ANET - Forced adventures!!??

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: SirBlunticus.4258

SirBlunticus.4258

UPDATE

-Got my Dark Harvest about a week ago.
-I will Never touch a mini game AGAIN!
-Is this what they consider content???
- No replay value, (thats what you want from your game, players to say…“my god I’m finally done with that garbage…. I WILL NEVER do that again.”)
-I’d even advise anyone with red blood to forgo them, only reason I dealt with it was because it was the last thing needed for dark harvest.
-ANET seriously….i loved this game before hot, bragged about how cool it was to anyone and everyone.
YOU HAVE CHANGED THE FUNDEMENTALS OF THIS GAME FOR THE WORSE.

-What happend to play your way??? Before anyone could have fun and had their flavor of content to enjoy. Now you have no choice in the matter.

Posted by: Azathoth.2098

Azathoth.2098

I don’t know why filling the mastery bar with experience isn’t enough to get the mastery. Why even have mastery points? Seems to be a way to force you into certain content.

This ! ! !

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

- No replay value, (thats what you want from your game, players to say…“my god I’m finally done with that garbage…. I WILL NEVER do that again.”)

I imagine a lot of people will have that sentiment.

What are the rewards for completing Adventures after the mastery point?
A smattering of XP, and lame loot drops: blue, green, and rare.
..woo.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: HtFde.3856

HtFde.3856

About 4 mastery points short to unlock everything in maguuma and simply struggling to get the last. I am not terribly good at many of the adventures, havent managed to get more than bronze on scrap riffles, haymaker, drone race, fungus among us, sanctum scramble and several more. I absolutely detest the transfom adventures with jumping puzzles or kill streaks.

Drone race and bronze? That’s the one where you drive something like a motor bike? I cannot believe that. I didn’t use any skills but the 3 on two occasions on my first attempt, missed the ledge with the gate on, had to drive back and hop up and still got silver …

PMI – Dzagonur Rallybot :)

HtFde.3856

3) if you want a special skin you should expect that it has special requirements that are reasonable. There is nothing unreasonable about expecting you to complete certain content provided (such as adventures)

Oh, of course but I wonder how a professional football team would react when they’re 12:0 ahead but would lose because the referee would have a chess tournament after the football part was over and declare the other team winner because they won the chess tournament hands down.

So it is reasonable in an MMO to do MMO things for MMO content. It is not reasonable to do platform style jump and run games in an MMO to get MMO content. Before HoT appeared, JPs gave you just the chest (they could just as well have added a title) and that was it. With HoT, though, they made things mandatory that have no place in an MMO apart from a little respite for those people who like such content.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

..woo.

This post highlights ANet’s fundamental dilemma, which is how to make the game feel rewarding. The way the economy and reward structure is designed, there are a huge amount of drops that are basically worth very little, and a very few that have any wow factor. Players only feel rewarded when they run into that one drop that is so rare that it is actually noteworthy. However, if they increase the chances to get that drop, then they risk the situation that rares — and even most exotics — are in now — where they are so common as to fit into the humdrum category.

Could adventures reward more stuff that feeds into crafting precursors or Legendary items? Possibly, but here ANet risks more of the, “You make us do mini-games” complaints.

I’m not sure this is a battle ANet can win, but they need to for the ongoing health of the game.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

It take 2 minutes to do those adventures … I got got to 161 , 3 days ago.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Adventures are so fun dude and you only need silver which is very easy to do

Posted by: Broom.2561

Broom.2561

I do not understand how anyone is “forced” to do them. No one needs every mastery unlocked, thus no one needs to do every minigame.

Leyline gliding is required to access some areas (poi, hero points) you need for map completion. Map completion is required to get components for legendary weapons.
Leyline gliding is required to get some mastery points.
Leylines gliding is required to participate in some quest in the most efficient way (using leylines between islands in DS is SO much more efficient than using the updrafts).

Full Nuhoch mastery grants you an ability to shake off Chakk poison effects, which makes you more efficient in open world combat.
Full Nuhoch mastery is required to buy a component for the new legendaries.

Full Itzel mastery is required to buy a component for the new legendaries. It also gives you the ability to use adrenal mushrooms, which makes you more efficient in the open world combat.

