ANET FIXED STUFF =))

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-19-2016

http://dulfy.net/2016/04/19/gw2-april-19-game-update-patch-notes/

Thank you Anet for fixing stuff. =) Your patch notes are really awesome and everything looks good and is very promising. This is a big help to the game and we can now be happy again yay!

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Queen of FA.7398

Queen of FA.7398

This is so amazing that many things got fixed. I’m really excited to play now. Everything that was making people upset does seem to be fixed. Also the new things they are going to be doing and working on in the update notes are very cool too!

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Wow… Im just… Finally impressed :0

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I know im new but thank you anet i will buy getting the expansion for sure 100 percent, I love the direction its going .

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Tattoolady.1934

Tattoolady.1934

There were 2 directions after all that negative stuff with HoT. A-Net took the right one. I didn’t play the new maps since some weeks. This weekend you can see me there again. I’m really happy with what the update brought us.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: dasaybz.9524

dasaybz.9524

There were 2 directions after all that negative stuff with HoT. A-Net took the right one. I didn’t play the new maps since some weeks. This weekend you can see me there again. I’m really happy with what the update brought us.

Not trying to be a jerk at all, but what part of the update will be bringing you back exactly? I’m just curious.

Thanks.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ya know, I’m happy for the most part with the patch…but I’m not gonna pat somebody on the back that let their house keep burning while they insisted it was fine.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

They’ve been working hard. Give ’em a bit of credit.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

Ya know, I’m happy for the most part with the patch…but I’m not gonna pat somebody on the back that let their house keep burning while they insisted it was fine.

As far as my reading comprehension skills go, “We are going to fix this and that because it’s not in line with how we envisioned GW2” does not equal “Everything’s fine, guys!”. They very much deserve a pat on the back for recognizing/picking up problems pointed out to them and fixing them, and even fixing some longstanding issues.

The only thing I’m a bit bummed about is that they changed nothing about the ratio of piles of flax seeds to vials of linseed oil. I’m hoping they’ll still change that at some point in the future. Otherwise this patch puts a big smile on my face, a sentiment shared by my guild mates so far (so it’s not just an individual opinion).

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

This is so amazing that many things got fixed. I’m really excited to play now. Everything that was making people upset does seem to be fixed. Also the new things they are going to be doing and working on in the update notes are very cool too!

Definitely not everything. But a step in the right direction. Great patch for sure.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

TheLastNobody.8319

As far as my reading comprehension skills go, “We are going to fix this and that because it’s not in line with how we envisioned GW2” does not equal “Everything’s fine, guys!”. They very much deserve a pat on the back for recognizing/picking up problems pointed out to them and fixing them, and even fixing some longstanding issues.

The only thing I’m a bit bummed about is that they changed nothing about the ratio of piles of flax seeds to vials of linseed oil. I’m hoping they’ll still change that at some point in the future. Otherwise this patch puts a big smile on my face, a sentiment shared by my guild mates so far (so it’s not just an individual opinion).

They never really acknowledged these problems until recently and only after they saw that HoT was underperforming. I’ll agree this is a good change and I’d come back and play if other games weren’t holding my interest right now, but I’m sticking to what I said. This is the kind of thing they should’ve done or started looking into maybe a month after hot released, he’ll I’ll give them two months even, I’m feeling generous. Not half a year later.

By all means, be happy, but don’t forget we only got this because it started affecting their pocketbooks.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

They never really acknowledged these problems until recently and only after they saw that HoT was underperforming. I’ll agree this is a good change and I’d come back and play if other games weren’t holding my interest right now, but I’m sticking to what I said. This is the kind of thing they should’ve done or started looking into maybe a month after hot released, he’ll I’ll give them two months even, I’m feeling generous. Not half a year later.

By all means, be happy, but don’t forget we only got this because it started affecting their pocketbooks.

Well, whatever the point of view, designing and implementing the changes of the latest patch is not something they started doing recently. This is a lot of stuff that many people have been working on for more than just a few weeks. What also factors in is that they decided to put in all these things in one big quarterly patch. If they did it in small doses, we might’ve had some of it before now, but that would most likely garner complaints from people who don’t see their desired changes patched first. Add to that internal company issues and politics, which they will never inform us about but will still be happening behind the scenes (and most likely have happened, considering the staff changes at ANet), and said changes can take a while to complete and implement. Even if the road to now wasn’t easy or short, I’m still glad it’s finally here. I never was one of the big complainers, even though I did see the merit in some of the complaints, but these changes should redeem ANet in the eyes of most people, or at the least be the start of the road to redemption. Next up: 3rd Raid wing and LS season 3.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I agree this is a great patch. Looking forward to content patch even more now. I wish I wasn’t in finals and had more time to play around with the changes.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: peeveez.1985

