Are you going to buy HoT?

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

I am. I will delete my lvl 2 thief and make a Revenant after I’ve gotten HoT. Then if I like it, I will play it as main character.
My expectations: I hope skills will be awesome, a bit flashy, rainbowish (different colors for different skills), at least 3 different colors, and I also hope the class will be swift.
Fixed LA, currently closed (before were available) areas made open again and of course new places is expected from my part.
I would guess the expansion to come around may or april.
HoT is pretty good shorting for marketing. “Get a hot HoT expansion now!”

Your thoughts people?

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

No, at least not until I read more info (GS on necro is a massive incentive but if we are going to have raid-like bullkitten, then no ty.)

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Juan.6871

Juan.6871

If it is priced around $20 -$30, then sure!

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

Probably. Most likely. I will wait for it to launch first and give it a week to see what people are saying about it.

I think Pax was mostly just more hype. I didn’t feel we got a whole lot of info about the expansion itself, just general info: new profession, new areas, new group stuff.

Pretty much stuff you could assume being there without them telling you about it. I wasn’t really surprised by the reveal as much as it just confirmed my suspicion. I’ve seen enough MMO expansions to know what they generally contain.

It’s the stuff they tell us in the coming weeks, the real meat and potatoes particulars, that will decide whether this is worth REALLY being interested in. Their track record is mixed for me. I love the IDEA of a lot of the things they present, but sometimes the reality is a lot different.

I will however be using this weekend to return to the game and play an Elementalist. I’ve done a warrior and ranger up to level cap, and a thief up to around 40. Time to get my magic on.

“All is Vain…”

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Everyone and their mom is gonna buy this expansion.

Because why not???

Pr3curz0r huntz, n3w maPz, w3pnz, etc etc.

On a serious note, the amount of hype that was generated today on twitch and on pax was amazing and I can’t wait for the launch.

/fanboy over

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

There’s still not enough details to consider buying it. There isn’t even a release date, or specifics about the new masteries or specs. Everything was so vague at Pax South, but there’s still time, and they’ll be releasing new info in the coming months.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Most people will comment here are going to say no because the title attracts specifically that group of the player-base.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

If you post in these forums or play gw2 and don’t buy the expansion you should be arrested for treason

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

For sure. I’ll also have 79 tomes of knowledge saved for the Revenant, as well as a few sets of ascended heavy armor ^^

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I am not going to buy a HoT. I am going to buy four of them. (I am scared for my poor wallet. It is already wounded and cannot hold any coins. This might prove fatal.)

Posted by: DougM.2305

DougM.2305

I’m interested in the expansion, but I’m going to wait for more details before I decide whether or not I’m going to buy it. And as Juan said, if it’s priced around $20-30, then that’ll help. If the new content can either fix or outweigh the issues I have with the game, then I’ll be on board.

The main issue I have with the game is that it doesn’t feel crisp. Meaning, my norn feels like he moves sluggishly, the sound effects don’t always sync up with the visual effects, it’s often unclear where the edges of platforms and creature hit boxes are, and the camera moves as though there’s some kind of mouse acceleration going on.

Then there’s the uneven quality of the voice acting and in-game cut scenes. For Point of No Return, the quality was really good, but there’ve been prior Living World episodes that were downright bad.

All the new content that they announced today is interesting, and I’m looking forward to hearing more, but right now I don’t have much of a reason to log in, and when I do, I don’t get sucked in because of the issues the game has.

Hit me. I dare you.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Given what they disclosed at PAX so far I probably will not. Here is why:

• A new region. It seems fun but I’ll probably go through it in a month or so. I can’t see paying X$ for it.
  • I don’t trust how the new mastery system will play out. I fear it will be just as bad as the current trait system.
  • A new profession. That seems cool but I doubt it will keep my interest for long. Everyone will be playing it after the expansion comes out.
  • New PvP mode. I hate PvP and that does not interest me.
  • New WvW dynamics. See PvP above.
  • Guild halls. I don’t care about guilds.
  • Guild leader boards. See above. Plus the current leader boards are already a joke.

There just isn’t enough information on how the expansion will impact the core game at this time.

The Burninator

Posted by: Lucky Shot.7650

Lucky Shot.7650

Yes.

/15 chars

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’ll buy it.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Depends on the price. The game’s fun but paying $30, ~50-60% the price of the base game for what they have so far announced would be hard to swallow.

15-20$? Ya, I’d grab that…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Probably not. I’m not convinced ArenaNet is committed to creating quality games. I guess their vision is too different from that of the original Guild Wars game creators. This is just another korean MMO with a skin of a great game.

Posted by: Ferraro.6125

Ferraro.6125

Yes.

