what time will the patch hit?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eileane.3845

Eileane.3845

thats the old stuff… there should be new ones with the update

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles
Stinky McLane… the only Necro known to have a toothpaste fetish
Lefty (give me a second) Fiddlesticks… one Engineer, two clumbsy hands…

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

You’d think that as this is a halloween patch, and one that has been on twice before (with minor modifications) they would have had at least 12 months to test it prior to today – so the delay really is a bit odd.

Unless they are like my students and decided to wait until last night to build and test it

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

Come to think of it… aren’t we due a weekly BLTC update from our favourite Ebeneezer Charr?

Nope, those usually comes the week when we don’t have patches and I seem to recall that all the Halloween thingies was added last Tuesday.

I could swear they were every week regardless… I also fully expect them to bring back the Halloween themed outfits again (Witch, Thorn, etc.) from previous years, which would be included in a “today” update.

I don’t know if you’ve been on the game, but those outfits have been in the gem store for a week now, as well as a new halloween costume.

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: Villiam.2470

Villiam.2470

Are we there yet?

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

Stay on target…

Eileane.3845

Do you want an Asuran answer to that question?

Boxie Togg (main)… probably Tyrias only Asuran Mesmer that ultimately fails at jumping puzzles

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

Come to think of it… aren’t we due a weekly BLTC update from our favourite Ebeneezer Charr?

Nope, those usually comes the week when we don’t have patches and I seem to recall that all the Halloween thingies was added last Tuesday.

I could swear they were every week regardless… I also fully expect them to bring back the Halloween themed outfits again (Witch, Thorn, etc.) from previous years, which would be included in a “today” update.

I don’t know if you’ve been on the game, but those outfits have been in the gem store for a week now, as well as a new halloween costume.

I have. The raiment I don’t really consider new per se, since it’s a GW1 rehash. (Own it there, cba to buy it again.) The other ones were put back without being announced and are allll the way at the bottom of the Style section for some reason (specifically Executioner and Bloody Prince).

I.e. they’re easily overlooked, which doesn’t seem a logical way to treat stuff you’re putting back in only temporarily.

Posted by: Xander.9024

Xander.9024

Are we there yet?

Don’t make me turn this server around.

Posted by: XyAltAcc.2096

XyAltAcc.2096

Been this way since day one—-time and date based on Pacific Coast time.
This type of thread appears with just about every release. If the OP is a longtime player, he/she should know better, if a new player—Now You Know!!!!

The confusion is most likely because EU players used to be able to play the new patches in a reasonable time at release days (usually 17:00-21:00 CET). And regarding to the ‘If the OP is a longtime player’ part, I’d say a longtime player would expect a patch release earlier than a newcomer.

But I do agree that people shouldn’t be to upset about it. Like it was already mentioned, how about the OCX players. I accept that it is delayed, can’t expect it to run flawless all the time.

Xyros

Lady Elvea.2847

You’d think that as this is a halloween patch, and one that has been on twice before (with minor modifications) they would have had at least 12 months to test it prior to today – so the delay really is a bit odd.

Unless they are like my students and decided to wait until last night to build and test it

Well, I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure LA looked different around this time last year.

I agree though, still working on something on the day of your own deadline seems a bit… off.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I have. The raiment I don’t really consider new per se, since it’s a GW1 rehash. (Own it there, cba to buy it again.) The other ones were put back without being announced and are allll the way at the bottom of the Style section for some reason (specifically Executioner and Bloody Prince).

I.e. they’re easily overlooked, which doesn’t seem a logical way to treat stuff you’re putting back in only temporarily.

That’s really weird, for me all the Halloween costumes are at the absolute top of the style section of the gem store….

Lady Elvea.2847

That’s really weird, for me all the Halloween costumes are at the absolute top of the style section of the gem store….

Even weirder since it doesn’t come with a sorting option so should be the same for all players. Am intrigued now.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Patch will get here when it gets here. Simple as that.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Lady Elvea.2847

I think you meant to say…

“When it’s ready.”

