ANET please nerf HoT

ANET please nerf HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: WAR.8465

WAR.8465

You are butchering your own game with this. The map is empty and its so frustrating to solo anything , i didn’t buy this game to get a headche . i mean its doable its just frustrating. so if anyone gan reply to me ‘’ L2P NUB !! ’’ well i know how to kittening play its just i dont want to spam refresh party search waiting for the meta to happen so i can get rewards easy like everyone is doing , i wanna play the game and enjoy the game not die every second because the map is empty because nobody want to do it because its hard .

please nerf kthnxbai

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Chill matey. The good news is that we think that some sort of nerf is on it’s way in the big quarterly update, due sometime this month but we don’t really know the details.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Highness.9061

Highness.9061

I totally agree with this . Anet need to do something .

Strike while the iron is hot ????????

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

I understand how you feel. I took a level 33 Guardian into the HoT maps a few weeks ago to get some hero points unlocked. Everything would kill me in one hit and I couldn’t kill anything or even do enough damage to tag mobs for events. I did get 140 Hero Points spread out across three maps, but I did eventually reach a point where I couldn’t feasibly progress any further and had to head into other areas instead. So maybe the difficulty could be tuned down a little.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I understand how you feel. I took a level 33 Guardian into the HoT maps a few weeks ago to get some hero points unlocked. Everything would kill me in one hit and I couldn’t kill anything or even do enough damage to tag mobs for events. I did get 140 Hero Points spread out across three maps, but I did eventually reach a point where I couldn’t feasibly progress any further and had to head into other areas instead. So maybe the difficulty could be tuned down a little.

Not sure if your joking or serious.

At op. Mobs not a problem, some HC’s just not solo friendly. Meta times could use a cut Dow, but I think that’s being addressed. As others have said, the April update will “fix” some HoT things, what they are we don’t know for sure.

My first time through HoT with my warrior was hard. My Guard was a little easier, my ranger walked it, and my rev is roflstomping his way through. So, some of your problem might be L2P OP.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Emerik.7846

Emerik.7846

is this a joke? I’m happy with the difficulty. everything else in the game is basically a face roll. I am so sick of easy maps. If you cant solo mobs your doing something wrong. If you need hp’s use mapchat. Learn a bit of patience. Team up with your guild as someone suggested. But nerf? that’s just silly. This game caters to the casual as is, please leave some open world content worthwhile for us others looking for a challenge.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: kirima san.3760

kirima san.3760

Difficulty isnt the problem if you ask me, its that you need other players for exactly everything. Today I wanted to help my gf get some Exalted Masks in VB, just go and press F on them. We go there and find the whole map more or less locked down and closed, we must taxi in people, tag up and clear the events in order to open the roads.

All we wanted was to fight some monsters and get the masks we came for, now we find ourselves leading a map.

ANET please nerf HoT

DoctorDing.5890

Difficulty is a problem for some players. That’s why they keep mentioning it. Telling them how easy you personally find it is not especially helpful.

I think that the difficulty level of open world HoT is too hard and that adjusting it will make HoT more inclusive and more fun, and thus probably improve it for everyone except a small minority who seem to want to keep it for themselves.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Difficulty isnt the problem if you ask me, its that you need other players for exactly everything. Today I wanted to help my gf get some Exalted Masks in VB, just go and press F on them. We go there and find the whole map more or less locked down and closed, we must taxi in people, tag up and clear the events in order to open the roads.

All we wanted was to fight some monsters and get the masks we came for, now we find ourselves leading a map.

I would agree with this, most of HoT requires a map to be active if you want to do almost anything.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I duoed most events in HoT. Some events are too hard to do without a partner, but most are fine with 2 or 3 people, if not soloable.

That doesn’t mean they are easy though. Sometimes I need to run from the waypoint many a few times. It’s not a walk in the park. But personally I don’t mind it up to the point of frustration.

But if I see any event chain being run by 6 or more people it’s usually scaling up already, usually making it too easy for my taste. Which is where it balances the other way.

I dunno, I would personally suggest to get 1 or 2 friends to join you. Sometimes it’s not nescessary as other soloers or duoers are about, but having a few to run events with makes the game alot more fun.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

Not only that, but the reward for HoT’s harder content is still just as bland and terrible as the core game. That’s why I ultimately stopped bothering with HoT.

