ArenaNet at gamescom -- Cologne, Germany

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

I’ve had my tickets for all but saterday ready for a while. Saterday was sold out soooo fast!
I’m very much going to enjoy the con.
(and bring Stroopwafel bribes ^_~ )

Oh dear lord, who can resist Stroopwafel? For reference: here are details about this delicious snack!

Hey Gaile, if you tell me how many staff ArenaNet is bringing to Gamescom, i’ll make sure i bring enough for everybody ^_~
I remember last time i deliverd a load at gamescom, they were gone in 5 minutes XD

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

North Americans are so easy to bribe with stroopwafels Maybe we can buy back New York for a ship full off stroopwafels

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: maidens.1973

maidens.1973

maybe release date we hear on this gamescon?

Posted by: Creativewild.6319

Creativewild.6319

We’re excited to let you know that ArenaNet will be at gamescom in Cologne, Germany, from August 5 through 9. We will be showing off Guild Wars: Heart of Thorns at the Twitch booth in Hall 9. A lot has changed since we were at the show last year. Stop on by, meet members of the Guild Wars 2 team, and get some yourself some hands-on with HoT!

I positively love gamescom, and I’m super excited to be going to this amazing show. If you’re going, too, post here so I can watch for you at the show!

Hi Gaile, hope to see you again after EGX … a question. Are we allowed to enter on the 5th? I believe we can only enter on the 5th if allowed by the exhibitor (anet ins this case)

I am really look forward to it

Note: you may remember me as the guy with almost 8000 hours split into two accounts

That’s a question that I cannot answer, I’m sorry to say. From what I recall, entry is determined by the folks at the door or the gates — not by the exhibitors. ArenaNet doesn’t have the means to invite people into the venue in advance of the posted hours, but you’re welcome to inquire of the gamescom organizers on what their requirements would be. If you don’t get in that day, stop on by when you get a chance!

will do, thats the only reason I go to gamescom anyway :P

Heros forged in the heat of battle – Herois Lusitanos – https://www.heroislusitanos.com

DBZVelena.5186

North Americans are so easy to bribe with stroopwafels Maybe we can buy back New York for a ship full off stroopwafels

Yes, but what would we do with it? Logistic wise its to far away. Its why we gave up those other colonies too. Just too expensive.
Much easier to just bribe key people, instead of buying a city. ^_~

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’ve had my tickets for all but saterday ready for a while. Saterday was sold out soooo fast!

Oh dear lord, who can resist Stroopwafel? For reference: here are details about this delicious snack!

Hey Gaile, if you tell me how many staff ArenaNet is bringing to Gamescom, i’ll make sure i bring enough for everybody ^_~
I remember last time i deliverd a load at gamescom, they were gone in 5 minutes XD

I’ll be happy to get you that information as the date gets closer. Five minutes? Hmmm… just, you know, if I’m not on the floor at the time… tuck one away for me, eh?

So true. So true!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m sending out a note now to fansites and others who cover Guild Wars 2: If you’re going to be at gamescom, post or send me a PM so I can arrange to meet you!

[[BTW, I talked to my German co-worker about the stroopwafels. He looked a little puzzled, and I thought “Oh dear, I mispronounced another German word!” However, he then clarified that stroopwafels are not German, but Dutch. As if that matters, right? Delicious is delicious. ]]

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

lol, when you are so much waiting for dutch stroopwafels, which are nothing else but 2 thin waffles pressed together with caramel syrup in between, then you should eat here in Germany a real hot waffle (belgium/brussel style) with warm cherries, whipped cream and powdered sugar. Alot more delicious than those cold tooth terrors, that are stroopwafels ^^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waffle

But if you really want to eat something delicious that comes originally from Germany/Austria, I advise you too eat some Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) with Bourbon Vanilla Sauce, you will never want to stop eating it anymore, I guarantee you hehe ^^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_strudel

So much for culinary derail talk here lol.
Can’t wait… still 19 days to Gamescom

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

DBZVelena.5186

I’m sending out a note now to fansites and others who cover Guild Wars 2: If you’re going to be at gamescom, post or send me a PM so I can arrange to meet you!