8)

Eileane.3845

I bet they forgot LA is destroyed… and now the content is screwed

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Do you want an Asuran answer to that question?

Only one?

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I think you meant to say…

“When it’s ready.”

8)

Well I was thinking more along the lines of ‘Hawaiian time’…
But, ‘When it’s ready.’ works every bit as well!

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

MAUS HOUS.8047

Even weirder since it doesn’t come with a sorting option so should be the same for all players. Am intrigued now.

The Raiment looks awesome in the GW2 engine tho:) Also I have an advert on the front page of the GW2 gem store showing the skins coming back with new minis! How strange that we’ve all got different experiences with the gem store at the moment :S

Holla. At. Me.

MAUS HOUS.8047

Hope this patch hits before midnight GMT, I’ve gotta get up for college in the morning but I’ll sacrifice a few hours sleep to have a look around the new patch!

Holla. At. Me.

Lady Elvea.2847

The Raiment looks awesome in the GW2 engine tho:) Also I have an advert on the front page of the GW2 gem store showing the skins coming back with new minis! How strange that we’ve all got different experiences with the gem store at the moment :S

I’m sure it looks good, but it’s missing the wings… and like I said I already bought it once so I’m not going to spend money on (what I consider to be) a downgrade of the same thing.

I don’t spend enough time on the BLTC front page to see all the adverts, I tend to be gone before the first one (mini set for me) switches. I stuck around just now to see the advert and it’s there, so I guess my gem shop is just hell bent on hiding things from me?

Seems a bit silly that they’re not also mentioned in the Promotions tab though- temporary stuff like this surely is something you’d want to promote on all available platforms? Usually returning temporary stuff gets put there with a timer and everything.

Posted by: saventis.1485

saventis.1485

wow didnt expect this much of a reply

im just wondering what they actually have to do?
i mean even if the have to re decorate lions arch surely that wouldn’t have taken 4 months, i mean all the rest of the content is copy pasta right?

not complaining just actually wondering

and as for the time thing im in ocianic time zone actually im nz so the beginning of time lol (love calling it that)

your right it donst make much off a difference to us (except today cause im sick at home)
but it does for eu players 1-5 hours (or more) can be the differance between playing a patch one day and not
theres more i could say but its not really going to make much off a differance to those who dont understand (most likely the na players who dont deal with this)

Posted by: Oculus.5703

Oculus.5703

A Patch is never late. Nor is it early. A patch arrives precisely when it means to.

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

For once I wish they would stop trying to be above the rest and do things their way and adopted a more traditional MMO maintenance/patch window of 2h on Tuesdays to release the stuff. It would stop these threads from surfacing every patch.

Also, hello 22nd

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

If its anything like some of the work i’ve done that involves different teams it will be

Festival Developer: we don’t understand why it doesn’t work hardly anything has changed from last year with Halloween

LS Developer: you have been to Lions Arch this year right?

Festival Developer: kitten

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

this gives me time to download rift to my ssd

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

saventis.1485

lol that would be crack up
they need to make like a dev comic book
i reckon itd be crack up with all the stuff iv heard from the points of interest and stuff

Posted by: Jaggedrain.6923

Jaggedrain.6923

No but this is good! It’s 23:20, I just finished the kittening paper (I HATE ALL REPORTERS AND ALSO THE WORLD) and now I have to go to bed, because I have to be up again in a little over four hours.

If the patch had been out, I would have felt compelled to play a bit, and if I had done that I would have died, because tomorrow is of course the one Wednesday this year where I can’t just come home at 1300 and crash into my bed and die, because apparently playdates are a thing? and apparently moms now have to attend them? I don’t kittening know, but I do not approve of things that interfere with my Wednesday naptime routine -_-

TL:DR: omgsohappy the patch isn’t out yet

saventis.1485

… why

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

wow didnt expect this much of a reply

im just wondering what they actually have to do?
i mean even if the have to re decorate lions arch surely that wouldn’t have taken 4 months, i mean all the rest of the content is copy pasta right?

not complaining just actually wondering

and as for the time thing im in ocianic time zone actually im nz so the beginning of time lol (love calling it that)

your right it donst make much off a difference to us (except today cause im sick at home)
but it does for eu players 1-5 hours (or more) can be the differance between playing a patch one day and not
theres more i could say but its not really going to make much off a differance to those who dont understand (most likely the na players who dont deal with this)

More than you might think. I have seen companies do some really bad code rollouts, Anets process is pretty solid, its worth the wait and I appreciate it that they don’t set a time. Means people will do as needed and not rush it just to hit a stated time.

