Angry Joe Pax Review

Angry Joe Pax Review

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Angry Joe speaks his mind about the upcoming expansion after attending Pax South.

IGN: Aussie Archer

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

HoT part starts at 7:35, ends at 11:40, to save the viewers the trouble;)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Thanks! I thought Iinked the specific time

IGN: Aussie Archer

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Thanks! I thought Iinked the specific time

I think the linked times only work with the shortened links (which sadly do not display the video in gw2 forums)

Interesting opinion of his. I can see how the presentation could have appeared not as exciting to some people, though.

(edited by Lazaar.9123)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Homeworld: Remastered! YESSSSS:-) Going to pre-order right now.

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Kusumura.8642

Kusumura.8642

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

You can’t take his opinion about the game serious right now, he haven’t played for ages. :P I have him on my friendlist, was in his guild at launch.
But I will look forward to seeing gw2 videos from him again

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

It’s interesting to nite the lukewarm reaction to the expansion, being someone who had fallen out of playing the game. A few people I know who’d ripped out of GW2 were lukewarm about the announcement,

The main thing is there isn’t too much oomph for the new or returning player, it’s a expansion that seems more tailored for existing players. Not a bad thing, but a thing nontheless.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It’s interesting to nite the lukewarm reaction to the expansion, being someone who had fallen out of playing the game. A few people I know who’d ripped out of GW2 were lukewarm about the announcement,

The main thing is there isn’t too much oomph for the new or returning player, it’s a expansion that seems more tailored for existing players. Not a bad thing, but a thing nontheless.

Isn’t that usually the point though? Adding an end-game expansion for the people that actually play the game?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Angry Joe Pax Review

ZeftheWicked.3076

If content oriented for new players is to look anything like NPE then i will start a kickstarter fundraising to buy a huge pirate ship, for the sole purpose of keelhauling any A-net employee that gets those bright ideas.

As for Angry Joe it’s good that he’s being reserved. If the expansion is half as good as i suspect he’ll be positively shocked and satisfied, though remember people – this is angry joe. For him the announcement was prolly something like this:

“Blah Blah, blah, yappidy…New pvp mode and new WvW map!!..blah, blappidy-blah, blah blah…”

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

If content oriented for new players is to look anything like NPE then i will start a kickstarter fundraising to buy a huge pirate ship, for the sole purpose of keelhauling any A-net employee that gets those bright ideas.

As for Angry Joe it’s good that he’s being reserved. If the expansion is half as good as i suspect he’ll be positively shocked and satisfied, though remember people – this is angry joe. For him the announcement was prolly something like this:

“Blah Blah, blah, yappidy…New pvp mode and new WvW map!!..blah, blappidy-blah, blah blah…”

There are a lot of people that feel exactly the same as he does. GW2 was sold with WvW and SPvP being a major features. ArenaNet though did not support them well with continued development, they focused instead on Living World. So of course they will see the announcement as being lackluster considering ArenaNet’s treatment of those communities in the last 2+ years. A new SPvP gamemode and WvW mechanic changes should have been in the game in year 1. A new borderland should have been in the game in year 2 at most. The question now is whether those features in the expansion are worth paying for or is it more of the same with similar lack of dev support post launch?

Angry Joe Pax Review

ZeftheWicked.3076

Well can’t argue with that, save one point. New borderland should’ve been there from day 0, cause kitten that map is fugly and generic, blergh.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Interesting. Thank you for posting this. Really respect Joe.

Gone to Reddit.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Joe hits the nail on the head when he says “this should have been in the game years ago”.

That’s how I felt as well during the HoT presentation and I’m not even a returning player or some “casual”, I play GW2 on quite a regular basis.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking at HoT in a positive way and I’m sure it’s gonna be awesome, but the HoT presentation certainly didn’t blow me away.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Not a big fan of his but I gotta agree. A lot of interesting stuff but no BAM megafeature that brings people back. I guess the sum of its parts will make the complete package quite good and worthy of purchase (I know I will buy it!) but again, no definitive ‘must buy feature’ to bring the masses back that left during the rather lackluster and barebones LS.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I think we need to see more about the expansion before we decide if it’s must buy or not. Obviously it’s must buy for fans of the game already.

