Anet still no word of Build saver

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Still no news on build saving features…..

Come on. This been asked for, for about 2 years now

Posted by: kluki.3915

kluki.3915

Yea and i don’t know why, coz builds templates from gw1 was so simple and genius thing

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

Agreed. If Anet wants to improve build diversity, this would be an important step. I like to experiment with builds and often did in GW1, but sometimes I don’t feel like bothering with experimenting because of the hassle it would take to revert my changes if an experiment didn’t work. It encourages people to just find a build to live with rather than being more versatile.

I hope they can incorporate a build saver in the future. I’m no programmer, but I don’t understand why this is difficult to do. Not changing anything graphically or changing/balancing skill affects.

I guess a counter argument would be that in GW1, it made it easier for people to share cookie-cutter builds with eachother and implement them, but the cookie-cutters are available on the internet anyway for anyone who really wants them.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

There have been several requests for this feature since the games release. I can’t believe it hasn’t been added yet. It is a major feature so I would think if it was in HoT they would have announced it. Perhaps it will be in a Feature Patch before the release of HoT.

It would be even more useful in HoT since they are adding Specialization.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

Yes! I dont need silly gliders or mushroom jumping BS, just let me save my builds already

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

Ever since they removed permanence from your traits they’ve had no excuse not to add this feature; and we know specializations won’t have any permanence either… so what’s the hold up?

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Anet is working on it. We can only wait.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

For 2+ years…

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

For 2+ years…

So what’s a few more months / years?

Malthurius.6870

For 2+ years…

So what’s a few more months / years?

Might as well hold on to the hope it’ll be in GW3 then.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am really interested in this feature more so than others due to the fact that they are combining the queues of Stronghold and Conquest. The devs have admittedly said that the two formats play completely different from one another. Shouldn’t build/gear swapping on the fly be a priority then?

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Have to agree we need full on gear switching, trait set switching, I think they could do it easily for PVE with 2 specs on land and one spec for when you’re swimming the third of which would automatically switch everything out when you have the status of swimming happening.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

So agreed. Why isn’t this added yet

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Seriously, this would make life so much easier, come on ANet

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

Yeah I hope its coming in the expansion, would encourage ppl to try out more stuff in pve and in PvP you need are bettter off with a different build for stronghold, skyhammer, and the regular maps for example

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

Didn’t they say shortly after they made trait respecs free that they’ll work on it?

Posted by: Abdulaziz.1496

Abdulaziz.1496

This is a no-brainer.
I would be so disappointed if it wasn’t in HOT.
They had the chance to add it in one of the feature packs but they haven’t.

with the new map, this is a must!
We need to swap builds for different roles in different game modes! and it is really annoying to do it manually for each match!!!

If they didn’t have it in HoT, I know I would quit PvPing.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Some people were hoping for this for feature pack 2, but sadly it never came. It might not even come out with HoT, so i wouldn’t hold out hope. It’s too bad we can’t switch out our stats on exotics or ascended too.

Invictus.1503

Didn’t they say shortly after they made trait respecs free that they’ll work on it?

I believe they did. They have also said they are redoing the traits before HoT’s launch. With any luck, the templates is part of the trait redo.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

tigirius.9014

Some people were hoping for this for feature pack 2, but sadly it never came. It might not even come out with HoT, so i wouldn’t hold out hope. It’s too bad we can’t switch out our stats on exotics or ascended too.

While I’m absolutely on board with the “don’t hold your breath” notion, it still begs the question since they destroyed their suggestions folder, why it’s not in the game.

In games with talent trees etc, this system is an absolute must for the QoL of modern mmo design, it’s as much needed as a wallet is or storage access everywhere.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

With Stronghold on the horizon a build template system will be needed even more. Especially if they are going to have it in the same queue as conquest. Hopefully we will get something soon. We know they have been wanting to add it for some time, we just need to be a bit more patient. It will come.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Truth be said, this kind of feature was far more useful in GW1 than in GW2.

In the original Guild Wars, gear did little to define your stats. In GW2, in other hand, most of your stats and half your skills are defined by gear. So being able to change your trait points and skills around wouldn’t make as much difference as changing your equipment around.

Malthurius.6870

In the original Guild Wars, gear did little to define your stats. In GW2, in other hand, most of your stats and half your skills are defined by gear. So being able to change your trait points and skills around wouldn’t make as much difference as changing your equipment around.

A PvP build saver could recall everything about the build; from the weapons, to the amulet, to the traits, to the sigils and runes, and utilities. It would be very convenient to have this; especially with Stronghold coming down the pipe where players will want different builds for that and conquest.

In PvE, it would just allow players to have more than one build without having to either write down, create a link to the build on a site, or remember their builds. Even if it can’t change your armor and weapons, changing your traits alone would just be convenient.

They should add it to the game, even if it was only for PvP… but the system would give enough convenience to PvE players that if they did add it, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work in PvE too.

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

Yes, Build saver is something elemental in PvP and we still don’t have it. ArenaNet, 2 years, srsly?

This should be the first step, not last. No build saver, no true PvP, no e-sport.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

While it is indeed a rather useful thing, clearly the game have survived and worked quite well for two years without it, so clearly it is fully possible to play without having said system.

Is this really something that they should put as a high priority thing, when it is fully possible to enjoy the game without it? Or should they rather focus on things that actually need fixing?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Trait/Utility saving please.

Posted by: Lamu.8453

Lamu.8453

While it is indeed a rather useful thing, clearly the game have survived and worked quite well for two years without it, so clearly it is fully possible to play without having said system.

No, it didn’t survive, I’m not a fairy but players who keep playing PvP after these 2 years are 5-10% of the potential community. Thanks ArenaNet they improved matchmaking, but it is not GW PvP 1.0 yet. It’s like v0.85. After 2 years.

If I play mesmer and I want to play even 2 different builds in one day it is a nightmare to do that. Instead I have to play the same build for days and weeks because it is too frustrating to change 3 same builds every day for 2 years. I feel like an idiot to have to do that. Not only because it devours my time, but also it is a basic standard since GW1.

I love ArenaNet and GW, I am exited for HoT, but build saver is a MAJOR feature.
If GW2 wants to compete with MOBA or any other multiplayer game, they really need to give us build saver.

PLEASE.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Yes! I dont need silly gliders or mushroom jumping BS, just let me save my builds already

This is gonna be my new signature.

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

Switching gear between 2 builds is trivial. Just mindlessly double-click a bunch of gear with usually only 1 option for me. Doing anything other than a very minor change to my traits is something I am often afraid to do. I literally take screenshots of working builds because I’m afraid I will forget something important when I try to switch back.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

A few simple saves will make people happy.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Switching gear between 2 builds is trivial. Just mindlessly double-click a bunch of gear with usually only 1 option for me. Doing anything other than a very minor change to my traits is something I am often afraid to do. I literally take screenshots of working builds because I’m afraid I will forget something important when I try to switch back.

Actually swapping out my gear takes just as much time for me as swapping out traits. You have 16 slots of gear to swap out, and if you get too click-happy you mess up and equip the wrong thing. Not to mention you have to manually drag or use the hero panel to switch rings and trinkets because if you just double click it only swaps the first slot. It takes me like 30 seconds to switch gear, and even longer to switch traits, and it involves many clicks. A template system would reduce all of this down to 1 or 2 clicks, and I wouldn’t have to worry about having the wrong boots on.

Posted by: yasb.6592

yasb.6592

This is gonna be my new signature.

Haha looks great

tigirius.9014

Hardly it’s very much necessary here for even the most basic of needs. Take the underwater combat for example something that didn’t really exist in GW1 like it does in GW2.

The traits themselves for underwater combat are sometimes completely different than the traits for the on land combat specs. So when you jump into the water and you begin swimming it would be nice if it would switch out your traits to those that are required for underwater combat just as automatically as it does your mask and underwater weapon.

The same goes for when fighting boss fights or fighting solo. Right now, conditions work okay for solo but the moment you get into a zerg fighting a boss it simply doesn’t help at all. Same goes for support, when you get into 5 mans or do tanky stuff support works great until you get into a large boss fight and then you need to switch. It’s poorly designed at the most basic level and one of the things that will help is the ability to switch specs with ease.

Posted by: Ranatoa.4869

Ranatoa.4869

It would be nice to get some attention on this. Even if it only saves Traits and Skills it would be a huge improvement and I could live with lugging around and swapping out the equipment.

This will be especially convenient since Stronghold will be in the same queue as Conquest and Courtyard. Even in PvE it would make a major improvement to quality of life. I don’t need to repost a lot of the good points already listed such as boss fights and solo vs group content.

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Pleeeeeease add a build saver. I have enough trouble with deathmatch and conquest. Let alone a mode that would require people to be playing different roles. I’ve been staying with the exact same build because I know I won’t remember how to change it if I switch out of it fast enough in matches and/or remember to switch it.

I’m too afraid to experiment with the lovely traits that are now not permanent because I know if I change it I won’t remember what I have, even in PvE. So if the new build doesn’t work, then I won’t be able to go back to what I was using :/

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Yes to build saver!!!!

Not accessible when a pvp match starts.
30 second cooldown from when you drop combat in wvw and eots
30 second cooldown on use in pve.

Done, only bugs could cause exploiting. And SO MANY PLAYERS WOULD BENEFIT!

I’ll even buy it for gems! X00 gems for an account wide unlock; hell, give it X00 gems per extra build (sounds like a rip-off, but I’d take anything at this point)

Signed,
A Guild Wars 2 Fan.