That said, would still love to see the patch notes to pass the time while waiting.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

saventis.1485

well this is a first

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

so one hour ago the patch was in very final states. and now? i guess two months is not enough to prepare everything on time.

Just imagine all those bugs! Again.

Posted by: Jaggedrain.6923

Jaggedrain.6923

well this is a first

I like to sleep and its —-ing late here :p

saventis.1485

That said, would still love to see the patch notes to pass the time while waiting.

agreed,
at least itd tire us over untill the thing hits

Posted by: MFoy.3284

MFoy.3284

If it’s a choice between getting it right or getting it Tuesday… Getting it right is usually less disruptive.

Take your time…we’ll be here

Meanwhile, have you tried Gaile’s Spice Cake? It’s Epic! Gaile, I hope you made enough for everyone

(edited by MFoy.3284)

Posted by: joeyw.9531

joeyw.9531

Too bad for us, european players… Was a time we got updates just after dinner. Now midnight is coming

Lady Elvea.2847

Too bad for us, european players… Was a time we got updates just after dinner. Now midnight is coming

Midnight would actually be a suitable time for a Halloween update.

saventis.1485

you mean wednesday
(ocianic lol)

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

well this is a first

I like to sleep and its —-ing late here :p

Well go to sleep then. Get a good sleep and hit it hard tomorrow.

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

It’s a shame indeed. I’ve spend all day at work and figured I could get some patch in before bed. But its simply an issue you cant fix by moving it. Push it up a few hours and other people might be in the same boat. All we can do is sit and wait. Then buy a literal ton of candy corn to get fat off.

Eileane.3845

the real horror would be the patch never being launched!

(runs away waving hands over head laughing manically)

(edited by Eileane.3845)

Posted by: DaveyC.4398

DaveyC.4398

Its not like its going to be ground breaking though is it? Last years content re released. it would have been nice to see it released in a timely manner considering we have had nothing new for over a month.

Posted by: reMURPed.8127

reMURPed.8127

(runs away waving hands over head laughing manicaly)

cause it doesn’t fit living world season 2? hmmm i think i’ve heard that before.

saventis.1485

It’s a shame indeed. I’ve spend all day at work and figured I could get some patch in before bed. But its simply an issue you cant fix by moving it. Push it up a few hours and other people might be in the same boat. All we can do is sit and wait. Then buy a literal ton of candy corn to get fat off.

are we talkin metric or imperial here

Posted by: Ixillius.5768

Ixillius.5768

An Imperial metric truckloadgrams. AKA valve time triangulated.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

… why

because landsharks load faster on ssd

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: reMURPed.8127

reMURPed.8127

cause it doesn’t fit living world season 2? hmmm i think i’ve heard that before.

where? last year?

i’m talking about #occupySAB2014. that would be hilarious. no SAB, no halloween, no wintersday cause “Tyria is in danger. we should be terrified and not in the mood for celebration. no holidays until we slay Mordremoth!”.

saventis.1485

woa careful, triangulating valve time is like deviding by zero
we could all die!

Lady Elvea.2847

woa careful, triangulating valve time is like deviding by zero
we could all die!

Not if we ask Chuck Norris to do it.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I, for one, welcome our overdue overlords.

Eileane.3845

where? last year?

i’m talking about #occupySAB2014. that would be hilarious. no SAB, no halloween, no wintersday cause “Tyria is in danger. we should be terrified and not in the mood for celebration. no holidays until we slay Mordremoth!”.

don`t jinx it!