ANET please nerf HoT

ANET please nerf HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

You’re the reason games are kitten nowadays. Now get off my lawn.

He is also the reason MMO games now have populations bigger by one ot two (sometimes three) orders of magnitude.

Should have stayed like that. Why buy a game that you don’t want to play?

I don’t understand the question. Those games nowadays are aimed at people like him. In fact, they wouldn’t even exist otherwise. The resource requirements are so high that small populations of the old days would never be able to fund their production.

But if you don’t like it, i’m pretty sure that Ultima Online and Everquest still exist. Not sure if they have adjusted to the new times (they might have), so if you’re really desperate, some of the original MUDs (including the one EQ was based on) are still running as well.

I did play Ultima online, and occasionally still do. My initial point still stands though. HoT is perfectly fine in terms of difficulty. Sure, somethings you can’t solo, but that’s the point. You’re not supposed to complete outpost events in Verdant Brink alone, the whole point is to have spread out groups to complete them. It’s an MMO after all. If you can’t solo an hero point, you can always ask for help in map chat.

(edited by Davey.7029)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

I agree on some fixing related to Solo gameplay in HoT, but reducing mobs to that of vanilla PvE mobs, is not good idea, since you can simply just “AFK ranger with attack button under weight and allow your pet to slaughter the mobs that spawn near you” and this is an allowed exploit of the game while getting quite ok amounts of loot.

In my opinion, the Vanilla content should be fixed to match more closely to that of HoT, mobs that can kill you, if you just resort on “Stand-Spam-DPS-passivedefense”, which is against the game design ANet wanted for GW2: active defense and every profession must be viable in any role (DPS, Support or Control).

Vanilla content (or “zhaitan campaign”) punishes heavily every other build, but favors full berserker DPS builds with passive defense.

Mobs in vanilla PvE have very high HP which is used to counter conditions, low armor which increases direct dmg, weak and/or bugged abilities which renders Control useless and use no boons/conditions which renders boon/condition manipulations useless.
Good example where ANet going lazy with mob design: “Echoes of the Past”, mobs have insane amounts of HP, even for Berserker builds to deal with, while retain their abilities that don’t function, a complete kitten up by ANet’s part.
Also the mentality of “9 billion HP = harder” should be dropped, since it goes against the GW2 gameplay design…

Or ANet should split mobs into two groups or something: Solo mobs (retains the power to kill “stand-spam-DPS-passivedefense” buitds within few seconds) and Horde mobs (relies on the horde for DPS and are less powerful due to the huge numbers), as an example.

The very idea that vanilla mobs are easier is one of the many reasons, why players don’t play on HoT, when they can get same rewards easier in the vanilla maps, without putting as much effort in it.

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

(edited by FrostSpectre.4198)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

+1 to nerfing it

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Don’t listen to those against the nerf the official forums are notorious for thier white knights however the truth is they stated a while back the the spring quartely update would be address the issues that were brought up and bringing HoT back in line with the Core. These knights are the reason the game is in decline and why HoT failed they stifle out any criticism or suggestion and cherish the moves taken to support the Esport as well while the numbers decline.

Brinign HoT in line with core will help some but many have already left this wasn’t a game for raiding or hardcore content it was a casual MMO and all the years of QQ for harder content were from people that would never leave the game in the first place or people trying to ferry others into other games. When they listened to these peopel and abandoned their core original audience the core left even SAB was too little too late for many people. There only hope is to revert as many things as possible and hope people return in the future.

So without a doubt the grind in HoT needs to be nerfed, the mobs along the core story paths need to be nerfed so anyone at any skill level can beat the story like any other MMO, timers removed, masteries lessened as many don’t alt they have but one toon, and modified maps to allow for easier traveling to places like upper VD during day or the different levels in TD. Most importantly a better reward system because cosmetic or not the reward system is a massive grind and it’s not the reward that matters but the acquisition. There is no low teir rewards in HoT no monster loot of merit or minor crafted items all massive amounts of RNG and time.

All in all I’m ready to be dissapounted yet still grateful to see what is in this patch

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Soloable means I do not have to group or team. I can play solo and run with a zerg.

