what's happened to Queensdale?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’ve dropped into Queensdale twice in the past couple of days to charge some quartz crystals, and I’ve been disappointed by what I’ve seen. A zerg of players have been running a circuit of champions for exp/karma/loot/monthly achievements/whatever. That they’ve turned my favorite zone into an mindless assembly-line grind isn’t what bothers me, it’s how they’re treating other players who don’t know or don’t care to follow their champion-killing routine.

Both times I stopped in I saw members of the zerg shouting down, brow-beating, and being needlessly rude to those who did anything to interrupt their circuit. They’re acting as if they own the zone and anyone who doesn’t follow their rules isn’t welcome. It’s not something I expected from what has generally been a very friendly and helpful community.

Hopefully what I’ve seen has been an anomaly. If not…well, unfortunately there’s not much I can do about it other than voice my displeasure in-game and here on the forums.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If they are behaving in a reportable manner then report them.
Unfortunately Queensdale has long been the Daily/Monthly zone and there are a lot of players who pretty much live there and do nothing but grind and be kittens :/
I do agree that it’s concerning – Queensdale is going to be the zone that a lot of first time players first experience (since humans seem to be so popular -_-), so it’s not advantageous to the games community for it to be used in that way.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I’ve dropped into Queensdale twice in the past couple of days to charge some quartz crystals, and I’ve been disappointed by what I’ve seen. A zerg of players have been running a circuit of champions for exp/karma/loot/monthly achievements/whatever. That they’ve turned my favorite zone into an mindless assembly-line grind isn’t what bothers me, it’s how they’re treating other players who don’t know or don’t care to follow their champion-killing routine.

Both times I stopped in I saw members of the zerg shouting down, brow-beating, and being needlessly rude to those who did anything to interrupt their circuit. They’re acting as if they own the zone and anyone who doesn’t follow their rules isn’t welcome. It’s not something I expected from what has generally been a very friendly and helpful community.

Hopefully what I’ve seen has been an anomaly. If not…well, unfortunately there’s not much I can do about it other than voice my displeasure in-game and here on the forums.

I’m sorry but I don’t understand the problem you are having, I frequent Queensdale for dailies and assorted achievements and have run down many of the events you mentioned and have not witnessed any bad treatment between the zergs and other players. What is there to running in killing the champ that disrupts your game-play?

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

/block

Best thing in any game where interaction with another humans is possible.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

What server do you play on, darkace?

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

/annoy as much as possible

Best thing in any game where interaction with another humans is possible.

Fixed.

What’s the server and what’s the circuit they run? Let people know that they can have a laugh at their expense (ie ruining it and all).

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’m sorry but I don’t understand the problem you are having, I frequent Queensdale for dailies and assorted achievements and have run down many of the events you mentioned and have not witnessed any bad treatment between the zergs and other players. What is there to running in killing the champ that disrupts your game-play?

It’s probably more prevalent on darkace’s server than yours but I’ve noticed it on mine as well. The generally friendly, helpful community is slowly turning into a bunch of irritable jerks in places. It’s not a lot of people just some. It may not be happening on your server at all. It’s more obvious in Queensdale but I’ve seen it Wayfarer too. Out of peak NA times generally.

That’s the gripe, as far as I can see. Mob attitude evolution.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

I haven’t seen anything out right disrespectful, but I have seen a general bad tone used whenever someone unknowingly sets of an event, or doesn’t ping that it’s started. They don’t outright tell the unknowing person that they suck kittens, but they will start yelling to everyone in map chat to not do it in general.