[[BTW, I talked to my German co-worker about the stroopwafels. He looked a little puzzled, and I thought “Oh dear, I mispronounced another German word!” However, he then clarified that stroopwafels are not German, but Dutch. As if that matters, right? Delicious is delicious. ]]

The difference between something dutch and something german, is like comparing something from the USA with something from Canada.
You just don’t.
But don’t worry, i’m sure plenty of fan’s will bring snacks XD
And they’ll even share.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

lol, when you are so much waiting for dutch stroopwafels, which are nothing else but 2 thin waffles pressed together with caramel syrup in between, then you should eat here in Germany a real hot waffle (belgium/brussel style) with warm cherries, whipped cream and powdered sugar. Alot more delicious than those cold tooth terrors, that are stroopwafels ^^

But if you really want to eat something delicious that comes originally from Germany/Austria, I advise you too eat some Apfelstrudel (Apple Strudel) with Bourbon Vanilla Sauce, you will never want to stop eating it anymore, I guarantee you hehe ^^

‘Cold tooth terrors’? That’s your problem right there as you are doing it all wrong. You need to eat them warm, not cold.

The best stroopwafels ofcourse you should get fresh from a stall when they’re nice and warm. Failing that, a good alternative would be getting Kanjer Stroopwafels from a store and warming them up briefly in a microwave (or just put them on top of a hot cup of coffee/tea for a few minutes).

But eating them cold would be like trying to eat an Apfelstrudel with mayonaise.

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Bummer. The tickets to Gamescom are all sold out

DBZVelena.5186

There are still tickets for sunday though.
And you can stand in line on location for afternoon tickets.
(Or if you’re from germany, try a Saturn store.)

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Sadly, Saturn is also sold out.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I have been to Germany many times. In fact, I was there just two months ago on vacation. And I cannot recall Apfelstudel with Bourbon Vanilla Sauce. That sounds simply marvelous. Thank you for sharing that information.

ahem

Back on topic: Yes, the countdown continues — I’ll be traveling in just 12 days! ~ happy dance, preferably to Brahms or Beethoven ~

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Dang it! Last I checked, Thursday and Sunday were available.

It seems according to DBZVelena (and from what I also heard) there may be some access if you’re willing to chance it, but that certainly wouldn’t be prudent if you needed to travel to the city, not knowing if you could get into the show. Is Saturn in a network, or might individual stores still have tickets?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

I have been to Germany many times. In fact, I was there just two months ago on vacation. And I cannot recall Apfelstudel with Bourbon Vanilla Sauce. That sounds simply marvelous. Thank you for sharing that information.

ahem

Back on topic: Yes, the countdown continues — I’ll be traveling in just 12 days! ~ happy dance, preferably to Brahms or Beethoven ~

I will waltz with you Ms. Grey. When I play Beethoven people tell me it sounds like an after school special

Attachments:

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

So a BWE from the 7th to the 9th of August? wink wink

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

ahem

Apfelstrudel is more of a southern german dish, though of course nowadays you can get it in most restaurants no matter where in the country. Though if I may suggest something, try german wine especially the white ones are really good and somewhat underappreciated.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

DBZVelena.5186

Dang it! Last I checked, Thursday and Sunday were available.

It seems according to DBZVelena (and from what I also heard) there may be some access if you’re willing to chance it, but that certainly wouldn’t be prudent if you needed to travel to the city, not knowing if you could get into the show. Is Saturn in a network, or might individual stores still have tickets?

I don’t know if your local german Saturn still has tickets. their website does’nt state if they’re sold out yet.
Gamescom website states you can get afternoon tickets (entry from 2 pm.) at the stands at Gamescom.
In my experiance, i advise to come early, those lines are LONG!

We still offer discounted afternoon tickets of Thursday (06.08.2015) until Sunday (09.08.2015) at a price of 8.00 Euro with admission from 02.00 p.m. at the box office on site. The admission however depends on the flow of visitors, ie. emergence from the site. Waiting times for the afternoon tickets can not be excluded.

Gamescom ticket shop only has tickets left for the gamescom congress. that DOES NOT include the tradefair. so its not useful.

So, if you don’t have a ticket now, you only have a chance at a ticket by standing in line for the afternoon ones.

Generally, its smart to get your gamescom ticket when they first go on sale. which is April.

See you all at gamescom

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

Super excited for gamescom! Been there for the last 5 years and it’s always been one of my highlights. Especially the community meet and greets were fun, so I hope there’ll be one this year as well.

Only 9 more days to go!