peeveez.1985

I’m new too and don’t know enough about endgame to have an opinion on all these changes, but I’m impressed by the amount of work you guys are putting in. I came from another big mmo (yes, that one), and I can say without doubt that they put in far less effort on tweaking their expansions after release.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Colour me impressed… quality… a thing that vanished for a long time now. WvW reward tracks… with new ARMOR SKINS (bout time.. geez), visuals restored, a freebie thats overkill amazing, dailies that dont suck anymore and show more diversity, the darn fractal backpack is done, the new legendary bow that looks vastly better then in the official trailer, the HoT map rewards fixed, dungeon rewards fixed heck even the stupid rng chests are now worth more, balance that doesnt really destroy too much for once (eh.. cept the reaper thing with chill and the engi HT….but i kitten about that later, no salt right now)

There we go… back to the roots, would you look at that… never imagined id ever type a post again on this forum that does not crystalize the eyes of those who read it to pure salt…. good one a-net.. seems ima stick arround afterall

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I’m new too and don’t know enough about endgame to have an opinion on all these changes, but I’m impressed by the amount of work you guys are putting in. I came from another big mmo (yes, that one), and I can say without doubt that they put in far less effort on tweaking their expansions after release.

Well this is their first expansion, but usually gw2 moves very fast, and a lot of things (bugs, unused skills) get left in the dust. They do manage to do things like this sometimes, but its rare. I think this is semi related to the new director. Outside of obviously not being aware of how awesome mesmer is at home node control due to portal and swinging fights, the A-Net devs seemed to have really fallowed through with some of what they said was their plan. (Work on unsued skills, and imrpove balance after release)

I still think there is more to be done in terms of balance. (Please just prevent mes from doubling up on elite skills, done) And a lot of skills are still useless (guardian spirit weapons, most thief traps, ranger spirits (most not all), etc.).

Still, this is a great patch for the game as a whole. I can’t wait for the living world updates to start.

If you are new you should try to play season 2 of living world when you finish you personal story. It sometimes goes on sale as a bundle, but it’s worth playing through if you are enjoying the story. When the next season comes out (season 3) it will be free, so long as you log in during the time it is available. You can then always go back and replay it. Otherwise, you have to buy them later.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

This is a fantastic patch, I 100% agree. However, looking at it in context, it’s been what… almost a year since they released their xpac and now it’s playable? I hope this is a sign of a new direction and a blunder like this won’t happen again. I am hopeful, but cautiously optimistic.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Certainly a relief to be able to use the map system within VB without getting extremely annoyed at the poor game design.

YOU SHOULD NEVER INCORPORATE DIFFICULY INTO A GAME BY EXPLOITING GAMEPLAY IMPERFECTIONS.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Wozniak.7304

Wozniak.7304

This must be the other half of the expansion everyone has been waiting for

Its off the table now – http://i.imgur.com/CQWlUqL.gif

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This is a fantastic patch, I 100% agree. However, looking at it in context, it’s been what… almost a year since they released their xpac and now it’s playable? I hope this is a sign of a new direction and a blunder like this won’t happen again. I am hopeful, but cautiously optimistic.

It’s six months mate…and programming takes time.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Notably not fixed: the ridiculously solo-unfriendly nature of hero challenges.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: MesmerizedNYC.2479

MesmerizedNYC.2479

Kudos for making HoT more accessible and player friendly. It’s a bit late for me as I grinded through it a few weeks ago. One thing though, I’m surprised ANET did not remove XP limiter for those that have earned full mastery on the four core HoT mastery lines. It kind of stinks that all I get are the loot and rewards when playing HoT and not the XP. Oh well, you can’t win them all.

Commander Ellie
Formerly YB – Now Stranded on Maguuma

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This was perhaps the best gameplay update they’ve ever done. I’m happy.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: LazySummer.2568

LazySummer.2568

Notably not fixed: the ridiculously solo-unfriendly nature of hero challenges.

