intentionally, it’s just that you can’t jury-rig a solution to the unsalvageable gear thing (which has existed for a very long time, presumably as a reaction to some early exploit by players) with transmutation any more.

Better solution, let us use transmutation charges to move runes and sigils to like equipment. Don’t make us purchase an item just to recover something that we used to be able to keep for free.

It wasn’t “free” before, at least if the item was level 80: transmutation crystals were required.

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t think Anet did this intentionally, it’s just that you can’t jury-rig a solution to the unsalvageable gear thing (which has existed for a very long time, presumably as a reaction to some early exploit by players) with transmutation any more.

It wasn’t “free” before, at least if the item was level 80: transmutation crystals were required.

The problem is that the wardrobe was 100% designed for level 80 characters without any consideration for the changes nor implications of low level characters. Think about it. We used to get 3 transmutes per map 1-79, so we could easily keep our gear the same as we leveled. Now those 3 transmutes = 1 charge, the same as a transmutation crystal. Level 80s need to use transmutation crystals so this benefits them as they had no use for stones.

While transmuting we could continually transfer our upgrades to the new gear from 1-79. Level 80s don’t generally need to move an upgrade because they’re already using the gear and upgrade they want. So the lose of this again only seriously impacts 1-79. They made an easy way for level 80s to change their appearance without messing with their gear, while simultaneously making it harder for 1-79 to do what they used to do as a matter of course for free.

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I thought about this a couple days before the patch. It has always aggravated me that I couldn’t just salvage a rune off of certain equipment. An upgrade extractor is fine and dandy for something expensive with an expensive rune, but the extractor costs nearly as much as many of the runes, and why CAN’T I just destroy the karma/storydrop/backpiece item just to salvage the rune. If the answer involves a question of real world profit for ANet, that is kittening sad. If a change to allow it is in the works, that is kittening awesome. Worst part is, we may never get an answer.