72 hours to get my gems?

72 hours to get my gems?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: TheGuardian.6495

TheGuardian.6495

Thought I would add in my experience with support for this issue. I purchased my gems on Tuesday with the intent of purchasing a few items since they are on sale. I’m a new player so I was excited to be able to get a little jump start on some of the QoL items in the shop.

I didn’t realize that 72 hours really meant 72 hours, as most other digital distribution sources give themselves a decent sized time buffer so this didn’t seem usual. (My fault, if I had found this thread earlier I would have known, and might have held off on my purchase)

Fast forward to Thursday evening, still no gems and the sale had ended on an item or two I wanted. I opened a support ticket as recommended in this thread. After a couple replies, less than 24 hours later, and referencing the Team Lead that posted in this thread, I was able to receive the items I needed at the sale price.

Thank you Gaile for posting here! You’ve made a new player very happy.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

I got my gems in just a little over 48 hours.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

We need a lay away reserve an item to be purchased within 7 days. If it is not bought then the item disappears from the reserved ‘lay away’ tab

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Makali.7508

Makali.7508

Sorry for digging up an old post but why do some people get theirs instantly, and others do not? :O

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Sorry for digging up an old post but why do some people get theirs instantly, and others do not? :O

The only ones who are on the delay are players who purchase HoT: Ultimate.

The ones who say they got HoT: Ultimate and got their gems right away likely purchased and applied the key to HoT to their account before the fraud protections were put in place due to the high instances of fraudulent keys being purchased and used.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: BimBimZ.3285

BimBimZ.3285

I’ve bought ultimate edition 4 days ago,,, I got my Gems in 70 hours,,, Gliding, Additional Character Slot, Finisher, Revenant Mini and Tittle directly,,, but I didn’t recive Additional Bag Slot, Living Wolrd 2 Complete Pack, Job-r Tron, BL Keys and Minis Pack…. Anyone has a same problem????

72 hours to get my gems?

Seera.5916

I’ve bought ultimate edition 4 days ago,,, I got my Gems in 70 hours,,, Gliding, Additional Character Slot, Finisher, Revenant Mini and Tittle directly,,, but I didn’t recive Additional Bag Slot, Living Wolrd 2 Complete Pack, Job-r Tron, BL Keys and Minis Pack…. Anyone has a same problem????

Bag slot, Living World 2 Complete Pack, Job-r-Tron, BL Keys and Minis Pack are not part of the Ultimate Edition. That’s why you haven’t received them.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m curious where you received the information that made you think any of those (missing) items were included in the Ultimate Edition of Heart of Thorns. The contents of each edition are clearly stated in the Blog, the buy.guildwars2 site, assorted articles, the Wiki, the Knowledge Base, etc., etc.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Sammej.6452

Sammej.6452

Over the last week we have seen an increased fraud purchase attempt rate for our Heart of Thorns Ultimate edition. Because of this increased fraudulent attempt rate, gem delivery for Heart of Thorns Ultimate may be delayed up to 72 hours after purchase.

Close to 73 hours now since I bought HoT Ultimate, from the link ingame..
still no gems..

Attachments:

72 hours to get my gems?

Seera.5916

Over the last week we have seen an increased fraud purchase attempt rate for our Heart of Thorns Ultimate edition. Because of this increased fraudulent attempt rate, gem delivery for Heart of Thorns Ultimate may be delayed up to 72 hours after purchase.

Close to 73 hours now since I bought HoT Ultimate, from the link ingame..
still no gems..

Contact support. Only they have the tools to fix the problem if your purchase went through smoothly.

Check your credit card statement to make sure nothing got rejected.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Things like this leave a bad taste in my mouth. I haven’t bought the ultimate edition so am not affected, but there should never be an excuse for making loyal innocent players have to pay the price for criminals. Not cool Anet, not cool.

You could have at least let those who don’t yet have their gems reserve sale items for, say, I dunno, how about 72 hours?

Mhmmm…it’s not like Anet cannot take back the items if the sale was counterfeit. Furthermore, if the sale was counterfeit they are going to remove HoT from my account and ban me! So, what’s the difference in letting me have my gems to purchase the items. Makes no logical sense at all.

Of course it makes sense. Imagine you’re a fraudster. You “buy” the Ultimate Edition using a stolen CC. You get the gems, buy items, sell them to innocent players to “wash” the gold, use the gold to acquire other items at which time the stolen CC is identified and the account is banned. You don’t care, because you’ve lost nothing and in fact have profited from the illicent activities. We can’t simply “take back” the gems because they’ve been used to acquire items that then go to innocent players. And those people are unwittingly impacted by scurulous behavior on the part of the fraudsters.

