4/9 revealed, no repetition of elite weap

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

They never said that weapon repetition is on or off the table.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

And it was really strong evidence that elementalist should get sword aswell we got to see weapon skills for it, we all know what happen to that.

And we thought some class would get land spears aswell we saw that in a video moving picture alot stronger evidence then a still picture aint it.

What is it thiefs lack a 1200 range weapon and 2h melee one so both are up for grabs.

Edit
In the article I linked they said on prof would get hammer, how funny would it be if thats the thief and he get flying turrets as his skills

We saw sword skills that were obviously very place-holder and mutable since many of the skills were copies of ele dagger skills. What we have for thief and revenant are actual finished art assets. Art assets are much more set in stone than WIP skills. The data-mined shield is a crystalline dragon wing, the art for the Revenant elite spec features Glint (a crystal dragon), ergo Revenant is getting Shield. The ascended staff matches the staff depicted in the thief elite spec artwork (you can even see the little ring in the side of the staff that the ribbons are tried around!) and it IS thief art because of the color theming, thus thief is getting staff.

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

Personally I’d love Thief to be getting Rifles. Only 2 professions can utilize rifles and unfortunately it’s really lackluster on Warriors. If they ain’t going to be getting rifles, it’ll be one of the least equipable weapon in the game (along with shortbow).

I wouldn’t mind Thief got staffs IF ONLY a good majority of the staff skins can be fitting. Imagine a Thief wielding the Wintersday Staff or Final Rest, it just feels very out of place for an “acrobatic” themed melee weapon. In terms of visuals, all the currently revealed elite spec weapons can fit with their existing designs.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think the Kübler-Ross model can be applied to some degree here.

Stage 1: Denial “That’s not a staff. It could easily be a rifle or a musket”

Stage 2: Anger “If thief gets this, I’m not @£#!$% buying HoT!!!”

Stage 3: Bargaining “[Suggestion] Thief Rifle skills – Look, how about including some skills that I think are super cool like…”

Stage 4: Depression “It’s going to be a sad day if Thief gets staff, I don’t feel like playing at the moment”

Stage 5: Acceptance “Hey, looks like we’re getting staff. I would have preferred rifle, but let’s see how it goes at the reveal.”

You gotta decide which stages some of you are at. Also, feel free to repost this, editing it for the Pro-Staff crowd instead of the Pro-Rifle crowd. And I still think we could end up with anything, I’m not saying it’s definitely staff, just looking towards that way!!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

But your not the only thing that have been presented to us is the announcement trailer and there we see, what I have stated hammer wielder probabely engineer staff wielder ranger

And a rifle medium armor guy most likely thief.

As i have said before, the guy with the rifle is very likely not an elite spec teaser. Why do i say so? let me repeat what i wrote earlier:

The guy with the rifle is an off focus random dude amongst 2 other npcs, the focus in that shot goes from the sylvari (in heavy armor with shield/sword) to that dragon thing. Now look at every single other spec teaser in that trailer. All of them are the main focus and show of their weapon in action. None of them are off focus amongst other random dudes.

Is thief rifle a possibility? sure anything is, since nothing is announced yet. However the announcement trailer does not present any proof, it’s not evidence of anything, unlike it was for mesmer /engi/ranger who all got their time in the spotlight.

What we do have is recent datamining whih has alrdy shown to be parts correct (the ele eite spec picture that was datamined and the warhorn) that is actual evidence. Does it make it fact? no it doesnt. But treating an off-focus npc in that trailer as evidence of anything other than a medium guy with a rifle (like , lets say engi) is kinda stretching it.

No one is claiming anything as fact, people are just speculating based on things that were found/datamined. And nothing of it all points to rifle. That’s why people are coming across as being sure its staff (even tho they’re stil not stating it as fact) because off all the things found the only evidence that ahs been found has pointed to staff.

But sure, it could be rifle, then again it could be any weapon, nothings officially announced yet, and i’m sensing you don’t really care about anything otehr than keeping the argument going even if it means grasping evey last straw out there.