Full Exalted mastery is required to get a component for the ascended specialization weapon collection.
Full Exalted mastery is required to buy a component for the new legendaries.
Full Exalted mastery gives you a chance to gather some of those components from mining.

So please… don’t come telling me ‘no one needs every mastery unlocked’. Personally, I want to have max combat efficiency and I would really like to get those specialization weapons some day. And MAYBE a shot at those legendaries eventually.

(edited by Broom.2561)

Broom.2561

That’s nice for you, dear, but there’s quite a lot of us who are unable for one reason or another to get those adventures done at all, let alone get all on gold. Please never start thinking that something that is easy for you should automatically be easy for others at well.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

That’s nice for you, dear, but there’s quite a lot of us who are unable for one reason or another to get those adventures done at all, let alone get all on gold. Please never start thinking that something that is easy for you should automatically be easy for others at well.

You only need Silver for max Masteries.

Also at what point would you stop nerfing adventures?
Until you can do them easily?
Until everyone playing the game can do it easily?
Do you think this will make adventures engaging for most of the player base?

Adventures will have been designed to offer some challenge but still be doable by a large portion of the player base – you might just be in the bottom % and so will struggle (you could improve with practice though).

Never assume that because something is challenging for you that it will be automaticly be challenging for others, the game needs to contain challenges to be engaging for the majority of the player base.

Posted by: Animism.6849

Animism.6849

Adventures are fine for the mastery points, as said above by Coulter.

The problem lies with the mastery points only obtainable by doing certain achievements points. NEVER before have I been forced to chase around world bosses, silly little tasks such as the dive master falling X hundred feet.
I am done with such ridiculous content, I guess I will be capped at my HoT level forever. I am not playing this rubbish, and at this point, what have I actually paid for?
The degradation of fractals? Dungeons being destroyed? 1 profession? I’ll give you the individual story – I did enjoy that.

Anet – how to make forced content where content is actually missing. We really didn’t get much for Heart of Thorns, and instead got slapped with a bunch of small achievements that are even more dull than the world events present in the rest of Tyria. (which by the way we have to do for mastery points) Ain’t that just great.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Adventures will have been designed to offer some challenge but still be doable by a large portion of the player base – you might just be in the bottom % and so will struggle (you could improve with practice though).

Never assume that because something is challenging for you that it will be automaticly be challenging for others, the game needs to contain challenges to be engaging for the majority of the player base.

They’re certainly challenging, but are they FUN? So far the general consensus seems to be “No”. Aside from a few people here on the forums, I have not met anybody in game, either in my guild or on my fairly extensive Friends list, who actually ENJOYS doing the adventures, to the point where they would do them regularly.

Rather, what seems to be happening is the majority of players are skipping the adventures (I mean, I got the bare minimum for Silver on Fallen Masks the other day, and I was still ranked 947 worldwide? You mean only 946 other players in the entire world have ever gotten better than 15??). Those that DO do the adventures are doing so grudgingly, either for Mastery points or to unlock certain collections, and then never, EVER touch them again. This is a terrible situation because it means that:

a) ANet wasted a lot of development time and energy making content that only a tiny handful of players are doing.

b) Most of the players that DID do the adventures come away with a resentful, angry experience. Not the kind of memories you want to create for your game!

I don’t want to see adventures scrapped, as I think they do have their place, but I DO think they need some rebalancing. There are some adventures I can point to that I think were done perfectly. For example, On Wings of Gold or Flying Circus. These are adventures that can be tricky at first, until you either:

a) Overcome the challenge with a combination of skill and/or experience

OR

b) Train Masteries that give you a massive advantage

For the two adventures I mentioned, trying to get Silver or Gold can be nearly impossible if all you have are Updrafts, but once you unlock Lean Techniques and Advanced Gliding, completing them becomes far easier.

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I will reiterate what was said above.

No one is forced to do anything, especially in a game with no gear race. Being ‘forced’ is the new fashion whine along with ‘gated’ and ‘Grind’ Man up and take responsibility for your own choices in life.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

HtFde.3856

The game needs challenging content that’s in style with its genre. It does not need jump and run platform elements that some find easy others find very hard – that is not challenging, that’s frustrating and stupid as well. Now, how about with the next expansion we add a singstar element where you’d have to sing along to a couple of songs and hit pitch and rhythm well enough for broinze, silver or gold.

Sounds silly? Well, no more than those pesky little mini games.

Posted by: Luac Agwayen.6419

Luac Agwayen.6419

I dont like these so called adventures either. Why are they called adventures anyway? In my understanding adventures are something totally different. These activities are overly tedious, no fun at all and they block players a lot from finishing collections mastery leveling, cause of the points locked behind. I’ve tried Sanctum Scramble for 3 days now, 127 attempts (i indeed counted!) to get the stupid silver reward, no chance. Yes i have looked up guides and vids, still i just cant get it. Other adventures i have not yet even tried to look up, cause of this frustrating experience. If i want to play a jump n run game iwouldnt play GW, the stupid jumping puzzles are already enough. Thumbs down for this content ( and that so much that the thumbs are already underground).

Broom.2561

This entire thread is full of people who have difficulties with the adventures. Some have physical issues, others have connectivity issues, and some just think the entire concept of platform mini games in an MMO is absurd. Whichever way you look at it, a lot of people have issues, and pretending those don’t exist is fairly insulting.

Your claim I and others could improve with practice is more than insulting, it’s infuriatingly dumb. Fact of life: older people tend to have slower reactions than younger. Getting younger is alas not an option. People from areas with bad ping have issues with reacting at the wrong moment because of the delay. Moving to another country for a game… er… yeah, not happening. And physical issues do not just go away with practice.

Pretending most of the player base does not have issues is… let’s say uninformed. Without actual figures, neither of us can claim most of the player base is on our side of the argument. The fact quite a number of people post here that they have issues, however, is indicative that enough people dislike them that they need looking at.

As to needing only silver for masteries: nice in theory, but I and others have found we cannot even get bronze in some of them. That automatically means you HAVE to try and get gold on at least a few.

The point here is that things we can do and like to do are locked away behind something that really should be there as a side adventure at most. We paid a lot for content that can only be fully accessed with masteries. Those masteries, this character progression, should be accessible to ALL. Keep your leader boards, your gold achievements and your bragging rights, just get the mastery points out of there.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

Love them or hate them ( I hate them) they are a great way to earn daily xp and zone currency. My only issue with the puzzles is that they are tied to specialization weapons and if you’re unlucky and get a puzzle that you’re particularly bad at you have to let a guildie log on to your account and do it for you.

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

have to let a guildie log on to your account and do it for you.

Oh yeah that’s a good plan……………………… NOT.

Never ever let somebody else log into your account, what are you people mad.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Mina.2409

Mina.2409

IMHO, I think the best solution is to give us more ways to earn MPs. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Then these adventures would become what they are in Tyria. Something different and fun to do when you feel like trying it.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

IMO, adventures are condescending, annoying and pointless. Please put them with the other annoying mini-games under ‘activities’. This is a combat MMO. Make collection items trade-able, rare or very-rare drops from champions, bosses, WvW and PvP (and you could leave them in the mini-games also for those who prefer that method, I suppose).

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Adventures are a TERRIBLE thing to gate so much content behind. Masteries? Collections? HORRIBLE.

Plus the Adventures themselves are gated by the map event cycle so you may get kicked out trying to do them. OH THE INSANITY.

I tried a couple of them and they were laughable quality. If I want something like that I’ll fire up one of my old consoles. At least the games there are playable at any time.

Currently my plan is to avoid them like the plague. Many of the end masteries are not worth much if anything anyway, and certainly not worth the pain of playing these two-bit games. I suppose if I decide there is some collection I really really want I might try one. But I doubt it.

The developer time that went into these should have been spent elsewhere. These are NOT what I bought HoT for.

WORST PART OF THE EXPANSION, in my opinion. Should be refactored out and the effort put into some other part of the game, say WVW which can be really fun.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I have no problem with challenging content. However this is sophomoric challenging content irrelevant to the rest of the game story that gates important meta content.

Bad idea. Never should have been put into the game. Should be ripped out ASAP.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

..woo.

That my main source of xp. About 50k xp daily for some place with easy gold . About doing 3 events in the map. When you know how to do them you get 50k xp each and free rare in 3 minutes//excluding hard adventure. Not too bad to visit the one that you’re good with.