I got hit with this, sold a skin to someone who apparently used gold farmers, his account was banned and the gold he had sent me for the skin was stripped from me. Bye bye 200g.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Tianai.4258

Tianai.4258

i think its not fair to make ppl wait for what they pay for. i would like my gems. i mean we are loyal customers for christ sake. so anet do us all a solid. show us how much you care about us.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Things like this leave a bad taste in my mouth. I haven’t bought the ultimate edition so am not affected, but there should never be an excuse for making loyal innocent players have to pay the price for criminals. Not cool Anet, not cool.

You could have at least let those who don’t yet have their gems reserve sale items for, say, I dunno, how about 72 hours?

Mhmmm…it’s not like Anet cannot take back the items if the sale was counterfeit. Furthermore, if the sale was counterfeit they are going to remove HoT from my account and ban me! So, what’s the difference in letting me have my gems to purchase the items. Makes no logical sense at all.

Of course it makes sense. Imagine you’re a fraudster. You “buy” the Ultimate Edition using a stolen CC. You get the gems, buy items, sell them to innocent players to “wash” the gold, use the gold to acquire other items at which time the stolen CC is identified and the account is banned. You don’t care, because you’ve lost nothing and in fact have profited from the illicent activities. We can’t simply “take back” the gems because they’ve been used to acquire items that then go to innocent players. And those people are unwittingly impacted by scurulous behavior on the part of the fraudsters.

I got hit with this, sold a skin to someone who apparently used gold farmers, his account was banned and the gold he had sent me for the skin was stripped from me. Bye bye 200g.

If you use TP as it mean to be and not player to player sell which arena net do not support you would not have that problem. This is reason for TP safe trading. I guess you learn lesson hard way.

;)

72 hours to get my gems?

Seera.5916

i think its not fair to make ppl wait for what they pay for. i would like my gems. i mean we are loyal customers for christ sake. so anet do us all a solid. show us how much you care about us.

So do you want to pay for the differences in inflation that I’d have to pay due to that?

You do realize that the waiting period is because ANet cares about us.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That waiting period is there because Anet cares and wants to make sure someone didn’t sell you an already registered copy/steal your payment info/compromise your account.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If you use TP as it mean to be and not player to player sell which arena net do not support you would not have that problem. This is reason for TP safe trading. I guess you learn lesson hard way.

For sure! Haven’t trusted any guildies or people in game since then lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Arba.6573

Arba.6573

Well the bad part is it also takes 4 Days to be able to use the trader so my purchase can be verified? I purchased on Friday and my characters are at a stand still because I can’t expand the bank slots, buy bags, weapons or anything on the trader for 4 days! The GEMS I knew about but I did not know about this 4 day wait to use a core component of the game. With my limited time to play I bought the Ultimate HoT edition and thought I could play over the weekend and now I am sitting on my hands. Great. Oh but my extra character slot is there, I can join Beta but not make a Revenant, GEMS not there but knew about that one. The HoT purchase description says you get the access to the full core GW2 game and there is nothing there stating I will not be able to use the Trader even with coin I receive while playing in game for 4 days. Here is what support said:

So I look into your account and say that HoT was activated yesterday (10/09/2015 at 4:12 PM) The reason why you are unable to go into the TP is because our system takes apporx. 4 days to verify your purchase!
So on 10/13 around 4 your account will be good to go so hang tight.

Really?

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Grymlokk.5960

Grymlokk.5960

Been 4 days since I bought HoT Ultimate and still no gems

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

Just buy the cheapest version of HoT and all problems will fade.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

More than 3 days no gems. It is just silly at this point. I guess scammers screwed them so well that they have to do this to their customers. At the very least if you are going to say 3 days max make sure it is 3 days max.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: Muirne.7915

Muirne.7915

I waited 72 hours for my gems. Sent in a ticket and was told to wait another 24 hours by Support. I waited 24 hours…STILL NOTHING. At this point, I have waited 84 HOURS. This is RIDICULOUS. I sent in yet -another- ticket. I’m hoping they FINALLY give me my gems. I don’t want to wait a whole friggen week for my gems.
>BC

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: egmancera.7264

egmancera.7264

If I had known I would not have gotten them immediately, I would not have bought the ultimate edition.

Same here… I wouldn’t got the Ultimate Edition if I had knew that I have to wait son long for the gems… what a disappointment…

72 hours to get my gems?

Posted by: egmancera.7264

egmancera.7264

Mark Katzbach.9084 I wouldn’t got the Ultimate Edition if I had knew that I have to wait son long for the gems… what a disappointment.

72 hours to get my gems?

Seera.5916

If I had known I would not have gotten them immediately, I would not have bought the ultimate edition.

Same here… I wouldn’t got the Ultimate Edition if I had knew that I have to wait son long for the gems… what a disappointment…

It was quite clear on the page where you bought them that it could take up to 72 hours for the gems to be given out.