Have fun with that i’m jsut going to wait and see what the thief will be getting, no point arguing about it since at this point in time its prolly alrd set in stone, whatever weapon it is.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Stage 3: Bargaining “[Suggestion] Thief Rifle skills – Look, how about including some skills that I think are super cool like…”

Stage 4: Depression “It’s going to be a sad day if Thief gets staff, I don’t feel like playing at the moment”

Stage 5: Acceptance “Hey, looks like we’re getting staff. I would have preferred rifle, but let’s see how it goes at the reveal.”

And then you’ll get the reveal, and you’ll see all your suspicions and worries fully validated (just as it happened with ele warhorn).

Also, remember that the model you brought up has some very specific use – namely, there’s a unsaid assumption that you have to come to peace with the situation eventually, and that doing it is a positive thing. In GW2, you can always simply quit if you decide the game is changing in a ways that are not pleasing to you. And the acceptance of introduced changes does not have to be a good thing at all (because the changes aren’t always that good themselves).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

But your not the only thing that have been presented to us is the announcement trailer and there we see, what I have stated hammer wielder probabely engineer staff wielder ranger

And a rifle medium armor guy most likely thief.

As i have said before, the guy with the rifle is very likely not an elite spec teaser. Why do i say so? let me repeat what i wrote earlier:

The guy with the rifle is an off focus random dude amongst 2 other npcs, the focus in that shot goes from the sylvari (in heavy armor with shield/sword) to that dragon thing. Now look at every single other spec teaser in that trailer. All of them are the main focus and show of their weapon in action. None of them are off focus amongst other random dudes.

Is thief rifle a possibility? sure anything is, since nothing is announced yet. However the announcement trailer does not present any proof, it’s not evidence of anything, unlike it was for mesmer /engi/ranger who all got their time in the spotlight.

What we do have is recent datamining whih has alrdy shown to be parts correct (the ele eite spec picture that was datamined and the warhorn) that is actual evidence. Does it make it fact? no it doesnt. But treating an off-focus npc in that trailer as evidence of anything other than a medium guy with a rifle (like , lets say engi) is kinda stretching it.

No one is claiming anything as fact, people are just speculating based on things that were found/datamined. And nothing of it all points to rifle. That’s why people are coming across as being sure its staff (even tho they’re stil not stating it as fact) because off all the things found the only evidence that ahs been found has pointed to staff.

But sure, it could be rifle, then again it could be any weapon, nothings officially announced yet, and i’m sensing you don’t really care about anything otehr than keeping the argument going even if it means grasping evey last straw out there.

Have fun with that i’m jsut going to wait and see what the thief will be getting, no point arguing about it since at this point in time its prolly alrd set in stone, whatever weapon it is.

Man you really get me mate, I like straws even if I stand them since I would sneeze my lungs out.

Posted by: Valkyrie.1794

Valkyrie.1794

http://i.imgur.com/xA8qvVk.png
http://i.imgur.com/96W2uJ4.jpg

The same staff that the new thief specialization back drop (datamined) is holding is in the files as an Ascended weapon, similarly to all the other elite specialization weapons thus far datamined.

Why fight it?

D: Whats that flower on your arm? Need that skin

The flower on her wrist is part of the TA medium armor glove skin. feels special for knowing something for once

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I personally think this will be the final specs:

Ranger – staff
Thief – staff
Ele – warhorn
Warrior – torch
Mesmer – shield
Revenant – shield
Engineer – hammer
Guardian – longbow
Necromancer – greatsword

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

And why would they? Feeding somebody’s OCD craving for symmetry that doesn’t actually generate benefit for the game is just shooting yourself in the foot as a game designer.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

And why would they? Feeding somebody’s OCD craving for symmetry that doesn’t actually generate benefit for the game is just shooting yourself in the foot as a game designer.

This so much here. How to not design give your self nonsensical limitations that end up shoehorning your designs. If they have a cohesive well designed theme for thieves built around staff why would any designer limit themselves because another elite specialization for another profession is getting staff as well. Really does not make any sense.