If you need to depend on other players (see the “running with zerg” part) it’s not soloable.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Don’t listen to those against the nerf the official forums are notorious for thier white knights however the truth is they stated a while back the the spring quartely update would be address the issues that were brought up and bringing HoT back in line with the Core. These knights are the reason the game is in decline and why HoT failed they stifle out any criticism or suggestion and cherish the moves taken to support the Esport as well while the numbers decline.

Brinign HoT in line with core will help some but many have already left this wasn’t a game for raiding or hardcore content it was a casual MMO and all the years of QQ for harder content were from people that would never leave the game in the first place or people trying to ferry others into other games. When they listened to these peopel and abandoned their core original audience the core left even SAB was too little too late for many people. There only hope is to revert as many things as possible and hope people return in the future.

So without a doubt the grind in HoT needs to be nerfed, the mobs along the core story paths need to be nerfed so anyone at any skill level can beat the story like any other MMO, timers removed, masteries lessened as many don’t alt they have but one toon, and modified maps to allow for easier traveling to places like upper VD during day or the different levels in TD. Most importantly a better reward system because cosmetic or not the reward system is a massive grind and it’s not the reward that matters but the acquisition. There is no low teir rewards in HoT no monster loot of merit or minor crafted items all massive amounts of RNG and time.

All in all I’m ready to be dissapounted yet still grateful to see what is in this patch

I can agree with toning down the storyline, although honestly I wasn’t aware that it wasn’t considered solo content. If a significant number of people are truly having difficulty with it, then why not nerf it a bit? It’s just a storyline. It’s not like you’re running it every day. Everyone should be able to complete it.

I feel the same way about HPs. I think they should be solo content, but I have no problem with them scaling to group size.

Masteries. These are already solo content as far as I can tell. My issue with mastery points is that there should be far more of them. That way, if adventures or storyline achievements aren’t your cup of tea, you can get yours via open world, raid, or other content. Let people do it their way with regard to masteries, much the same way they decide how they’ll gain experience for the purposes of leveling. That’s essentially what masteries are – leveling for the level capped!

Scaling. This just needs a little oversight in certain areas. Like gathering those airship parts during the Ordnance event chain in VB.

Megaserver. I don’t know the answer to this, but players should be better able to log in to these maps and start playing. The reliance on LFG and RNG is frustrating. Too often you have to waste time before you start contributing to a worthwhile map.

Mob density. Some areas are pretty obnoxious. I think strategically alleviating some of that might help.

Mob difficulty. Don’t go too heavy-handed on this! The HoT mob difficulty is a very good thing! I think if we make some of these other changes, most players will enjoy the challenge. They just don’t enjoy the challenge along with the grind and the other frustrations.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Funny think about the scaling for airship parts during the ordinance event chain; I brought that up during beta and how it could be an issue.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Soloable means I do not have to group or team. I can play solo and run with a zerg.

If you need to depend on other players (see the “running with zerg” part) it’s not soloable.

I’m solo. I’m soloing. Not in a group. Don’t need a group. At no point am I not soloing.
Where a HoT map has a meta that needs doing to unlock part of the map like in AB, I don’t even need to join in the meta. Sometimes it has gone past me and done everything, I wouldn’t know. I just carry on soloing round the map and getting everywhere. No dependency on anyone.

Parts of some maps rely on other people opening them up for me. Not really any different to parts of core Tyria like getting to the CoF dungeon. That is totally blocked off from me until the meta is complete. Doesn’t mean as a solo player I can’t get there or that HoT is somehow some big bad monster that didn’t exist in core.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

ANET please nerf HoT

Ayrilana.1396

Do you even know what a white knight is. It certainly isn’t anyone that happens to disagree with you. Nevermind the fact that it’s simply an ad hominem which has no bearing on any of the arguments. For example, it’s like me shrugging on what you’re saying because you have brown hair. It has nothing to do with anything.

The game is in decline (typical of any MMO) because they keep taking things away from the players (e.g. Legendary weapons, decent gold rewards from dungeons), content droughts (e.g. Six months since we last got new content), and they take so long to address certain areas of the game (e.g. WvW). It has nothing to do with those you appoint as white knights. If any segment of players were to be the cause of the game declining, it would be those that want brain dead content which takes no effort to do.

That said, HoT zones should not be like core. New maps should get progressively more difficult and these maps do just that. Once players learn the maps, the enemies, and how to adapt, they do just as well as they do in the core maps. i understand that you want to roam the new maps without any risk when you simply ignore enemies and you want to being able to kill anything by spamming your #1 skill but that’s not what is going to happen. Perhaps you should take a look at Orr.