What kind of question is that haha

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Yes, absolutely. However I’m dubious about the price, and I seriously hope they don’t draw the release out any longer than it absolutely has to be

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

I share the concern with Anet’s commitment but my brain goes something like this:

I’m just fed up with the traits debacle, not feeling valued as aplayer or customer, feeling like Anet have little respect for us. I have sworn not to buy gems til i feel more valued, so won’t be giving them any money at all in the near future, if ev-whats this?…..Potentially visiting some Mursaat? An awesome sounding new profession, some interesting new takes and extensions to the classes? Anet, you sneaky kittens!!!! I’m going to resent myself and you for this, but here’s my wallet, go crazy.

Certainly there is a lot to be determined really about whats being added and how it is and all that, but I fully see the above being my response.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

No, at least not until I read more info (GS on necro is a massive incentive but if we are going to have raid-like bullkitten, then no ty.)

This makes no sense. So don’t do the raids? Unlike WoW where you have to do raids if you want to progress your character because ofgear grind, we don’t have that here. Really, I don’t see any issue with having raids in the game for those who want raids. I would think that they wouldn’t be traditional WoW style raids anyway if they do have instanced group content.

Anyway, of course I will be buying HoT. I look forward to the new class and making my ranger into a druid!

Posted by: Milkduds.7109

Milkduds.7109

Everyone and their mom is gonna buy this expansion.

Because why not???

Pr3curz0r huntz, n3w maPz, w3pnz, etc etc.

On a serious note, the amount of hype that was generated today on twitch and on pax was amazing and I can’t wait for the launch.

/fanboy over

Perhaps enough to sell me right there. The idea of the precursor as a progression system seems extremely tantalizing.

“All is Vain…”

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Yes, buying it.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Palleon.1657

Palleon.1657

No, I wont be buying it.

I mean, although I clearly like the game so much I feel compelled to read and post on their forums, and probably spend most days playing the existing game, I will still find a reason to tell everyone that I wont be buying it – probably citing the price ($30 every 2 years is just too much), or the lack of a feature I came up with once on my own and have since pinned all my hopes on it appearing, or possibly just because I’m in a bad mood and am annoyed at all these people who seem to like the idea of tons of new content and features.

So no, I wont be buying it. Unless I change my mind, which I probably will, but that’s up to me and and none of your business. Unless I decide to post about it later. Which I probably will.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The question is: how many copies, not if I buy it.

Face it guys. That’s obvious we all gonna buy it. No excuses.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

What is there to be hyped about? Everything so far is so kitten vague! A new profession that sounds like a theme-swapped Engineer, surely it’s more than that but we just don’t know.

New WvW map, but how does it look? How does it play? What is the theme? how will it fit in with the current maps, and what does it replace?
Specializations, could not be more confusing. Pick a specialization(?), gain (maybe) new skills and new weapons and new playstyles? Sounds fun, but what, how, who, where, when and what again?
If you read the website part even a bit cynically it suggests you get one more weapon per profession. I was kinda hoping for more than one…

Masteries sound like something cool but you can only use it on the expansion maps. So, pretty much the same thing as with first flying mounts in WoW. Cool stuff, but only available on a small part of the whole world?
A prestige guild home? What else does it do? What makes it unique from just a simple meeting area?

The new pvp mode (kittening finally!) sounds cool.

Until there is some actual information on what all this stuff is, what the buzzwords really mean, I’m not going to get excited about what I hope and dream it might mean.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yes.

I have nearly 2000 hrs logged up playing GW2, so chances are I will buy it, as you get a lot of ‘play time’ for your money.

So far I am pretty positive about the new content announcements, hand gliding around Tyria probably excites me the most…

Obviously, the devil is in the details thou and I do have some early concerns:-

1) The new region, apparently ‘vertical’ was used to describe it and its got 3 tiers a canopy level, a ground and a tree level. Now hand gliding around the canopy level sounds great and awesome to me. However, I am concerned the new region will largely be a massive jumping puzzle or series of jumping puzzles. Is this the case/true. I HATE were getting from a to b to c is much harder to do than the dynamic events themselves.

2) The new WvW map, it mentions ‘blowing other players off high places to fall to there certain deaths’, I hope this is not the case, certain players will troll other players 24/7 if they can do that. Spoiling all the other activities on the map.

3) Another way besides RNG to get precursors sounds great but Anet are well known for grindy, repetive, near impossible to achieve stuff. So how much ‘grind’ to get a precursor? It would not surprise me if farming gold was still a faster, more certain way to get a precursor. Also, will bran new players after get 100% map exploration on the new expansion areas to be able to craft a legendary?

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Almost certainly.

This far ahead I couldn’t be completely sure. What we’ve heard so far sounds good but I wouldn’t completely rule out the future announcements putting me off. But it seems likely I will be buying it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

My original main character flopped because there was no Summoner/shape shifter/ spirit augmentation class. Now I can give her a shot again and I got my necromancer working after two years so that’s always nice (plus GS on necromancer). While I currently play GW2, I’ve been on and off with the game and I don’t feel involved or dedicated enough to the game to wish to purchase the expansion.

I expect a lot of new mmos later this year or early next year so my interests in this expansion depends on anets ability to get this content out before those drop.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Posted by: sirjosh.9561

sirjosh.9561

You’d have to be crazy not too.