Posted by: JamesKBarley.6087

JamesKBarley.6087

I’ll even buy it for gems! X00 gems for an account wide unlock; hell, give it X00 gems per extra build (sounds like a rip-off, but I’d take anything at this point)

PLEASE don’t give them such ideas!! lol

Ranatoa.4869

I just want to know why everyone cares more about ridiculous theories for Revenants getting their own story/starter zone than they do about a very plausible and useful idea of a build saver…

Invictus.1503

I just want to know why everyone cares more about ridiculous theories for Revenants getting their own story/starter zone than they do about a very plausible and useful idea of a build saver…

You have to understand, this is a topic that has been discussed, discussed again, and discussed even more over the years. I created a topic after the first few weeks of launch about it and have seen many many more over the life of this game. Revenant is something new, and something confirmed to be coming so of course there will be discussions talking about every little aspect of it.

Personally, I’m tired of talking about a build saver. Not because I don’t want it or think it would be useful, but because I’ve said everything I can over the years and I suspect a lot of people feel the same.

Ranatoa.4869

You have to understand, this is a topic that has been discussed, discussed again, and discussed even more over the years. I created a topic after the first few weeks of launch about it and have seen many many more over the life of this game. Revenant is something new, and something confirmed to be coming so of course there will be discussions talking about every little aspect of it.

Personally, I’m tired of talking about a build saver. Not because I don’t want it or think it would be useful, but because I’ve said everything I can over the years and I suspect a lot of people feel the same.

That’s a fair point, an unfortunate point but a fair one none-the-less.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Meh. We already have a build saver. It’s called alts.

I should be writing.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Since they are currently replacing (thinking of replacing/working on replacing) the trait system with a new “simpler” version, we’re just going to have to wait and see if build templates are a part of that.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Ranatoa.4869

That would be nice, my interpretation was that they are changing how the traits are unlocked though. Of course I don’t know and it seems pointless after just changing the way that traits are unlocked.

Edit: found it – http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-29-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-expansion-level-cap-gear-tier

“We’re going to be removing the current trait unlocking system currently on live and replacing it with a more simplified system that supports where skills-traits-specialisations are going in the future.”

(edited by Ranatoa.4869)

Posted by: Caerbanog.3410

Caerbanog.3410

Number 1 priority for me !

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

I agree, this should be considered more important than ANY other feature.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: Caerbanog.3410

Caerbanog.3410

Being able to remember and change your build in less than 20 sec before being blocked in an inconsistent state because the timer ends in pvp or a group member engages a fight in a dungeon shouldn’t be a required skill in this game.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Being able to remember and change your build in less than 20 sec before being blocked in an inconsistent state because the timer ends in pvp or a group member engages a fight in a dungeon shouldn’t be a required skill in this game.

Yip, happens to me OFTEN. I change my build up A LOT depending on map.

Now imagine when Stronghold drops into the same queue. Wonderful…

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

This topic is pointless considering when they added the PvP “build thing” the designer for it stated he was working on a buildsaver, but had some issues given the way guild wars 2 is. Then he ask for suggestions on what was to be on the template and implied they could bring it out unless it was functional for all 3 modes.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Now with Stronghold they have actual chance do some esport but withou build manager it will be dissaster especialy when specializations increase amount of builds.
It hope it will be there

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Dovienya.6597

Dovienya.6597

A PvP build saver could recall everything about the build; from the weapons, to the amulet, to the traits, to the sigils and runes, and utilities. It would be very convenient to have this; especially with Stronghold coming down the pipe where players will want different builds for that and conquest.

In PvE, it would just allow players to have more than one build without having to either write down, create a link to the build on a site, or remember their builds. Even if it can’t change your armor and weapons, changing your traits alone would just be convenient.

They should add it to the game, even if it was only for PvP… but the system would give enough convenience to PvE players that if they did add it, I don’t see why it shouldn’t work in PvE too.

A build saver could save PVE gear as well. I’ve thought since the wardrobe came out that a more efficient way to do it would be to allow the player to use their charges to save outfits made up out of armor pieces as appearance in one pane and set up stat-associated armor sets in the gear section. A “Build” for PVE could, at the player’s discretion involve traits, outfit, and armor/trinkets or just one of the three. (Rift does something similar to this. The last time I played, I changed skills and armor with a macro key, wardrobe by switching wardrobe panes. ) Anet could recoup the losses in funds from selling transmutation charges by selling the first couple of additional outfit/gear save panes for in-game gold, and the latter ones for gems.

Not to add on, but GW1 also allowed for switching weapon sets on the fly without having to go into the hero pane or inventory which was really convenient. Its not a big deal to open the hero pane most of the time, but sometimes it can be a pain and would be nice to have the sets for different builds laid out. For all the things GW2 updated, some things were backpedals.