250 HP For Elites [Feedback][Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

No.

/15charsblabla

Thanks for your waste of space post. Don’t bother next time.

Its okay to have that opinion. Its okay to not agree with theirs, too.
Being a kitten about it makes you look like a arrogant turdcutter.

Enjoy your salt.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Yeah I’m with the No crowd, having 12 characters grinding HP is going to get really old, really quickly. I got all 400 on my main and it was fun, but by kittens I do not think I have it in me to do it again 11 times.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Yeah, they should just remove all rewards from everything, because rewards aren’t satisfying at all. Rewards/achievements aren’t satisfying at all. We should just start with everything unlocked. Would not ruin the game at all… I said the satisfaction of seeking them out was gone, not that the game-play wasn’t fun.

That would be awesome, just saying. A boost to overall difficulty would be a nice thing to pair with it.

Make sure everyone has everything that will effect them stat wise, and give challenges that are all specifically tuned based on that, rather than having your balance ruined by some people having better gear than others/ more abilities than others making it either too easy or too difficult depending on those factors.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Given how we got to 250 HP in the first place, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect ArenaNet to revert the change, even a little.

Whatever the merits of a higher HP requirement may be would be obscured by the immense problems lowering it then subsequently raising it would cause.

No harm in asking, but the odds of the reduction being reverted by even a single point are astronomically low.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Pharazon.3095

Pharazon.3095

Should the game be designed around those who have 100% map completion or around those who don’t? I think it’s wise of them to make changes to the system so it doesn’t seem so overwhelming for those new players. Most new players are going through the zones just to get the XP, they don’t bother with map completion, they want to get to the “end-game” zone.

It’s always a balance and a tricky one as well. If you as a seasoned player needs to do some HP challenges but not all, while those new to the game has to do a few more but not all, then the balance is in my opinion upheld.

Imagine if the balance of the jungle’s difficulty should be based upon 2-3 years of playing and accumulating gear in old Tyria content, then they’d have to make everything more or less a raid difficulty, demolishing it for new players. Guild wars 2 need new players to keep the game fresh. Seasoned players have the advantage of their seasoned play through gear, skills and other assortments.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Only 1 of my 8 characters has 100% map completion because I paid my wife to complete it for me.

LULWUT?

/15lulz

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: TheUnknownw.4293

TheUnknownw.4293

Everyone complaining about 400 being too much. Tell you what, i was happy with 400. I felt i was going for something, not just click and boom everything is done. I was woking towards something.
Stop nerfing stuff because average low skilled players can not do it. Really, if you wanna do something endgame, you should work for it, and i dont mean grind, i mean you have to get good and do stuff which requires skill.
All devs should understand that there are a lot more of negative posts because every player who can not do something because he is incapable of doing it and doesnt want to learn to do it will come and complain to get stuff “for free”/easy way. Players that are having a good time and are working towards hard content and so on dont have time to come and complain, they stay in game and play, they get better and they manage to do what they want.

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

A lot of people expressed they hated how many hp’s where required, and anet is changing it. 250 is better, altough i still insist that such a big grind for essential gameplay elements (skills, traits, etc) is absurd.
Grind like that is to be reserved for non-essential things, like skins, legendaries, fancy guild hall stuff.

Anyway, anet is following what a lot of people told them and now it’s just a vocal minority who is trying to stop this change.

Posted by: Rukiichan.4315

Rukiichan.4315

You can still find and unlock the hero points, they aren’t gone from the game.

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I have 3 of 9 (8 80s) characters with 100% map completion, I was 100 points from full Tempest when I logged off, I logged back in and my Tempest Loop was waiting for me along with a refund of hero points. All this means is I can run my Tempest through the last map of the expansion, try to be rational, Anet are never going to change back to 400.