Astralporing.1957

This so much here. How to not design give your self nonsensical limitations that end up shoehorning your designs. If they have a cohesive well designed theme for thieves built around staff why would any designer limit themselves because another elite specialization for another profession is getting staff as well. Really does not make any sense.

Looking at the “cohesive theme” of Tempest and its warhorn, i don’t hold too much hope for thieves.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

I’m a RPer, and I have characters that would have matched Elementalist Sword and Thief Rifle perfectly. And while the Elemenalist will actually work well with the reality of the Tempest, the Thief and staff are such a mismatch that I’m now worried about all of it.

You of course don’t have to use the elite spec or new weapon regardless of what it is. So after it is revealed if you don’t think it fits your character don’t use it

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Sorry to derail the thread, but, as a designer, I have to say one of our main “tool of the trade” is just that: limitations. The best designs grow from dry functions that need to be covered by art and usability to become great experiences. The blank page, without any hint or requirement to fulfill, usually leads to repeated and boring cliché. Of course, rules are to be broken… but not often. The best designers work with rules, follow them, twist them and break them ONLY in the most precise and precious moments.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

sebradle.7034

Sorry to derail the thread, but, as a designer, I have to say one of our main “tool of the trade” is just that: limitations. The best designs grow from dry functions that need to be covered by art and usability to become great experiences. The blank page, without any hint or requirement to fulfill, usually leads to repeated and boring cliché. Of course, rules are to be broken… but not often. The best designers work with rules, follow them, twist them and break them ONLY in the most precise and precious moments.

Didnt say not to have limits and rules when designing. Of course you should because it gives what ever your designing structure and cohesiveness.

I said nonsensical limitations: like what we are talking about here limiting weapon choices so two classes don’t overlap weapons. Honestly the only thing I can see as a design benefit of that is it gives a level of uniqueness to each class. That uniqueness is great and all but in a game that broke the mold on weapon choices by giving each profession a multitude of different weapons that are used in a variety of ways do you think that uniqueness is high on anet’s design philosophy (set of rules)?

I mean if anet did not break that rule we would be where every other mmo is with each profession stuck with a single weapon choice in their token archetype. So all I’m saying is limiting who gets what weapon by having each profession get a unique weapon isn’t a design choice but ocd. What weapon choice an elite specialization gets should be determined by how it fits within the the archetype and over concept of that elite specialization and not whether ranger or warrior or engi has the same weapon used on their elite spec.

TLDR: Never said not to have rules you always have to start with some structure obviously.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m a RPer, and I have characters that would have matched Elementalist Sword and Thief Rifle perfectly. And while the Elemenalist will actually work well with the reality of the Tempest, the Thief and staff are such a mismatch that I’m now worried about all of it.

You of course don’t have to use the elite spec or new weapon regardless of what it is. So after it is revealed if you don’t think it fits your character don’t use it

Yeah, I know. I’ll just stick with his trademark weapons, dual pistols. Because those work so well now, right? ::sigh::

I was hoping not only to use a rifle, but to find some traits that would make the pistols worthwhile again. Now I’m going to have to play him like yet another of the many generic thieves in the game.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: tazzannl.5016

tazzannl.5016

well i personally feel that we shouldn’t have a repeat on weapons i at least want it to be balanced so each profession has at least a fighting chance against the most tankiest of players on their professions but we have no official (meaning reveal because like with speculation with the ele having sword a few weeks back being changed to warhorn because of datamining purposes"loling at that i may add haha") proof to back: thief, warrior, engi up so data mining doesn’t always prove to be a most valuable source but only time will tell but again i personally don’t want to see repeated weapon reveals….it just doesn’t appeal to me, i’m sorry if this debouches some of you into raging at me but that’s my pure thoughts on this discussion

Beta & GW1 player 2005|Maguuma|28 characters| Mount Maelstrom and Caledon Forest |England|

sebradle.7034

well i personally feel that we shouldn’t have a repeat on weapons i at least want it to be balanced so each profession has at least a fighting chance against the most tankiest of players on their professions but we have no official (meaning reveal because like with speculation with the ele having sword a few weeks back being changed to warhorn because of datamining purposes"loling at that i may add haha") proof to back: thief, warrior, engi up so data mining doesn’t always prove to be a most valuable source but only time will tell but again i personally don’t want to see repeated weapon reveals….it just doesn’t appeal to me, i’m sorry if this debouches some of you into raging at me but that’s my pure thoughts on this discussion

That is fine I can see why people want there to be a unique weapon for each profession it adds a coolness factor to it. I don’t know if this will help but just think that if they do release multiple elite specs down the line there is bound to be overlap (especially with warrior having so few options).