Nerfed some bladedancer randomly and moved the HP under Tarir, both of which are in obvious places so you get help more often than not and just forget about anything else like the more important vampire broodmaster and mushroom queen…Also decided to touch the harder to solo security console HP but didnt bother nerfing it for some reason…sure fixed things

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I have to ask if you are playing other games that have your interest so you are not coming back, why do you bother to post? Not being sarcastic or a smart elec but when I lose interest in things I don’t re-vist.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

TheLastNobody.8319

I have to ask if you are playing other games that have your interest so you are not coming back, why do you bother to post? Not being sarcastic or a smart elec but when I lose interest in things I don’t re-vist.

Nah, good question. Thing is I do enjoy and love Gw2 and I wanna get back into it. Just a lot of Anet’s decisions and designs kittened me off and pushed me away from the game. By biggest underlying complaint was that I was not being rewarded for my time playing the game, nor did I feel like I was making any meaningful progress on any of my goals, those being ascended armor and legendaries. Everything I wanted was placed behind a Timegated grind so I just quit.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Exit.5213

Exit.5213

You got me back, GG Anet.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

They got me back, too. Now I only hope we don’t have a wait a few months to see updates to the balance changes they’ve made. Balance seems to happen so slowly. I’d rather more frequent shaves and changes than a ton of changes all at once.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

They got me back, too. Now I only hope we don’t have a wait a few months to see updates to the balance changes they’ve made. Balance seems to happen so slowly. I’d rather more frequent shaves and changes than a ton of changes all at once.

Yes. They’ve never seemed to understand how important this is. Minor balance updates should happen more frequently than once per quarter.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Nah, good question. Thing is I do enjoy and love Gw2 and I wanna get back into it. Just a lot of Anet’s decisions and designs kittened me off and pushed me away from the game. By biggest underlying complaint was that I was not being rewarded for my time playing the game, nor did I feel like I was making any meaningful progress on any of my goals, those being ascended armor and legendaries. Everything I wanted was placed behind a Timegated grind so I just quit.

Gotcha well if you haven’t tried since the update patch I really think they are moving in the right direction. Give it a try (again you may have already) but as for me I was real excited/happy with what I saw in the game in the first 30-45 minutes I jumped back into the map (Auric Basin)…

Take care!!

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Good step forward, but as expected no new content, and current content is stale.

Not overly impressed by the balance changes and how they effect sPvP, as it has been stated a lot of it was geared towards WvW according to the blog posts.

I’ll login to work on the SB, but ranked PvP won’t be worth my time until they change the ladder system and remove the achievements while replacing them with end season rewards.

Nice to hear build templates are in the works, but this feature should’ve been brought to the game so, so, soooo long ago.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Good list of fixes except it’s missing any repairs for the ghastly guild requirements.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

You have to be kittenting me. Patch notes say a lot of words. "Err, they must have put some great effort in this… ".
It’s missing a lot of stuff and with all the HoT changes (long overdue, I might add) it’s basically yet another kitten-you to all core players. ANet treats GW2 as if it’s something separate and inferior to HoT, whereas in reality it’s the other way around. How cheap can you get…

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I appreciate several things about the update:

I like the monetary reward for doing dailies.
I like the new WvW reward tracks. I hope it brings more people out to WvW.
I like the XP increase in HoT.
I like the new reward system for HoT events.
I like the new, more detailed LFG.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I am delighted now, Mo. In all honesty, me and my boyfriend loved the HoT map changes and we’re so thrilled. We’ll slowly make our way towards the legendary backpiece aswell. Thank you so much for all the effort you put in this patch, and so many fixes.

I know that, deep inside, you haven’t really abandoned HoT legendaries, and you might aswell ship one every 6months. I know you guys can! <3

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

You have to be kittenting me. Patch notes say a lot of words. "Err, they must have put some great effort in this… ".
It’s missing a lot of stuff and with all the HoT changes (long overdue, I might add) it’s basically yet another kitten-you to all core players. ANet treats GW2 as if it’s something separate and inferior to HoT, whereas in reality it’s the other way around. How cheap can you get…

Core is unlikely to see much in the way of future development that isn’t related to HoT. As far as ANet are concerned, HoT is GW2 going forward until the next xpac drops.

While this may suck for those who haven’t bought HoT, there are valid reasons for why a company is reluctant to spend development resources on the “old version” of their product. I’m also unaware of any MMO that has spent significant time on developing content that wasn’t related to their most current expansion.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Dungeon update was a pretty big boon to people that don’t own HoT.

What are you expecting, reams of free content for people that have basically said “No arenanet, I don’t want to pay you to develop new content”

If you’re not interested in supporting them financially because you don’t see HoT as a good value, they’re much more interested in making sure you DO see HoT as a good value by fixing the problems preventing you from choosing to buy it than giving you even more reasons to avoid buying it.