It’s as if you think elite specs are ELITE and only you are wise enough to wield such awesome power. This is an MMO and as such caters to the masses. Just like GW2 vanilla you’ll have surplus hero points but this expac is about Masteries so go get a big number next to your name and try to enjoy yourself.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Uther Lightbringer.5718

Uther Lightbringer.5718

I was able to play the core game and gradually unlock all my core skills doing stuff I enjoyed doing. Now with the HP system I am forced into hunting down content that I have no interest in just to unlock game mechanics that should have never been locked behind specific content.

Only 1 of my 8 characters has 100% map completion because I paid my wife to complete it for me. 400 HP for me is an insufferable grind. 250 points seems like a reasonable compromise, I will still have to work for it but at least I get to enjoy the new specs before I get tired of playing the xpac.

The game has plenty of progression in the game with masteries, legendaries, and fractals. The elite spec does not need to be a long term goal.

Hah- funny!
I do the same with my Wife!

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

250 is easy for characters created 2-3 years ago, but still hard for the new players. So its a good middle ground. Also the left overs will be used in next Elite spec.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So you are jot a special snowflake anymore? This is only a good thing. People who want them can now go and get them. This has made no difference to me at all. I gave berserk a go. Didn’t like it, just like I knew I wouldn’t. Went back to my old build that I was having fun with.

Reducing the points needed by 150 seems to have made a lot of people happy. ANet as a company need.to.keep people playing there game. If the majority are unhappy you need to make them happy.

People seem to forget ANet makes there money from the Gem store. For the gem store to be profitable two things need to happen. One there needs to be things people want to buy. Two, you need people playing to look at the Gem store. Otherwise you make no money.

Going by the forum, and in game chat, the feeling I get personally is that HoT is not he hit ANet or the players wanted it to be.

Masteries are my personal gripe. I don’t like having to level them to keep going with the story. It’s the same problem that we had with the core game before the NPE. Where you would have this sense of urgency that you need to get somewhere, but you’d have to run off and do 5 levels before you could continue. It brakes the flow of the story.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Everyone complaining about 400 being too much. Tell you what, i was happy with 400. I felt i was going for something, not just click and boom everything is done. I was woking towards something.
Stop nerfing stuff because average low skilled players can not do it. Really, if you wanna do something endgame, you should work for it, and i dont mean grind, i mean you have to get good and do stuff which requires skill.
All devs should understand that there are a lot more of negative posts because every player who can not do something because he is incapable of doing it and doesnt want to learn to do it will come and complain to get stuff “for free”/easy way. Players that are having a good time and are working towards hard content and so on dont have time to come and complain, they stay in game and play, they get better and they manage to do what they want.

Not wanting to complete the entire expansion playing our old core classes when we paid for new ones has nothing to do with skill it’s about fun. This will sound off to you I’m sure but you’re whining about skill points here.

Anet have metrics on everything done in game and are keenly aware of what is said about HoT outside of their game and this change is a result of players not enjoying a 4 day old expansion. I don’t care if I have left over HP I wanted to play the new classes on the new maps.

As for skill, any time, anywhere.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Questular.8359

Questular.8359

What has grinding xp to get your mastery set for a certain hero point to do with skill?
Has to do with the time you are willing to put into this pve grind fest, nothing with skill/

Necro KALE guild
FSP Server.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Speaking as someone who also has several alts that aren’t even close to unlocking the specialization yet, I have to say I’m glad for the change. I would have dealt with the 400 HP without much complaint but it’s much more fun this way. Heck I would have been happy with 300.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: ZAKU.8659

ZAKU.8659

Thank you Anet you win my heart XD

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

250 Hero Points is way too easy.

Disagree. And I am someone who is not even planning to play my Elite on my main yet if at all. But I see the point of those that hated the original approach. This change does not impact your ability to do Hero challenges. You can still do them just for fun – if you have all the points needed for the unlocks.