I definitely think that making the announcement of no new gear tiers and no raised level cap will resonate with a lot of people. That clarity could mean a lot, and the return to a more horizontal progression will appeal to other people.

I’m most excited for the mastery system, because to me that’s the missing component to make this game great.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Isn’t that usually the point though? Adding an end-game expansion for the people that actually play the game?

In this case, perhaps offering a much-needed balance to the ‘start-game diminution’ of the NPE, which, by definition, was not for people that actually play the game.

The table is a fable.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Pretty much. I think that producing any expansion for any game is as much about retaining players as it is about drawing people back or attracting new players to the game. It has to be.

The new content will either be enough to draw back players or it won’t, (that depends entirely on why those players left) but if the content isn’t tailored towards the players playing the game now then they risk those players leaving the game too.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

At the risk of being slightly off topic, I’m kinda weirded out by how Angry Joe is not angry.

Granted I don’t watch anything other than his reviews where he has to be rather… “animated”.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Homeworld: Remastered! YESSSSS:-) Going to pre-order right now.

Despite what Joe says in the video, keep in mind what Gearbox did to Colonial Marines (mostly lied, misled and faked footage pre-release). Buyer beware!

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

It’s a little sad that he seemed to misinterpret the GvG stuff.

He stated that it’s a WvW GvG war instead of it being a new PvP gametype with a GvG leaderboard. Their excitement on a point where they completely misunderstood the point made me cringe a little…

Also, he said he wasn’t blown away by the announcement but he clearly hasn’t been playing the game for some time. They announced they’re finally releasing things that the community have been asking for for years, despite the fact that some of it should have been released ages ago, it’s still great that we’re finally getting certain things.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

I agreed on all his points and felt the same way while watching the stream. A lot of major features they’re announcing should have been in the game at launch. In addition, I’m positive they have an idea for a launch window but they refuse to give that date out. It’s like they want to string along people that are interested in the game and force them to check the HoT website/social media to continue to stay on top of things GW2 related — in the case of Joe and his co-presenter, it looks like that failed.

Also, the PAX South presentation was extremely abstract. There were close to zero specific details on how any of this is going to work. As an abstract, or summary, the presentation looks kinda nice. When we start delving into the specific details, it may or may not be that great anymore. We just don’t know at this point, so I think it’s good that Joe is exercising caution in regards for his enthusiasm at this point (I know I’m skeptical too). Especially since this seems like a scheme to keep people obsessed with GW2/HoT.

What I mean by scheme is that I think their attempt to trickle release profession information (etc.) worked well for the initial launch of Guild Wars 2. At this point, to get any specific information for Heart of Thorns, I’m either going to have to stay (relatively) attached to this website and social media or not play this hype game. What new weapons will all the current professions be able to use? Only a select few were chosen for the reveal. Why did I have to go to an outside interview source to find out that you can swap your “ascended” profession at any time so long as you are out of combat (ex. from ranger to druid and vice versa)?

They’re going to have a closed beta available at PAX East. I guess I’ll just follow the hype train there to get another, potentially small, dose of information.

(edited by Athena.3579)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

You can’t take his opinion about the game serious right now, he haven’t played for ages. :P I have him on my friendlist, was in his guild at launch.

So because he hasn’t played for a while his opinion isn’t valid?
Veterans who have played for 2 years and ended up playing less because they were bored by the last living stories can’t have a valid opinion?

Actually if you look at games like WoW, expansions tend to bring back old players who stopped playing because they didn’t have things to do anymore.

Players who are still playing… well, there is no need to attract them. The LS is enough.

Angry Joe Pax Review

psizone.8437

Veterans who have played for 2 years and ended up playing less because they were bored by the last living stories can’t have a valid opinion?

Actually if you look at games like WoW, expansions tend to bring back old players who stopped playing because they didn’t have things to do anymore.

Players who are still playing… well, there is no need to attract them. The LS is enough.

To be fair, the announcement seemed to be catered to players who have kept up with the living story, so someone who spent less time on playing the game will have less of an interest and less excitement for this expansion.