Masteries are account bound so it doesn’t matter if someone only has one toon and doesn’t use Alts. You can read up more about masteries on the wiki. It is incredibly easy to navigate TD. You have WP’s, wallows, and multiple routes to get to a location. For VB, there are at least two ways to get up to the canopy without using the choppers.

Timers are being removed but hopefully the rewards are being spread out so people are not only doing the final meta which typically has the higher concentration of rewards. Rewards are fine as I would know as I haven’t gotten just about everything from those vendors and completed all of the collections except for bladed armor which I have no interest in really doing.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

After reading parts of this huge thread I want to add my humble optionion to the matter as well. I play since two years now. Core Tyria is a piece of cake, even Orr IMO. Silverwaste and Dry Top are fun maps and require more of your attention. I don’t raid, I don’t do fractals a lot, I do very little WvW and PvP. I am mostly a PvE roaming player. I like maps with huge meta events, like Auric Basin or Silverwaste. Especially the latter works very well. If I want to eat my dinner while running around in Tyria a little bit
I visit the core maps. If I want to actually play I go to Silverwaste, Drytop or HoT.

HoT is a challenge and as a level 80 zone it is meant to be that. If Anet finally gives in
and nerfs HoT to the point that it resembles Orr I will feel cheated and a little bit annoyed. To me HoT is perfectly survivable as a solo player. You cannot do the events alone, that is true, but you are not supposed to be. You are not supposed to do the Silverwaste map alone as well. I still fondly remember when I entered the HoT maps first at launch, got lost all the time, was killed instantly by a waste number of opponents and was impressed. I was wondering about the people who complained after 3 days that they did not get everything immediately, but everyone is different. I am always happy if game content lasts for some time. I am almost finished with my masteries and already askying myself: So soon? And now? Now my experience points for my level 80 charas will once again be worthless…

Sometimes I wonder if the HoT discussion is a problem of not enough map reward and the question of getting maps full (=meta sever problem?). If quite a many people trying to find a DS-Map to play at the start of the map and if you need to join several taxis to find one that actually has people on it and many other people are doing the same there is some problem.

Silverwaste on the other hand works perfectly. You actually need to pay attention when playing the map, there are always people who do it and the reward is nice. Or maybe it is a problem of the fixed times of the meta events? In Silverwaste you can basically “start” a map with very few people. If you play long enough the bar will fill up and if it reaches a third or so people will start joining in. After about 1/2 until 2/3 the map will fill rapidly, most likely because of taxis. But if you decide that you want to play Auric Basin you have to consult your favorite event timer website…

I would like to see a game that offers both easy maps and really challenging maps so that everyone can play what and how they want. I would very much like to see a solution that makes everyone happy, the players who love the current challenge of HoT and the players who feel overwhelmed by HoT. But I wonder if that is possible. I do hope though that Anet will manage to find such a solution.

ANET please nerf HoT

Ayrilana.1396

I haven’t played since the update but I’m think the entire discussion up to now is no longer valid. It looks like they did nerf a lot based on the notes which is unfortunate but we’ll see how it panned out soon enough.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Lets hope it was properly balanced and not simply “nerfed”.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m solo. I’m soloing. Not in a group. Don’t need a group. At no point am I not soloing.
Where a HoT map has a meta that needs doing to unlock part of the map like in AB, I don’t even need to join in the meta. Sometimes it has gone past me and done everything, I wouldn’t know. I just carry on soloing round the map and getting everywhere. No dependency on anyone.

You still depend on other people to do that meta for you hovewer. You may be ungrouped, but you’re not alone. And if you are, you run into trouble.

Parts of some maps rely on other people opening them up for me. Not really any different to parts of core Tyria like getting to the CoF dungeon. That is totally blocked off from me until the meta is complete.

Can be soloed easily, it scales nicely.

Saying that, it seems that a lot of the problems did get fixed in this patch.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Parts of some maps rely on other people opening them up for me. Not really any different to parts of core Tyria like getting to the CoF dungeon. That is totally blocked off from me until the meta is complete. Doesn’t mean as a solo player I can’t get there or that HoT is somehow some big bad monster that didn’t exist in core.