Long Version:
1. Not everyone has done 100% map completion.
2. People who only like WvW or PVP should not feel forced to do lots of PVE to try and max out an elite spec.
3. People who had planned to use the Elite Spec to play through the new maps can now do so. They still need to get points in the Jungle. But do not have to worry that they will not have an effective Elite Spekittenil the of completing the content.
4. Arenanet was not clear about the requirements needed to unlock the Elite Spec. Before or even during Beta, they should have told people a) that it would not be unlocked right away and b) about the 400 point requirement and things that would need to happen to achieve that.
5. This has been a marketing and PR disaster that can hurt their revenue in the short and long run. People who stated that they were excited about HOT and the Elite Spec became extremely frustrated/disappointed when they saw the 400 point requirement. This type of anger undermines the GW2 brand and reduces customer loyalty that sometimes cannot be regained. Changing it to a manageable 250 is the right Marketing move to try to restore goodwill.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Even though I feel a tad cheated after getting ~75% of my elite spec done, I think this is a good compromise after I have experienced the hell that is Tangled Depths.

Something to keep in mind though, you’ll still need to get those hero points as you will need them to craft the new legendaries!

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

250 points is far better. It rewards whoever explored the old zones with a faster access into elite specializations without making them farm the new zones for hero points while disregarding anything else.
At least people can properly explore the areas without having to search any doable hero challenge (doable cause even in the first map some are mastery gated) now.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

I’d be all for it being optional and locked in choice per character via an NPC at the first map, maybe give you a title on full spec completion to display you did it the “hard way” or whatever. Similar to hard mode in GW. Maybe even a shiny or epic title if you did this multiple times.

The only condition I would have is Anet keeping a record of the percentage of players who chose this harder method to freely display on the forum at a later date.

Pretty sure the results would be an eye opener to many players, more so among the players who dislike this change.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

Big thank you Anet

Posted by: creeptheprophet.8657

creeptheprophet.8657

Please leave the changes alone.

This is not an argument of skill, it’s the standard argument of Mains vs Alts.

The people who have one main they are running through the content won’t have to do this anywhere from 2-30 some times in some cases.

The casual folks who purchased this game for the well advertised CASUAL gameplay are not inclined to grind through the same content in a rushed fashion on the army of alts they’ve enjoyed playing for the last 3 years.

This is a game with a LOT of fun classes. There is no reason to be forced to choose to play only ONE class due to time restraints. Not to mention the fact that the skill gating was NOT clearly communicated from the get go.

From ArenaNet: "Between the betas and lack of unlock info, we didn’t do a great job properly aligning expectations on how your elite specialization is earned. " by Colin Johanson

Also: “This should also help players with lots of alts try out more of the elite specializations.”

The rampant alt-aholism of GW2 is also the reason that you can enjoy ascended items on an account wide basis as opposed to having to unlock them on EACH character as you had to when they were first released.

This is simply a matter of giving players a chance to play the game in any manner they choose with their army of alts. Not feel frustrated at an uphill grind on EACH character.

Casual players enjoy playing on whatever class they choose to play on at any time. They enjoy playing in small groups or solo, and they DON’T enjoy unreasonable grinds or GATED SKILLS. Seriously, other games have tried this and have removed it several times over. Rift had souls locked behind dungeons at launch, now you get all of them (besides the ones you pay for) when you log in. Also if you PAY for the paid skills you get them instantly. NOT after a 400 Hero Point grind.

I’m pretty sure that a lot of people paid for the expansion for the Elite Skills NOT for the opportunity to use ‘bouncing mushrooms.’

Thanks to this change I am more than willing to invest more in this game as ArenaNet seems to be the ONLY game developers at the moment willing to listen to an outcry by casual players as opposed to capitulating to the hard core minority.

As a parting note, let’s all be honest with one another. While there are a lot of people willing to SAY they want things difficult, they’re also the first people that jump on the champion train, follow the zerg tag, bunch up for buffs, and try to even get the elite loot in any manner that proves to be the path of less resistance. Which probably explains the “I did it in 3 hours” people.