WoW is a unique comparison, that game is an addiction for many, many gamers, they release very expensive expansions regularly and whilst they bring back players, they seem to drop off again once they complete the content (or seek medical help).

I disagree that releasing expansions regularly is needed to keep an MMO active. The way they work the LS, they have more than enough content coming in to keep their playerbase happy.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

To be fair, the announcement seemed to be catered to players who have kept up with the living story, so someone who spent less time on playing the game will have less of an interest and less excitement for this expansion.

It is possible to be following the LS and still pretty much NOT be playing the game.
For instance, I come back every 2 weeks, play the LS for 30 minutes and I log out. The rest of the time I play ArcheAge.

Angry Joe Pax Review

psizone.8437

It is possible to be following the LS and still pretty much NOT be playing the game.
For instance, I come back every 2 weeks, play the LS for 30 minutes and I log out. The rest of the time I play ArcheAge.

But the key point is, you play the living story and as such this expansion would naturally cater to you since it’s got many story elements. Not to say you are guaranteed to want to play it, but it’s more likely.

AngryJoe implies in the video that he and his guild haven’t been playing at all so the expansion wouldn’t cater to him much.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Taking his advice is like putting your foot underneath a snake and hoping it wont bite you.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

IKR, the moment i heard of the expansion i thought “dude they should have release it NOW” like they should have developped one year ago or months ago.
it’s like we are all already tired of the existing content now.

like another 7-9 months of die down. gg

Angry Joe Pax Review

psizone.8437

IKR, the moment i heard of the expansion i thought “dude they should have release it NOW” like they should have developped one year ago or months ago.

They have been developing it for at last a year, perhaps longer.

It’s unlikely that it’ll release much longer than 4-5 months considering the living story (their main game feature) will be on hold until the expansion pack releases.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

It’s unlikely that it’ll release much longer than 4-5 months considering the living story (their main game feature) will be on hold until the expansion pack releases.

I mean like “annoncement” if you know what i mean, usally takes 7-9 months from the first annoncement to release a exp if not 4-5 months at least.

like FF14 they revealed their first exp almost 1 year ago and they are about to release it recently..

Angry Joe Pax Review

psizone.8437

I mean like “annoncement” if you know what i mean, usally takes 7-9 months from the first annoncement to release a exp if not 4-5 months at least.

I read in the forums a few days ago that someone went back and checked Arenanets past announcement-release gap and it was around the 3 month mark. And considering the largest gap in the living story was 4 months, I can’t see them taking much longer than 4-5.

If you’re taking the 9 months mark from games such as WoW then try to take that with a pinch of salt, they have a much higher budget and place a lot more into the expansion packs than most games out there. Though consequently, they’re usually much more expensive to purchase.

Angry Joe Pax Review

psizone.8437

like FF14 they revealed their first exp almost 1 year ago and they are about to release it recently..

Sounds like they jumped the gun a bit, a year is quite a wait for an announced expansion…

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

These guys just nailed it.

All that stuff had to be there since release.
Like Guild Halls or the maps of the Maguuma Jungle.

Everything else is just illusion of new stuff. It’s not really something creative and new.
You don’t get new weapons like promised they just give you access to already existing weapons you never asked for…. Necro and Great Sword ??? really ????

The regular A-Net way…. lowest amount of creativity and effort but asking for the highest possible return.
And they needed 3 years for that ?? Wowwwww….

Every GW1 Vet is insulted by this.

What’s next 3 maps of Crystal Desert and Scepter and Focus for Norn Warriors ???
Of course with Sand Wulfs and Sand Plants corrupted by some Sand Dragon…….

This is a total let down.

The only highlight was the stellar presentation from the “How to present your product successfully” guide to the weak minded masses who clapped their Thunder Stick to most meaningless phrases thrown to the crowd.

From my view as an educated economist this was brilliant.
My favorite part were the influencing questions like…“We could have made the maps boring and uninteresting to play but do you guys want that” ??
And the masses erupts with a big “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO” followed by clapping Thunder Sticks………………….
An absolutely foreseeable reaction by weak minded.
You could clearly see that Colin didn’t feel good doing it but hey…. it’s marketing.