Posted by: NYG.2568

NYG.2568

It kind of seems you Have to,if you want to continue where LS left off. Otherwise it seems you will be left in the dust.

Remember we don’t draw on cave walls anymore.Language and texts have evolved since.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

No, I can’t say I will till I see a few things

1. More info, most of the stuff I cared about was vague at best and as of now I still have no interest in actively playing again. I need more details.

2. I need to see a price. Right now, the expansion sounds small, and I need to know if that price will reflect that before I decide I’m gonna buy it. $20-$30? Sure, I’ll be willing to take a dive. Anything above that however? Absolutely not.

3. I want to see stuff that has been bugged since launch either finally fixed before or with the launch of the expansion.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

maybe, i first need more info and the hype train isn’t gonna do any good right now.
for now the expansion is a bigger version of the LS, nothing else and only actual info can say otherwise.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

1. More info, most of the stuff I cared about was vague at best and as of now I still have no interest in actively playing again. I need more details.

2. I need to see a price. Right now, the expansion sounds small, and I need to know if that price will reflect that before I decide I’m gonna buy it. $20-$30? Sure, I’ll be willing to take a dive. Anything above that however? Absolutely not.

3. I want to see stuff that has been bugged since launch either finally fixed before or with the launch of the expansion.

It will, almost surely, be a full-priced expansion.
Good luck finding a new game ^^

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Yes.

What kind of question is that haha

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Oh, I’ve already found one. Didn’t take long, I was just hoping this presentation would provide actual details.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

If I had to decide based on what I know right now, then probably.

If new knowledge on the way to its launch sways me away from making the purchase…well, nobody can know until we know about things like that.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

if it’s 200 euro, I’d still go for it and take off from work for a week on release. Shut up an take my money!

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Substance E.4852

I can’t see it being over $25-30 (depending on region). They seem like they are laying a lot of groundwork for further growth, but it doesn’t seem like the amount of stuff in the pack (what we have been shown) is going to justify a price tag that rivals the cost of the base game. It’d be a huge xbox180 given Anet’s previous derision for fracturing the player base and considering how many people here seem tremendously entitled to “free” content in a game that has no sub fee.

You could season the world’s largest pretzel with the salt generated by the community here any time they simply add an item to the gem store.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Of course I will. I want to see the new stuff, and travel and explore.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m a little surprised to see that the expansion is just like every other expansion mmos have been releasing for years now. Besides the level cap change, which is more rare but not unheard of in mmo expansions.
I am totally okay with this though. I’m happy anet didn’t do something “innovative” and mess around with another project of theirs.
As it stands now, I am absolutely thrilled for the expansion and will purchase the game as soon as it’s available, which will likely be for $50-$60. I don’t think there’s any possibility of it being less than $50.

Posted by: Smirgel.9460

Smirgel.9460

Of course I will buy it. I don’t understand people who think 30$+ for an expansion is expensive. WoW:WoD is 44.95$ and that game has a freaking sub fee on top.

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

No; I dislike the trait system change and unless it is reverted, no. I will mess about on my lvl 80’s but I have no plans to really do much more in the game aside from have simple fun on my existing lvl 80’s.

I had lots of fun in the game, and still can find a bit. I have not been as committed to the game as I was before the April patch and it seems that gw2 will be a little more than a diversion for me from my other game but nothing more .

I miss how it was before, but that is gone. So, gw2 just will be a side diversion for me from another game, as it has been since that patch.

For those who like how gw2 has been developing, this may be really great! They finally get an expansion. For me, it is still a big disappointment.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

I don’t understand people complaining about price and saying that they’ll only buy it for $20-30. People that’s most likely not going to happen. It will probably range from $49.00 and up. The price of a normal game. There is no sub so I don’t get the complaints. Hell, I’m ready to buy a physical CE if they have one (I hope they do).

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Yup, just like I bought Guild Wars Prophecies, factions and Nightfall.
Don’t really care about the cost.
I just hope they don’t do like they did before, announce it and then keep us in suspense for 2 years.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

I’ve bought every GW game. GW1/Faction/Nightfall/EotN/GW2 so yeah I’m going to buy HoT lol. GW is my favorite MMORPG. Its actually the only MMORPG that I have actually really felt invested. Tried others but never felt the same as GW.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Of course I will buy it. I don’t understand people who think 30$+ for an expansion is expensive. WoW:WoD is 44.95$ and that game has a freaking sub fee on top.

EotN was €30,-, for an expansion that has more then HoT yes, i find that really expensive.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

EotN was €30,-, for an expansion that has more then HoT yes, i find that really expensive.

Tell me what’ll be in HoT. You seem confident about your info.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Yes!

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Substance E.4852

And EvE Online gives them away for absolutely free.

Whodathunk there were otehr MMO’s than WoW?

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

I will buy the collectors edition with the caithe figure … sad that it isn’t logan. ( yes caithe figure is speculation, cause rytlock already exists)

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!