PS: I wonder if Gaile is willing to trade one of her frogs for a lifetime supply of stroopwafles *ponders*

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

I got a question.
Is there a shedule that you show things off?
I`ll be there on thrusday, the first public day and last year it was kinda barren, with only some PvP Players I presume around.
It felt a bit out of place and just shoved in, in the whole twitch booth.

I really loved the experience just before release, where it was clearly designated and people were actually named.
Can we expect something like that this year around?

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

Oh man, I’m so close to Cologne but yet so far! Wish I could get a 4 day pass to head out there! It would be awesome if you guys could stop by the German-American Volksfest this coming weekend but it would be a bit of a ride out plus I’m sure you’re busy making sure that your show at Gamescom is going to be excellent.

Well either way we send our best regards and wishes from Vilseck, hope the show goes very well!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I got a question.
Is there a shedule that you show things off?
I`ll be there on thrusday, the first public day and last year it was kinda barren, with only some PvP Players I presume around.
It felt a bit out of place and just shoved in, in the whole twitch booth.

I really loved the experience just before release, where it was clearly designated and people were actually named.
Can we expect something like that this year around?

I don’t think this year will be the same as it was last year. I think you should stop by on Thursday and meet us. And watch the website, we have a blog post coming with info on the show.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Will this event be getting streamed at all?

Hopefully we get to see much more content and maybe a few new reveals. Would be awesome.

Beta weekends are great, but we’re now…. 8 weeks (?) since our last spec reveal.

Info coming soon on our full plans. I think you will be very pleased.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

release date…

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: Reaper.1239

Reaper.1239

Release date will be highly unlikely because as they said it will depend on the betas and feedback ( which makes total sense) and so far we didn’t have any Beta Weekends (not counting the bonus revenant /stronghold test) and i dont think the stress tests are enough. Might be some other content reveal .. looks at challenging group content >.>

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

So theres a blog post does that mean we will learn things I get confused easily.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

I think I’ve gotten one of those with my Starbucks coffee gift before lol

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

Please arenanet. Tell us of challenging content. Then all this breaking in elite specs will be fully worth it for me. ( for me guys I said for me.. don’t yell at Me)

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

Posted by: SacredNightshine.4270

SacredNightshine.4270

The difference between something dutch and something german, is like comparing something from the USA with something from Canada.
You just don’t.

Thank you We are proud of our stroopwafels hahaha. Dont worry. Nobody is offended I hope you guys will enjoy the stroopwafels at Gamescom….Now i am off to buy some for myself, cause the tickets are sold out and i cannot come ;( Am looking forward to the announcements

(edited by SacredNightshine.4270)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Release date will be highly unlikely because as they said it will depend on the betas and feedback ( which makes total sense) and so far we didn’t have any Beta Weekends (not counting the bonus revenant /stronghold test) and i dont think the stress tests are enough. Might be some other content reveal .. looks at challenging group content >.>

probably, or it’ll be the first beta weekend event’s date…
Not getting my hopes up for much though, been burned too many times now.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Orpheal.8263

Hello Gaile,

got your Private Message and answered it.
Posting here, just to get sure you see it

Posted by: Feothyr.6072

Feothyr.6072

Since I saw a lot of people with commander icon last year at gamescom, maybe we should all get a commander tag in different colors so we can recognize each other?!

Goroth – Necro | Valea – Mesmer
Naneth – Guardian | Brannoc Oakbark – Ranger
Is all that we see or seem just a dream within a dream?

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Since I saw a lot of people with commander icon last year at gamescom, maybe we should all get a commander tag in different colors so we can recognize each other?!

I will be sporting my traditional purple/lavender commander tag.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

DBZVelena.5186

And I’ll be wearing one of my many many Guild Wars T-shirts.

I hope there will be some kind of Guild Wars 2 loot again this year.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Oh no, I don’t think there will be any loot this year.
~whistles~
~looks at sky~

:)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Gaile, can you possibly comment on whether there’s going to be any news or updates about the game that we don’t know about yet?

Orpheal.8263

Do you really believe ANet would be at Europes biggest Gaming Tradefair, if they wouldn’t have there anything new to announce??