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Looking at the “cohesive theme” of Tempest and its warhorn, i don’t hold too much hope for thieves.

That you don’t understand the connection between storms and warhorns in the lore of Tyria doesn’t mean the link is not there…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Man, we just need the thief elite spec to be revealed already so we can put this argument to rest.

Posted by: Tyr.6097

Tyr.6097

Based on the current needs for thiefs, staffs wouldn’t fit or help in any case.

Tyrs Klinge ~Thief~

Astralporing.1957

That you don’t understand the connection between storms and warhorns in the lore of Tyria doesn’t mean the link is not there…

I didn’t mean the lore theme, but the gameplay one. Namely, Tempest doesn’t have any.

Actions, not words.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Melee staff could be the cleave/AoE sustained DPS for thief.
Currently thief has ok sustained DPS and high single target burst and quite bad AoE damage.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Seabreeze.8437

Currently thief has ok sustained DPS and high single target burst and quite bad AoE damage.

That sounds cool. I would prefer this as opposed to having it be a support weapon.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

In other hand, we got repetition of profession skill – Shouts.
In other hand, trough the ele warhorn we got confirmed that those ascended skins datamined are the elite specs weapons skins. There was a glint shield there, and a pole staff there. This is 2 repeated profession weapons right there.
In other hand, Seens like the chances of thief getting pole staff, actually rose to 90%.

In Other hand, Staff thief seens much more amazing than WH ele. Don’t complain, or I’ll curse you to get a off hand torch.

Seriously this. Imagine a melee AoE thief class focused on martial arts. Melee staff could have some amazing animations worked in with the most acrobatic class in the game (even has a traitline named for that too!). Maybe Thief will get stances? Martial arts commonly have different offensive/defensive stances that allow for more efficient combat.

Thief will get Shouts:

• THIS IS AN ASSASSINATION!
  • I AM OVER HERE!
  • I AM COMING FROM BEHIND!
  • NOW YOU ARE DEAD!
  • I AM PLACING A TRAP FACE-DOWN AND END MY TURN!

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

In other hand, we got repetition of profession skill – Shouts.
In other hand, trough the ele warhorn we got confirmed that those ascended skins datamined are the elite specs weapons skins. There was a glint shield there, and a pole staff there. This is 2 repeated profession weapons right there.
In other hand, Seens like the chances of thief getting pole staff, actually rose to 90%.

In Other hand, Staff thief seens much more amazing than WH ele. Don’t complain, or I’ll curse you to get a off hand torch.

Seriously this. Imagine a melee AoE thief class focused on martial arts. Melee staff could have some amazing animations worked in with the most acrobatic class in the game (even has a traitline named for that too!). Maybe Thief will get stances? Martial arts commonly have different offensive/defensive stances that allow for more efficient combat.

Thief will get Shouts:

• THIS IS AN ASSASSINATION!
  • I AM OVER HERE!
  • I AM COMING FROM BEHIND!
  • NOW YOU ARE DEAD!
  • I AM PLACING A TRAP FACE-DOWN AND END MY TURN!

!http://i.ytimg.com/vi/H4fKfz5rcx8/maxresdefault.jpg!

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

But Revenant has been data-mined to get shield for the Glint elite spec.

MiniEquine.6014

This is where the crux of it all is. Making weapon attack tooltips is actually quite easy on their part; slap some words on a default text box. However, making animations, static artwork, or weapon/armor models is not a small task and takes considerably longer to do. We have seen artwork for the Glint shield, Glint’s abilities, and the Glint legend artwork, but also we have some datamine about the shield abilities. Those may have changed some, but It would be incredibly odd for it to not be Glint and the shield for the Revenant E.spec.