Why would they actively incentivize you to not buy their expansion?

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: battledrone.8315

battledrone.8315

Core is unlikely to see much in the way of future development that isn’t related to HoT. As far as ANet are concerned, HoT is GW2 going forward until the next xpac drops.

While this may suck for those who haven’t bought HoT, there are valid reasons for why a company is reluctant to spend development resources on the “old version” of their product. I’m also unaware of any MMO that has spent significant time on developing content that wasn’t related to their most current expansion.

i know one…WoW did exactly that
every xpac from them changed the core game in some ways, that made it desirable to make a new alt, and to start the levelling process again
THAT is the reason , why wow is still the king
they keep the core game fresh and up to par with the rest of the game
and the core game is still the very first thing a potential customer will see

(edited by battledrone.8315)

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Silent The Gray.3091

Silent The Gray.3091

Yes. They’ve never seemed to understand how important this is. Minor balance updates should happen more frequently than once per quarter.

Because their philosophy for Guild Wars 2 has been to go extreme in either direction of balancing, they don’t balance the way that other companies balance games, which is the way that works by the way. Instead you get one huge balance surge and it messes up more than it fixes most of the time, something is too powerful? Don’t make it completely worthless in the next patch, just scale it down a little bit and see where that takes things. It’s like a 5-year old in a candy shop is behind the balance team, we need more consistency than anything and to them it’s like, You can either have this or this, but you can’t have the option that’s in between.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Vayne.8563

every xpac from them changed the core game in some ways, that made it desirable to make a new alt, and to start the levelling process again

Wow is still king because they came out ten years ago in a barren market, charged people hundreds and hundreds of dollars in that time and so they have zillions of dollars to advertise.

When was the last time you saw a GW 2 commerical with William Shatner, or Chuck Norris or Mr. T.

Everyone always knows why WoW is a huge success…in spite of the fact that they’re losing subs so fast that they stopped reporting subscriber numbers.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

battledrone.8315

Wow is still king because they came out ten years ago in a barren market, charged people hundreds and hundreds of dollars in that time and so they have zillions of dollars to advertise.

When was the last time you saw a GW 2 commerical with William Shatner, or Chuck Norris or Mr. T.

Everyone always knows why WoW is a huge success…in spite of the fact that they’re losing subs so fast that they stopped reporting subscriber numbers.

wrong, it was because they opened mmos for the casual players
before that, mmos was niche, no game had over a mio players
anarchy online, ultima online, EQ1, were owning the market, until wow came to life
yes, it is dropping now..after a decade as the market leader
any dev would kill, to get that performance from their game
PS without wow, this game wouldnt even exist

(edited by battledrone.8315)

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: LoL NooBs.5076

LoL NooBs.5076

I used to pay to play my GW2 (meaning not just the initial $50). I understand that ANet needs to keep making more money. I understand that there are those that like everything in HoT, and that there are many others to whom it’s still worth $50 even if they don’t like everything in it. I ask, is the only way to get all people to pay money really by making superficial crap that’s so OP it just breaks the meta? Almost everyone runs an elite spec. These can hardly be called “elite” specs anymore — more like “default” specs. By now it must be obvious to anyone above 12, you don’t have a fighting chance if are not running one yourself (don’t talk to me about the occasional noobs that kill themselves in lava).

This is an MMO. Not just the game, but also the other players, is what I am here for. I would pay my fair share to have developers make new content for people who want that, but I do not want that content to be forced on me. Personally, I couldn’t care less about:
- “elite” specializations
- shinies, quests or stories
- mentor tags
- gliders
Again, I realize that many like all of these; I respect and admire that. But the amount of times all this has been shoved in my face like a carrot on a stick to try to suck $50 out of my wallet, has made me despise everything about HoT. This just doesn’t work that way on some people.

I want my GW2 back, and I know I won’t get that. But is proper balance then too much to ask for? If ANet can’t be bothered with this, then —
tldr get the elite specs out of PvP and WvW.
How hard is that? Don’t put in a competitive mode OP kitten locked behind $50. This is so low and cheap I wouldn’t compare it to a prostitute.

This game used to be about challenge and skill of overcoming it. Now it’s about OP mobs and even more broken classes. I will not have bought a game to be treated like kitten by some half would-be patch priced as a AAA title, that seems to rely on most people’s kindness to be forgiven for what it couldn’t become.

According to my immature name I seem not a big loss for the community.