Drops were just as bad as core game, anything I ‘might’ have wanted is locked behind grinding for dozens of different types of currency after I have to grind through masters just to talk to the vendors, and the final nail was that the story- which everyone says is incredibly short- is gated behind just as much grind. All of these are the fundamental flaws with HoT and why casuals bash it so hard.

I’m pro harder content, by all means make it, but put it in instances. I loved LS season 2 because of the encounters, yeah if you do them more than once or twice or look them up they’re easy- so are the raids to be honest or any encounter in HoT because that’s cheating- but going solo and figuring it out on my own was enjoyable. What was the most enjoyable aspect of them, though, was that my failures and successes at the encounters were completely independent of everyone else because they were instanced. Harder content belongs in instances- why Anet decided to mess yet another thing about MMOs up that wasn’t broken- or even an issue- is beyond me.

If they ‘have’ to keep the difficulty where it is, they should at least up the rewards a bit to make it more appealing to those with limited time to play.

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

You are butchering your own game with this. The map is empty and its so frustrating to solo anything , i didn’t buy this game to get a headche . i mean its doable its just frustrating. so if anyone gan reply to me ‘’ L2P NUB !! ’’ well i know how to kittening play its just i dont want to spam refresh party search waiting for the meta to happen so i can get rewards easy like everyone is doing , i wanna play the game and enjoy the game not die every second because the map is empty because nobody want to do it because its hard.

please nerf kthnxbai

I’d argue that it has very little to do players feeling that the game was hard that has more and more gamers getting their gaming fix elsewhere. In my opinion, its that the expansion was very small content-wise, introduced a level of grind well above the norm for the game, and forces players into HoT to make any progress. The result is that a fairly content light expansion feels even smaller and grindier.

There really was several strange direction decisions made with regards to the expansion that has myself and likely many others wondering what happened here. To be reasonable, there is only so much game that can be created and polished in a year and a half or so, and I really believe that GW2 is going to struggle with many of the same issues that hurt HoT.

Anyway, the game is not dead but its absolutely bleeding, more likely hemorrhaging, active players and has been since shortly after xmas. To make matters worse, the cycle time is quite long until players will see the fruits of whatever the devs are working on currently. So if you are, like so many others already, logging on and immediately quickly asking yourself why you’ve logged in; take a break, or play something else. You can always comeback to GW2 if and when something new gets released. No sense dragging your face down a cheese grater for months on end in the meantime. Remember games are ment to be fun, and persistent games by design want you keep playing well past the point of having fun.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Damio Roncartia.7041

Damio Roncartia.7041

I always kind of laugh at these threads, because I was on the minute HoT went live, and the nerfs have been real. Current HoT is a cakewalk compared to what it was when it first went live. HP difficulty has been nerfed into the floor, enemy damage and numbers have been reduced, terrain hazards have been all but removed in some areas. I recently revisited a few a few HPs on alts I had been actively avoiding because of how maddeningly frustrating they were at release, like the champion frog in the canopy over VB, or the Mordrem in the abandoned temple at the low area of the start of VB, only to find that the frog had been turned into a commune, and the champion Mordrem had been turned into a vet. Let’s not forget the Vampire Broodmother who could insta-heal herself to full in the canopy too. There have already been plenty of nerfs, and the difficulty scale has reached a point where it’s fun, but not unbearable. Anymore, and it’s going to become as mind-numbingly easy as the rest of Tyria. I’m not normally one to say this seriously, but guys, git gud.

(edited by Damio Roncartia.7041)

ANET please nerf HoT

DoctorDing.5890

I always kind of laugh at these threads, because I was on the minute HoT went live, and the nerfs have been real. Current HoT is a cakewalk compared to what it was when it first went live. HP difficulty has been nerfed into the floor, enemy damage and numbers have been reduced, terrain hazards have been all but removed in some areas. I recently revisited a few a few HPs on alts I had been actively avoiding because of how maddeningly frustrating they were at release, like the champion frog in the canopy over VB, or the Mordrem in the abandoned temple at the low area of the start of VB, only to find that the frog had been turned into a commune, and the champion Mordrem had been turned into a vet. Let’s not forget the Vampire Broodmother who could insta-heal herself to full in the canopy too. There have already been plenty of nerfs, and the difficulty scale has reached a point where it’s fun, but not unbearable. Anymore, and it’s going to become as mind-numbingly easy as the rest of Tyria. I’m not normally one to say this seriously, but guys, git gud.

