A Little question about Speccializations....

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: thewildgoz.4962

thewildgoz.4962

How will the obtained? must do a quest in magumma or something? or do i get it just by buying the expansion? Cause i would really like to level a new character with the new weapons and espect…. =)

Posted by: WindGodGirl.6405

WindGodGirl.6405

You must own the expansion and be level 80, I believe. After that, I’m a little fuzzy on the details.

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You must own the expansion and be level 80, I believe. After that, I’m a little fuzzy on the details.

This.

In terms of obtaining them, you use Hero points like the current specs.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

thewildgoz.4962

Soooo…. Need to be 80…… I cant level a new character with the spect? hope they add and option to “unlock” the spect for new characters if u already unlocked with your 80 ones…. love to acompany my friends on leveling, and enjoy the leveling itself…. pluss less boring same same leveling =)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I wouldn’t swear by it, but I thought they said there would be a way for non-xpac owners to get the specializations, just not the new class and other game content. That being said, though, I am not certain.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I wouldn’t swear by it, but I thought they said there would be a way for non-xpac owners to get the specializations, just not the new class and other game content. That being said, though, I am not certain.

From all we have seen so far, the Elite Specializations are for expansion purchasers only. The regular, original Specializations that already exist are for all players.

As for the original post, you will unlock the Elite Specialization similar to how you unlock other current Specializations; by leveling it up through the Training Tab of the Hero Panel with Hero Points.

thewildgoz.4962

OK, the thing is that i already have the xpak, so i just wanna know if i can play with the spec with a new character withow hiting 80…? i know talents perks or whatever are on at 21 so… can i use the spect at level 21??

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

OK, the thing is that i already have the xpak, so i just wanna know if i can play with the spec with a new character withow hiting 80…? i know talents perks or whatever are on at 21 so… can i use the spect at level 21??

Since last line is the one who add elite spec slot option it would be at the earliest lvl 71 but it could very well be you have to be 80 in any case, we dont have enough info.

Linken.6345

From all we have seen so far, the Elite Specializations are for expansion purchasers only. The regular, original Specializations that already exist are for all players.

As for the original post, you will unlock the Elite Specialization similar to how you unlock other current Specializations; by leveling it up through the Training Tab of the Hero Panel with Hero Points.

Yes they will be unlocked for core people in spvp onIy think was the statement.

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

To use an elite spec you need to have the expansion and be level 80 and unlock it using hero points. Since you’re boosted to lvl 80 and everything is unlocked in sPvP you’d just need the expansion for using it there. Here’s a link to the blog post where they discuss that: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

Linken.6345

To use an elite spec you need to have the expansion and be level 80 and unlock it using hero points. Since you’re boosted to lvl 80 and everything is unlocked in sPvP you’d just need the expansion for using it there. Here’s a link to the blog post where they discuss that: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/specializations-part-two-reward-tracks-and-elite-specializations/

Just read that link again and they lied in it

Some professions will be getting a single main-hand or off-hand weapon, but each weapon should really open up some new playstyles for a given profession.

No profession got a single main-hand weapon if they dont change the engineer to mace instead of hammer and then they lie on the.

The ranger’s druid specialization will allow the ranger access to the staff weapon, while some other lucky profession will finally get access to a hammer.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Some professions will be getting a single main-hand or off-hand weapon, but each weapon should really open up some new playstyles for a given profession.

No profession got a single main-hand weapon if they dont change the engineer to mace instead of hammer and then they lie on the.

The ranger’s druid specialization will allow the ranger access to the staff weapon, while some other lucky profession will finally get access to a hammer.

I believe they’re talking in general for all specializations going forward in the future, which may indeed see some professions getting a single mainhand weapon. Not JUST the ones specifically in HoT.

Its also entirely possible that some classes were originally GOING to get mainhand weapons and then they changed their minds. Heck, based on the datamined Elementalist Sword skills, that may very well be the case.

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

How is that a lie? Some professiond did get a mainhand or offhand weapon.

EverythingOP

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Umm, no. More likely than not at the time they wrote that they probably were planning on at least one profession getting a main hand weapon (Ele’s were originally getting sword). Plans change especially in development. A lie would be if they had no intention at all of giving a main hand weapon when they said that. I don’t that’s an allegation you can prove.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Yes, because anet has nothing better to do than lie to us… because… why, again?

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

To me a two-hander is a “single main hand weapon”. It is used singularly; without an offhand.

Attachments:

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

That’s not lying. Lying is intentional. If they had no intention of lying to you then but said what they did but design later on changed then it’s not a lie. It’s a change in developement.

And we already know Ele was datamined with MH Sword but got changed to OH Warhorn.

Engie stays hammer and Druid stays staff (or stave whichever word you like more)