ANET please nerf HoT

ANET please nerf HoT

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: battledrone.8315

battledrone.8315

Actually you can. Have you bothered to look at the videos dulfy has done? She is soloing in the HoT maps. I have followed her routes and done the same things, got to the same places. We are different people with different co-ordination and tolerances yet we can both do something? Amazing.
Instead of just complaining constantly about how it’s too hard, actually experience the content. Watch a video. Get a build that works. Follow a zerg. Or don’t.. but seriously stop jumping on these threads to complain about how hard it is because it’s all in your head so far.

So we must watch videos just to play a game now, what if you aren’t using her build or class, does she do a video for each of the classes right through hot, every weapon style…

What you are saying isn’t practical..

Assumptions and generalizations.
Here’s a real example,not a imaginary story about dodges and gear.

I spent hours today trying to solo the Balthazar HP in AB because there was no one
else that wanted the point,and the few players that came to join died in 5 sec from the aoe spam and eventually gave up.
These are real players avoiding and giving up on content,and after they get fed up with all the kitten,giving up on the game.
In the end I had to bug the boss in order to kill it.
This is total bs.Hero Points are solo content,they should be scalable to 1 player.It’s a freakin’ Hero Point,not a fractal.
I can’t even imagine the impossibility of completing those maps in a year or two from now after new zones will be introduced.

HC’s are the one area of HoT I believe need to still be revised. Unfortunately, ANet’s metrics are apparently telling them people are still doing them as is. However, you’re right in that Hero Challenges as group events is not going to be sustainable.

Balthazar seems particularly difficult solo. I’ve seen decent sized groups that chose to glitch him rather than do the fight as intended.

nerfing the mobs will only solve a part of the problem
the biggest issue are the maps themselves
it will still be a maze full of mobs, any way they cut it
they basically moved a dungeon over ground, and called it “open world”
not surprisingly, that didnt fly very well for the majority of their customers
the severity of this first nerf has shown us the state of the game
and now, they have to waste time to redo the maps..again

This^ even after a nerf their damage is still oppressive, and the stuff is far too numerous to pass areas to survive solo..

The Chak, Mordrem frog things are all insanely powerful with their AoE Dots, knockdowns and stealth 24/7…

Srsly people what is the point of soloing a map that is supposed to bring end-game content? Even in core tyria there is stuff you can’t solo: try to solo Orr temple events, try to solo world bosses: here is a hint, you can’t. The thing is, some players here just hate any form of difficulty whatsoever. Sometimes, I am really having a hard time believing some here like the game, or worse, like playing games

In Core tyria yes but they are on a timer and when that happens everyone goes there to complete that, in HoT its everywhere 24/7 you cannot survive solo on 75% of those maps on exotic gears, and for those that can its a nightmare, you never get a breather or any casual play.. Tyria you can..

if i did the same , i wouldnt be playing my game, i would just be mimicking another players game
not only would it remove any purpose of the challenge, it would also remove any fun factor
then i might as well just watch all of the game on youtube
fun, yes?
video guides shouldnt be necessary for open world content anyway
keep that kitten for dungeons and raids

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

@Dante That is plain wrong. Exotic is perfectly viable. The last revised version oh hot added events that are solo-friendly while some of the events turned champion type-monster into veteran while culling the concentration of foes : take at look at the patch notes….I think you suffer from a major l2p issue. Anyway what class do you play? Do you click skill? Have you considered tweaking your build to have more defensive options via traits while still running an offensive gear? Don’t you have laurels to buy yourself more defensive trinkets, earrings ? Come on there is usually people who run the events with you, you are not completely alone, no?

actually, most of the maps have very low populations now
finding a HP train will take up to a couple of hours
it can still be done , if you have that kind of patience
most players dont have that patience, considering this is supposed to be their
happy time, which they worked and paid for
many players will just go to another game, or quit playing

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Silicato.4603

Silicato.4603

ty for all the changes anet and for embracing your community is all almost casual. We needed a more casual game and spring patch bringed HoT and GW2 into taht Position. Ty again.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: billk.3980

billk.3980

Last night i went back to HoT after the update and it was no easier than before. I went to an area to try to advance my storyline and there were a bunch of mobs there. I fought just one of them and the humanoid mob had ranged avoid,could transport itself behind me,had aoe and i died within 15 seconds.
That was just with one of the 4 mobs there.It wasn’t even an elite mob.
Someone showed up to try to revive me and he was dead 20 seconds later.
When you buy an expansion to a game (i have played many others} it shouldn’t be radically harder than the rest of the game.
If i wanted to play Wildstar and get killed every 10 minutes trying to jump on mushrooms i would have stayed playing it .
I feel betrayed buying the expansion.
Sure i admit i am not a leet player but i shouldn’t have to be to enjoy it.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