If you’re not. welp. Do something else.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

I personally hate the adventures just in general and being forced into it to get mastery points just drove me away even more. Remember the good ol’days when anet wanted us to play what we like to play.

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I thought the adventures were neat when I first stumbled across a few -- racing a little car, the shooting gallery, etc. -- and then I saw that some mastery and collections are tied to them. Ah, unfortunate, as it’s no longer a for-fun mini game and part of a grind.

At least I didn’t have to pay gems to access them.

edit: It’s not that this suddenly makes the adventures themselves not fun, it’s that it means it’s likely many players will be repeating them when they’d rather not in order to attain something, and that can make them not fun.

(edited by synk.6907)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

..woo.

Exactly. Once I finally got gold with a mini-game, I’ll never touch it again. ANet really needs to adjust the gold requirement or at least make the rewards more desireable.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

But even then, the real argument here is if they are necessary or not, which in my honest opinion they are not.

Try fact, then? While you may not have to get gold on all of them, in order to unlock all the HoT masteries, you need to get at least Silver on all of them. There aren’t enough points to go around, otherwise.

Adventures are required.

Yes they are required, and at least silver, I can’t even get bronze on some of them, and others I gave up on altogether.

How can they even call this stuff “Adventures”, because it’s not an adventure, it’s torture.

Give us some other way to make these mastery points, not these crummy so called “Adventures”.

“In order to unlock all HoT masteries” they are required. However, unlocking all masteries is not.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I’ve lost interest in the game because of the H0T release and ‘new’ Deserted BL map for wvw. Oh, and to top it off the Tarrktun device decided that ‘randomly’ it can give me 6 lots of 25 shards then one 150 then 6 more 25..and then repeat the same feat later on. If I created a RNG that bad I’d be sacked- and if I could make sequences like that come up I’d have won the lottery by now. Considering it’s 100g and 250 ecto a go, you’d have thought there might be a better algorithm behind it- nope. Ho hum.

Gated/timed/locked ‘adventures’ that should be in some platform game, not GW2.

Scrolling down the list of available mastery points as per my achievement section, it appears I can spend 800 gold and get one tyria point, wait hours for a spawn on the off chance I notice the taxis and get in a good instance and manage to do something stupid to earn an achievement to get the point, or do lots of stupid things in stories 9 times (that’s if it works first time) that I hated first time and never want to repeat.

Luckily another game has Wintersday coming so I’ll go play that and just log in here for daily rewards.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

3) if you want a special skin you should expect that it has special requirements that are reasonable. There is nothing unreasonable about expecting you to complete certain content provided (such as adventures)

Oh, of course but I wonder how a professional football team would react when they’re 12:0 ahead but would lose because the referee would have a chess tournament after the football part was over and declare the other team winner because they won the chess tournament hands down.

So it is reasonable in an MMO to do MMO things for MMO content. It is not reasonable to do platform style jump and run games in an MMO to get MMO content. Before HoT appeared, JPs gave you just the chest (they could just as well have added a title) and that was it. With HoT, though, they made things mandatory that have no place in an MMO apart from a little respite for those people who like such content.

What? How does football and chess have anything to do with one another? Moreover, why would the refs…wow nevermind the logic here is just too far out there.

As to your second paragraph, yes I do consider it reasonable. Much of the game’s content prepares you for the adventures. Jumping puzzles, story instances (remember the one where you are running from Foalin?), HP challenges, etc.. So the content isn’t really all that much different. You are also not competing with other people, so your own achievement is purely based on your own ability. Finally, you see to be equating it to a win/lose situation, it isn’t. It is a completely optional quest you go on to get a purely cosmetic item that has no baring on the rest of the game. There is nothing mandatory about it. It is something optional you are choosing to do that is related to optional content.

If you had to complete adventures in order to progress the story, or to complete a mandatory dungeon, or if you needed the skin to progress your character then I MIGHT put stock in the argument. However none of that is the case.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

So if you are prepared for the arcade game part of HoT with jumping content, it somehow gets reasonable or even loredriven? Ok, we crashed in the djungle, let´s seek out that friendly looking frogmn and soo if he lets us take part in the funny game the locals play here. Yes, really legit from my point of view…^^

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

So this whole thing just reeks of “hey we used to love console platform games they will too” sort of thinking . . .