So NO, please leave the specializations alone.

Noli Timere Messorem

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

What happened to elite specializations as a form of character progression?

Actually, the masteries have been advertised as such and are still available to grind out by “playing” the content.

However, as far as specializations go: When looking at the core game, you didn’t have to complete a single hero point in order to get all your specializations unlocked, being level 80 was enough. As a matter of fact this was also implemented/changed based on player-feedback when the new trait-system got introduced.

Guild Wars (I’m including both games here) has a long history of letting you enjoy the content with your characters abilities available instead of playing through the content in order to get those abilities (and then what?). To put it plainly: Personally, I highly value being able to play the content WITH my elite spec, not playing through the content to have it after I’m done.

While I have completed my mains elite spec back when it was still 400 points (and have no regrets), I’m overjoyed that I won’t have to grind that many hero challenges for my remaining 8 characters. 250 points is just fine.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Putting it at 250 is still too high.

For most of us, the characters we want to try something different on are our worst ones. That means they are the least likely to have world completion and would have to get points in VB. Most of those would have a rough time just in the SW and starting the story to open the gate.

My line in the sand is still 100 points.

Posted by: Sera.2146

Sera.2146

Definitely happy with the change. 400 points was too much of a grind, especially when you have several other characters to replay it with just to get their elites.

Posted by: Tashi.3652

Tashi.3652

I’m very happy with the change!
What a lot of you might forget is, that there are still new Players out there, with small characters. Or even veterans want to create a new char from time to time.
You have to unlock ALL other Specs with your hero Points, before you can even start the Elite. So there’s no saving your Points only for the elite!
World Completition is a big Goal for casual Players, who can only Play 1-2 Hours a day.
250 Points is just fine! Thx ANet.

Posted by: Vesenya.4239

Vesenya.4239

Thanks you so much Anet!!
250 is just perfect. 400 like many people noticed was grind xp fest…
With my short time during day for playing, it would be impossible to unlock all spec on all my alts before summer…
And now I ll be able to get slowly mastery levels and check out jungle on my spec character

Huge thanks for listening us!! <3

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

Just because A-net slapped a title ‘Elite’ on it, doesn’t make it more powerfull or rare. Stop making it some special thing. Its just different, a diversification of the game.
And that is awesome!

Locking it behind 400points of HP was arbitrary and way off the point and totally unnecesary. Lack of testing, seriously underestimating time required or something else on A-net resulted in them having to backpedal and reduce the number.
250 is still rather steep for for what is essentially a 33% expansion of a profession, where 66% remains the same. Still, this will make it more realistic to achieve this for a couple of my alts.

(edited by Faab.8049)

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

250 is still a huge amount for every character not doing it in easy mode.

What many elitists fail to realise is doing it say of peak for new players who don’t have a wave of meta geared and specced characters pushing through the zone is going to require colossally more effort than they faced.

Doing it with the first wave, especially with previous map completes makes it easy mode.

You can’t let the ‘easymode elite’, who will trivialise nearly all content, block new players and alt players from features like class functionality. I say that as someone who’s played at the mmo elite end for nearly 2 decades.

Denying a huge amount of the playerbase access to their class mechanics is very dangerous for the health of the game which requires all groups be catered to, not only the elite.

The elite have plenty of goals with legendäres raids coming etc.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

this is a bad thing for the ones who grinded the way to 100% elite before the patch, because for the ones that did…. the feeling of accomplishment, and working towards a goal, a reward, yeah…. that feeling was robbed from us. so we went through that painful grind for nothing…. -.-

translation: You are mad that you missed the first week of Halloween content. No, you people close to/at 400 were not ‘robbed’ of anything as the points are still there. Just more people are close to/at what they need now. The fact that you got around 200 points so fast pretty much shows it was not hard for you.