So because you can solo hard content means we all can? Sorry different people have different coordination and tolerances..

The more they make it unplayable for the majority the more people give up and leave.

ANET please nerf HoT

General Health.9678

Actually you can. Have you bothered to look at the videos dulfy has done? She is soloing in the HoT maps. I have followed her routes and done the same things, got to the same places. We are different people with different co-ordination and tolerances yet we can both do something? Amazing.

Instead of just complaining constantly about how it’s too hard, actually experience the content. Watch a video. Get a build that works. Follow a zerg. Or don’t.. but seriously stop jumping on these threads to complain about how hard it is because it’s all in your head so far.

ANET please nerf HoT

General Health.9678

Can be soloed easily

No it can’t.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Battle_for_the_Flame_Citadel_and_Senecus_Castrum

The meta is 6 events listed above and includes a Group Event.
Besides, what would you do if you did end up the only person at the door of the dungeon, you can’t solo the dungeon.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

For people that says to git gud, can you guys post videos of you soloing the Champion Mushroom Queen HP under Rata Novus in TD and the Vampire Broodmother HP in VB? Pls I need to learn how to properly play this game

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_vampire_beasts

“Defeat the vampire beasts is a level 80 hero challenge group event that occurs in the Canopy over Pact Encampment after interacting with Pile of Guano.”

""Defeat the vampire beasts is a level 80 hero challenge group event"

" a level 80 hero challenge group event"

“group event”

And it shouldn’t be…. Getting map completion should not be a group effort. its not a dungeon, its not a raid, its not a map meta-event, its simply absurd.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Adul.1520

Adul.1520

The update didn’t go nearly far enough, solo playing in HoT maps is still an unenjoyable experience.

1. Hero challenges still spawn group events even when there’s not enough people around to do them.
2. A lot of the area exploration is still locked behind group events.
3. Area design is still overly complex and hard to traverse.
4. There are still plenty of map points you need high level masteries to access.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

Can be soloed easily

No it can’t.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Battle_for_the_Flame_Citadel_and_Senecus_Castrum

Besides, what would you do if you did end up the only person at the door of the dungeon, you can’t solo the dungeon.

…. Yes you can… I’ve opened CoF solo MANY times, and not only that but plenty of people have solod it before. Pre-HoT Group event means nothing, hell it means nothing in most of HoT too. I can solo entire event chains in most maps. Its really just the hero challenges that can’t be easily solod and thats an odd thing.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: gordyp.8621

gordyp.8621

just uninstalled this piece of crap,amen.Horrible expansion,nosense of direction what’s up/down.20 metre aggro radius for mob’s then have 5-8 swarming you constantly.who the hell would want to grind in these condition’s for fun,really!!I would rather have all my teeth pulled out without Novacaine then play this expansion.Absolute rubbish.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Yes I agree, it did not go far enough to nerf the maps in order to solo map complete them. Mordy is long since dead, its influence over the maps should be lessened now. Although I woulda hoped for fuller maps after the update, there still was no one around on the VB map at all…

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Can be soloed easily

No it can’t.

There are posts in this forum where people share videos of themselves doing so.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

I have no trouble going around the maps solo, and I play full DPS builds. If you are still having troubles after they decreased the number of enemies in certain areas, then you should start running more defensive stats and abilities. I bet the majority of people complaining about difficulty are just looking at Metabattle, copying the build without even reading how it’s used, and then running up to enemies and pressing 1 without avoiding attacks or paying attention to enemy abilities.

ANET please nerf HoT

slashlizardy.9167

On this we will disagree red, when I am in the map, I wanna be free to chill out with friends on TS, and to pay more attention to chat that any loose npcs. Especially 2 vets parked right at the spot I need to be in order to jump to a mastery that is prolly gonna kill me anyways. In beta the masteries were alot easier to find and get to.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

On this we will disagree red, when I am in the map, I wanna be free to chill out with friends on TS, and to pay more attention to chat that any loose npcs. Especially 2 vets parked right at the spot I need to be in order to jump to a mastery that is prolly gonna kill me anyways. In beta the masteries were alot easier to find and get to.