I’m pretty sure, we will get to hear and see about maybe 1 or 2 Elite Specilizations there, or about the Challenging Group Content, and who knows, maybe we will see even some of the new Legendary Weapons (without telling us how to make them, just seeing how they look through some kind of new Teaser Video for HoT)

Whenever Anet was at Gamescom, they were there with a reason, to announce something…
2009 it was the Existance of the Game itself. 1st Official Announcement Teaser
2010 and 2011, it were playable Demos
2012: Game Release
2013: 1st Anniversary
2014: All-Stars Tournament with PvP players from Europe, North America and China/ September Feature Pack
2015: All about HoT, so far is guaranteed

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gamescom

Oh and where we talk about booth xD I need a Charr Plushie and a Llama lol g (looking back at the booth from last year, where I sadly couldn’t be part of, cause tickets were so early sold out, that it hit me by surprise – the only exceptional time where so far I couldn’t be there ^^)
But I’m pretty sure there will be again tons of T-shirts and other nice goodies hehe

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: CodeHavoc.7926

CodeHavoc.7926

Will there be demos there? How about a surprise announcement? And I’m hearing the event will be streamed as well. Confirmation?

Necro Jesus is a thing apparently
The Zerker Bunker meta is the biggest bug in the game

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Can you tell us ANYTHING about what you’re showing? like just the feature? will we get any more info on the story or pve maps? info on that stuff is so little

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I know many of us want to know in advance. But ANet likes to surprise the players — just look at Colin’s announcement that pre-purchase would be available .. oh … now. Besides, they’re hardly going to say “Hey, heads up, we’re going to tell you the release date is X, tune in for the big announcement that X is the date!” Why steal their own thunder?

Some of the information we have not gotten yet is material. People want to stock up on weapon skins suiting their Elite. They want to work on appropriate legendaries, or on Ascended armor of useful stats (less vital now that we can redo the stats). Some will want to do Hero Challenges only on the alt whose Elite they intend to focus on and can’t decide that until they know something about all the Elites.

But as to “what are they going to show us at GamesCon, what are they going to announce?” Ask yourself what would in any way change in your game play between now and the con based on that. If they said “This is where we’ll show off Challenging Group Content,” would anything be different for you beyond having a date certain for that blog? If they said “Yes, OK, stay tuned so you can hear the release date at the same time as everyone else,” how would that affect you in the slightest? You still wouldn’t know the date until then and thus you still wouldn’t have any data to time your budget etc.

They’ll say something. They’ll give away some stuff. There’s no need to know in advance what the details are. The con is sold out so you can’t decide at the last minute to go to it because you want this year’s Mr. Sparkles.

Posted by: latinkuro.7304

latinkuro.7304

All I need is date and time confirmation so I can sort things at work so I can have that specific day off……..!

The sooner the better A.net !!!

LOVE: Raids & Fractals.
HATE: Jumping puzzles.
DESPISE: TIME GATES, RNG & THE TRINITY !

Posted by: Wwefan.4982

Wwefan.4982

Well guys Blizzard is revealing their expansion so Anet you need to reveal something big Gamescom is where Anet shines at conventions don’t let Blizzard steal your thunder can’t wait to read the blog post of whats happening.

Sylvari mean

Posted by: Screenager.7804

Screenager.7804

Oh no, I don’t think there will be any loot this year.
~whistles~
~looks at sky~

:)

Loot the Deeeeeeeeevs!

cannot wait for the con hype is ramping up now

Screenager
Executed [ExE] – Piken Square
characterselect.net

Posted by: cunningowl.8024

cunningowl.8024

Will Anet reps be at Dragoncon in Atl. GA this year?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That’s an interesting question. I’ve never gone to DragonCon as it’s just a little further than I want to travel for a con (and in latter years I’ve not been con-going a’tall). But DC → GA isn’t thaaaat far, and I have plenty of friends who go and costume for it; one of them got kudos for his Samurai Iron Man costume last time.

The thing is, though, while it’s huge it’s still an F&SF con, right? It doesn’t sound like a place for video game purveyors to trumpet their wares the way PAX is.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Sorry, no, we will not be attending Dragoncon this year.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I want to reach out to guilds who are attending gamescom.

We know that several Guild Wars 2 fansites will be present, but I imagine even more guild leaders and guild members will be at the show. Post here or drop me a PM if you or your guild members will be at the Cologne show!

Really looking forward to seeing you there!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Darkmyth.9674

Darkmyth.9674

Some officers and our guild leader from River of Tears (RoT) (UW server) will be there on Friday. We’ll bring some stroopwafels for you

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Officer of World Vs World Vs [GiGa] (Abaddon’s Mouth) reporting in. I will be accompanied by a member and maybe our guild leader also shows up. We’ll bring the party. :P

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.