Locking important content behind annoying grindy, pointless mini-games is just foolish. A (likely small) segment of this games population do really well at them (probably because they spent their childhood playing those old platform console games) and enjoy them. I don’t because I didn’t . . . and I don’t. Just spent a couple of hours attempting three different ones – I came to the conclusion that the kittenty little games would be the last place I turn for my mastery points. I cannot believe that this is where Anet chose to put resources over a polished story and refined set of meta events.

Of the “fails” in HOT so far that have bothered me personally (elite specializations initial costs, turning verdant brink into a LFR lobby, an unfinished/unpolished story that felt rushed at the end) locking so much critical content behind mini games is the most obnoxious.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

HtFde.3856

What? How does football and chess have anything to do with one another? Moreover, why would the refs…wow nevermind the logic here is just too far out there.

As to your second paragraph, yes I do consider it reasonable. Much of the game’s content prepares you for the adventures. Jumping puzzles, story instances (remember the one where you are running from Foalin?), HP challenges, etc.. So the content isn’t really all that much different.

Are you actually aware of what RPG means? ROLE playing game – GW 2 does quite a bit to alienate you from your character – putting you into some golem suits, having you transformed into mushrooms and whatnot – breaking immersion – I have NEVER seen any MMO do something like this to the extend that ANet has done in GW2 (core) and topped of in HoT.

You – quite correctly – see that chess and football do not have ANYTHING in common – shame that you fail to see that a RPG and a jump & run platform game are about equally apart …

Baldrick.8967

My GW2 experience today: log in, grab daily log in thing, craft from drops yesterday, log out, log 5 other a/cs for daily log in.

Think about what needs to be done for masteries. Do i feel like getting frustrated today? Nope, so no gated/timed/locked advantures then. Hmm, how about something in Tyria…mastery point in a JP with no WP when you die, nah, no chance for me to complete…how about entering story and doing stupid things, nah.

Nothing to keep me interested, don’t want to get frustrated on my relaxing day after some decent golf.

Logged out, played Guild Wars instead (the completely different game). Had a blast with my alliance and some great JQ battles against humans. Frustration level= zero.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Duncanmix.5238

Duncanmix.5238

Wow, didn’t know community hated these so much…
To me there are only 2 problems:

1. u cant access them when u want and they are not instanced. After I saw scrap rifle one, makes me wonder why they didn’t make other adventures like this. They are capable of making it so. Not only will this remove boring wait, but also remove all fat norns and charrs from blocking my targets and clogging my screen.

2. remove rng element from this type of content. U cant comfortably practice something if u keep getting wrong set of targets ( shooting gallery and fallen masks). U get wrong set 10 times in row and……….. alt f4 enough rage for today.

Other than those 2 issues that personally bother me, I guess they could remove mastery points and collection. Seems people hate them for those reasons mostly.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: foxcat.4096

foxcat.4096

Did the adventure to get my druid staff got silver first time easy will probably never bother with it again.

Now comes my herald shield the one specialization weapon i was super excited to get …..and the “adventure” this is gated behind is the least fun thing i have ever done in game . Not only is the adventure locked 90% of the time when i can actually try it i spent hours and have not even managed a bronze run.

Seriously kitten this i deleted my herald in a rage quit.

And now i am starting to run low in mastery points……

HtFde.3856

Ah yes … Herald’s shield is Sanctum Sprint, right? That’s my nemesis as well.

Try for gold on a few of the easier ones …

The Scrap collecting pit in VB is easy to get gold with (just make sure you also get one or two speed mushrooms and spam F when in the middle of a few pieces),

Wings of Gold is easy once you have gliding unlocked – even a failed attemps gives me 28 – it all boils down to getting the two rows in one smooth go -

Drone Race is dead easy (although it seems there are two random pathes?) – just use your 3 skill with the ramps and 2 as soon as it is off cooldown …

The Glider race in VB becomes dead easy once you have glider fully unlocked because you can lean forward all the time – never failed this after I maxed out glider.