So yeah…. all in all what i expected. Pointless random stuff not worth of an expansion.

Angry Joe Pax Review

psizone.8437

Everything else is just illusion of new stuff. It’s not really something creative and new.
You don’t get new weapons like promised they just give you access to already existing weapons you never asked for…. Necro and Great Sword ??? really ????

The regular A-Net way…. lowest amount of creativity and effort but asking for the highest possible return.

What’s next 3 maps of Crystal Desert and Scepter and Focus for Norn Warriors ???

The only highlight was the stellar presentation from the “How to present your product successfully” guide to the weak minded masses who clapped their Thunder Stick to most meaningless phrases thrown to the crowd.

My favorite part were the influencing questions like…“We could have made the maps boring and uninteresting to play but do you guys want that” ??
And the masses erupts with a big “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO” followed by clapping Thunder Sticks………………….
You could clearly see that Colin didn’t feel good doing it but hey…. it’s marketing.

They didn’t have some things at release, they can’t be blamed for packaging some of it in with the expansions pack.

Illusion of new stuff? We get a new class, 9 specialisations and a new story with maps.

They never promised new weapons, they did however promise to add the already present weapons with classes that couldn’t originally use them. Not to say that they won’t add no weapon types ever, just not now.

Sand dragon in the Crystal Desert, eh? Kralkatorrik has been in the game lore the whole time.

Actually, I’ve seen countless threads in the necro forum asking for a greatsword weapon…so… yeah.

I’m a GW1 vet and I’m not yet disappointed. Hell, we don’t even have all the information, how can you say they’re cheaping out on content and asking for lots of money when all the content hasn’t been revealed and the nor has the price?

And you end it all by insulting a chunk of the playerbase, how lovely.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Depends on how long they wait with announcing it.
The fact that we know that it will be playable in less than 6 weeks with beta starting up very soon after that would suggest that it is much closer than 7-9 months and more along the lines of 3-4 months.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

So yeah…. all in all what i expected. Pointless random stuff not worth of an expansion.

Sorry, Stop speaking for everyone. Im a 7 year gw1 veteran and i am not insulted at all, actually im quite thrilled.

They never promised new weapons, they promised that all classes would be able to use new weapons previously unavailable to them. we are getting that. Necro players have been asking for a greatsword for a long time. Again stop speaking for everyone.

Its to early to speak of if its not worth it or not(Unless you dont play this game anymore and just dont want to come back for any reason). Same with people saying it will be to small. Congrats! you jumped the gun!

My entire guild was/is super excited about this, and i expect that everybody with level 80s will be buying the expansion early, or the day of release, just because they want to see the new maguuma jungle region.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

Really? You’re best ‘point’ is that these things ‘had’ to be there at release? Why? Because GW1 had Guild Halls and GvG at release GW2 must also? Well darn, by that logic we shouldnt’ve gotten thieves (GW2’s version of Assassins), at launch and we shouldn’t have multiple races at all! Or half of the weapon/profession combinations. Simply because GW1 did not have them.

To reiterate: Something not being there at launch being added to a game later is not a valid complaint. I can sit here and whine about how the account bound wardrobe and the megaserver system HAD to be in the game at launch but that doesn’t make my complaint logical or valid in any way.

It’s true that they promised new weapon types, but they also promised to expand the current weapon/class system to give current weapon types to more professions. While you may not have wanted Necros to have greatswords, a lot of people did.

I like how you insinuate that GW1 is much superior in comparison to GW2 and then go on to say that A-net consistently asks for as much as they can get whilst doing very little work. Very consistent.

Also, I’m not insulted. I’ve gotten 2 1/2 years of FREE content updates, on a 2-3 weekly basis. Why in the world would I be insulted at a paid expansion? Anet sure seems lazy.. updating their game for 2 1/2 years without getting any sort of direct gain from it in the form of a sub fee or packaging all of s1 into a paid expansion.

slow clap Yes, let’s just jump to ridiculous extremes, that gives credence to your complaints, for sure! And of course! Anyone who enjoys playing the game and as such would be happy with the announcement of an expansion must be weak minded! No, it’s certainly not possible for other people to merely have a different opinion than you do! They must be “weak minded” to like something that you illogically hate!