If it makes you feel better it is still hard for us alt-o-holics. Especially for our thieves and any other character we consider weak.

The term ‘elite specs’ is just a marketing term. They have been promoting them since day 1. There was every implication of them representing leveling our characters to 80, hence ‘elite’ compared to characters not there yet. Possibly with some reasonable gating.

As I said, 100 is what I consider reasonable. No, 214 is not ‘world completion’ for people who did not do it awhile back, 179 is.

I still maintain that 250 is insane for altoholics and revenants, both of which will need more jungle points than the average bear. Not to mention altoholics having ‘classic’ classes we would not want to use in the jungle (so we usually even have ones we do not like).

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Can only laugh at those people thinking that lowering the skillpoints have something to do with anet giving in to those ‘Non Skilled Players’.
The ‘Elite Spec’ isnt elite in anyway, and you will still have to farm/play/grind to unlock the new spec collection stuff and more.
Open world have nothing to do with skill or anything, its only time consuming.
Raids are where you proabably will have to test your skills, or maybe even better go play pvp.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

How much more are ArenaNet going to nerf? How much will they destroy their new expansion, and how much will they ruin for the future of Guild wars 2.
A few people on the forum and reddit is all it takes for them to change their minds. 400 HP for an elite specialization was good and nice progression as end game content. Now they decreased to 250. That’s not the only nerf though. They also made nerfs to the mastery system and story. Now you can progress without some of the masteries.

ArenaNet have to stop doing this to their game. They have to stop listening to some players that brings the game down. If HoT was casual content only and not end game, then I would have understood. HoT is end game though, it’s beyond lvl 80 and it needs good and rewarding progression. Without end game progression Guild Wars 2 will have no future and it will be nothing more than a shallow human being filled with botox.

#StopNerfing #NerfWars2

Posted by: Faab.8049

Faab.8049

How much more are ArenaNet going to nerf? How much will they destroy their new expansion, and how much will they ruin for the future of Guild wars 2.
A few people on the forum and reddit is all it takes for them to change their minds. 400 HP for an elite specialization was good and nice progression as end game content. Now they decreased to 250. That’s not the only nerf though. They also made nerfs to the mastery system and story. Now you can progress without some of the masteries.

ArenaNet have to stop doing this to their game. They have to stop listening to some players that brings the game down. If HoT was casual content only and not end game, then I would have understood. HoT is end game though, it’s beyond lvl 80 and it needs good and rewarding progression. Without end game progression Guild Wars 2 will have no future and it will be nothing more than a shallow human being filled with botox.

#StopNerfing #NerfWars2

Nerfing usually refers to gameplay mechanics that are too overpowering or imbalanced and need to be tuned to restore it to a more balanced state.

In the case of the HP the balance relied too heavily on investing a lot of time, more than the casual player (by my estimate, ~1h on average per day agmeplay, which might even be high) could, and would realistically invest before quitting. It goes against the design principle of GW2 (see bottom of post).
So A-net balanced the number to a level where it is still (too) high, but better achievable over multiple characters.

You are worried that A-net removed all end-game content, but that is where you make a crucial mistake. A proffession specialisation (wheter it is core or ‘elite’) is an integral part of the gameplay. It does not need to locked behind time investment, or ‘preparing to have fun’. its should be as readily available as all the other specialisations.

Masteries are your end-game content. Something to work towards, spend time on achieving. Gaining avantages that only by spending a lot of time on will unlock. There are Hot MAsteries to attain, Tyria Masteries to attain and a whole load of new achievement to unlock. THAT is the end-game content in terms of GW2.

Proffessions are the means to achieve those achievements, and should be relatively easily achieved so that you can ‘have fun’ while having fun playing.
If you don’t believe me, read the GW2 manifesto again, and pay attention to the paragraph below:

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs. It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill; it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun rather than just having fun

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto/

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

A simple fact that seems to escape the indignant folks on the forum is that 400 Hero Points isn’t challenging. It’s boring.