Then the thing in Ogre lane where you get transformed into a spark. Via Youtube I found the two shortcuts that allow me to make gold even with my non-wasd movement and my slow aiming with the mouse.

Together with the bonus from Act 1 and Act 2 and all strongboxes/mastery points I finally completed all non-raid masteries with still some adventures below silver.

For the specialization weapons … sighs … we’re in the same boat there regarding Sanctum Sprint but I am sure one day I’ll make it

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

For some reason, I thought adventures were going to be like quests, aka, an improved version of Hearts. Perhaps with even some storytelling there. But it turns out that they are nothing more than jumping puzzles/ mini-games. In the future, I would like to see some adventures use the game’s battle system. And by “some”, I mean, most of them.

I also like the concept of mastery points, it’s there so you explore as much as you can. But it gets bad when it is disruptive to your playing experience. When a player must force themselves to stop doing map events and practice adventure mini-games against their will, so that they get enough points to not have their experience earned go to waste, then something is wrong.

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I mentioned this in another thread though, if there is no way to unlock all masteries without doing the adventures its a mistake that should be changed. But if there are enough spread out over other content that adventures can be ignored then this is a fuss over nothing.

Unless I missed something there is no other way … and bronze won’t do … I calculated I’d have to get silver on most if not all to get the normal (non raid) masteries done.

Nah, I have gold on a few of the easy ones, silver on a few and bronze on other kittenty ones I refuse to do. I still have like 8 mastery points left over after maxing out all of the non-raid masteries. There are a lot of mastery points in the various maps, plus the story achievements and other such things.

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

These adventures in a fight/exploration based game, was the stupidest idea I’ve ever seen.

At some point someone mistook exploration(that is a strong point in gw2) with donkey kong game style. These are 2 complete different things.

In “good old times” i hated mario bros, donkey kong and “jumping” based games.
I started playing video-games when appeared Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat like games. I always thought that people who spend hours jumping is ppl dumb enough to not get bored with repetitive content that was just randomized. … Super Metroid is sample of legit exploration despite excessive jumping.

In Pc era, i come to RTS and fight games, then appeared MMO’s, They are doing a combination of exploration and struggle.

Then someone had the idea to clone the Donkey Kong in HOT, I’m surprised it has not yet bananas as Jungle currency.

and still call this “adventure.” Jump out there makes you a ballerina, a dancer, or a cover of Michael Jackson not a “adventurer”.

I’m paying a friend to come here at home and make the stupid mini-game for me, so take my dark Harvest.

Even make my full ascedend gear, in 30 days, grinding 4hrs per day, not appear torturous as this mini-game, if they put it for 1000 gold I would prefer the farm/grindd than submit to this humiliation.

(edited by ugrakarma.9416)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

But even then, the real argument here is if they are necessary or not, which in my honest opinion they are not.

Try fact, then? While you may not have to get gold on all of them, in order to unlock all the HoT masteries, you need to get at least Silver on all of them. There aren’t enough points to go around, otherwise.

Adventures are required.

Yes they are required, and at least silver, I can’t even get bronze on some of them, and others I gave up on altogether.

How can they even call this stuff “Adventures”, because it’s not an adventure, it’s torture.

Give us some other way to make these mastery points, not these crummy so called “Adventures”.

“In order to unlock all HoT masteries” they are required. However, unlocking all masteries is not.

For map completion, for the full game experience, which we paid for, they are.

You can take the existential “well technically nothing is required” sentiment to the dumpster it came from, because that includes living in real life, and it’s an idiotic one to have when talking about game design.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

ugrakarma.9416

about masteries, with strongboxes+magumma insights(something like vistas) u can avoid much these mini-games.

what i reached without these morons mini-games.

-Exalted 5/5. (required for dark harvest).
-Gliding 5/6. (4/6 is required for dark harvest).
-Itzel 4/6.
-Nuhoc 4/6. (required for dark harvest).

i didnt have yet full Tangled Strong boxes/insights and not dragon stand strongboxes/insights yet.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

What irritates me is that I have played enough to get experience for 3 more masteries but lack the actual mastery points because I have no luck in the adventures. I frankly can’t attempt the bug one anymore because it makes me motion sick so I need to move on. I’ve tried to get the one in the pit but it is never available due to meta’s running.