Yeah, you are a real hero. See above.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Jushiohara.9140

Jushiohara.9140

Agreed. Glad i didnt have to type out my own response cause this covers it. People need to stop crying about things and just learn how to play it. I had 0 trouble roaming solo on the HOT maps on exotic zerk ranger before the first nerf. Please stop trying to make the entire game beginner level people.

The Sylvari Ranger

ANET please nerf HoT

Damio Roncartia.7041

Agreed. Glad i didnt have to type out my own response cause this covers it. People need to stop crying about things and just learn how to play it. I had 0 trouble roaming solo on the HOT maps on exotic zerk ranger before the first nerf. Please stop trying to make the entire game beginner level people.

I’m running around on a full zerk Daredevil. I am the definition of squishy, and can survive just fine solo.

The chief problem is people grow so use to how mind numbing Tyria is, there is a considerable disconnect with HoT. It makes the moderate difficulty seem outlandish, when it’s anything but. It gives the illusion of impossible difficulty because the rest of the game is stupid easy.

Honestly, if people took the time to adjust, and acknowledge the disconnect between the two parts of the game, they’d find HoT to be pretty fun. A lot more fun than the rest of Tyria, which I could probably do in a coma.

ANET please nerf HoT

Damio Roncartia.7041

Yeah, you are a real hero. See above.

Right back at you. See what I just said above. I’ll even elaborate.

HoT is challenging, not overly difficult. We’re use to the cakewalk that is the rest of Tyria. We’ve spent years on content that we can, at this point, probably do in our sleep. I can solo champions throughout the rest of the game like they’re trash mobs. And now we’re provided with something moderately challenging, which is such a drastic contrast to what we’ve grown use to. It creates this illusion of impossible odds and overwhelming difficulty, when in reality it’s just making us actually pay attention and try. Makes us work on dodge timing, skill rotation and mastering our build, which a game should do anyway. If you can breeze through the game without trying, it grows dull fast.

In short, it’s not a problem of game difficulty. It’s an issue of player laziness cultivated through years of easy content.

ANET please nerf HoT

DoctorDing.5890

In short, it’s not a problem of game difficulty. It’s an issue of player enjoyment cultivated through years of fun content.

Fixed that for ya. Enjoy your next game.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Banaghran.7510

Banaghran.7510

While i understand the frustrated wvw and pvp crowd, not everyone is really interested in playing pvp with trash mobs that have quite hefty hps and damage, as the environment has not been tuned just to be difficult, but outwardly punishing, frogs, smokescales, always something to jump one at the cost of 3/4 of hp…

On the other hand, tongue in cheek, we could say that it is within the theme of the game, we are supposed to feel rewarded by heaps junk and powerful and special by dying to some trash mob non-critting us for 10k+.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

The real issue is just kittenty tools for actually finding maps with people and playing with them.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

ANET please nerf HoT

Damio Roncartia.7041

Fixed that for ya. Enjoy your next game.

If your idea of fun is mind-numbing monotony through almost painfully easy content you can do half-asleep, then I guess that’s good for you. I actually prefer mental stimulation and a bit of a challenge from my games.

But I’m already enjoying this game, thanks. No need for a “next game.” The content is just fine where it is.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Highness.9061

Highness.9061

You guys forgot that we are fighting lvl 81+ mobs some have red names ? while we didn’t get any level cap increase ?

i honestly didn’t understand this part, what were they thinking ?
all i got was a new off weapon that is useless and an f2 skill that is also useless >.>

Strike while the iron is hot ????????

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

But I’m already enjoying this game, thanks. No need for a “next game.” The content is just fine where it is.