They said they were going to address the issue of the new maps being way too group centric.
They did absolutely nothing about it.
It’s still the same bs,having to group up to for Hero Points etc etc.
Zero balancing of mobs,zero balancing of HPs,exactly the same density of mobs,everything 100% the same,with 0% changes.

The argument that the difficulty will either be a spam1 fest like the old maps ,or a brain dead zerg farming is ridiculous.
As is the argument that players that purchase an expansion should play the old maps,because of the lack of balancing and varied difficulty content in HoT.
It is also ludicrous that as soon as you get a big enough zerg HoT content becomes
a 1111 spam and a who will tag the mob before it dies race,exactly like the old maps.

The gold rush from the increased loot will eventually wear out,and what will remain after that will be the same old,badly balanced,and forced grouping HoT maps.

The difference is that in the HOT you will need to use healing, avoidance, positioning the point of not taking damage and know what skill to use to kill mobs faster.

I can not understand your comparison logic, if you’re in a worl boss pressing only one so just proves what I really think, just a player who wants rewards in the easiest way possible, I also bought the HOT and what I can not want a level of difficulty mediocre.

I play full zerk and even end up dying in HOT, I could have killed myself a few champions, I still think that HOT had to be more difficult, the game is easy to become discouraged quickly, just look at the map of Tyria.

this is, what happens , if you keep the same content for 3 years
if wow had done the same, they would had suffered from it too, but perhaps not as much
they can make 250k players happy for a month OR
they can make a million players happy for a week
that is the tightrope they have to walk

I just play the HOT and ArenaNet facilitated all shamefully map now way the whole map without killing any creature, and if I can just kill spam 1 and kill it …. and yet you come to complain that is difficult?

Take shame in the face and learn how to play before you get asking nerf, the map now walks a little emptier as they can do all soil and has no challenge.

ANET please nerf HoT

Rap Tiger.1257

Simply the map is now as easy as Tyria, has no more challenges ….. you kill mobs easily just by pressing 1 if necessary, can run the map all the will, I can do it alone, just missing now also make it easier world boss to kill myself too.

Thus it may end up destroying the pve completely, since they want everything easy and challenge … the way is now staying at WvW and PvP.

Amazingly still see players asking to be even easier because you can not do yourself the Balthazar …. every time I see that players focused on pve are a shame and end up destroying the pvp fun too because they want everything easy.

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

They said they were going to address the issue of the new maps being way too group centric.
Zero balancing of mobs,zero balancing of HPs,exactly the same density of mobs,everything 100% the same,with 0% changes.

The argument that the difficulty will either be a spam1 fest like the old maps ,or a brain dead zerg farming is ridiculous.
As is the argument that players that purchase an expansion should play the old maps,because of the lack of balancing and varied difficulty content in HoT.
It is also ludicrous that as soon as you get a big enough zerg HoT content becomes
a 1111 spam and a who will tag the mob before it dies race,exactly like the old maps.

The gold rush from the increased loot will eventually wear out,and what will remain after that will be the same old,badly balanced,and forced grouping HoT maps.

The difference is that in the HOT you will need to use healing, avoidance, positioning the point of not taking damage and know what skill to use to kill mobs faster.

I can not understand your comparison logic, if you’re in a worl boss pressing only one so just proves what I really think, just a player who wants rewards in the easiest way possible, I also bought the HOT and what I can not want a level of difficulty mediocre.

I play full zerk and even end up dying in HOT, I could have killed myself a few champions, I still think that HOT had to be more difficult, the game is easy to become discouraged quickly, just look at the map of Tyria.

if wow had done the same, they would had suffered from it too, but perhaps not as much

I just play the HOT and ArenaNet facilitated all shamefully map now way the whole map without killing any creature, and if I can just kill spam 1 and kill it …. and yet you come to complain that is difficult?