The experience is enough of a grind especially considering DR, that we shouldn’t even need the mastery points in the first place but if you’re determined to keep them try adding more in normal content rather than forcing people into these terrible little mini games.

Why not upgrade the current ones that are veterans into champions once you’ve completed them once they become more difficult to do again?

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

ugrakarma.9416

The proponents of adventures, are missing the main point, this style of play completely beyond the style of the majority of mmo gamers. Many of them are interested in fights or exploration. And worse than jumping(donkey kong/mario bros factor) is the random content. Even a “Tetris” mini-game would be less detestable.

HtFde.3856

What irritates me is that I have played enough to get experience for 3 more masteries but lack the actual mastery points because I have no luck in the adventures. I frankly can’t attempt the bug one anymore because it makes me motion sick so I need to move on. I’ve tried to get the one in the pit but it is never available due to meta’s running.

You can solo the Reaver’s meta … be prepared to die once or twice in the fight in the ruins (where the two NPCs split) and thus unlock it yourself. Doesn’t take too long and if you have a lamp/apple and use map chat to announce what you are doing you probably won’t be alone the whole journey which helps a lot with mortar running.

Baldrick.8967

You can solo the Reaver’s meta … be prepared to die once or twice in the fight in the ruins (where the two NPCs split) and thus unlock it yourself. Doesn’t take too long and if you have a lamp/apple and use map chat to announce what you are doing you probably won’t be alone the whole journey which helps a lot with mortar running.

That pretty much describes why this gating is so bad. Unless you have plenty of time and are on when you can trigger the event, do the event, and then finally unlock the ‘adventure’, you can’t even access the kitten things.

Nvm, let me know when they sort these out or add some decent ones in Tyria that aren’t gated behind JPs.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

Is this true ?

I see 1 mastery point listed for silver and another 1 for gold.

Or, is it just one mastery point total ?

I haven’t bothered much with these adventures annoying pieces of content for obvious reasons (I hate these things with a passion just like I hate JP’s)

EDIT

Confirmed.
you get one MP for silver.
and one more for gold.

yeah, I don’t like where this is going one bit !!!
these BS pieces of content, just like JP’s should be optional….
gating precious progression mastery points behind them is NOT what I paid for !!!

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

(edited by latinkuro.7304)

Posted by: Faramir.3582

Faramir.3582

Adventures are awful and badly implemented.How i feel about them?From indifference(when I have heard about them) to bad feeling(when i saw how many mastery point are gated behind them) to dislike with passion(after i have done some of them for mastery points.)You cant unlock all masteries without them,you cant get your specialization weapon without them,you cant get any of new legendary weapons implemented with HoT without them.
Anet is fully aware of the fact that neither JPs nor various activities are popular among majority of players.And yet they choose to completely ignore the fact and implemented the adventures.Anet intentionally choose to gate behind them mastery points(of which there are not enough in general PvE -by design),new legendary weapons,specialization weapons.Therefore forcing people to spend their game time doing adventures (which judging from the endless “queues” outside them are not exactly popular) if they want to craft new legendary weapon or get their specialization weapon or unlock all masteries.
I have done some of them(got gold in few of easiest ones) and no I did not like them-not at all.Still need 2 more points to unlock last mastery line-sooner or later will do more of these awful adventures.After that-as many have said it will be Never again!
Adventures are not fun,awful,badly implemented,with lots of RNG,timers for some of them are too short.I have read many good suggestions how to improve them none of which will be implemented actually simply because Anet will not change their direction-will continue gating things behind them.At very least should be equal number of mastery points available in PvE(not gated behind rubbish as JPs and adventures) and adventure requirement should be either removed(my preferred option) or lowered to bronze for all specialization collections. Sure set the number of points you can get and let players choose how to get them-by doing activities they actually like and not forcing annoying awful little games on them.

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Funny thing is, fixing this is really simple – they need to make the bronze and not the silver a part of the collections.

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Timed restraints, locked behind events and high ping in HoT maps. I need a few more for max Exalted and it’s not looking good, not for lack of trying on my part.

Love GW2, but these “adventures” notsomuch. When they were first announced, I thought okay cool, a little something for extra achievements, not something that would get in the way of game progression for a lot of people, including myself.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!