Point is, most of the players seem to think otherwise, up to the point that Anet acknowledged they have a problem. The content staying as it is means game getting dead. Then you will need to find a next one.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

The HoT maps need a overhaul in a couple of areas. One being the Mega Server System in the map being absolutely terrible to deal with the participation system. This has even been confirmed by John Smith as being a problem with the new areas being attached to these mechanics. Next would be the Diminishing Return system with the new liner map timed meta areas. You need to spend a lot of time in these maps but the DR system kicks in way too soon on any of these maps. So it’s very counter productive. Also the LFG system need to be updated badly for all the new areas. Finally there needs to be a better balance for these new currency map “rewards.” There is no reason why some of these rewards (especially the ones in Dragon Stand) should be that obnoxious to get.

Alright, as for this next balance update fixing some of these elements. I kind of doubt it. The only thing that we seem to be getting is scribing according to Mike. Which is going to really disappointing if that is the only thing that gets fixed.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Point is, most of the players seem to think otherwise, up to the point that Anet acknowledged they have a problem. The content staying as it is means game getting dead. Then you will need to find a next one.

Just less servers, and less players doesn’t mean you would need to find a next game.

Wordings as the game getting “dead” is mostly preaching to the choir, it’s not convincing anyone who is actually playing the game.

I could play this game easily with 4 other players. And my server was not too active before the mega server and we got things done just fine. In fact when maps are closing, I still get things done with my friends just fine. Furthermore, I get more things done and more enjoyment when not everything is being zerged to death. Events are more up, the event chains can be played through from start to finish. I personally don’t have a real problem with the game being emptier.

Anyway, the game is dead once it’s not being played at all.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: LazySummer.2568

LazySummer.2568

For people that says to git gud, can you guys post videos of you soloing the Champion Mushroom Queen HP under Rata Novus in TD and the Vampire Broodmother HP in VB? Pls I need to learn how to properly play this game

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The HoT zones remind me of something I encountered during my Pen and Paper RPG days, a little book called “Grimtooth’s Dungeon of Doom”.

The Grimtooth books were collections of traps for use in tabletop games, presented with wit, sarcasm, and lethality rating. The Dungeon, however, was an entire adventure pre-made with a ton of traps.

Now, one problem with GDoD is that if you’re not ready for it and in the right mindset, it’s entirely not fun. There are very few fights in there, very few uses for combat skills at all. The traps, however… they were not just around every corner, the corner itself was sometimes a trap. Fighters and Barbarians need not apply for this adventure.

The other problem was that, even if you had a party that was built for this and players that were of the right mindset, a few bad rolls right at the beginning could turn you off of the adventure before it even gets started. Just opening the door could kill multiple party members with bad rolls, and by the time you’re down the first corridor you could be looking at a full party wipe. Even if you restarted, that first impression doesn’t go away, and many players would be see the rest of the dungeon through poo colored glasses.

This is where HoT lands. Some of us don’t like to play that way, we’re the guy that rolled the combat monster and enjoyed the combat rampage we could do. It was light hearted fun, but it’s not what HoT is built for. Others just landed in bad situations early on, and it’s simply turned them off of the content. They’re not bad players, and telling them that they’d enjoy it if they weren’t really doesn’t make them feel any better.

The devs are going to try to do some fixes on HoT, but they know that for some people it’s simply a lost cause. I think that’s part of the reason they’re already working on a new expansion. They can’t really fix HoT, so it’s better to move on to something that’s hopefully better.

Those of you that enjoy HoT, I hope you can continue to enjoy it even after the incoming changes. But if you don’t, realize that you likely won’t like what comes in the next expansion, either.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Players complained that the game was too easy, toughness was worthless, and warrior was king. Now we have a segment where toughness wasn’t such a bad idea, you can’t just swing a Greatsword and expect to win, and you are actually required to think before you cast aggro and maybe pick and choose your battles for once while also playing to your strengths.

And players hate it.

Funny that.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

For people that says to git gud, can you guys post videos of you soloing the Champion Mushroom Queen HP under Rata Novus in TD and the Vampire Broodmother HP in VB? Pls I need to learn how to properly play this game

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_vampire_beasts

“Defeat the vampire beasts is a level 80 hero challenge group event that occurs in the Canopy over Pact Encampment after interacting with Pile of Guano.”

