Are druids a sure thing?

Are druids a sure thing?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: myself.2143

myself.2143

Here’s a thought.

What if druid ISN’T the new elite spec for ranger?

While they did say that Rangers would have a druid spec during the reveal at that PAX or whatever it was, it wasn’t set in stone, and things can change before a release as anet may have decided to go in a different direction. Since they have yet to officially announce the elite spec for rangers, who’s to say Druid is the guarantee?

After all, everybody assumed Thief would get a rifle and some kind of ‘sniper’ spekittenil they dropped that daredevil whammy on the community.

What if the Ranger spec is that fiery hammer wielding chap (From that release video)? what if it’s something else entirely?

Thoughts?

(I put this on the ranger forum too, as I’m unsure if this thread applies to the ranger forum or the HoT forum)

Are druids a sure thing?

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Since they had the name of the Druid waaaaaaaay back in January with the announcement, that sounds to me like they were very confident in what the Ranger’s Elite Specialization would be and that it was set in stone. Whereas they had not yet decided on the other profession’s Elite Specializations.

So it can go both ways.

Are druids a sure thing?

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Sorry but it’s a druid lol. I highly doubt it would change in pax they did confirm its a staff, and state the name

Are druids a sure thing?

Posted by: ErickDntn.1847

ErickDntn.1847

As you said, people assume thief will get rifle.
Ranger elite spec is said to be called druid with staff, not only appear in the trailer, anet themselves even mentioned and used druid with staff as example when explaining about elite specs.

However you are also right that this is not official and subject to changes. But the probability is quite high considering what I have said, in my opinion.

Are druids a sure thing?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Speculation is a FAR different thing than an official announcement.

Anet has said that Druid with Staff is going to be the Ranger elite spec. Flat out. Not a tentative “it might be” or “we’re considering it” but flat out “Ranger gets Druid elite spec”.

Anet themselves are typically very careful about announcing stuff until its set in stone (its one of the main reasons they’re tight-lipped about info about upcoming content), so if they say Druid is the Ranger elite spec, then it is. Ranger was probably one of the few elite specs they had worked out to the point where they were completely certain of what weapon it was getting, which is why they used Druid as the announcement spec in the first place.

In theory, COULD it have changed? Possibly. But that would probably require a major announcement by Anet to let people know about the change. Which hasn’t happened.

Plus, Ranger = Druid was literally just mentioned a few days ago during the PAX livestream, if I’m not mistaken. Or during last week’s POI. One of the two. I definitely remember Colin saying that Ranger’s will be able to become Druids in HoT in one of those recent videos.

Are druids a sure thing?

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Only a few people speculated about thief having rifle, this was fueled after a data mined specialization image showed a thief with a staff and people speculated that maybe it was actually long gun in the picture… then a bunch of crazies piled onto the crazy bus and started talking about how great it would be to have the class with the best access to stealth and mobility to also have high damage from 1200. They all knew it was staff, but some people like to dream big.

Ranger doesnt have this issue. Anet said “Rangers will be getting the Druid specialization with a staff”, and the artwork showing the ranger with the staff and even some trailer clips of the ranger using a staff to cast a viney-sort-of-spell are available if you go look.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds