why is there only 9 dungeons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Klarenot.9827

Klarenot.9827

why is there only 9 dungeons? Is the main focus on dinamic events?

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

I feel 9 is good enough for now. Why does GW2 need to have more like those other MMOs? GW2 is not those other MMOs.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

9 dungeons, but each has multiple paths. And Fractals of course has levels.

Yes, the focus on the game is more on open world than dungeons.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Because the main PvE focus of this game is open world PvE, not dungeons.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

7 dungeons with 4 paths, 1 dungeon with 5 paths, fractals with 50 levels.

That’s effectively 83 dungeon paths for you to experience.

I don’t think gw2 really needs any more dungeons at this time – and I don’t think any more will be released for the base game itself.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I don’t think gw2 really needs any more dungeons at this time – and I don’t think any more will be released for the base game itself.

The way fractals work calling them levels is inaccurate. Its closer to say it has many difficulty levels.
Id say fractals has about 3 dungeons worth of content.
Paths sometimes is like a whole new dungeln other times like a small variation.

Regardless id say it probably feels like it has 15-20 dungeons. Which would be a lot but most of them been done to death in 3 years.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Some of us have done the 33 paths countless times (at least some of them) and even 50 levels of fractals can get stale after a while. So, yeah, I’d like to see more challenging, instanced content.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

You’re acting as if the different fractal levels were different dungeons…

There are 14 different fractals in the pool. Not 50.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Tons of the paths have SO much overlap that you are exaggerating a lot. CoE for example are all the same paths just with 1 boss changed lol

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Tons of the paths have SO much overlap that you are exaggerating a lot. CoE for example are all the same paths just with 1 boss changed lol

COE is a lot more than one boss changed. There are are different bosses and mechanics beside the main boss in different paths of COE. But yes, you can’t call each path of a dungeon a fully new dungeon either.

However, dungeons like CE and COF do have very different paths as well. You chose one illustration to try to prove a point, but ignored others that really do operate very differently.

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I feel 9 is good enough for now. Why does GW2 need to have more like those other MMOs? GW2 is not those other MMOs.

This argument is so wrong on so many levels, I don’t even want to get started why.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

COE is a lot more than one boss changed. There are are different bosses and mechanics beside the main boss in different paths of COE. But yes, you can’t call each path of a dungeon a fully new dungeon either.

However, dungeons like CE and COF do have very different paths as well. You chose one illustration to try to prove a point, but ignored others that really do operate very differently.

Paths 2 & 3 are the same for CoE besides the husk and destroyer bosses. The subject slpha boss is literally the exact same encounter in all 3 paths. Everything up until husk/destroyer in paths 2 & 3 are the exact same things…. path 1 has barely anything different besides the security console and bjarl, other than that it’s the same subject alpha boss like in the other two paths.

That’s a LOT of overlap.

Some of the dungeons like Arah, SE, and CoF have much less overlap and the paths vary way more, but then there are some like CoE which have barely anything different in them at all.

This is what I pointed out. It makes the situation look way better in Anet’s favor if you say we have over 80 different dungeons to do but so many of the paths run through the same segments of the map, some of the paths have copy/paste boss mechanics and in the case of CoE, have the exact same boss in all 3 paths. Lupicus is another example of that, though in his defense he has much more interesting mechanics than 99% of the bosses in the game.