""Defeat the vampire beasts is a level 80 hero challenge group event"

" a level 80 hero challenge group event"

“group event”

ANET please nerf HoT

LazySummer.2568

“Defeat the vampire beasts is a level 80 hero challenge group event that occurs in the Canopy over Pact Encampment after interacting with Pile of Guano.”

“group event”

exactly, so “git gud” doesn’t even apply because all you need to do is to put up map chat and lfg asking for help on an HP in the middle of nowhere and hope 20 people come help you so it can become 11111 fest. But i guess it is challenging content indeed when everyone else is either in SAB or has removed the game

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: AndyJo.8794

AndyJo.8794

“group event”

exactly, so “git gud” doesn’t even apply because all you need to do is to put up map chat and lfg asking for help on an HP in the middle of nowhere and hope 20 people come help you so it can become 11111 fest. But i guess it is challenging content indeed when everyone else is either in SAB or has removed the game

Literally 3 people. Hell, two can do it if they both know what the word “kiting” means. I have never once had to LFG a hero point. So yeah, going to go back to the above image on that one.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Tbh I don’t find HoT bad at all. I mean, yes, sometimes you got to try and hop maps a little til you find people if what you’re looking for means you need a group. Otherwise, once I figured out what HoT needs, I got my chars ready and I’m having loads of fun – well except Tangled Depths, I hate that map.
My issue with HoT is different. The drops. The drops are abysmal.
After I did the Dragon Stand meta for the first time, I probably did it since at least 50 times. I have yet to get something else from the dragon’s chest besides 5 machete and 3 green gear. I get way better drops in SW. WAY better.
So I practically do both DS and AB metas just for QUANTITY of drops, not for quality – I happen to work on a leg so need loads of mithril, and also getting another one of my chars garbed in ascended so need mats for that too.
Otherwise, I play HoT for fun, not for drops. THAT is the major area that needs worked.

ANET please nerf HoT

LazySummer.2568

“group event”

Literally 3 people. Hell, two can do it if they both know what the word “kiting” means. I have never once had to LFG a hero point. So yeah, going to go back to the above image on that one.

I was being sarcastic because that’s basically what HP are. There’s nothing challenging about any of the HPs because there are no special mechanics to them. You literally bring in more people and you win. Real challenging contents have mechanics such that if you play correctly (reflect / dodge / kite / cc…etc), it should be soloable or no amount of extra people should fix things if nobody knows what they are doing (Triple Trouble for example).

Btw you and the other person must be the kite masters if you can just kite either of the HP I mentioned without falling off or making the HP champ reset. Pretty gud. (bs, you will need to cc and take turns using your dodges, and I don’t even know if the mushroom queen HP is doable with just 3 people unless you guys have pets to tank)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Tbh I don’t find HoT bad at all. I mean, yes, sometimes you got to try and hop maps a little til you find people if what you’re looking for means you need a group. Otherwise, once I figured out what HoT needs, I got my chars ready and I’m having loads of fun – well except Tangled Depths, I hate that map.
My issue with HoT is different. The drops. The drops are abysmal.
After I did the Dragon Stand meta for the first time, I probably did it since at least 50 times. I have yet to get something else from the dragon’s chest besides 5 machete and 3 green gear. I get way better drops in SW. WAY better.
So I practically do both DS and AB metas just for QUANTITY of drops, not for quality – I happen to work on a leg so need loads of mithril, and also getting another one of my chars garbed in ascended so need mats for that too.
Otherwise, I play HoT for fun, not for drops. THAT is the major area that needs worked.

Buffing the rewards so they are at least on par with SW would make people go to the HoT maps, there is no need to increase or decreased difficulty right now…

Except the frogs, they deal way too much damage, spam stealth, are very mobile and everything else. Did you reflect the projectiles that take 50% of you HP if you don’t have Toughness/Vitality? Well that’s useless because they’re are immune to projectiles, including their own. I fear the normal frogs more than veterans of any other enemy in the freaking maps. They are not fun, the end.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I posted one awhile back in the thiefs forum on soloing the Champion Arrowhead. I’ve done the Broodmother, but never bothered to make a guide for it.