Take shame in the face and learn how to play before you get asking nerf, the map now walks a little emptier as they can do all soil and has no challenge.

youre good at pressing buttons in a game, thats like being good at drinking beer or eating hot dogs
it wont save the world , or give you a nobel prize, or even make you rich
i can live with the mobs now, but experience shows, that any forced group content
in the levelling content will get harder to do, as time passes
SIMPLY BECAUSE THERE ARE TOO FEW PEOPLE DOING IT
yes, they will have to nerf the mobs again, how do you think those, who actually upgraded from F2P will feel , when they have to go through this trial of patience?
not only will they leave again, they will also tell their buddies why they left
yes, i stand by my statement: these are some of the worst mmo maps in existance
and, we have the numbers to prove it
do you think they would had nerfed it so hard, if it was okay?
this was a full blown emergency nerf

(edited by battledrone.8315)

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

Simply the map is now as easy as Tyria, has no more challenges ….. you kill mobs easily just by pressing 1 if necessary, can run the map all the will, I can do it alone, just missing now also make it easier world boss to kill myself too.

Thus it may end up destroying the pve completely, since they want everything easy and challenge … the way is now staying at WvW and PvP.

Amazingly still see players asking to be even easier because you can not do yourself the Balthazar …. every time I see that players focused on pve are a shame and end up destroying the pvp fun too because they want everything easy.

show us a video of you taking down a vet smokescale with that technique
then we can talk

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

The HoT maps are just following the same cycle that the Orr maps did when the base game was launched. The Orr maps were filled with events that required groups and cross-map co-ordination, were very thickly populated with difficult, aggressive mobs and did not play well for casual or solo players. Over time the difficulty in the three Orr maps was adjusted downwards several times but even now, nearly four years later, those maps still require co-ordinated group play to complete the event chains and can still be challenging for casual or solo adventurers.

Having played through both when they were new I would say the Original Orr maps were less accessible and very definitely less entertaining than the HoT ones were, even before the nerfs. The HoT maps as they are now are, I would say, no more difficult for a casual or solo player than Orr, but they are far more rewarding (both visually and because the loot is better).

One of the problems HoT has is that it becomes progressively easier and easier the more Masteries you attain but you have to play through it on its “hardest setting” to get those Masteries. Since getting Masteries is one of the key content drivers of the expansion that’s hard to change – you can hardly just give people the Masteries up front – but players who don’t have them will always perceive the content to be much harder than those who do.

As for there not being enough people on the maps to complete the events efficiently, that hasn’t been my experience. I play EU hours on NA servers so I never see the game in its full prime time and often I’m playing in the server cluster’s “off hours”. Even so I have never had any trouble in six months in finding active, populated instances of any of the four HoT maps. Many – probably most – of the Core Tyria maps are a lot less populated.

ANET please nerf HoT

Rap Tiger.1257

youre good at pressing buttons in a game, thats like being good at drinking beer or eating hot dogs
i can live with the mobs now, but experience shows, that any forced group content
yes, they will have to nerf the mobs again, how do you think those, who actually upgraded from F2P will feel , when they have to go through this trial of patience?

It is some kind of joke that your comment? You come ask me to record a video killing smokescale veteran as if it were difficult ahahahaha.

I record yes, but now we have nerf the mob still I kill, you will say that it is now easy ….. every time I feel ashamed to read certain comments from people who can not kill veterans, I think ArenaNet will now have to make the mobs get stopped and just getting damage.

ANET please nerf HoT

Rap Tiger.1257

The HoT maps are just following the same cycle that the Orr maps did when the base game was launched. The Orr maps were filled with events that required groups and cross-map co-ordination, were very thickly populated with difficult, aggressive mobs and did not play well for casual or solo players. Over time the difficulty in the three Orr maps was adjusted downwards several times but even now, nearly four years later, those maps still require co-ordinated group play to complete the event chains and can still be challenging for casual or solo adventurers.

Having played through both when they were new I would say the Original Orr maps were less accessible and very definitely less entertaining than the HoT ones were, even before the nerfs. The HoT maps as they are now are, I would say, no more difficult for a casual or solo player than Orr, but they are far more rewarding (both visually and because the loot is better).

One of the problems HoT has is that it becomes progressively easier and easier the more Masteries you attain but you have to play through it on its “hardest setting” to get those Masteries. Since getting Masteries is one of the key content drivers of the expansion that’s hard to change – you can hardly just give people the Masteries up front – but players who don’t have them will always perceive the content to be much harder than those who do.