You are literally asking them to nerf the game just so you can get rewards/progress without actually paying attention to the game

ANET please nerf HoT

slashlizardy.9167

No definitely not that severe! You are just looking for things to dislike about my post, and that’s fine

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Srsly people what is the point of soloing a map that is supposed to bring end-game content? Even in core tyria there is stuff you can’t solo: try to solo Orr temple events, try to solo world bosses: here is a hint, you can’t. The thing is, some players here just hate any form of difficulty whatsoever. Sometimes, I am really having a hard time believing some here like the game, or worse, like playing games

(edited by flog.3485)

ANET please nerf HoT

slashlizardy.9167

I honestly like your post flog, hahaha

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Srsly people what is the point of soloing a map that is supposed to bring end-game content? Even in core tyria there is stuff you can’t solo: try to solo Orr temple events, try to solo world bosses: here is a hint, you can’t. The thing is, some players here just hate any form of difficulty whatsoever. Sometimes, I am really having a hard time believing some here like the game, or worse, like playing games

Why on earth would you assume these people are talking about soloing group events specifically? No one expects to solo a large group event or a world boss. You seem to be missing the point entirely.

ANET please nerf HoT

flog.3485

@Celtic Lady Isn’t it what we have been doing in GW2 for three years now? Completing random events that spawn across all maps with or without people? Didn’t were we used so far to join massive zergs of people repeating events that were very profitable? Didn’t the majority of players went to zones such as Siverwaste and DT to farm the events, get to T4 and be able to spend the currency that is tied to these events, just like you would do in Hot?

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

There are many maps you can do just that on. HOT’s degree of difficulty is exactly the correct design choice, it continues to build up from maps previous to it. Now you get more rewards to make it feel more with the effort. Sound.

ANET please nerf HoT

slashlizardy.9167

Actually HoT doesnt feel like end game content. Just seems to be half finished and full of mixed messages, what with the mini-mobile games and the gliding puzzles, I still feel like I am in SAB, and not taking on a dragon and its minions.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: battledrone.8315

battledrone.8315

it took me 5 hrs to get a couple of shinies and to unlock mushroom jumping
the only reason i havent uninstalled is because of the time i have invested i my chars

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Kell.9365

Kell.9365

No nerf detected. HoT is as annoying as ever. A virtual deathtrap! Sorry Anet this is a No-Fun Zone!

(edited by Kell.9365)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

No nerf detected. HoT is as annoying as ever. A virtual deathtrap! Sorry Anet this is a No-Fun Zone!

You want the HOT be easier just to stay pressing the 1 and killing everything that comes in front …. is enough Tyria the map that is easy and you explore quiet … I do not understand these people who are asking to facilitate the whole game, especially now that increased the reward given maps has not been done to explore alone and quit killing champions and world boss alone

You want to play alone? Go to Tyria and stay there, enough to pvp alloy that does not fall division to facilitate more noobs to rise, and now you want to destroy pve leaving the game to explore people killing the mobs pressing 1.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

They said they were going to address the issue of the new maps being way too group centric.
They did absolutely nothing about it.
It’s still the same bs,having to group up to for Hero Points etc etc.
Zero balancing of mobs,zero balancing of HPs,exactly the same density of mobs,everything 100% the same,with 0% changes.

The argument that the difficulty will either be a spam1 fest like the old maps ,or a brain dead zerg farming is ridiculous.
As is the argument that players that purchase an expansion should play the old maps,because of the lack of balancing and varied difficulty content in HoT.
It is also ludicrous that as soon as you get a big enough zerg HoT content becomes
a 1111 spam and a who will tag the mob before it dies race,exactly like the old maps.

The gold rush from the increased loot will eventually wear out,and what will remain after that will be the same old,badly balanced,and forced grouping HoT maps.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

then you didnt try it before the nerf, they prolly halved mob density
agree on the fun part, though
i dont understand, how they could drop the ball so hard
its like they actually wanted to put as many obstacles in our progression, as they could
were not only fighting the mobs, its also the map layout, and they even found a way to make the loot annoying too
this is some of the worst mmo maps i have EVER seen

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

You want the HOT be easier just to stay pressing the 1 and killing everything that comes in front …. is enough Tyria the map that is easy and you explore quiet … I do not understand these people who are asking to facilitate the whole game, especially now that increased the reward given maps has not been done to explore alone and quit killing champions and world boss alone

You want to play alone? Go to Tyria and stay there, enough to pvp alloy that does not fall division to facilitate more noobs to rise, and now you want to destroy pve leaving the game to explore people killing the mobs pressing 1.

hint: the core game made them a decent buck, a good reputation, and tons of happy customers
Hot did the opposite, i think theyre in a worse position now, than before the xpac
they just spend the last months, trying to clean up this mess
those resources will be missing for new content
which means , that the next content drought will be even longer
AFAIK, they have nerfed ALL the high level zones now
am i the only one seeing a pattern here?