BTW I’m on Blackgate and Jade Quarry (I have two accounts), but I’ve mostly seen the zurg-mentality in Blackgate. More so in the past few days too.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I thought maybe it was just me, but I’ve been noticing a bit of rudeness and a zerg train recently also. Did this just start up? I tend to guest on every server, and it seems there’s a new train going on. If someone triggers/kills out of turn, you’re bound to see some rude comments in map chat :P

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I dont’ really look for it, but it seems okay on TC…maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

It’s been getting pretty crazy over on SoR, but that’s probably because we’re one of the bigger servers. Seems like I’m usually tossed into an overflow server if I happen to go to Queensdale.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

TC players seem pretty nice from what I’ve observed of them in Obsidian Sanctum xD.
Players on SoS are nice as well, I’ve only ever really observed people being friendly in Queensdale.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Queensdale is slightly more populated than it usually is on YB, but I haven’t seen any name calling or anything.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

If you had complained about trolling and prepubescent immaturity in Queensdale, I would have to agree with you. However, that was not the stated problem. In what sense do they have a routine that must be followed? Champ is up; kill champ. There’s really is nothing to follow. And, what could they possibly brow-beat you for?

Being rude to those that interrupt their circuit? What exactly is there to interrupt? Again, champ is up or ready to be up, you initiate, you kill champ. The only thing problems I’ve noticed with Queensdale is overflow and that fact that that’s where the pre-teens play. I only go there for SB or to build my block list if I feel it’s getting a bit short.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

There have been a horde of people in Queensdale for months now on Gunnar’s Hold.
They are generally friendly and there are a lot of new players to balance out the 80 zerg.

So far everyone seems to be getting along, so I have not seen any of that. We are a very friendly server community.
Enter LA at your own risk though- the mapchat there can raise a few eyebrows.

Gunnar’s Hold

Lambent.6375

If it’s queensdale, he may be talking about something like someone starting boar, and then someone else starting troll after the person just announced that they started boar, rather than just heading to boar, then doing troll together.

Meaning the people at boar will likely miss out on troll, and the peeps at troll will probably miss out on boar.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It’s because of that stupid champion achievement.

Anyhow, It’s only natural people flock to Queensdale. It’s a superior endgame zone than Cursed Shore ever was since it has a large variety of events and beautiful looking terrain and is generally a pleasant place to be. Where else are you gonna go?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Love Queensdale’s events

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

TBH I also parked there with most of my alts just because events there pop very often, mobs are not demanding to kill and it is quite fast to finish most of the dailies there.
At least compared to Orr there is always something to do.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

My server’s Queensdale is awesome. Feels like a real community.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I find Queensdale dreadfully boring and really dislike going there. I go only for SB, and now the stupid quartz thing, and leave.

Doing dailies is bad enough without doing them is such a boring place. I do most them in mid level maps where the nodes and drops are better and the maps are quiet. I can trigger events as I want and always npc’s around to rez. The only starter map I like going to is Wayfare.

As for the rude ones in Queensdale, there are some on Gunner’s Hold as well. Just the other week the SB oakheart pre-event started. I posted in /map that the event was up. The champ went down pretty fast. Then some kitten complained in /map that the call out for the event wasn’t fast enough. I told the idiot to move faster next time.

So now I don’t bother posting when the pre-event is up.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I like the people flocking to Queensdale on my server. For the most part, everyone is really friendly, and it’s great running into fellow guild members randomly on our way to fight a champ. I would actually like it if people were in map chat more in other areas, letting me know what’s going on.

I don’t feel any pressure to go and do any of these events if they’re up, so if I’m doing something else then I’ll ignore it. But it’s really helpful if I do want to join in. Levelling my alt is great fun now because I get to do it with a huge bunch of people who can help me out if the area I’m in is a bit over-levelled for me.

There are a few sour grapes now and again, but where lots of people congregate there will always also be those kinds of people. Generally, when that happens, people ignore them, block them or put them down a peg or two pretty fast. Maybe I’m just on a friendly server, but I’ve never seen it get nasty or unpleasant.

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

What server is it so I know who to not res?

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

OP did you ever do union farming? Or any type of farm in any game? Ever seen someone come and mess up your farm for no reason when they could have joined you and made more money? People don’t like kittenbags. If you mess up a farm for no visible reason then everyone is going to assume you’re a kittenbag.