As for there not being enough people on the maps to complete the events efficiently, that hasn’t been my experience. I play EU hours on NA servers so I never see the game in its full prime time and often I’m playing in the server cluster’s “off hours”. Even so I have never had any trouble in six months in finding active, populated instances of any of the four HoT maps. Many – probably most – of the Core Tyria maps are a lot less populated.

I understand, but yesterday playing the map HOT at least the first was empty, found either doing solo events, because now you can do it alone, Orr map played yesterday and also walk a little empty since you can play solo, I myself will prefer to play PVP or WVW only

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Nerfing HoT is ridiculous especially after crying that stuff & events was to easy before Hot release. What this needs is balance & Scaling depending on population during events. Anything else other then that will render event lame & boring.

ANET please nerf HoT

battledrone.8315

It is some kind of joke that your comment? You come ask me to record a video killing smokescale veteran as if it were difficult ahahahaha.

I record yes, but now we have nerf the mob still I kill, you will say that it is now easy ….. every time I feel ashamed to read certain comments from people who can not kill veterans, I think ArenaNet will now have to make the mobs get stopped and just getting damage.

i can kill a smokescale vet too
i want to see YOU do it, by just pressing 1, as you claimed you could all over the map

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I bet half of these “Hot is perfect” people never even go there, they are daily in Fractals and Raids but still whine if things get better for the populations…

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

So we must watch videos just to play a game now, what if you aren’t using her build or class, does she do a video for each of the classes right through hot, every weapon style…

What you are saying isn’t practical..

Well you know, if you just watched the videos.
She plays a mesmer and runs round the map on the mesmer. Why would you need to see one of every class doing this? What sense would that make? A warrior running round or a ranger running round is a character running round. Tell you what.. watch the videos. You’ll enjoy the game more.

In Core tyria yes but they are on a timer and when that happens everyone goes there to complete that, in HoT its everywhere 24/7 you cannot survive solo on 75% of those maps on exotic gears, and for those that can its a nightmare, you never get a breather or any casual play.. Tyria you can..

The meta events in DS and AB are on timers so there goes that theory. You can survive in exotics, all my toons are berserker geared and I have now got 9 gifts of VB, one for each profession. If what you were saying was even remotely true, I’d not have any gifts of anything. Currently working on getting all my toons through AB, have done a couple already and I have one doing DS and one waiting to start TD. Obviously this is a nightmare for me and I never get a breather or any casual play. Oh no wait.. it’s not.

So how do you enjoy HoT? Did I mention the great video guides? I did? Awesome. I’d also say that just because you’re in exotic gear doesn’t mean much. Are you in terrible exotics with non-matching stats? Did you go all soldiers, all cleric or a mix that makes no sense? Did you look at metabattle to see how to set your toon up? Do you use food or utilities?

If you actively don’t want to enjoy HoT then don’t keep going there and then coming here to tell us all about it. You have the tools to improve your build and your fun. Use them.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

ANET please nerf HoT

General Health.9678

actually, most of the maps have very low populations now
finding a HP train will take up to a couple of hours
it can still be done , if you have that kind of patience
most players dont have that patience, considering this is supposed to be their
happy time, which they worked and paid for
many players will just go to another game, or quit playing

Great name, suits you as all you do is drone on and on about absolutely nothing in a game you say you don’t even play.

All the maps have great populations when I play, finding a HP train is simple. You say “starting a HP train”. Problem solved.
Seems to me most people have enough patience as the metas are being run regularly and those things take a lot of patience to set up and do.
Those people are having a very happy time, they aren’t working or in school, they’re playing this game and not going to another game and not quitting anything.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

I really wanted to buy this, but what’s the point if you can’t play it casual?

ANET please nerf HoT

General Health.9678

Why can’t you play it casual?
Casually log in, casually select character, casually go to a HoT map, casually do events, gather mats, passively get XP for masteries, get HPs. What doesn’t fit in with you playing casually?

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

@Joote, I really can’t say what you should do, because for ME, HoT open world IS really casual. However, there is a lot of people complaining about it being hard, wich IMO is not… so there, I really don’t know.

You should really try it yourself before making a choice.