It’s the equivalent of the tired industry standard of taking a mob, giving it a different color, slapping some extra zeroes to its HP (hit points, not hero points, ironic that they share the same abbreviation), maybe giving it a new attack, and calling that a challenge. It’s the ham-fisted way of making content last longer than it has any right to be.

I would have preferred seeing elite specs locked behind an instanced event that was designed specifically to challenge their respective professions, but that’s not going to happen for HoT. Maybe we’ll see better in the next expansion.

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

I made it through page 2 before I couldn’t handle anymore of the “I’m a casual player and I DID IT” nonsense.

Sure, “casual”, isn’t really a specific quantification or qualification but I think this attitude is far more toxic than “I bought the game and I think I deserve to be able to play it”.

If you get a sense of accomplishment from having some pixels on screen that other people don’t then you should probably go farm up all the legendary equipment. Elite Specs are a game play mechanic, not a badge of honor for you to wear about and tout what a totally awesome player you are and how superior to all the “casuals” you are.

If you acquired 200-400 new HP in less than a week you are not a casual player! Casual players typically spend somewhere near 10hrs of game play per week (less for me). I’m a casual player with 8 total characters. 1 has 100% map completion and all are lvl 80 (except the Revenant I just made). I’ve been playing GuildWars 1 since beta, played GW2 in New York before release. I still don’t have a legendary, I still don’t have ascended weapons, I still haven’t maxed out crafting, I haven’t gone into the double digits of fractal depths, I haven’t unlocked every dungeon piece of equipment. I’m a casual player. In all this time that HoT has been out I’ve managed to unlock my Reaper to use shroud, and basic gliding.

I complained about the elite spec lockout because it felt like all these other GIANT time sinks already in the game. Something for a casual player to maybe do one day. Even at 250 it is probably not something I’ll accomplish this year. I simply do not have the time to invest in doing it faster than that. Not that I mind a year long goal. Simply putting into perspective what 400HP translated to for me, a casual player.

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

I used to hate this expansion and its maps before unlocking my Elite Specialization. I was very curious to try it out that I was rushing the content, getting angry at every death or when I couldn’t find my way to hard to find areas. I wass getting very frustrated and was about to give up. Now that I unlocked my Elite, I’m enjoying the expansion a lot more because I don’t feel hard pressed to do stuff, and I can have fun at my leisure. Also, I get to experience the expansion with a new spec and trying out new things and I’m actually having fun instead of “working to have fun later”. I’m exploring the map, playing the story, the events and unlocking the remaining HPs. I think lowering the total amount of points needed was the right move.

I just have one gripe. New maps are meant to be played like Silverwastes, where you have one big meta event all across the map that requires multiple players to actively participate. The new HPs also require multiple people to beat them. In the future, you’ll find a lot of player doing the events, having unlocked their HPs already, so there won’t be anyone willing to clear the Hps since their presence is required elsewhere.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Only 1 of my 8 characters has 100% map completion because I paid my wife to complete it for me.

LULWUT?

/15lulz

You read that right. 15g and she got to keep everything that drop from kills and chests. She enjoys running around maps searching for POIs,Vistas, and doing Hearts (ugh gag). She unlocked all my cities and 5 mid level zones. She dropped her first pre on my account. Well worth the price. I’m not particularly fond of crafting legendaries either so I let her keep it.

Even at 250 it will take me months to unlock an elite on any of my alts cause chasing HPs is not something I particularly enjoy doing.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

#StopNerfing #NerfWars2

If the time it takes to fill that bar is what is important to you, I could show you a bunch of Korean MMOs that take forever to do that.

Anet have made it so you don’t need to spend as much time filling those bars to actually get to other parts that are important, like the specialisation and the story. The difficulty on those maps haven’t changed and if they never do, once people are done with that content no one will be able to do it alone.