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

They said they were going to address the issue of the new maps being way too group centric.
Zero balancing of mobs,zero balancing of HPs,exactly the same density of mobs,everything 100% the same,with 0% changes.

The argument that the difficulty will either be a spam1 fest like the old maps ,or a brain dead zerg farming is ridiculous.
As is the argument that players that purchase an expansion should play the old maps,because of the lack of balancing and varied difficulty content in HoT.
It is also ludicrous that as soon as you get a big enough zerg HoT content becomes
a 1111 spam and a who will tag the mob before it dies race,exactly like the old maps.

The gold rush from the increased loot will eventually wear out,and what will remain after that will be the same old,badly balanced,and forced grouping HoT maps.

now i can explore some of the map solo, it was almost impossible before
when i find a zerg, it becomes a 1-1-1-1 fest, AND THEY REWARD YOU FOR THAT
solo, i can play like a pro, and still get nothing for it
skills are not required..grouping is

ANET please nerf HoT

Ardid.7203

Right now I can just walk through some points where before I had to make full fleshed infiltration ops to pass. I still love it, though.

Hawks

ANET please nerf HoT

Rap Tiger.1257

The difference is that in the HOT you will need to use healing, avoidance, positioning the point of not taking damage and know what skill to use to kill mobs faster.

I can not understand your comparison logic, if you’re in a worl boss pressing only one so just proves what I really think, just a player who wants rewards in the easiest way possible, I also bought the HOT and what I can not want a level of difficulty mediocre.

I play full zerk and even end up dying in HOT, I could have killed myself a few champions, I still think that HOT had to be more difficult, the game is easy to become discouraged quickly, just look at the map of Tyria.

ANET please nerf HoT

Rap Tiger.1257

hint: the core game made them a decent buck, a good reputation, and tons of happy customers
Hot did the opposite, i think theyre in a worse position now, than before the xpac
they just spend the last months, trying to clean up this mess
those resources will be missing for new content
which means , that the next content drought will be even longer
AFAIK, they have nerfed ALL the high level zones now
am i the only one seeing a pattern here?

The core had a good reputation because it was the first, the damage and survival capacity of the classes were smaller, build the choices they were also more broken.

Today we have the specialization , we have more skills, we have more damage, more runes and sigils ….. no point comparing today with the past, as players progresses, the difficulty has to evolve or the game will be something boring.

The problem of players who want an easier level must have some reason behind, one is too lazy to do a better build, want rewards for free, are casual playing little or some other reason.

It will be a shame to have this expansion and other easier just because players do not want to take damage and die, do not want to use healing, use dodges, create a viable build and etc.

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

The difference is that in the HOT you will need to use healing, avoidance, positioning the point of not taking damage and know what skill to use to kill mobs faster.

I can not understand your comparison logic, if you’re in a worl boss pressing only one so just proves what I really think, just a player who wants rewards in the easiest way possible, I also bought the HOT and what I can not want a level of difficulty mediocre.

I play full zerk and even end up dying in HOT, I could have killed myself a few champions, I still think that HOT had to be more difficult, the game is easy to become discouraged quickly, just look at the map of Tyria.

this is, what happens , if you keep the same content for 3 years
if wow had done the same, they would had suffered from it too, but perhaps not as much
they can make 250k players happy for a month OR
they can make a million players happy for a week
that is the tightrope they have to walk

ANET please nerf HoT

Ardid.7203

Sadly, popularity doesn’t equal quality. This is also a tightrope.

Hawks

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

Assumptions and generalizations.
Here’s a real example,not a imaginary story about dodges and gear.