I really believe people who find HoT non-casual is people who can’t or dont want to adapt at all. This is possibly only the tinhat speaking, but I’m seeing a pattern: people who don’t like HoT seems to think WoW, with its flat, gigantic, uninteresting, repetitive, unchallenging, drone-mode maps, is a better game.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

The people who are saying that you can do core Tyria just by pressing ‘1’, are flat out lying. It isn’t possible unless all you do is zerg. Apparently, these so-called elite players only do zerg. I am so impressed (not). When they say that us casuals want it to be so easy in HOT, that all we need to do is press ‘1’, are again lying. No one has ever asked for that.
I mostly solo and I need to use every skill and dodging, especially against champions and veterans.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I mostly solo and I need to use every skill and dodging, especially against champions and veterans.

You should try this
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support
build.

The people who are saying that you can do core Tyria just by pressing ‘1’, are flat out lying.

The auto attack chain of the hammer is your max dps and gives you perma protection. So yes, you basically just press 1. ;-)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Joote.4081

Joote.4081

@Joote, I really can’t say what you should do, because for ME, HoT open world IS really casual. However, there is a lot of people complaining about it being hard, wich IMO is not… so there, I really don’t know.

You should really try it yourself before making a choice.

I really believe people who find HoT non-casual is people who can’t or dont want to adapt at all. This is possibly only the tinhat speaking, but I’m seeing a pattern: people who don’t like HoT seems to think WoW, with its flat, gigantic, uninteresting, repetitive, unchallenging, drone-mode maps, is a better game.

You know what? You have convinced me. I will flipping well go and try it for myself.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

There are people who solo’d dungeons, which are intended to be five man content. If anything core Tyria needs a buff across the board (AI, stats, and abilities) to HoT levels upon release and undo HoT creep nerfs.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

You should try this
build.

The people who are saying that you can do core Tyria just by pressing ‘1’, are flat out lying.

The auto attack chain of the hammer is your max dps and gives you perma protection. So yes, you basically just press 1. ;-)

So you found one build on one class that approaches just pressing 1. That isn’t much of an argument. I did use a hammer guardian for a while, but I have moved to more interesting builds. I am not interested in optimizing damage from a character. Instead, I use the weapons that are fun, then make it work for me. As long as I win most fights, I am happy.

I may have been too harsh in the original post, but it peeves me that there are some people (trying to be nice here) who over exaggerate how easy open world pve is. When these people do that over exaggerating, I automatically discount their entire argument. They have shown that they extremely biased and have no desire for a reasonable discussion.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

You should try this
build.

So you found one build on one class that approaches just pressing 1. That isn’t much of an argument. I did use a hammer guardian for a while, but I have moved to more interesting builds. I am not interested in optimizing damage from a character. Instead, I use the weapons that are fun, then make it work for me. As long as I win most fights, I am happy.

I may have been too harsh in the original post, but it peeves me that there are some people (trying to be nice here) who over exaggerate how easy open world pve is. When these people do that over exaggerating, I automatically discount their entire argument. They have shown that they extremely biased and have no desire for a reasonable discussion.

Well said totally agree, lets see a press 1 Thief, Ele and Mesmer build..

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You should try this
build.

No stunbreaker, heal, utility skill use at all? No dodging? Yeah, right.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

You should try this
build.

No stunbreaker, heal, utility skill use at all? No dodging? Yeah, right.

In core tyria? Should be doable. Perhaps not everywhere, but in the vast majority of content.

ANET please nerf HoT

Shylock.4653

I think many people in the forum are exaggerating. They exaggerating the easiness of Core Tyria and they are exaggerating the difficulty of HoT. So Core Tyria has areas where you need to press more than only 1 and HoT isn’t remotely as difficult as Dark Souls.

I think the main problem here is that Core Tyria and HoT have different target audiences. In my opinion the target audience for Core Tyria is the unexperienced player and the target audience for HoT is the average player. Which doesn’t make HoT hard, HoT open world is quite easy it just isn’t as easy as core Tyria.

(edited by Shylock.4653)

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I think the main problem here is that Core Tyria and HoT have different target audiences. In my opinion the target audience for Core Tyria is the unexperienced player and the target audience for HoT is the average player.

I think HoT is aimed at the “above average” player and, by definition, half the players in the game are not above average. It’s a strange commercial decision to aim a whole expansion at only half of the player base.

GW1 and GW2 have always been “mostly easy” so it’s hardly surprising that some folk are not happy with the difficulty level of HoT. Which is why I think we’ll see more HoT nerfs as time goes on.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

HoT isn’t even difficult. Players are finally presented with a small challenge and they can’t handle it. You should have figured out by now how to navigate through each map and how to deal with various mobs, if you have not then that isn’t the games fault.