As for the thief, there has neither been artwork for the rifle nor datamined rifle skills. What we do have is a piece of colored artwork of a medium-armor character wielding a staff and using the signature thief colors of red and black. It’s pretty cut and dry. They likely don’t finish artwork until the basic idea about the content has already been settled on.

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

This is where the crux of it all is. Making weapon attack tooltips is actually quite easy on their part; slap some words on a default text box. However, making animations, static artwork, or weapon/armor models is not a small task and takes considerably longer to do. We have seen artwork for the Glint shield, Glint’s abilities, and the Glint legend artwork, but also we have some datamine about the shield abilities. Those may have changed some, but It would be incredibly odd for it to not be Glint and the shield for the Revenant E.spec.

I suspect that those abilities did change. Look at the ones for staff and sword/sword. Those definitely did from what I recall of discrepancies between the datamine and the reveal.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

Akikaze.1307

Sword/Pistol. Sword auto attack cleaves.

Seabreeze.8437

Warrior greatsword and main-hand axe. Both auto attacks also cleave. What’s your point?

Akikaze.1307

Warrior greatsword and main-hand axe. Both auto attacks also cleave. What’s your point?

If you read what I was replying to, maybe you would get the point.
Belzebu was suggesting that staff fills the role of “melee cleave” for thief as a reply to Tyr. I added in the point that there’s already a weapon that provides the same cleave/sustained DPS option on thief.

Posted by: Gerikstoof.9563

Gerikstoof.9563

Why do people assume Thiefs are getting a rifle? A rifle is a stand still and shoot weapon, taking aim for a while and deal tons of damage with a single hit (Warrior Burst skill for example).
A thief, on the other hand, is all about mobility, fast movement around the battlefield and getting close to the enemy to assassinate them. Or in the case of the shortbow and pistol to cast trick shots to control/distract/apply debuffs.
A rifle doesn’t even fit close to what a Thief is supposed to be, the weapon is too slow and clunky for the class.

A melee staff can be used as a fighting stick, allowing the user to perform very acrobatic moves and attacks like for example a pole vault over the enemy or making the enemy trip by lifting the enemy’s legs with the staff. This DOES fit in the Thief spectrum and would make much more sense in my opinion.

Belzebu.3912

Yes sword cleaves, that is why I run s/p + p/p with my open world PvE thief, but it doesn’t have the AoE part.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Yes sword cleaves, that is why I run s/p + p/p with my open world PvE thief, but it doesn’t have the AoE part.

Without ricochet yeah but wouldn’t s/p and SB fit that or do you mean GS or ele staff like AoE?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Akikaze.1307

Why do people assume Thiefs are getting a rifle? A rifle is a stand still and shoot weapon, taking aim for a while and deal tons of damage with a single hit (Warrior Burst skill for example).

Well there’s only 2 examples of Rifle in the game atm. The one you’re describing is relative to Warriors, stand and shoot. However look at Engineer’s rifle skills, they’re more “mobile” orientated enabling the Engi across different ranges.

Gerikstoof.9563

Well there’s only 2 examples of Rifle in the game atm. The one you’re describing is relative to Warriors, stand and shoot. However look at Engineer’s rifle skills, they’re more “mobile” orientated enabling the Engi across different ranges.

Still no high mobility skills on the Engineer set either, which are essential for a Thief.
The only movement on an Engi rifle is Overcharegd Shot, which is a self-inflicted knockback so not that positive of an effect.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Still no high mobility skills on the Engineer set either, which are essential for a Thief.
The only movement on an Engi rifle is Overcharegd Shot, which is a self-inflicted knockback so not that positive of an effect.

You forgot https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jump_Shot

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ele getting Warhorn is like a bad dream. Why would we need a third close-range weapon? Makes me regret pre-purchasing the expansion

Someone wake me up, the dev made a mistake and forgot to give us 1200-ranged-sword skills.