Most of the Champion HPs can be soloed with some practice. There is only a couple in HoT that I consider to be really overtuned. One is the Champion Mushroom Queen and the other is the Champion Bladedancer.

To be fair though, it’s also class dependent. The only reason I have been able to solo most of the champion HPs is because I play a daredevil. The fact that our weapon skills are bound to fixed cooldowns, we have a larger energy bar and we regenerate energy faster is what allows me out to cycle their offensive rotations.

To be honest, there is nothing exceptionally difficult about HoT except for a few areas. The mob AI patterns are just as simplistic as they were before and the telegraphing on their abilities just as blatant.

It’s not challengingly difficult; it’s just annoying. It’s the lazy game developer way of creating the appearance of challenge by just making everything do a lot of damage. Once you get over that and break down their mechanics, most of it is trivial.

There is some unique exceptions to that though, mainly Mushroom Queens, Bladedancers and Shadowleapers; their damage pressure is just way over the top.

Snipers are kind of up there, too, but not as bad. They are manageable if you know how to approach the fight.

I have issues with HoT, but it’s not because of the difficulty. It barely even scratches the surface of difficulty in other game. My gripes are with how utterly and complety kittenty the LFG tool and how it is NOT designed at all for finding megaserver instances and the DR system on the loot. This game was NOT ready to support map metas on this kind of scale.

If it was easier to actually find other people, it won’t be that bad at all. I have no trouble pulling a map together if I take the lead as a commander and taxi it in. But without someone to do that, everyone just ends up on sparsely populated maps.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

I had absolutely no difficulty completing any of the HoT content. Of course, you need a map to complete the one meta (dragon stand), but still.

Creatures in game expansions should be more challenging than the core game. Based upon the fact that you’re supposed to complete the core game before diving right into HoT. If you’re trying to complete HoT without at least a max level with exotic gear, you’re going to struggle. This content was intended for players who know how to play, how do dodge, when to properly use skills, and how events work.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I had absolutely no difficulty completing any of the HoT content. Of course, you need a map to complete the one meta (dragon stand), but still.

Creatures in game expansions should be more challenging than the core game. Based upon the fact that you’re supposed to complete the core game before diving right into HoT. If you’re trying to complete HoT without at least a max level with exotic gear, you’re going to struggle. This content was intended for players who know how to play, how do dodge, when to properly use skills, and how events work.

Should, maybe. The problem is that mobs in any game expansion I’ve played have as a rule been no harder than those in the base game (assuming you were on level or so and didn’t still have core game gear). Hard mobs were pretty much restricted to dungeons and raids, with a few exceptions if the game offered open world group quests.

If others also had that experience in other games, they might expect the same here.

So, the problem is…

1. The difficulty in HoT was aimed to address the complaints about the game being too easy. Thus, it was only aimed at the part of the player-base that thought that. There’s a part of the player-base that finds core challenging enough. If the number of downed I see every time I play in core is any indication, that part is not small.
  2. ANet tied access to future story and desirable features to HoT because they wanted to sell it to as many players as possible.

So, yeah, ANet advertised HoT mobs as more challenging. What that means for anyone who was fine with the existing challenge levels is that HoT — already under fire for being light on content — has very little (to no) content aimed at them. But they still had to buy it if they wanted LS3, the Rev and the Elite specs.

This is, I believe, why WoW and the games that emulate it put the hard content in instances, and WoW even has easy and hard mode instances. I’m not sure what Anet will do with the next XPac, but I don’t think it will turn out better for them if they alienate either group.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: lagrangewei.8516

lagrangewei.8516

what they need to do is to short the meta cycle… seriously i have to wait almost an hour for darkness to do my achievement? who’s bright idea was that?

RAWR~
Feed the Merlion… before the Merlion feed on YOU!

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

The only part of the difficulty I don’t like are things such as certain hp that require a group. I’m a solo player and I hate having to try and find someone to help. Some classes that really isn’t much of an issue but for others it is

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Cambios.7451

Cambios.7451

I sincerely hope they are not going to ever again make any of these vertical/overlapping maps. They are miserable to play in.

Displays are 2 dimensional, and that is why video games tend to avoid heavy overlapping/vertical space maps. They are just frustrating as heck and not fun.