I spent hours today trying to solo the Balthazar HP in AB because there was no one
else that wanted the point,and the few players that came to join died in 5 sec from the aoe spam and eventually gave up.
These are real players avoiding and giving up on content,and after they get fed up with all the kitten,giving up on the game.
In the end I had to bug the boss in order to kill it.
This is total bs.Hero Points are solo content,they should be scalable to 1 player.It’s a freakin’ Hero Point,not a fractal.
I can’t even imagine the impossibility of completing those maps in a year or two from now after new zones will be introduced.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I spent hours today trying to solo the Balthazar HP in AB because there was no one
else that wanted the point,and the few players that came to join died in 5 sec from the aoe spam and eventually gave up.
These are real players avoiding and giving up on content,and after they get fed up with all the kitten,giving up on the game.
This is total bs.Hero Points are solo content,they should be scalable to 1 player.It’s a freakin’ Hero Point,not a fractal.
I can’t even imagine the impossibility of completing those maps in a year or two from now after new zones will be introduced.

HC’s are the one area of HoT I believe need to still be revised. Unfortunately, ANet’s metrics are apparently telling them people are still doing them as is. However, you’re right in that Hero Challenges as group events is not going to be sustainable.

Balthazar seems particularly difficult solo. I’ve seen decent sized groups that chose to glitch him rather than do the fight as intended.

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

HC’s are the one area of HoT I believe need to still be revised. Unfortunately, ANet’s metrics are apparently telling them people are still doing them as is. However, you’re right in that Hero Challenges as group events is not going to be sustainable.

Balthazar seems particularly difficult solo. I’ve seen decent sized groups that chose to glitch him rather than do the fight as intended.

nerfing the mobs will only solve a part of the problem
the biggest issue are the maps themselves
it will still be a maze full of mobs, any way they cut it
they basically moved a dungeon over ground, and called it “open world”
not surprisingly, that didnt fly very well for the majority of their customers
the severity of this first nerf has shown us the state of the game
and now, they have to waste time to redo the maps..again

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Actually you can. Have you bothered to look at the videos dulfy has done? She is soloing in the HoT maps. I have followed her routes and done the same things, got to the same places. We are different people with different co-ordination and tolerances yet we can both do something? Amazing.
Instead of just complaining constantly about how it’s too hard, actually experience the content. Watch a video. Get a build that works. Follow a zerg. Or don’t.. but seriously stop jumping on these threads to complain about how hard it is because it’s all in your head so far.

So we must watch videos just to play a game now, what if you aren’t using her build or class, does she do a video for each of the classes right through hot, every weapon style…

What you are saying isn’t practical..

nerfing the mobs will only solve a part of the problem
the biggest issue are the maps themselves
it will still be a maze full of mobs, any way they cut it
they basically moved a dungeon over ground, and called it “open world”
not surprisingly, that didnt fly very well for the majority of their customers
the severity of this first nerf has shown us the state of the game
and now, they have to waste time to redo the maps..again

This^ even after a nerf their damage is still oppressive, and the stuff is far too numerous to pass areas to survive solo..

The Chak, Mordrem frog things are all insanely powerful with their AoE Dots, knockdowns and stealth 24/7…

In Core tyria yes but they are on a timer and when that happens everyone goes there to complete that, in HoT its everywhere 24/7 you cannot survive solo on 75% of those maps on exotic gears, and for those that can its a nightmare, you never get a breather or any casual play.. Tyria you can..

(edited by Dante.1508)

ANET please nerf HoT

flog.3485

@Dante That is plain wrong. Exotic is perfectly viable. The last revised version oh hot added events that are solo-friendly while some of the events turned champion type-monster into veteran while culling the concentration of foes : take at look at the patch notes….I think you suffer from a major l2p issue. Anyway what class do you play? Do you click skill? Have you considered tweaking your build to have more defensive options via traits while still running an offensive gear? Don’t you have laurels to buy yourself more defensive trinkets, earrings ? Come on there is usually people who run the events with you, you are not completely alone, no?

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Seriously? I found the beta way harder…. I can solo almost every mastery now (curse you Balthazar!) and part of the fun of the maps IMO is that they are so complex. Finding your way around at first really feels like you’re in a wild jungle. I really think that the open world maps and enemies are what the devs nailed in HoT. I just wish there were double the amount and that they weren’t quite so meta centric.

If you’re looking to not have to focus and just talk to your friends, why not just do the world boss train, or do events on random core Tyria maps? HoT was marketed as being harder, so it bugs me when people act like the difficulty is some rude surprise. It sounds like you’d be better sorted to play the core maps most of the time and then head into HoT maps when you want more of a challenge.