I’m so done with spoiled people.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

eeeeehhh…

he’s totally entitled to his opinion, of course, and people are free to not get hyped about it, but i can’t help but feel like he’s just one more of those people that left around november at best and then assume the game stayed the same, with the option to hammer a few warning signs every few months.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

October 18th isn’t ‘almost 1 year ago’.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It seems a lot of people still haven’t figured out the way people like Angry Joe and TB operate. Given the fact that these guys rely on viewerships for revenue, it is in their best interest to extremely critical and they focus on what they think will be or is popular.

They usually just follow the hype train for page hits.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

It seems a lot of people still haven’t figured out the way people like Angry Joe and TB operate. Given the fact that these guys rely on viewerships for revenue, it is in their best interest to extremely critical and they focus on what they think will be or is popular.

They usually just follow the hype train for page hits.

more like they have to cover a broad spectrum of games, so they never stick to a single one long enough to get a great opinion of it (especially when it comes to constantly evolving games like MMOs)

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Kurrilino.2706

Kurrilino.2706

slow clap Yes, let’s just jump to ridiculous extremes, that gives credence to your complaints, for sure! And of course! Anyone who enjoys playing the game and as such would be happy with the announcement of an expansion must be weak minded! No, it’s certainly not possible for other people to merely have a different opinion than you do! They must be “weak minded” to like something that you illogically hate!

I’m so done with spoiled people.

These words “weak minded” are not my idea or my invention.
You clearly never attended any promotion or advertisement classes in a ecconomy course. You learn even other words which would give me a perma ban here for sure.

Fact is that Video gaming is exactly like any other industry.
And of course it is handled like every other industry where 97% of the product is useless or pure garbage.

Everything starts with a target group. So people who will most likely buy your products.
In the case of video gaming “and this is not made by me or supported” the target group are under 20 who are not contributing to the society, not fullfilling the standards of the society or being pushed to the edge of the society for several reasons.
!!!Again, this is not made by me, this is what they teach you when it comes to target groups!!!!
This is why Video games always follow the same plot. You are the Hero and the absolute center point of everything.
Absolutely nobody would advertise Video games with having Dentists or Lawers in mind. Like it or not, our society has classes.

This why i loved Colins presentation from the point of view of ecconomics.
he appealed to lowest desires of the crowd, with saying stuff like: “We could have done the new maps and gameplay totally boring, but would you guys like that ?
Of course the masses yelled back “NOOOOOOO”
And this is exactly appealing to the weak minded.
The reaction of the crowd was planned and he did it a couple of times.

But if you watch his body language he didn’t like it at all.
So you can be sure that this presentation was planned by professionals and of course these guys went by the textbooks.

This is all i am saying. It has nothing to do with insulting someone.
It is just reality. Just keep in mind that i am playing this game too.
I am just not as easy to please as the regular gamer.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Iretha.7625

Iretha.7625

These words “weak minded” are not my idea or my invention.
You clearly never attended any promotion or advertisement classes in a ecconomy course. You learn even other words which would give me a perma ban here for sure.

Doesn’t matter if someone else made up the words or terms, you just used them, in an insulting manner, and they are insulting. A look at you! Trying to wave you your ehm.. “education” in economics around as if no one else has had any. I will tell you this now: In my experience I have never encountered the term “weak minded” or “weak minded masses” in a professional setting, not in marketing, not in business, or otherwise. It’s just not kosher.

I know you’re probably NOT trying to come off as conceited, so I won’t slam you too hard for that.

Fact is that Video gaming is exactly like any other industry.
And of course it is handled like every other industry where 97% of the product is useless or pure garbage.

Nobody said that it wasn’t and this is beside the point.