The painfulness of navigation in HoT just isn’t fun. I much prefer traditional style like the vanilla GW2 world.

Also, in general I dislike the “forced grouping” that dominates HoT.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

You are butchering your own game with this.

With what exactly?

The map is empty and its so frustrating to solo anything , i didn’t buy this game to get a headche.

I usually see people running around, maps aren’t always full, but that is a given. It depends on when i am online.
That is just not something that it easy to fix.
What else?

i mean its doable its just frustrating. so if anyone gan reply to me ‘’ L2P NUB !! ’’ well i know how to kittening play its just i dont want to spam refresh party search waiting for the meta to happen so i can get rewards easy like everyone is doing

So, you say you know how to play. Then you say everyone is able to get easy exp.
Then you complain, because you aren’t able to do it. Isn’t that contradicting?

Also, you say that it is doable. Which measn you know how it should be done, but you don’t want to do it?

i wanna play the game and enjoy the game not die every second because the map is empty because nobody want to do it because its hard .

please nerf kthnxbai

All joking aside. Yes, the way the new maps work isn’t perfect.
However it is, as you say, doable.

They are aware of the problem and want to change it.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Mobs are fine, I can move through any map without too many issues, running through raptors and smokescales is suicide so just take your time to either kill them or avoid them.
The map that everyone complains about, tangled depths is actually when you look at it very easy to navigate, hint use the skills you have developed and don’t blindly stumble through the tunnels.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Right now, I think there are only two problems with HoT’s maps:
1. Megaserver issues. And this is probably the cause of all actual issues, from population, to terrible map activity.
2. Poor rewards.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

In the beginning I would have HATED a nerf to the difficulty of HoT maps… But in the beginning the maps where always full…

Right now, with empty maps is basically impossible to do them alone.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Mobs are fine, I can move through any map without too many issues, running through raptors and smokescales is suicide so just take your time to either kill them or avoid them.
The map that everyone complains about, tangled depths is actually when you look at it very easy to navigate, hint use the skills you have developed and don’t blindly stumble through the tunnels.

I get you, but I believe they are talking about the events, HP, and other content and achievements that ppl cant get because they are not in a YUGE Zerk Squad like before.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Just less servers, and less players doesn’t mean you would need to find a next game.

Sure, but developers stopping work on the game (because there’s not enough people to pay for it) would. And if numbers would drop down even further, then complete shutdown is not impossible.

Wordings as the game getting “dead” is mostly preaching to the choir, it’s not convincing anyone who is actually playing the game.

Anyone that’s paying attention to numbers knows the population is going down, a lot.

I could play this game easily with 4 other players. And my server was not too active before the mega server and we got things done just fine. In fact when maps are closing, I still get things done with my friends just fine. Furthermore, I get more things done and more enjoyment when not everything is being zerged to death. Events are more up, the event chains can be played through from start to finish. I personally don’t have a real problem with the game being emptier.

Anet would. Because less people means less income. They are not running a charity, they won’t be sustaining this game at a cost.

Anyway, the game is dead once it’s not being played at all.

Yes. That happens when they shut the game down. And NCSoft is known for that (just look at CoH/CoV) when they think the numbers are down too much.

So, you should worry about it. Unless of course you are offering now to fund the whole game by yourself.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I have a feeling that some people don’t want to bring certain utility skills to traverse the map, this fits perfectly the “L2P” factor no matter how angry they are. Some reflects help a lot, and leap skills too (to get past crowded places).

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The #1 thing that needs to change is making the hero points in HoT work like the ones in the core game (ie, intended to be done by one player). You should not have to depend on other players to do basic map completion, it’s by far the most solo-unfriendly part of HoT (if you don’t count meta events).

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: blueberry.2504

blueberry.2504

It doesnt need nerfing, but needs a rework to make it more playable for normal sized groups of players. and a base of solo playability. Just like the vanilla game. Last thing which needs to be adressed is more freedom to explore and adventure.
This will all stand or fall with what the spring update will bring.

(edited by blueberry.2504)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: bananaman.1685

bananaman.1685

+1 to nerfing it. You might even persuade me to buy it, despite it seeming to attract people who think it is acceptable to chant “l2p” at every opportunity.