There is the same amount of content as there was before the change, the time taken to do it has been shortened to allow you to actually have fun and get to the parts of the game that are exciting. Something they said in their manifesto all those years ago.

If you feel this is such a huge nerf, then you might want to think about how much content is really in this expansion, if it’s that big a deal maybe there just wasn’t enough content to begin with, maybe they needed to put time gates for a reason?

Posted by: joric.1042

joric.1042

Guild Wars 2 has been a casual-friendly game since launch, and now all of a sudden the hardcore element wants to make it hardcore friendly which is ludicrous to me. If you want hardcore there are many great games out there that support that play style. If you’re afraid that they will nerf raids if people complain I don’t think that will happen. People don’t want stuff handed to them. People still have to work for their elite specialization. Its like some people are against reasonable adjustments, the mindset “If I had to do it that way, everyone has to do it that way.” Such a selfish and silly outlook.

Jorik Nightcloud
Beige(NUDE)
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

So I was playing my friends HOT account and I really enjoyed it. 250 is perfect I felt like I was rewarded every time I earn a hero point. That being said, I am still not going to buy HOT until they fix the thief class. Thief class is very squishy and weak compared to others.

Posted by: Medicarejunkie.6032

Medicarejunkie.6032

On behalf of most altoholics, thank you.

I dreaded to farm HP for most of 9 elite specializations. 250 seems doable. Hardcore content is in the raids and fractals. I dont see how making Elite Specs easier to attain curtails or takes away from the endgame experience.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

A good change because a new alt can now do a mix of old and new hero points to get the elite spec.

Posted by: kankanKk.2748

kankanKk.2748

I agree reduce to 250hp, but why nerf the hp difficulty.
Most of the hp become veteran, a party can zerg around the map.
Where is the challenging endgame content???

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Yes, it should be one or the other… maybe it is scaling?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

Hindsight is great, but maybe a better idea would have been to “frontload” all of the talents and utilities into the first 200 points you earned, then left the final 200 points for the advanced options, like unlocking the runes and cosmetics and maybe the elite skill. That way you would have had your functional spec to play with almost instantly if you had devoted time to the game pre-HoT launch, then have something nice to work for for the rest of your time in the jungle, and still be able to quickly catch up if you boosted to 80. Still this is a better change for those with alts or those most hyped about the elite specs.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

I haven’t been to a HP since patch due to only having 15 mins free before work.

Did all the champs get nerfed of just scaled? (scaling would be better imo, so they can be done without waiting for others. I had to wait around to often already cause no one was nearby).

But big +1 for the reduced cost. I actually feel like going an getting the elite specs on any of my characters now ( even more so if I don’t have to rely on others being around to get the new hot hp’s).

edit: Also they weren’t exactly challenging before, just needed someone to kite aggro while 1+ drops dps. tedium <> challenge (bit like the revamped fotm, but that’s a post for another thread).

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

Posted by: LegallyBinding.4937

LegallyBinding.4937

Thank you. I really like this change. Such a core part of the expansion should not be balanced around the part of the population that can play all day. Some of us working folks want to be able to access our elites too.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

This was exactly what was needed, thanks for listening.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Supertramp.5430

Supertramp.5430

This change was kinda annoying to me, considering I already had around 250 hero points on my mesmer before the launch of the expansion. I loved the challenge of the hp’s and the feeling of actually progressing for each point I did. It was lovely fun. The fact that they changed it kinda takes away that feeling of progression. I don’t want things to be given to me, it’s kittening boring. Now that I jump on to my necromancer alt I will basically already have all of the points necessary to open up the whole specialization without even touching the HoT maps… How stupid isn’t that?

I would’ve been fine with it if no one got any hero poins as head start for their specialization. That way it would seem reasonable with 250 for the specialization. Maybe if everyone who had a level 80 character with maxed out specializations had 0 hero points left to spend, and that way they’d have to get all of the 250 hp’s in the HoT maps.