Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: xDOLPHIN.9167

xDOLPHIN.9167

Q:

I have the expansion preordered, but I’m not sure how to tell if I’m currently in the beta. So far I’ve been checking to see if I was in was if I could make a Revenant, although I have seen a character slot labelled BETA a few weeks ago. Also, if I log in regularly I get greeted by “pre-order now!”, which I’ve already done. So I was wondering if something was wrong or if I’m just not doing it right. Is the beta closed right now? Is it in a separate client? What’s going on? Where am I? Who am I?

Am I missing something?

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

A:

Thanks for the quick answers, but when I mentioned a BETA slot on my character select screen, that was from a few weeks ago where the beta wasn’t accessible. Now that it’s accessible the slot is no longer there

Check all of your characters to make sure that some of them didn’t take up the beta slot somehow, or that any past beta characters aren’t still taking up a slot. Otherwise, if you can’t see 4 open beta slots on character select, and you definitely pre-purchased, then I would contact support.

Edit: Also check what Kyban mentioned and that the slots aren’t hiding off to the side of your screen.

(edited by Zalladi.4652)

Am I missing something?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

Just create a character in one of the beta slots on your account, and start playing.
Have fun!

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Am I missing something?

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

You are in the beta.

Those beta slots on your character select are the characters you can create which you can then play in the new zone with. It is only through those beta slots that you can experience the beta currently. So if you wish to have a go at the beta, create a new character using one of those beta slots, the Revenant should be available there also.

Am I missing something?

xDOLPHIN.9167

Thanks for the quick answers, but when I mentioned a BETA slot on my character select screen, that was from a few weeks ago where the beta wasn’t accessible. Now that it’s accessible the slot is no longer there

Am I missing something?

xDOLPHIN.9167

Check all of your characters to make sure that some of them didn’t take up the beta slot somehow, or that any past beta characters aren’t still taking up a slot. Otherwise, if you can’t see 4 open beta slots on character select, and you definitely pre-purchased, then I would contact support.

I’ll give this a try. Thanks a lot

Am I missing something?

Posted by: Kyban.4031

Kyban.4031

Also, make sure they’re not hiding off to the right. If you have more than seven characters you have to use the little arrow.

Am I missing something?

xDOLPHIN.9167

Alright, well this is embarassing. I know for a fact that I purchased the expansion, but checking my bank account shows no transaction for it. I put in money specifically to buy the expansion and some gems, and only the gem purchase was shown. So I guess the transaction for the expansion never went through? Either way, I’ve tried again and now all my slots are there and everything is working as intended.

Even though my problem was never a problem to begin with, I’m going to keep this thread up in case someone comes across this problem. Either way, thank you all for your quick support