(edited by LoL NooBs.5076)

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Vayne.8563

anarchy online, ultima online, EQ1, were owning the market, until wow came to life

And how do you think they even reached the casual audience, without advertising. WoW started development as a rich company already, due to other gaming successes. They didn’t reach all those people in a vacuum. And they didn’t get rich without investing in advertising.

You can say wrong all you want, but that doesn’t make what I’m saying wrong.

As far as whether this game would exist, there I believe you’re absolutely 100% right. This game wouldn’t have to exist if WOW wasn’t so popular and didn’t destroy and chance for originality or furthering the MMO development experience due to everyone trying to get a piece of that pie.

You may have noticed there are a whole lot of simple MMOs that never took off.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

battledrone.8315

And how do you think they even reached the casual audience, without advertising. WoW started development as a rich company already, due to other gaming successes. They didn’t reach all those people in a vacuum. And they didn’t get rich without investing in advertising.

As far as whether this game would exist, there I believe you’re absolutely 100% right. This game wouldn’t have to exist if WOW wasn’t so popular and didn’t destroy and chance for originality or furthering the MMO development experience due to everyone trying to get a piece of that pie.

a good product, and word of mouth was the key to their success
those tv commercials only came after it was the biggest mmo by a large margin
notice how fast they dropped them again, i was a wow player back then so i saw the effects on the inside
do you remember destiny? HUGE PR budget, big title, mediocre performance

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Vayne.8563

notice how fast they dropped them again, i was a wow player back then so i saw the effects on the inside

It was the biggest MMO by a large margin by being the only really professional MMO in the game. At the time they didn’t have to compete with free MMOs, or buy to play MMOs. Guild Wars 1 wasn’t an MMO and didn’t compete directly with WoW. THere were precious few people competing. Right time and right place, after which they completely destroyed the MMO market for five, six years.

You can believe anything you want, but WoW’s success was based on MANY factors, not just one or two, and timing and budget were definitely in the mix.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

battledrone.8315

It was the biggest MMO by a large margin by being the only really professional MMO in the game. At the time they didn’t have to compete with free MMOs, or buy to play MMOs. Guild Wars 1 wasn’t an MMO and didn’t compete directly with WoW. THere were precious few people competing. Right time and right place, after which they completely destroyed the MMO market for five, six years.

You can believe anything you want, but WoW’s success was based on MANY factors, not just one or two, and timing and budget were definitely in the mix.

lol..timing and budget in always in the mix
sony had SWG running..amateurs
anarchy online…amateurs
ultima online..amateurs
ncsoft had a pretty popular game..CoX..that died a slow death, after wow launched
but, somehow, a new team comes out, and roflstomps them all
where the blizzard crew that much better. or did they just have the best product?

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Vayne.8563

lol..timing and budget in always in the mix
sony had SWG running..amateurs
anarchy online…amateurs
ultima online..amateurs
ncsoft had a pretty popular game..CoX..that died a slow death, after wow launched
but, somehow, a new team comes out, and roflstomps them all
where the blizzard crew that much better. or did they just have the best product?

Most popular isn’t always best. There are plenty of popular shows on TV that are crap, but millions of people still watch them. I don’t know why it’s so hard for you to believe that advertising made a big difference.

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Quality doesn’t always go hand in hand with money. In fact, the hardest problem for any company that values quality is to overcome the urge to gain more by sacrificing such quality compromise.

So, yes, from a mere commercial point of view, popularuty is always more important. But there are other povs that matter. I personally highly value every time Anet chooses quality over cheaply pleasing the dumb masses (yes, masses ARE dumb, it has been measured). I also despise when they do choose the easy way.

I think what I’m trying to say is: If you want Anet to simply comply with wathever the masses ask, then you should go play wow, or any korean MMO. Those gemes seem much more popularity focused to me, and their quality speaks of that too.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Ardid.7203

Is this the forum bug?

Hawks

ANET FIXED STUFF =))

Ardid.7203

Quality doesn’t always go hand in hand with money. In fact, the hardest problem for any company that values quality is to overcome the urge to gain more by sacrificing such quality compromise.

So, yes, from a mere commercial point of view, popularuty is always more important. But there are other povs that matter. I personally highly value every time Anet chooses quality over cheaply pleasing the dumb masses (yes, masses ARE dumb, it has been measured). I also despise when they do choose the easy way.

I think what I’m trying to say is: If you want Anet to simply comply with wathever the masses ask, then you should go play wow, or any korean MMO. Those gemes seem much more popularity focused to me, and their quality speaks of that too.

Hawks