Don’t go asking for nerfs if you have not put in the effort to learn the map and environment. Anet put a lot of effort in making HoT rewarding and the last thing this game needs is to be like core Tyria where pressing 1 was all you did.

RP enthusiast

ANET please nerf HoT

Ardid.7203

I supose whe don’t have the tools required to know what an “average” player is.

I didn’t were able to beat Liadri. I’m still struggling to get the achievements from Windmane (Journal LS 2) . I have never completed the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle, or the Clockwork one. I haven’t done a Legendary. I have never killed the Triple Trouble Wurm, much less a Raid Boss.

I truly BELIEVE those are the “above average” contents in the game.

Yet the only real problem I have when traversing HoT maps is that I still lose the path in Tangled Deepths. For me, killing or skipping mobs isn’t hard, just require a little practice and common sense.

I’ll be really hapy if someone can confirm I’m an “above average” player, but I really doubt it.

Hawks

ANET please nerf HoT

Astralporing.1957

I supose whe don’t have the tools required to know what an “average” player is.

Well, according to the info that Anet let slip during LS1 (more precisely, the Marionette discussion), an average player at that time didn’t know how to dodge. I sincerely doubt that players significantly improved since that time.

Actions, not words.

ANET please nerf HoT

Shylock.4653

Well, according to the info that Anet let slip during LS1 (more precisely, the Marionette discussion), an average player at that time didn’t know how to dodge. I sincerely doubt that players significantly improved since that time.

You didn’t have much confidence to your fellow players if you think they haven’t improved in more than 2 years.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You didn’t have much confidence to your fellow players if you think they haven’t improved in more than 2 years.

Some did, others didn’t. The veteran players calling for nerfs to HoT over things that could easily be remedied by improving how they played is evident to that.

ANET please nerf HoT

Ardid.7203

Wow. Then average is basically inept? Wow.

Hawks

ANET please nerf HoT

Astralporing.1957

Remember, that the skilled and/or experienced players are only a small part of the community. Two years ago, 90% bar for AP was around 4.5k ap. Now it is 1000 AP lower. At the time when the first real great farm was introduced by Anet (several of them at the same time, actually – Scarlet Invasion events, Queen’s Gauntlet Deadeye farming and the Queen’s Pavillon farm below it), the gold income for that whole 2 weeks for a median player was, according to Anet, around 2 gold.
And so on, and so on, and so on.

The average on anything in GW2 is low.

Actions, not words.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I would expect the AP average to be lower with the influx of FtP accounts.

ANET please nerf HoT

General Health.9678

I’ll be really hapy if someone can confirm I’m an “above average” player, but I really doubt it.

You are.
You haven’t completed a Triple Trouble? Not a massive surprise. It’s quite an undertaking and pugs can’t do it. The “trick” is to use the LFG tool when a timer site says TT is due and if you see a guild such as TTS or RnT or Luck or .. well I’m sure there’s loads at different timezones that I’m not aware of.. running it then join. That’s all there is to it. I bet tons of people haven’t done it and I bet it’s largely the same people week in, week out turning up to fight it because it’s not faceroll and that’s unusual for PvE content.

I also haven’t done those jumping puzzles. Again I’d bet the thousands of completed runs are done by hundreds of people. Same with SAB, went in once never again yet people in my guild spent the entire time it was open doing nothing else. I think between us we probably form some kind of average.

Getting a Legendary is pretty easy. If you want one it’s a thing you can work on or buy. I have one. I spent three years thinking about it then a week actually doing it. A month later it’s still sat in my bank.. not everyone’s cup of tea including me it seems.

Maps in HoT are harder for which I’m incredibly grateful having played in them. Hated them after VB (loved VB from the start) and hated TD the most after spending days unable to do story progression because I couldn’t find the next stupid waypoint. Best thing.. dulfys mastery / hero point / strongboxes maps. Can’t recommend them enough.

ANET please nerf HoT

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

One tip that I can give to people who are doing night events in VB is how to make defending the camps really really easy. The endless spawning mobs don’t respawn until the last one is killed. If you keep one of them alive, all you have to do is kite it. If it’s a mender, you can simply just sit in camp and AFK.

Just make sure that you let all of the NPC’s get killed first. This won’t work on natural spawns obviously nor will it work on tendrils throwing the poison aoe fields.