Gerikstoof.9563

You forgot https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jump_Shot

Ok, I don’t know how I missed that one

Belzebu.3912

Without ricochet yeah but wouldn’t s/p and SB fit that or do you mean GS or ele staff like AoE?

I still miss my ricochet … I’ll probably start to use SB more often, I didn’t play thief much after the update.
But yeah, I mean near staff ele level of AoE, but less burst and more sustained.
I think that thief melee staff should have skills that covers a good area, to keep a sustained DPS in that area, a bit of mobility to also survive while keeping that pressure.

MiniEquine.6014

Ele getting Warhorn is like a bad dream. Why would we need a third close-range weapon? Makes me regret pre-purchasing the expansion

Someone wake me up, the dev made a mistake and forgot to give us 1200-ranged-sword skills.

You don’t believe you would have gotten 1200-ranged sword skills, do you? You would likely see a couple of 900-ranged attacks, but the AAs would almost certainly be short melee range or 300.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

You don’t believe you would have gotten 1200-ranged sword skills, do you? You would likely see a couple of 900-ranged attacks, but the AAs would almost certainly be short melee range or 300.

Revenant hammer is 1200 range, so I don’t see why not. The Elementalist could raise is sword in a storm calling gesture and a bolt could fall from the sky on the blade and be redirected towards enemies.

MiniEquine.6014

Revenant hammer is 1200 range, so I don’t see why not. The Elementalist could raise is sword in a storm calling gesture and a bolt could fall from the sky on the blade and be redirected towards enemies.

It’s not impossible, but it’s still not likely. A vast majority of weapons are used in their conventional sense. Only the Mesmer Greatsword and Revenant Hammer (to a much lesser extent the Revenant Staff) do something different than what the weapon is intended for. And while those could be abilities of the sword, the auto-attack is still most likely going to be some form of melee-ranged strike, not dissimilar to what the Mesmer has.

Believe me, I want a sword-wielding Elementalist, but it doesn’t make much sense with this current iteration of E.specs. Warhorn fits the “storm-calling” Tempest perfectly thematically, even if it is not necessarily the most exciting thing. I would have to imagine that a spell slinger (pistol) or spell sword (sword) is a future E.spec, where the theme will fit it a lot better.

Posted by: Laurence.6751

Laurence.6751

Ranger – staff
Thief – staff
Ele – warhorn
Warrior – torch
Mesmer – shield
Revenant – shield
Engineer – hammer
Guardian – longbow
Necromancer – greatsword

Agree.

Seabreeze.8437

Ranger – staff
Thief – staff
Ele – warhorn
Warrior – torch
Mesmer – shield
Revenant – shield
Engineer – hammer
Guardian – longbow
Necromancer – greatsword

Agree.

This looks about right. Obviously we won’t know for sure until Anet shows us more elite specs, but this list looks good to me. I’ll admit I’m quite intrigued what warrior torch could bring, considering the elite spec name is most likely going to remain “berserker.”

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Stage 1: Denial “They wouldn’t give us another melee weapon”

Stage 2: Anger “Why do we need /another/ melee weapon”

Stage 3: Bargaining "[Suggestion] “Don’t give us another melee weapon”

Stage 4: Depression “At least there’s no reason to grind hero points”

Stage 5: Acceptance “Wait a second, staff could actually be a really good ranged weapon, just like it is for the elementalist.”

You gotta decide which stages some of you are at. Also, feel free to repost this, editing it for the Pro-Staff crowd instead of the Pro-Rifle crowd. And I still think we could end up with anything, I’m not saying it’s definitely staff, just looking towards that way!!

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

And suddenly the melee staff is not a melee staff but a not-so-great hybrid design like p/p.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

They really ought to give someone a rifle. It’s the least usable weapon type right now.

We’ve already got staves sticking out of every oriface in this game, I’m not sure how shoving two more in is going to work.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

And suddenly the melee staff is not a melee staff but a not-so-great hybrid design like p/p.

I’m wondering how Pistol/Pistol is a hybrid between Ranged & Melee confused smily

Blood & Merlot [Wine]