Everything starts with a target group. So people who will most likely buy your products.
In the case of video gaming “and this is not made by me or supported” the target group are under 20 who are not contributing to the society, not fullfilling the standards of the society or being pushed to the edge of the society for several reasons.
!!!Again, this is not made by me, this is what they teach you when it comes to target groups!!!!
This is why Video games always follow the same plot. You are the Hero and the absolute center point of everything.
Absolutely nobody would advertise Video games with having Dentists or Lawers in mind. Like it or not, our society has classes.

More irrelevancies, nobody is denying that our society has a class system, nobody’s going to argue that Canada has a caste system.

This why i loved Colins presentation from the point of view of ecconomics.
he appealed to lowest desires of the crowd, with saying stuff like: “We could have done the new maps and gameplay totally boring, but would you guys like that ?
Of course the masses yelled back “NOOOOOOO”
And this is exactly appealing to the weak minded.

This is all i am saying. It has nothing to do with insulting someone.
It is just reality. Just keep in mind that i am playing this game too.
I am just not as easy to please as the regular gamer.

I don’t even have to write anything here, I can just stick these three quotes together and let them speak for themselves. And might I say, I simply love the last two sentences of the final two quotes.

With that said I’m done, I hope you have fun seeing people manipulate the “weak minded.” You know, since you’re too good to fall for that sort of thing.

(edited by Iretha.7625)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Guild halls, and structured GvG definitely should have been in the game in 2012. You cannot argue that.

Why? Gw1 had guild halls and GvG at release. GW1 even had multiple pvp modes at release, even though they were flawed and some were removed from the game.

GW1 veterans were disappointed because of these reasons and more. These were good features that existed in GW1 from the start and they are only making their way to GW2 2+years later!

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I agree with most of Kurrilino’s opinions, if not his method of giving them. Watching the stream, I felt lukewarm about the entire presentation. The trailer had its moments, but I still came away feeling like . . . that’s all?

It is what it is.

To reiterate: Something not being there at launch being added to a game later is not a valid complaint.

I can point out an entire Sims 4 community that says otherwise.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Taomagicdragon.9718

Taomagicdragon.9718

My thoughts:

I never did understand the argument “X should have been in the game sooner/at launch.”

Would the content/system not being in the expansion at all make the expansion better? Doubtful.

Is it simply a slight against the company itself? Fair enough, though that seems to be a critique of the base-game itself, not the expansion and therefore also feels off-base.

My views of the PAX event:

New Profession: Usually expected with an expansion bearing the Guild Wars name. The profession draws upon GW1 lore which is always good for me.

New Maps: 3 Biomes means, at least, 3 interconnecting zones and if so, that feels small. Without knowing the size or the true number (they said Biome which may be different than a zone or a map) I can’t give an opinion except for a range of “too little bang for the buck” to “AMG V47U3Z”.

Masteries: Skill points used to acquire new skills. If these are for the new area only, then it’ll feel like mounted combat in LotRO: Awesome but rarely used unless I decide to only live in the new areas.

Proficiencies: New weapons and skills per class (not a new weapon type outright). I like this, more variety is always good.

Guild Halls: Bring it on, I’ll be curious how smaller guilds will fair when compared against larger guilds. Either way, I like it.

GvG: Same as the above: I like it but wonder how small guilds work into the system against larger ones.

Without knowing anything else, I know I’ll by one (a CE if one is available) for my main account and probably the digital version for my other accounts.

(edited by Taomagicdragon.9718)

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I really hope there is more that will be added to HoT than what we’ve already been shown, because, like Angry Joe said, a lot of the things being added by the expansion should have been there at launch. I want this expansion to not only be a completion of things most people expected at launch, but a true addition beyond that.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Angry Joe Pax Review

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Yep it is really hard to figure out whether or not Anet is just trying to fix something or completely add new stuff.

This time they make you pay for it

Angry Joe Pax Review

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

AngryJoe hyped the original game and left it without any interest in it. Now he’s commenting about things he obviously has nothing professional to say about. Once a great reviewer now is a liability. I dare to say these days he chooses games to review only with the views indicator in mind.

I don’t want him to review HoT or make any materials about it.

Angry Joe Pax Review

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Angry Joe will definitely bring his angry army over to GW2 and play the expansion for about a month then get really bored. You can tell he doesn’t play MMOs a whole lot.