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

OP did you ever do union farming? Or any type of farm in any game? Ever seen someone come and mess up your farm for no reason when they could have joined you and made more money? People don’t like kittenbags. If you mess up a farm for no visible reason then everyone is going to assume you’re a kittenbag.

What’s wrong with kittenbags or kitten for that matter? The game is full of overgrown kitties anyway, how are smaller kitten harmful compared to those?

On a serious note, it’s a starter area map and part of the open world. Nobody and I mean NOBODY owns any part of any map in a game. If your farm is getting kittened upside down, go find another spot or another map or ask players nicely to not screw up things. Being a kittenbag doesn’t help in dealing with kittenbags.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Rammie.2843

Rammie.2843

There are better and more profitable places to farm Champions than Queensdale… But to be fair, those places require actual cooperation rather than mindless zerging.

Then again, some people here sound like they don’t know anything besides CoF P1

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

What server are you on? 2 people can solo champs before their zerg can even get in line of sight.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If you go to Malchor’s Leap and kill a single Spark (even by accident) you will get a very similar reaction by the Spark farmers: “Omg you killed that Spark we have a perfect loop we do every 5 minutes and kill all of them, you stole our lodestones!”

One of the problems with farming….

CrossedHorse.4261

What server are you on? 2 people can solo champs before their zerg can even get in line of sight.

Hmm, the OP doesn’t seem to mind the zerg so much as the attitude of the people within the zerg, who are being nasty to other people who are simply trying to play the game. The zerg are acting as if they somehow privately own this particular map, which isn’t the case. I think that is the issue the OP is raising here.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

There’s two things at work here:
1/ the monthly demands 60 champions slain and Queensdale is the easiest place to farm champions.
2/ people are kittens.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Highlander.9860

Highlander.9860

I play on SoR and never seen anything like what the op states. I often go there to do daily ect and never experienced any sort of rudeness/zone owning ect .

Mabe try another server if this is the case as op has not said what server he/she is on.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

a few … do not ruin a community, those are inevitable, especially on the internet. Block annoying people, report abusive ones. And do whatever you like in the zone, you donĀ“t have to care about their zerg schedule at all. Problem solved.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I really like the current state of Queensdale, it’s a really nice place to do dailies while having a chat, so many other zones seem so dead.

I also don’t think it’s a bad thing if newbies enter their first zone and it is not a ghost town with tumbleweed and all.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

If you had complained about trolling and prepubescent immaturity in Queensdale, I would have to agree with you. However, that was not the stated problem. In what sense do they have a routine that must be followed? Champ is up; kill champ. There’s really is nothing to follow. And, what could they possibly brow-beat you for?

Being rude to those that interrupt their circuit? What exactly is there to interrupt? Again, champ is up or ready to be up, you initiate, you kill champ. The only thing problems I’ve noticed with Queensdale is overflow and that fact that that’s where the pre-teens play. I only go there for SB or to build my block list if I feel it’s getting a bit short.

Two of the champion events in Queensdale can be activated by players; the Champion Boar and the Champion Troll. The farmers always try to coincide these two events with other Champion Events, or naturally spawning champions, in order to maximize their productivity. From what I’ve seen, they try to time it so the events go in order of:

Troll then Bandit => Spider then Boar/Wasp => Oakheart

These three groups can be done in any order, depending on when they were killed, but the farmers try to time their spawns in order to get the group up in that fashion. So it isn’t that they just spawn, it’s that farmers are making it so they spawn when they want. If a player who doesn’t know, or care for that matter, they may end up getting chastised for doing their own thing.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Why do they want to kill these champions at all ? If they want to increase their monthly champs, why not simply go to Maelstrom where there are more champions on a short respawn timer and close from each others.
Unless it has been nerfed or deserted, I haven’t been there for a while.

