weapon strength!!

weapon strength!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

why the legendary longbow kudzu have less weapon strength then sunrise and twilight?

they are all two hand and legendary? anyone can tell me why.,,,, are some legendary weapon more legendary then others?

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Because of the…

Attachments:

weapon strength!!

Oogo.4083

reptillians?

weapon strength!!

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Prop due to … Melee= more dps due to higher risk long range = less dps due to lower risk

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

weapon strength!!

Oogo.4083

Yeah but great sword can be used a long range weapon on Mesmer but the weapon strength doesn’t change!

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Shuzuru.3651

Shuzuru.3651

Cause longbow have less weapon strenght than greatword, no matter the rarity, legendary, ascended, exotic, rare or even white.
The main reason is the balance. There is also a coefficient on skills, that’s why a greatword can be a longrange weapon on mesmer, just reducing the coefficient.

Btw, the weapon isn’t really a important value, only the tooltip value is.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Because you have a 100b at 1500 range while being able to move around and projectiles following targets,compare that to the actual 100b skill of gs which roots you in place and has a 130 range and is incredibly difficult to fully land it on a person,and you might understand why some weaps have a higher base stats than others.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Because you have a 100b at 1500 range while being able to move around and projectiles following targets,compare that to the actual 100b skill of gs which roots you in place and has a 130 range and is incredibly difficult to fully land it on a person,and you might understand why some weaps have a higher base stats than others.

i move around all the time with the GS…..what are you talking about with the “root in place” part?

weapon strength!!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

i move around all the time with the GS…..what are you talking about with the “root in place” part?

“compare that to the actual 100b skill of gs which roots you in place”

As he said, 100b roots you in place; if you move, the attack stops.

weapon strength!!

Caedmon.6798

Sorry,i meant the GS for warrior in this case when i made the comparison about 100b rooting you into place when using it.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Because the game is balanced that way. Are you REALLY going to argue Mesmer Greatsword ranged damage is a problem? Please.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Because the game is balanced that way. Are you REALLY going to argue Mesmer Greatsword ranged damage is a problem? Please.

Its so OP guys!!!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Ultimately, this is a non-issue. If weapon strength was the same, then ranged skills would have slightly lower coefficients, resulting in the same raw damage product.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Sorry,i meant the GS for warrior in this case when i made the comparison about 100b rooting you into place when using it.

nop, still the same, i still move around with my warrior (GS main).
the only one who is really rooted in place is the ranger but that’s it.

weapon strength!!

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The warrior greatsword skill #2, called Hundred Blades (or 100b in short), roots you in place. You cannot channel it while moving. If you start it and then move, the skill stops…

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The warrior greatsword skill #2, called Hundred Blades (or 100b in short), roots you in place. You cannot channel it while moving. If you start it and then move, the skill stops…

But you can still move. “root” is when you cannot move due to a skill you used. See ranger sword on auto, for example, or sylvari elite turret skill.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

weapon strength!!

Caedmon.6798

But you can still move. “root” is when you cannot move due to a skill you used. See ranger sword on auto, for example, or sylvari elite turret skill.

Are you for real… You cannot move when you use 100b,please.Simply made a comparison Damage wise,rapid fire vs 100b,rapid fire being free movement while Gs roots you in place..Now we have 4 comments from ppl not knowing what root in place means.

I think,rapid fire needs to root players in position,this way they cannot spamm their rapid fire on will but actually have to use their brains on when is the best time to use it..am i close enough to fully connect all hits ? , am i far enough for him not to close the gap ? etc etc..Atm its an Hur dur dur skill from 1500 range with no real counter besides reflect or getting out of range and theres no real risk to using it either.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

weapon strength!!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Just a technicality and of no consequence in this disscussion. While technically you are correct that the term ist mostly used in conjunction with negative effects from enemys (see http://mmos.com/mmo-terms#R , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_%28video_gaming%29) this is a non issue.

The 100b GS warrior skill is for all means and purposes a selfimposed root (we could also call it a soft root) if you want to get the full effect from the attack. Being able to move and cancle the attack is not relevant to the disscussion since in that case the attack does less damage and would thus be automatically balanced even if greatswords have higher weapon coefficients.