CrossedHorse.4261

Too much effort, I suspect. If you’re level 80 then it takes a few seconds to kill 6 champions in Queensdale, but makes for much longer in a higher level zone.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

At least there are players on your servers playing low level areas.

CrossedHorse.4261

At least there are players on your servers playing low level areas.

What server are you on? Is it worth changing?

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Queensdale farming is about getting exp I presume. The champ events respawn so often that you can get good exp/karma for running the chains.

OP I think the reason why people may be mad at you is because you started a champ and didn’t bother to notify people in map chat.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

I met a few two days ago….i fast show them the lay of the land when i am online.

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Lambent.6375

Why do they want to kill these champions at all ? If they want to increase their monthly champs, why not simply go to Maelstrom where there are more champions on a short respawn timer and close from each others.
Unless it has been nerfed or deserted, I haven’t been there for a while.

If I use myself as a reference, a large number of people probably don’t know much about these zones, like when events occur, how many you need etc, because when they first got to the zone it was pretty empty.

There was no one there to call events or anything, so I just did the hearts and left.

As for queens dale, I’m there for reasons other than champs, I completed the monthly a while back, I’m slowly leveling my alt there.

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

Stop being a kitten about it and ignore it. You can’t do a thing about it, so just live with it or choose a race that isn’t the boring bland human race. Btw, Queensdale is the most boring zone ever.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Both times I stopped in I saw members of the zerg shouting down, brow-beating, and being needlessly rude to those who did anything to interrupt their circuit.

What do you mean by “interrupting their circuit”? Because the only thing i can think of is giving false event info in chat, which is a troll behaviour and deserves scorn. Starting the events “out of timer” is mostly impossible, because they tend to get started as soon as they are available anyway. Besides, they happen often enough that it doesn’t matter.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

OP you have a problem with people playing the game in your ’’favorite’’ area? Boy do I have some rough news for you about this thing called life….

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

I love “troll up”

“Waypoint?”

“Troll down”

In the space of about 15 seconds. On one hand what does it hurt to go with the flow and not disrupt the chain. On the other who cares what they say in chat. I know I dont. Kill it if you want to. What are they going to do? Phone your mom?

(edited by Slither Shade.4782)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

IoJ’s Queensdale is rather friendly.
Sure you have the groups that run through the champs, but also there’s plenty of folks helping out with Spider Champion and the Bandit Skillpoint.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard our folks gripe about a circuit being broke, now grumping about Troll down before they could get to it or missing Behemoth that’s different.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

any events? wp?

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

IoJ’s Queensdale is rather friendly.
Sure you have the groups that run through the champs, but also there’s plenty of folks helping out with Spider Champion and the Bandit Skillpoint.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard our folks gripe about a circuit being broke, now grumping about Troll down before they could get to it or missing Behemoth that’s different.

Nah, there’s been some harsh words recently. Not so much about a circuit being interfered with but other Champ event-related things. Usually from the same people though.

I’d forgotten about the monthly Champs. I expect things will quiet down again when its all over.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Problem is that as soon as you set foot outside the low level zones, you end up being spammed by ludicrous amounts of crowd control nonsense by mobs.

You hit them with a crowd control skill, they get immunity for a while., We don’t. We can be chain held/stunned/knocked up, down and all over the place by every trash mob we come across.

That’s fine for bosses. It’s nothing but ridiculous for trash mobs to get those sorts of powers. There’s a reason other games don’t do it.

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

It’s anet’s own fault for making Queensdale the easymode zone :p

Go to any of the other starter zones (especially Ashford) and you find the enemies way tougher, events more remote, demanding and longer. When you’re given a daily to kill a mix of champs, veterans, quests or krytan stuff – queensdale is the fastest place to cross off your list by a huge margin.

(Personally I just do a few rounds of sPvP for my daily, but, many if not most are allergic to getting stabbed in the face :p)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast